PDA

View Full Version : Broncos VS Chargers MNF - GAME THREAD

Pages : [1] 2

Bronco9798
12-24-2007, 12:36 PM
BRONCOS VISIT CHARGERS FOR THIRD MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL APPEARANCE OF 2007

The Denver Broncos (6-8) will make their third Monday Night Football appearance of the season this week when they visit the San Diego Chargers (9-5) on Christmas Eve. Kickoff at Qualcomm Stadium is set for 5 p.m. PST, and the game will be televised nationally on ESPN.

Denver will play the Chargers following a 10-day layoff after it lost a Thursday night game at Houston 31-13 on Dec. 13. The Broncos did not commit a turnover for the second game in a row and wide receiver Brandon Marshall (11 catches for 107 yards) became the first player in club history with consecutive 10-catch outings, but they could not slow down a Texans running game that accounted for 158 yards and three touchdowns.

The Broncos' defeat in Houston coupled with wins by San Diego and Cleveland on Sunday eliminated them from postseason play. Denver still has a chance to set a franchise record by posting at least a .500 record for the eighth consecutive season, which would be the longest active streak in the NFL, should it win its remaining two games.

Monday's game marks Denver's road finale as well as its last divisional game of the season. The Broncos have won their last three regular season road finales and with a victory can finish the season with a winning record (4-2) in AFC West play for the seventh time since 1995.

With an appearance against the Chargers, Broncos kicker Jason Elam will play in his 235th career regular-season game and pass John Elway for the most games played in club history. Elam enters Monday's game having made his last 12 field goal attempts, the fourth-longest streak in team annals, and set an NFL record this year by totaling the 15th 100-point season (103 pts.) of his career.

TV AND RADIO INFORMATION at SAN DIEGO

TELEVISION: ESPN (locally - KCNC-TV / CBS Channel 4): Mike Tirico (play-by-play) along with Ron Jaworski (color commentary) and Tony Kornheiser (color commentary) will call the game while Suzy Kolber and Michele Tafoya report from the sidelines.

NATIONAL RADIO: WESTWOOD ONE/CBS RADIO SPORTS: Marv Albert (play-by-play) and Boomer Esiason (color commentary) will call the game while Jim Gray hosts the pregame and halftime shows.

LOCAL RADIO: KOA Radio (850 AM): Dave Logan (play-by-play) and David Diaz-Infante (color commentary) will call the game while Alan Roach reports from the sidelines.

SPANISH RADIO: KBNO Radio (1280 AM): Luke Sandoval and Yuri Vasquez will call the game.

NATIONAL SPANISH TELEVISION: ESPN Deportes will provide a broadcast of the game.

NATIONAL SPANISH RADIO: Univision Radio will provide a broadcast of the game.

BRONCOS AT CHARGERS — POINTS OF INTEREST

Monday's game will be the 96th regular-season meeting between Denver and San Diego with the Broncos owning a 52-42-1 all-time record in those games, including an 18-29 mark on the road... The Broncos' 52 wins against San Diego are their most against any opponent... Denver Mike Shanahan is 19-9 (.679) against the Chargers for his career and with a win Monday can become the only active head coach with 20 regular-season wins against two teams (20 vs. Oakland).

Denver, which lost 41-3 to San Diego on Oct. 7, faces the Chargers on Monday Night Football for only the second time in team history this week and for the first time since Dec. 17, 1979 (17-7 road loss)... The Broncos are 25-30-1 (.456) all-time on Monday Night Football and are 1-1 on the program this year... Denver's three MNF appearances in 2007 tie Baltimore for the most in the NFL... Broncos K Jason Elam, who is set to pass John Elway for the most games played in club history with his 235th appearance on Monday, ranks second and third in NFL history in field goals made (47) and points scored (200) on MNF, respectively... Elam also owns more field goals (49) and points scored (225) against San Diego than any player in NFL history... Monday's game is Denver's final divisional game of the year, and the Broncos (3-2) are looking to post their seventh winning record in their AFC West schedule since 1995.

This week also marks Denver's final regular-season road game of the year, and it is looking to win that contest for the fourth consecutive season... Denver, which has been eliminated from postseason contention, can set a franchise record by posting at least a .500 record for the eighth year in a row should it win its final two games (streak would be longest active one in NFL)... The Broncos play on Christmas Eve for the third consecutive season Monday and are 4-3 all-time on the date, including wins in each of their last three such games... Denver is in the final game of a stretch in which it plays six of eight on the road (3-4 thus far)... In the last six weeks, Denver has tied for the third-most takeaways (16) and third-best turnover ratio (+8) in the NFL.

The Broncos have not turned the ball over in their last two games... Denver's pass defense is sixth in the NFL (196.2 ypg.), and the club has not allowed more than 200 passing yards in its last four games... Denver has forced an AFC-best 28 fumbles... The Broncos' 5.79 yards per play average is the fourth best in the NFL and projects to be the fourth-best single-season mark in club history... Denver ranks sixth in the NFL in yards per game (353.9)... With RBs Travis Henry (680 yds.) and Selvin Young (603 yds.), the Broncos are one of four clubs in the league with two 600+yard rushers.

Denver is averaging 4.5 yards per rush, which ranks third in the NFL, and 124.1 rushing yards per game (8th in NFL)... Young's 603 rushing yards mark the fifth most by an undrafted rookie in NFL history, and his 5.6-yard rushing average is the second best in the league this year... During the last six weeks, the Broncos are fourth in the league in rushing (136.3 ypg.)... QB Jay Cutler (3,096) gave Denver its 19th all-time 3,000-yard passing season last week, and the second-year player is fifth in the league in yards per pass attempt (7.78) and 10th in overall passing yards.

Cutler's 90.8 passer rating projects to be the fifth best by a Bronco for a season in club history while his 64.6 completion percentage is set to rank second in team annals... WR Brandon Marshall last week became the first player in Broncos history to post consecutive games with at least 10 catches (one of three in the league this year), and his 86 receptions (1,136 yds.) rank seventh in the NFL... WR Brandon Stokley leads the NFL in first down percentage on receptions (85.0% / 34-of-40)... TE Tony Scheffler recorded the first 100-yard receiving game of his career last week (100 yds.) and has totaled the fifth-most receiving yards (423) among league tight ends over the last nine weeks... DE Elvis Dumervil's 11 sacks rank fourth in the AFC while DE Tim Crowder is fourth among NFL rookies with four sacks ... LB D.J. Williams' 149 tackles are a team high... CB Dre' Bly ranks first on Denver in takeaways (5—all INTs)... LB Jamie Winborn leads Denver in special-teams tackles with 11 (7 kick, 4 punt).

Bronco9798
12-24-2007, 12:36 PM
BRONCOS ON MONDAY NIGHTS

The Broncos own a 25-30-1 (.456) all-time record in games played on Monday Night Football, including a 1-1 record this year. Denver is 20-9-1 (.683) in home MNF games and 5-21 (.192) in such games on the road.

Under Mike Shanahan (1995-Pres.), Denver is 13-11 (.542) when playing on Monday Night Football. The Broncos are 11-4 (.733) in home MNF games under Shanahan and are 2-7 (.222) on the road.

BRONCOS LOOK TO SET FRANCHISE RECORD FOR CONSECUTIVE .500 OR BETTER SEASONS

Although they have been eliminated from the playoffs, the Broncos can set a franchise record by posting at least a .500 record for the eighth year in a row should they win their final two games.

Denver's seven-year streak without a losing record (2000-06) ties for the longest in club history. The Broncos also went seven consecutive years without a losing record from 1983-89, a time period in which they advanced to three Super Bowls.

In addition, the Broncos would have the longest active streak in the league without a losing record should they win their last two games.

DENVER TIED FOR FIFTH IN SCHEDULED MONDAY NIGHT APPEARANCES

The Broncos will make their 57th all-time appearance on Monday Night Football when they visit San Diego this week. The Broncos' game against the Chargers is one of three Monday night games for Denver this year with the club also having played Green Bay on Oct. 29 and Tennessee on Nov. 19. Denver joins Baltimore as one of two teams in the NFL to play three times on Monday this year.

Denver's 57 scheduled MNF games tie for the fifth most in NFL history.

BRONCOS WRAP UP DIVISIONAL PLAY MONDAY

The Broncos play their final AFC West game of the season on Monday in San Diego. Denver owns a 3-2 record in divisional play this season and with a win can post its seventh winning record (above .500) in AFC West games under Head Coach Mike Shanahan (1995-Pres.).

A Denver win on Monday also would give it its 18th winning AFC West record all time (since 1970).

This year marks the 12th consecutive season and 29th time in club history that the Broncos have recorded a divisional record of at least .500.

WHAT TO WATCH FOR: at SAN DIEGO (12/24/07)

TEAM (3-GAME WIN STREAK ON CHRISTMAS EVE) - Can extend its winning streak on Christmas Eve to four games and improve its 4-3 all-time record on the date with a win.

TEAM (3-GAME ROAD FINALE WIN STREAK) - Can win its regular- season road finale for the fourth consecutive year with a victory.

TEAM (3-2 DIV. RECORD) - Can finish the year with a winning record in divisional play for the seventh time since 1995 and 18th time in club history with a victory.

TEAM (NO TURNOVERS IN LAST TWO GAMES) - Can extend its streak without turning the ball over to three games against San Diego (current two-game streak is club's longest since its four game streak in 2005 that tied the NFL record).

TEAM (200 OR FEWER PASS YDS. ALLOWED IN LAST 4 GMS.) - Can extend its streak of not allowing more than 200 passing yards to five games against San Diego.

MIKE SHANAHAN (19-9 VS. S.D.) - Can become the only active head coach with 20 regular-season wins against multiple teams with his 20th career win against San Diego.

CB CHAMP BAILEY (24 INTS) - Needs one interception to pass Steve Atwater (24) for sole possession of eighth and two to tie Louis Wright (26) for seventh in Broncos history in career interceptions.

CB CHAMP BAILEY (304 INT YDS.) - Needs 31 interception return yards to tie Randy Gradishar (335) for 10th, 36 to tie Tom Jackson (340) for ninth and 56 to tie Louis Wright (260) for eighth in Broncos history in career interception return yards.

CB CHAMP BAILEY (3 INT RET. FOR TDS) - Needs one interception returned for a touchdown to tie Tyrone Braxton (4) and Mike Harden (4) for the most interceptions returned for a touchdown in Broncos history.

CB DRE' BLY (5 INTS) - Needs one interception to tie his single season career high (6, 3x) for interceptions.

DE TIM CROWDER (4.0 SACKS) – Needs 2.5 sacks to tie Shane Dronett (6.5) for the fifth-most sacks by a rookie in Broncos history.

QB JAY CUTLER (3,096 YDS.) - Needs 232 passing yards to tie John Elway (3,328) for 10th in Broncos history for most passing yards in a season.

DE ELVIS DUMERVIL (11.0 SACKS) - Needs one sack to tie three players (12) for 10th, 1.5 to tie Rich Jackson (12.5) for ninth and two to tie four players (13.0) for fifth in Broncos history for most sacks in a season.

DE ELVIS DUMERVIL (4 MULTI-SACK GMS.) - Can record the most multiple-sack games in a season by a Bronco under Head Coach Mike Shanahan (1995-Pres.) with 1.5 sacks on Monday.

DE ELVIS DUMERVIL (7 PASS BREAKUPS) - Needs one pass breakup to tie DT Michael Dean Perry for the most pass breakups (8) in a season by a Broncos defensive lineman under Head Coach Mike Shanahan (1995-Pres.).

K JASON ELAM (234 GP) - Can pass John Elway (234) for sole possession of the most regular-season games played in Broncos history by making his 235th career appearance Monday.

K JASON ELAM (487 FGA) - Needs one field goal attempt to tie Jim Turner (488) for seventh in NFL history in career field goal attempts.

K JASON ELAM (599 PATM) - Needs to make one extra point to become the sixth player in NFL history with 600 extra point conversions.

K JASON ELAM (12 CONSEC. FGs) - Needs to make his next field goal attempt to tie Rich Karlis (13) for third and his next seven to tie himself (19, 2x) for first in club history in consecutive field goals made.

WR BRANDON MARSHALL (2 CONSEC. 100-YD. GAMES) – Can tie Denver's franchise record for consecutive 100-yard receiving games with his third in a row on Monday.

WR BRANDON MARSHALL (86 REC.) – Needs one reception to tie Shannon Sharpe (87) for seventh, three to tie Rod Smith (89) for sixth and six to tie Lionel Taylor (92) for fifth in Broncos history for most receptions in a season.

WR BRANDON MARSHALL (1,136 YDS.) – Needs eight receiving yards to tie Rod Smith (1,444) for 10th, 34 to tie Steve Watson (1,170) for ninth, 40 to tie Lionel Taylor (1,176) for eighth, 44 to tie Rod Smith (1,180) for seventh, 86 to tie Rod Smith (1,222) for sixth, 99 to tie Lionel Taylor (1,235) for fifth and 108 to tie Steve Watson (1,244) for fourth in Broncos history for most receiving yards in a season.

RB SELVIN YOUNG (603 YDS.) – Needs 74 rushing yards to tie Mike Bell (677) for fourth and 121 to tie Clark Gaines (724) for third in most rushing yards by an undrafted rookie in NFL history. Also needs 43 rushing yards to tie Billy Joe (646) for seventh and 74 to tie Mike Bell (677) for sixth in Broncos history in rushing yards by a rookie.

RB SELVIN YOUNG (870 COMBINED YDS.) – Needs 130 yards to reach the 1,000 combined yards mark for the season.

BRONCOS ON CHRISTMAS EVE

Denver will play on Christmas Eve for the third consecutive season and for the eighth time in club history when they take the field against the Chargers on Monday. The Broncos own a 4-3 record on the date, having appeared in five regular-season games (3-2) and two playoff contests (1-1). on Dec. 24. Denver also has won its last three games played on Christmas Eve.

SR
12-24-2007, 12:37 PM
TXBRONC usually starts a gameday thread and it totally slipped my mind that there wasn't one for today. I was online at midnight for all time zones, so I should have started one. Damnit to hell.

Bronco9798
12-24-2007, 12:37 PM
Game day Baby!!!!

claymore
12-24-2007, 12:38 PM
It is impossible for us to lose today...........

Bronco9798
12-24-2007, 12:38 PM
A game with no real meaning, but it's the Broncos!!!

BroncoJoe
12-24-2007, 12:39 PM
Nice to see a real game thread again!

Go Broncos - I'm going to watch it at my in-laws tonight. I hope they have plenty of Coors Light...

slim
12-24-2007, 12:42 PM
Lets go baby...time to bring the pain. Nothing would be sweeter than seeing ferriman and rivers in tears tonight.

BroncoJoe
12-24-2007, 12:42 PM
Lets go baby...time to bring the pain. Nothing would be sweeter than seeing ferriman and rivers in tears tonight.

:salute:

____

Bronco9798
12-24-2007, 12:43 PM
Rivers is a little ***** and I think HGH man is out tonight.

BroncoJoe
12-24-2007, 12:44 PM
I want to see the young guys tear them apart tonight. Let 'um loose, Shanny!

slim
12-24-2007, 12:44 PM
Rivers is a little ***** and I think HGH man is out tonight.

Good, I don't think I could stomach watching his gay dance again.

Bronco9798
12-24-2007, 12:45 PM
See what kind of Scheme Bates deploys tonight. I'm sure it will be hard to watch. LT will probably have a career night.

Medford Bronco
12-24-2007, 01:27 PM
I am the least homer of the bunch

I do not see a win vs a team that is better than us this year
and creamed us 41-3 in Denver.

sorry, just honest.

SD 34 Den 17

Bronco9798
12-24-2007, 01:28 PM
Yeah, I agree. I see LT running all over the Bates great scheme and making us look like fools again. This could be a long night. I hope we win and play good football. I just dont see it tonight.

BeefStew25
12-24-2007, 01:40 PM
Well, I know our defense is going to suck. I jst want our offense to play well. We lose 47-46.

claymore
12-24-2007, 01:54 PM
Well, I know our defense is going to suck. I jst want our offense to play well. We lose 47-46.
If we cant protect Cutler, I say sit him.......... He is the future IMO, I dont care if ramsey gets broke.......

Bronco9798
12-24-2007, 01:55 PM
Cutler wont be sitting. He needs all the reps he can get. If that was the case, he would sit all 16 games. Actually,the Oline has held up at times. It's the inconsistencies of the entire team that has been a failure.

claymore
12-24-2007, 01:57 PM
Cutler wont be sitting. He needs all the reps he can get. If that was the case, he would sit all 16 games. Actually,the Oline has held up at times. It's the inconsistencies of the entire team that has been a failure.

I am excited about that kid. If the old lady didnt get me a Cutler Jersey for my B-Day, there is going to be some chuck norris style domestic violence tonight.

Bronco9798
12-24-2007, 01:58 PM
Just slap her like Beef does his wife during a game. It's all good.

claymore
12-24-2007, 02:00 PM
Just slap her like Beef does his wife during a game. It's all good.

LOL, She might get kicked in the utaris. (SP)?

Fan in Exile
12-24-2007, 02:30 PM
Wow domestic violence is never funny.

MHCBill
12-24-2007, 02:32 PM
Go Broncos.

Really whatever way it turns out I'll be okay.

Worst case scenario... embarassing loss.

Bronco9798
12-24-2007, 02:32 PM
of course it isn't and nobody is really going to do any. It's all good.

SR
12-24-2007, 02:36 PM
See what kind of Scheme Bates deploys tonight. I'm sure it will be hard to watch. LT will probably have a career night.

Well, the last time a running back had a career night was when Corey Dillon set the single game rushing record against us a few years back. Lets hope, for pride's sake, we can try and pull a fast one on the Bolts tonight.

Y'all from Broncosfreak have taken over our board. Pretty funny.

BeefStew25
12-24-2007, 02:41 PM
Wow domestic violence is never funny.

It is when used as a good luck charm.

Skinny
12-24-2007, 02:55 PM
Well, the last time a running back had a career night was when Corey Dillon set the single game rushing record against us a few years back.That record belongs to Adrian Peterson now. He put up 296 yards on sandy eggo earlier this year to break Dillion's record.

lol, as bad as our run Defense has been ... it has'nt been that bad! :beer:

By chance LT breaks that record tonight ... i'ma need a new monitor for christmas ... for real!

Italianmobstr7
12-24-2007, 02:58 PM
I really hope that Denver can compete in this game. I can take a loss, but if we get blown out again, I think I'm going to be sick. We did a good job of stopping LT last time we played the Chargers. It was Michael Turner that we couldn't stop.

Broncoschic7
12-24-2007, 03:05 PM
Nice to see a real game thread again!
Go Broncos - I'm going to watch it at my in-laws tonight. I hope they have plenty of Coors Light...

I logged on and saw 9'nrs Game Day Thread and ,,,,BroncoJoe you hit the nail on the head,,,It was only a week ago were getting beat by Houston, yet all still huddled together on the freak. Then the news it was closing it's doors. I was sad... I enjoy talking to you guys and reading the endeless football threads, posts, oppinions, news, and yes the lounge. Now only one week later everyone seems to have found a new home on this site. The members here have been gracious with warm welcomes and its Monday night Christmas Eve, the Broncos are playing,,,and were all back together again !!! How sweet is that ?? !!!! I'm excited for the game and just one last thing to say,,,,,,GO BRONCOS !!!!!!!

SR
12-24-2007, 03:08 PM
That record belongs to Adrian Peterson now. He put up 296 yards on sandy eggo earlier this year to break Dillion's record.

lol, as bad as our run Defense has been ... it has'nt been that bad! :beer:

By chance LT breaks that record tonight ... i'ma need a new monitor for christmas ... for real!

Yeah I'm aware, but Dillon set the record against us and it was a record until Peterson (who is a damn stud and a half) broke it. Thank goodness too because I sure was tired of that black cloud hanging over our head.

SR
12-24-2007, 03:10 PM
I logged on and saw 9'nrs Game Day Thread and ,,,,BroncoJoe you hit the nail on the head,,,It was only a week ago were getting beat by Houston, yet all still huddled together on the freak. Then the news it was closing it's doors. I was sad... I enjoy talking to you guys and reading the endeless football threads, posts, oppinions, news, and yes the lounge. Now only one week later everyone seems to have found a new home on this site. The members here have been gracious with warm welcomes and its Monday night Christmas Eve, the Broncos are playing,,,and were all back together again !!! How sweet is that ?? !!!! I'm excited for the game and just one last thing to say,,,,,,GO BRONCOS !!!!!!!

You guys brough a new element to our little family here and I'm lovin it. McLovin it in fact.

I'm 8,000 miles from home right now, so being a part of these threads on game day really, really enhance my game watching experience. Granted, I have to wake up at 0400 in the morning here to watch the game live, it still makes it that much better.

SR
12-24-2007, 03:37 PM
I'm off to bed for 4 hours when I'll wake up to watch the game. I'll talk to you crazy people around game time.

NorthernLights
12-24-2007, 04:05 PM
Well, I guess I'm going to have to get acquainted with a whole new group of guys and gals that will rip me apart, but it's all fun.

I'm looking forward to the game tonight. I truly believe the Broncos will be playing well tonight and I expect a good game. Cutler and Marshall are quite good and will give my Bolts all they can handle.

I'm hoping my Bolts don't listen to the hype before the game either. All the knuckleheads at ESPN are saying they are peaking at the right time and I say phooey. Any team can be beat at any time. Once they start thinking they are better than another team, that is when they get whacked.

I hoping for a competitive game with no injuries on either side. Play hard, play fair and enjoy the game. I look forward to many good discussions, and good natured smack in the future. Good luck and take care.

NL

Bronco9798
12-24-2007, 04:06 PM
One word for the Chargers playoff run: Norv.

One and out this year.

Zweems56
12-24-2007, 04:36 PM
WOOH! GAME NIGHT! Doing christmas at 7:30 pm eastern. Hopefully it'll be done by the start. If not then I'm bailing and watching the damn game!

claymore
12-24-2007, 04:45 PM
Well, I guess I'm going to have to get acquainted with a whole new group of guys and gals that will rip me apart, but it's all fun.

I'm looking forward to the game tonight. I truly believe the Broncos will be playing well tonight and I expect a good game. Cutler and Marshall are quite good and will give my Bolts all they can handle.

I'm hoping my Bolts don't listen to the hype before the game either. All the knuckleheads at ESPN are saying they are peaking at the right time and I say phooey. Any team can be beat at any time. Once they start thinking they are better than another team, that is when they get whacked.

I hoping for a competitive game with no injuries on either side. Play hard, play fair and enjoy the game. I look forward to many good discussions, and good natured smack in the future. Good luck and take care.

NL

Glad you made the transition...... Your my favorite Charger.............

NightTrainLayne
12-24-2007, 04:55 PM
We have one great thing going for us. . .Shanny has had 10 days to get everyone ready. Shanny's record after bye weeks is great. I hope that the extra preparation time (almost 2 weeks) gives Shanny an edge.

I still think we lose. Just can't picture how we get it done, but I'm hoping for a competitive game, and to watch our youngsters get some reps in.

Broncos Mtnman
12-24-2007, 05:03 PM
How about a sticky?

Now it's at the top of the boards.

I think the Bolts come out flat because there's nothing in it for either team. I don't know if we win, but I think it will be a better game than the first meeting.

NorthernLights
12-24-2007, 05:34 PM
Glad you made the transition...... Your my favorite Charger.............

I had to figure out that whole "register" thing again. Once I crossed that barrier, it's all good. I just talked to my sister and she is heading to the game. She puzzles me because we grew up in San Diego and she still lives there, but she ended up being a Bronco fan. I have asked for a DNA check because something doesn't add up. I think she became smitten with Elway and never looked back.

(Note to self-check with parents about history of mental health problems.)

Bronco9798
12-24-2007, 05:45 PM
Salisbury the puke (ESPN) just predicted a 34-16 Chargers win.

Stand Ablaze
12-24-2007, 05:46 PM

Yeah and he said we can't stop NOBODY! We at least stopped the Chiefs, did we not? :lol:

NorthernLights
12-24-2007, 05:48 PM

He grew up in the San Diego area but has been pretty harsh on the Bolts in the past. Latent homerism is showing, methinks.

Tned
12-24-2007, 05:59 PM
Hey guys, my Christmas dinner (my family does it on the eve) is being served around kickoff, so I am not sure if I will even watch the game live, but probably won't be able to post other than a sec here or there between dinner/dessert/presents and stuff.

:beer: to a good, injury free game where we kick the San Diego's butt.

Not too mention Cutler having a HUGE day, because I am in danger of getting knocked out of the first round of my FFL money league. :mad:

Bronco9798
12-24-2007, 06:00 PM
I had my wife move our Christmas eve dinner up. She had it planned to close to kick off for me.

Escobar
12-24-2007, 06:00 PM
broncos win

Zweems56
12-24-2007, 06:10 PM
I had my wife move our Christmas eve dinner up. She had it planned to close to kick off for me.

HA! I'm having actual christmas gift unwrapping and stuff soon, so hopefully it ends before the game. If not then I'm bailing.

MOtorboat
12-24-2007, 06:17 PM
I thought having the day off would be great...

But, this sucks...it feels like forever, even though the game is starting 30 minutes earlier than usual...

I even flew back from Colorado to Missouri today...and I'm still just waiting and waiting and waiting...

Here's to Monday Nights when I can work until 5, 5:30 and only have an hour to wait...

Bronco4ever
12-24-2007, 06:40 PM
Man about a buck 20 til the game starts. I can't wait any longer! I'd love to get a win tonight for a Christmas present.

MOtorboat
12-24-2007, 06:40 PM
Beer No. 1.

Watchthemiddle
12-24-2007, 06:43 PM
Man about a buck 20 til the game starts. I can't wait any longer! I'd love to get a win tonight for a Christmas present.

I want to knock SD down a notch. Even though they won the division, if they could go into the playoffs at 9-7 or 10-6 with a losing streak, that would be hilarious.

I also want them to get the 4th seed and have to play Jax in the first round.:laugh:

Watchthemiddle
12-24-2007, 06:43 PM
Beer No. 1.

Get another ready for me. I am working until 230 am. :beer:

Bronco9798
12-24-2007, 06:48 PM
Stokley out again tonight. JW starting tonight. Gold out too, but who cares. Winborne starts in Golds place tonight.

MOtorboat
12-24-2007, 06:49 PM
Stokley out again tonight. JW starting tonight. Gold out too, but who cares. Winborne starts in Golds place tonight.

I really would like to see what Winborn can do starting the game, and I hope JW is ok.

I really just want to see them play hard tonight...that really is all. Give me something to cheer for, for a few hours.

MOtorboat
12-24-2007, 06:59 PM
Get another ready for me. I am working until 230 am. :beer:

Beer No. 2.

That second one went down a little too smooth.

MOtorboat
12-24-2007, 07:09 PM
The new NFL.com Fantasy Football Commercial is hilarious!

Retired_Member_001
12-24-2007, 07:24 PM
This game is pretty much pointless at it will have no effect on either teams playoff race.

Hopefully the team has a good performance and gives San Diego something to worry about for next year.

We have to enjoy these last two games. :beer:

BroncoAV06
12-24-2007, 07:34 PM
This game is pretty much pointless at it will have no effect on either teams playoff race.

Hopefully the team has a good performance and gives San Diego something to worry about for next year.

We have to enjoy these last two games. :beer:

Herehere! I second that motion, enjoy the last 2 games. We all know the problems so it is pretty much pointless to dive to far into these last 2 games.

I just want kickoff to get here so I can get away from the company that is over!

BeefStew25
12-24-2007, 07:37 PM
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/UAL9902

Looked like a good flight yesterday.

SarahKay
12-24-2007, 07:41 PM
Lets go Broncos!!!

Is Stokley's injury something to be worried about?

BeefStew25
12-24-2007, 07:42 PM
Lets go Broncos!!!

Maybe for the first round of the playoffs....:cool:

SarahKay
12-24-2007, 07:43 PM
HAHA. Wishing that were true.

Bronco9798
12-24-2007, 07:43 PM
Lets go Broncos!!!

Sarah!!! See you made it.

SarahKay
12-24-2007, 07:44 PM
YES SIR!

Thanks 4 letting me know!

BeefStew25
12-24-2007, 07:54 PM
Why do I keep wanting Philip Rivers leg to fall off?

Retired_Member_001
12-24-2007, 07:55 PM

Because he is probably the gayest straight man ever alive, if you take Tom Brady out of the picture. ;)

slim
12-24-2007, 07:57 PM
Alright, I'm ready for some football.

Elway Jersey - check
Nachos - check
Bud Light - check

Watchthemiddle
12-24-2007, 07:58 PM

So they only beat us by 24 this time...??? :confused:

slim
12-24-2007, 07:58 PM
Because he is probably the gayest straight man ever alive, if you take Tom Brady out of the picture. ;)

Yes sir, I think it is a toss-up. Although I think Brady uses the whole super model thing as a cover. I'm pretty sure he likes dudes.

MOtorboat
12-24-2007, 08:00 PM
Let's Rock and Roll.

What up slim?

Bronco9798
12-24-2007, 08:01 PM
GAME TIME PEOPLE!!!! Oh yeah...Some Broncos FOOTBALL BABY!!!!!

Retired_Member_001
12-24-2007, 08:01 PM
Yes sir, I think it is a toss-up. Although I think Brady uses the whole super model thing as a cover. I'm pretty sure he likes dudes.

:laugh:

He seems to get abit too close to Moss when he scores a touchdown in my opinion.

BroncoAV06
12-24-2007, 08:02 PM
Yes Game Time! Get away from company!

Looking for a strong game, don't want to expect anything, just want to watch some football!

Bronco9798
Yes Game Time! Get away from company!

Looking for a strong game, don't want to expect anything, just want to watch some football!

Totally Agree!!!!

Retired_Member_001
GO Broncos, try not to do us shame, try and make us proud!

I wont be posting in the thread through gametime, I'll catch up tommorow.

Enjoy the game!

Watchthemiddle
12-24-2007, 08:03 PM
Just in case someone doesn't have ESPN or Denver Channel 4, you can find the game at www.channelsurfing.net ... :beer:

girler
12-24-2007, 08:03 PM
Aww man in all the excitement I forgot about the ESPN announcers. Are we allowed to complain about them in this thread?

SR
12-24-2007, 08:04 PM
Alright ladies and jerks, I'm awake.

MOtorboat
12-24-2007, 08:05 PM
Aww man in all the excitement I forgot about the ESPN announcers. Are we allowed to complain about them in this thread?

NO.

****. Put the mute button on. TIA

<sarcasm button here>

girler
12-24-2007, 08:07 PM
NO.

****. Put the mute button on. TIA

<sarcasm button here>

So that means yes? :D

slim
12-24-2007, 08:07 PM
Let's Rock and Roll.

What up slim?

MB, you made it. Welcome aboard. How is everything in CO?

Psychotron
12-24-2007, 08:08 PM
Hannah Montana??? Just get to the game already! GO BRONCOS!

MOtorboat

Now, if you want to complain about Hannah Montana...be my guest.

Give me my darn football...I don't want to see this crap coming up!

haroldthebarrel
Broncos | Week 16 Inactives
Mon, 24 Dec 2007 16:07:29 -0800

The Denver Broncos have declared WR Brandon Stokley, QB Darrell Hackney, LB Ian Gold, OG Isaac Snell, DL Larry Birdine, FB Mike Bell, DL Paul Carrington, WR Taylor Jacobs inactive for Week 16.

I hope Harris plays a lot. Will be interesting to see him.

MOtorboat
MB, you made it. Welcome aboard. How is everything in CO?

LOL, I'm already back in MO...

But Colorado was nice. I got sick on Friday...stupid airplanes, but after that I enjoyed myself.

BroncoAV06
12-24-2007, 08:11 PM
Offense on the field first.

SR
Am I on the right message board? Good lord!

Good return by our resident Mexican!

BroncoAV06
Best return all year, Broncos start at own 47!

Bronco9798
Martinez has no speed or he could break a few long ones.

slim
Nice return by Martinez

slim
12-24-2007, 08:12 PM
So, is ferriman out? I really don't think I can stomach watching his gay dance tonight.

Bronco9798
Nice run by Selvin. I think he has a future in Denver.

SR
Martinez has no speed or he could break a few long ones.

His punt return for a TD sure was nice though.

Bronco9798
12-24-2007, 08:13 PM
SHEFF!!!! Yes!!

SR
Scheff got plowed. Nice throw and catch though.

MOtorboat
Let's go score!

girler
12-24-2007, 08:14 PM
Selvin I ain't too Young. :laugh:

Bronco9798
Red Zone,,,here we go...

SR
SD is covering Marshall with a linebacker? Uh ohz.

MOtorboat
Red Zone,,,here we go...

Two ugly plays already. Come on Broncs.

Shaun Phillips can shut his yap!

slim
12-24-2007, 08:15 PM
Crap.......

MOtorboat
Not good.

Slim...you up for another beer?

SR
Red Zone,,,here we go...

Or more like "Get Elam ready for a FG"....or "Cutler got sacked and fubmled"

girler
awww **** ****

BroncoAV06
Great way to finish off a drive with good field position.

Bronco9798
Another red zone disaster... What's new.....

sneakers
12-24-2007, 08:16 PM
awww **** ****

That play sums up our season.

Bronco9798
12-24-2007, 08:16 PM
Red zone disaster strikes again and here we are in week 16. We cant learn a damn thing.

slim
12-24-2007, 08:17 PM
Not good.

Slim...you up for another beer?

Do you even need to ask? :beer:

Bronco9798
12-24-2007, 08:18 PM
Nice cushion there CHamp....

MOtorboat
12-24-2007, 08:18 PM
Do you even need to ask? :beer:

No, not really...

SR
12-24-2007, 08:19 PM
I want beer.

slim
12-24-2007, 08:19 PM
No, not really...

This round is on me.

Bronco9798
12-24-2007, 08:20 PM
Gotta love that run D...Good grief....

Psychotron
Damn, no pressure or run d....ugh...

girler
Oh this is ugly.

slim
Well, at least our run D still sucks.

SR
Abdullah has a bit of a problem with over-pursuit...did it a couple times last week too.

slim
12-24-2007, 08:21 PM
I wonder how much shower time Nick and Phil got this week?

Bronco9798
Lynch takes his helmet off LMFAO!!!

SR
Lynch just PLASTERED LT. :eek:

MOtorboat
12-24-2007, 08:22 PM
Well, that's pretty weak.

slim
Good Lord...WTF Lynch?

BroncoAV06
Chargers crying about Lynch lighting up LT and they throw a flag for the helmet toss.

Psychotron
Damn Lynch...way to show passion AFTER the whistle...sheesh...

Bronco9798
That was a 15 yarder but I loved it.

BeefStew25
Well, at least Lynch is fired up.

MOtorboat
Chargers are a bunch of pansies.

It's the F'n AFC West Jaworski.

KS Bronco
he got JACKED UP

BeefStew25
12-24-2007, 08:23 PM
Damn Lynch...way to show passion AFTER the whistle...sheesh...

I didn't mind the play. Good pop.

SR
That was a 15 yarder but I loved it.

I concur.

Winborn has impressed me between that tackle and last week.

Bronco9798
Webster snuffed on that one..Geez..

girler
I'm showing the proper Christmas Spirit by yelling "Tear his head off again!!!"

BeefStew25
Winborn pursuing. Nice play....

MOtorboat
12-24-2007, 08:24 PM
Good tackle by Bly.

BroncoAV06
Dry Bly made a tackle!!! AHHH on LT!

Bronco9798
Bly with a nice open field tackle..Good job..

Watchthemiddle
Bly actually made a tackle. :cool:

SR
Dre Bly just made an open field tackle on a running back? Wierd.

slim
Wow, Bly with an open field tackle on LT. Did that really happen?

girler
12-24-2007, 08:25 PM
Held em to 3.

Bronco9798
12-24-2007, 08:25 PM
Wow, Bly with an open field tackle on LT. Did that really happen?

No, it was your beer...:beer:

BroncoAV06
12-24-2007, 08:26 PM
Held them to a FG.

Jay has 17 fumbles in 20 games.

Some passion from the vet on D, lets see how long they bring it.

Psychotron
I didn't mind the play. Good pop.

Sorry I disagree...if those things ever lead to anything positive on the team that would be fine...instead it was just 15 yards closer to scoring...show passion during the game...not after the whistle blows when all you can do is hurt your team.

Watchthemiddle

If that was the beer, then keep it flowing. Maybe the team will play better with a buzz..:beer:

slim

LOL...I was afraid of that. Of course, I have only had two. :beer:

Bronco9798
12-24-2007, 08:27 PM
Sorry I disagree...if those things ever lead to anything positive on the team that would be fine...instead it was just 15 yards closer to scoring...show passion during the game...not after the whistle blows when all you can do is hurt your team.

We're 6-8....If the game meant anything, I would agree.

yardog
He did I even seen him take on the FB head up a few plays back. Wierd huh.

SR
Times two.

Psychotron
12-24-2007, 08:28 PM

I suppose...however 8-8 is still possible. Regardless...at least they kept them to a FG...

Watchthemiddle
12-24-2007, 08:28 PM
Don't tell me Cutler has that slumped shoulder defeated look already??? :tsk:

I am not a big fan of his body language.

BeefStew25
12-24-2007, 08:29 PM

Bah. Our defense has been kicked in the teeth all year. A little emotion can't hurt.

SR
Don't tell me Cutler has that slumped shoulder defeated look already??? :tsk:

I am not a big fan of his body language.
He always has that look. It's just his demeanor.

Watchthemiddle
Bah. Our defense has been kicked in the teeth all year. A little emotion can't hurt.

Especially by a leader/veteran on the team that can show these young guys what its all about.

Watchthemiddle
12-24-2007, 08:30 PM
He always has that look. It's just his demeanor.

Maybe thats why our team and offense plays so lacksidaysickle ( sp?) all the time.

slim
12-24-2007, 08:30 PM
Draft position be damned...I want a win tonight.

MOtorboat
12-24-2007, 08:31 PM
Give me a darn bootleg.

BeefStew25
I wonder how much Merriman's nuts have shrunk.

Bronco9798
WE can't do anything right...

MOtorboat
What was that crap?

Personal foul?!?! Good lord.

BroncoAV06
12-24-2007, 08:32 PM
That play makes no sense to the short side of the field, face mask.......

MOtorboat
12-24-2007, 08:32 PM
I say Scheff does a little crack back on old Merripansy.

SR
12-24-2007, 08:33 PM
Maybe thats why our team and offense plays so lacksidaysickle ( sp?) all the time.

I highly doubt that has anything to do with it.

Nothing like running the ball on 2nd and 26...:tsk:

Bronco9798
lets get to 3 and long so the Charegrs can blitz..

Psychotron
Ugh, that was ugly...

SR
No protection...amazing.

Bronco9798
what a stupid ******* play there..Good grief..this play calling is horrendous.

MOtorboat
Well, that was terrible. Is there anything else on TV tonight, because apparently Heimerdinger decided to pack it in too.

Watchthemiddle
12-24-2007, 08:34 PM
Is it me or does it seem like SD has 15 guys on the field to our 11?
Do we have any speed at all?

SR
Lol! Nice Punt!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MOtorboat
So, we cut Sauerbrun for that?

Great!

Psychotron
nice punt!

BroncoAV06
Wow, Ernster.....

KS Bronco
nice punt!!

Bronco9798
Nice kick Paul...16 weeks of the same old stupid football.

Watchthemiddle
We might as well have Elam pooch kick it every time..that or go for it.

That was a horendous series.

yardog
12-24-2007, 08:35 PM
Beef WTH was that Sh**? Tll your boy that wont cut it here.

BeefStew25
12-24-2007, 08:35 PM
Dirk Johnson is a free agent. We need to sign him ASAP. Ernster blows.

BeefStew25
12-24-2007, 08:36 PM
Beef WTH was that Sh**? Tll your boy that wont cut it here.

Paul's mother and I think he is under a good amount of stress.

Bronco9798
I guess Bronco Nation couldnt get enough people on line to get a game thread going.

Watchthemiddle
:mad:So Shanny threatened the players that if they don't play to win or play hard then they won't be on the team next year.

Does that go for play calling also?:mad:

slim
Dirk Johnson is a free agent. We need to sign him ASAP. Ernster blows.

That's no way to talk about your own kid. I suppose you smacked him the head when he spilled his milk. smh.

Nomad
12-24-2007, 08:37 PM
Merry Christmas All! I figured i sneak in here. So much for cutting Saurbran and I guess so much for the pride and "keeping your job speech", the BRONCOS are sucking for air, except for the Lynch hit

wangtangkiki
zambini's idea to keep Paul is working GREAT /SARCASM

prove him right paul..

MOtorboat
Third and long.

This should be a big gain.

BeefStew25
That's no way to talk about your own kid. I suppose you smacked him the head when he spilled his milk. smh.

Paul sometimes does not focus. We have addressed this with him.

Bronco9798
12-24-2007, 08:38 PM
another 3rd down conversion by somebody on us.

Watchthemiddle
Wow, Bly beat again.

MOtorboat
What a surprise. Absolute break down in coverage.

Now...if my dad blames THAT on Bly I'm going to jump down his throat.

Psychotron
Very nice Bly! Very nice! Here is another $1 million! Enjoy!

SR
That's the story of the year right there....third and way long and we can't play defense good enough to save an innocent baby kitten's life.

MOtorboat
12-24-2007, 08:39 PM
Very nice Bly! Very nice! Here is another $1 million! Enjoy!

Wasn't his coverage.

Watchthemiddle
12-24-2007, 08:39 PM
That's the story of the year right there....third and way long and we can't play defense good enough to save an innocent baby kitten's life.

Most teams get after the QB big time in those situations...but not us. :mad:

Watchthemiddle
12-24-2007, 08:40 PM
Do we ever bring the house anymore and just blitz??

SR
We're good!!!!!!!

slim
Well, I just threw-up a little in my mouth.

Bronco9798
12-24-2007, 08:41 PM
Pick your pants up Foxy!

Psychotron
Thank you Broncos for that wrapped turn with the nice big red bow...

Nomad
LT's full of BS.

Bronco4ever
That could be the end of us right there. My God.

Watchthemiddle
Getting owned by Norv again.

MOtorboat
LT's full of BS.

Against us he's full of TD.

tubby
Ernster sucks

Nomad
12-24-2007, 08:42 PM
Against us he's full of TD.

He'll have alot of that tonight:laugh:

yardog
12-24-2007, 08:43 PM
Well, I just threw-up a little in my mouth.

Weekly feeling here.

Bronco9798
12-24-2007, 08:43 PM
Lets see if Cutler can get something going here..Open the ******* thing up Shanny....

BroncoAV06
12-24-2007, 08:44 PM
Kick returns have been solid tonight. I don't drink but would love something to drink tonight!

BeefStew25
Okay, lets get some sort of drive here. ANYTHING.

slim
Alright, let's put a drive together here.

Bronco9798
Can we pass the ball once on 1st down tonight...

SR
I'm not feeling the whole gameday thread today guys. I'm just gonna lay in my bed and watch the game while I drop lots of f-bombs and drink my Dr Pepper. Merry Christmas everyone.

Bronco4ever
12-24-2007, 08:45 PM
Our line is pitiful

BroncoAV06
You caught to check the blitz Jay.

Psychotron
Nice block Henry! Beautiful.

slim
Henry just got ***** splapped.

Bronco9798
wow...that was bad..

Nomad
I guess no offsides tonight for the Dolts

BroncoAV06
12-24-2007, 08:46 PM
1st down!

Take it easy SR, Happy Hollidays!

haroldthebarrel
12-24-2007, 08:46 PM
ffs this game seem its over quickly. Now it is only watching the young guns left that has any merit.
Lol, and I thought we were an easy 11 win team this year.

fcspikeit
12-24-2007, 08:48 PM
It just never ends. I wonder if our D-line gets embarrassed watching the film of themselves getting manhandled?

Why does Webster always go after the blocked instead of the runner? Watch him, it looks as if he could hit LT but instead he always go's after the lead blocker.

I know he should take the blocker out but if he has a shot to get the runner he should take it.

yardog
12-24-2007, 08:48 PM
Henry just got ***** splapped.

Double Salute for you Slim.

Bronco4ever
12-24-2007, 08:49 PM
Yep our line sucks.

Watchthemiddle
12-24-2007, 08:50 PM
See how they go after the QB on third and long.....That must be nice.

slim
He was double-teamed and he still got the sack...smh.

KS Bronco
better ernster

BeefStew25
Ok, we need to trade down. We need depth. Our line sucks.

tubby
much better Paul

Psychotron
12-24-2007, 08:51 PM
Get ready for 99 TD drive by the Chargers....unless of course...Lynch shows some "emotion"...

BroncoAV06
Thats a good punt!

O-line is right up there with DT in the way this team has performed this year. Amazing what injuries make a team look like.

girler
I just got a smack talk email from a freaky SD fan. This SO sucks.

Watchthemiddle
Get ready for 99 TD drive by the Chargers....unless of course...Lynch shows some "emotion"...

:laugh:...I would rep you with a :salute:,but have to wait 24 hours

slim
12-24-2007, 08:52 PM
Ok, we need to trade down. We need depth. Our line sucks.

I really hope they address the OL via free agency or trade.

Nomad
12-24-2007, 08:52 PM
:mad:I knew Denver would get throttled tonight but i never guessed they'd give up this easy.

Requiem / The Dagda
12-24-2007, 08:53 PM
But, but, but. . . all the line needs is time to mesh. Erik Pears sucks.

claymore
12-24-2007, 08:54 PM
Lets go Broncos................. Show some frekin heartt...........................................

Bronco9798
Really nice play by Champ there.

girler
Go Champ!!!

Watchthemiddle
12-24-2007, 08:55 PM
Best play all night right there .. :salute:

slim
Champ shoulda had it...dam

Bronco4ever
Look at their lines compared to our lines. Night and Day. Rivers had all day to throw.

Bronco9798
3rd down again,,,how embarrassing.

Watchthemiddle
Sure why not, why wouldn't they go 3 and out!!

slim
3rd and ten and they run for a first down? WTF?

BroncoAV06
No one stays home on the edge. You would think a Broncos team would be coached to stay home when the play is going away from you.

Bronco9798
good grief guys...stop a 3rd..

topscribe
12-24-2007, 08:57 PM
First down running. :mad:

-----

Watchthemiddle
No one stays home on the edge. You would think a Broncos team would be coached to stay home when the play is going away from you.

We haven't stayed home all year.

slim
**** me...I wish I had a dog I could kick.

Bronco4ever
12-24-2007, 08:58 PM
Beef needs to beat his wife. That's our good luck charm.

BroncoAV06
We haven't stayed home all year.

I know it blows the mind!

Psychotron
That is funny....him saying "You are not supposed to to do that to Champ Bailey" Yeah...uh...sure...