PDA

View Full Version : Story out of San Diego says we should be 3-2

broncofaninfla
10-13-2009, 02:21 PM
The Denver Broncos should not be undefeated.

The Broncos’ first win was a fluke. What should have been an incomplete pass was tipped to Brandon Stokley for the game-winning score in Cincinnati.

Read the rest here: http://www.examiner.com/x-7530-San-Diego-Sports-Examiner~y2009m10d12-Denver-Broncos-are-for-real-and-that-spells-trouble-for-San-Diego-Chargers

GEM
10-13-2009, 02:35 PM
Even the media out there is top notch at excuses. I wonder where the fans pick it up. :rolleyes:

frauschieze
10-13-2009, 02:38 PM
So if

Denver should be 3-2.

because

The Broncos’ first win was a fluke.

and they

stole one from the not-so-dominant Patriots.

how can this statement

Denver has been turning heads with quality wins against the Cowboys and Patriots.

be true as well?

Stupid idiotic Sparklers beat writer. You cannot say that a win was stolen then say it was quality. :throwrock:

NightTrainLayne
10-13-2009, 02:38 PM
A win against Denver next Monday and the season’s course may be saved.

A loss and the season might already be over.

“We understand it,” tight end Antonio Gates told the UT. “We're 2-2, and they're 5-0. It's a do-or-die game. We all know that.”

The Chargers are going to throw absolutely everything they have at us. We better be on top of our game, and ready.

broncofaninfla
10-13-2009, 02:39 PM
The Chargers are going to throw absolutely everything they have at us. We better be on top of our game, and ready.

Like us, they seem to finish strong as well.

LRtagger
10-13-2009, 02:54 PM
I could see a justification for a 4-1 record, but I don't see how we should be 3-2.

If they want to go that route, the Chargers should be 1-3 because the Raiders gave them that opener.

Not only that but their win over the Dolphins could also be considered a fluke since Pennington got injured during the game.

TXBRONC
10-13-2009, 02:56 PM

No doubt Denver will have to play as close to error free football as they can if they want to beat the Chargers. I think Denver has the talent to beat the Chargers it just a matter of cleaning up the mistakes.

camdisco24
10-13-2009, 03:49 PM
I dont understand how the Patriots game can be a considered at "steal". We played better in the second half, got ourselves in a winning position and finished it off during overtime. I call that a quality win. Oh well, articles like this just make me want to destroy the Chargers this week. I hope the team comes out blazing Monday; on BOTH sides of the ball.

LTC Pain
10-13-2009, 04:03 PM
Grandpa would say "screw the Chargers and the horse they road in on. I don't care what they think"!!! I

topscribe
10-13-2009, 04:06 PM
I dont understand how the Patriots game can be a considered at "steel". We played better in the second half, got ourselves in a winning position and finished it off during overtime. I call that a quality win. Oh well, articles like this just make me want to destroy the Chargers this week. I hope the team comes out blazing Monday; on BOTH sides of the ball.

As NTL mentioned, we had better . . . :nod:

-----

Poet
10-13-2009, 04:09 PM
So if

because

and they

how can this statement

be true as well?

Stupid idiotic Sparklers beat writer. You cannot say that a win was stolen then say it was quality. :throwrock:
I normally defend a lot of the sportswriters. This article was...well hell I probably could have done better.

Nomad
10-13-2009, 04:12 PM
BRONCOS have to go to QualComm and prove these writers wrong! Simple as that!!

BRONCOS have won each game fair and square. I don't see why people call tipped balls caught...'luck'. It's paying attention to detail on the field and a good football player knows how to react! IMO, alot of teams don't practice tip drills enough!!

milehigh
10-13-2009, 04:39 PM
I'm sorry I don't buy into the "the Broncos had no business winning the Bengal game." We shut down a very potent Bengal offense for 59 minutes and the Bengals safeties made a very critical error in never allowing any receiver to be deeper than you. Yes it was a nice bounce but Roy Williams should know better he got greedy and tried to get the big hit instead of doing his job and staying deep.

Poet
10-13-2009, 04:41 PM
I'm sorry I don't buy into the "the Broncos had no business winning the Bengal game." We shut down a very potent Bengal offense for 59 minutes and the Bengals safeties made a very critical error in never allowing any receiver to be deeper than you. Yes it was a nice bounce but Roy Williams should know better he got greedy and tried to get the big hit instead of doing his job and staying deep.

The Bengals offense isn't potent but it's good enough to get the job done.

The first half Cincinnati killed itself. We had huge drive killing penalities and special teams meltdowns.

You deserved to win that game. Chris Crocker left the door open and He-who-I-will-not-name-because-I-hate-him-so ran through that door and kick our tiger square in the nuts.

Bronco Warrior
10-13-2009, 04:50 PM
If Orton doesn't get a stupid sack we kick a field goal and the late TD doesn't win it. We dominate the Bengels the whole game (No offense King) I'm sick of hearing that LUCKY Shit! The Chargers have played well against soft "prevent" defense, you think Nolan will ever play prevent again after the Cinci drive for the TD? He will keep our Defense's boot on their throat, and then quote "Remember the Titan" were the D coach says "Herman run it up ! Leave no doubt"!

Northman
10-13-2009, 05:16 PM
Yet, the Chargers (before garbage time) were getting blown out of Pittsburgh and let Ray Lewis beat them all by himself. Yea, go ahead and take shots at us Doltless but at the end of the day we are 5-0 and you are 2-2. If New England and Denver isnt impressive than the Chargers are far more unimpressive as they YET again were picked to own this division and cannot run away with it like the superpower they are supposed to be. lmao

If there ever was a true case of denial this dipshit takes the cake.

sneakers
10-13-2009, 05:18 PM
I can think of 5 games in passed years in which we were screwed by fluke things....I guess things tend to balance themselves out.

Dortoh
10-13-2009, 05:26 PM
The Chargers are the best 2-2 team EVER!!!!!!!!!!!

TXBRONC
10-13-2009, 05:32 PM
The Chargers are the best 2-2 team EVER!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep.

ikillz0mbies
10-13-2009, 05:33 PM
Coming from the Examiner, I don't think that that writer is a professional. The Examiner is really just a website that as long as you have "experience". So don't really take what the articles on that website seriously. Most of the articles on there are opinion anyway and most of them covering sports don't have any inside information on the team or anything like that. And it is coming from San Diego so it probably is a Charger fan. I plan on applying to write for the Examiner as someone here emailed me about it.

dogfish
10-13-2009, 05:42 PM
:lol: :rofl: :lol:

i'm surprised that guy could get his hands off the sparklers' johnson long enough to type up that horseshit article. . . talk about sour grapes and sad justifications. . .

hey sparkler fan, reality's on line one-- it wants a word with you. . . .

Shazam!
10-13-2009, 05:43 PM
If they want to go that route, the Chargers should be 1-3 because the Raiders gave them that opener.

because

The Broncos’ first win was a fluke.

and they

stole one from the not-so-dominant Patriots.

how can this statement

Denver has been turning heads with quality wins against the Cowboys and Patriots.

be true as well?

Stupid idiotic Sparklers beat writer.

Ditto. All beat me to it.

Day1BroncoFan
10-13-2009, 07:13 PM
The word I'm getting out of sandy eggo is they're scared poopless that we're coming.

Bronco Warrior
10-13-2009, 07:27 PM
Last Year San diego was the Best 8-8 team EVER!!!!

Benetto
10-13-2009, 08:39 PM
**** San Diego, and all their fans...Every time I go to visit, I piss on their streets

TXBRONC
10-13-2009, 10:22 PM
I'm sure they'll say Denver is supposed to be 2 and 4 when we're 6 and 0.

Some Charger fans are saying things like that.

BCJ
10-14-2009, 02:56 AM
Coming from the Examiner, I don't think that that writer is a professional. The Examiner is really just a website that as long as you have "experience". So don't really take what the articles on that website seriously. Most of the articles on there are opinion anyway and most of them covering sports don't have any inside information on the team or anything like that. And it is coming from San Diego so it probably is a Charger fan. I plan on applying to write for the Examiner as someone here emailed me about it.

You are overqualified. By posting at Broncosforums, you show way too much talent and they couldnt digest your opinions over there. Now, tell them you became a Chargers fan when Rivers became the QB and then you might be qualified.

I like they put that we should be 3 and 2. First, we still have a better record than the Chargers and second, it will be sweeter for a "3 and 2" team to beat the home team on Monday Night. AJ already has problems with his team and are last in rushing. No way they break 100 on this defense.

Broncos Mtnman
10-14-2009, 03:01 PM
http://www.examiner.com/x-7530-San-D...Diego-Chargers (http://www.examiner.com/x-7530-San-Diego-Sports-Examiner~y2009m10d12-Denver-Broncos-are-for-real-and-that-spells-trouble-for-San-Diego-Chargers)

The Broncos’ first win was a fluke. What should have been an incomplete pass was tipped to Brandon Stokley for the game-winning score in Cincinnati.

Sunday, the New England Patriots had a 17-7 halftime lead, but Denver rallied behind Kyle Orton and stole one from the not-so-dominant Patriots.

Denver should be 3-2. Instead the Broncos are 5-0 and are looking to get a complete stranglehold on the AFC West next Monday night in San Diego.

The opposite can be said for the Chargers, who have been put on blast last week by the team’s head coach and general manager.

That easy road to the playoffs for the Chargers everyone was talking about at the beginning of this season? It doesn’t exist.

Oddly, the first month of this NFL’s season is looking like last year—with Denver having a commanding lead in the division and the Chargers playing catch-up.

That wasn’t supposed to happen, but Denver has been turning heads with quality wins against the Cowboys and Patriots.

And like last season, San Diego has to go through Denver to win the division.

"I see guys that believe," Broncos defensive end Vonnie Holliday told CBSsports after the game. "Nobody outside this locker room believes week in and week out that we're going to win. Everybody thinks, 'This is the week that it ends. The schedule's too tough....' All those excuses. I get tired of hearing it and I think the guys in the locker room have circled the wagons, rely on each other, believe, and go out to prove everybody wrong."

It was supposed to be the other way around. The Broncos—who have battled with the Chargers the last few years for the division—were supposed to go through San Diego.

But the Chargers have been pushed around their first four games, so much so that general manager A.J. Smith has resorted to calling out his team.

“Everything is wrong with it right now,” Smith told the Union-Tribune last week. “I'm not the least bit happy in a lot of areas. I've seen us be tough and physical to soft and bewildered.”

The feeling coming out of Chargers preseason camp was that this team was ready to be a contender. After years of disappointment in the playoffs, San Diego was set to take that final step, that final piece missing in this era’s body of work.

But now, even before the NFL has reached its midpoint, the Chargers find themselves in danger of becoming Marlon Brando’s character Terry Malloy in On the Waterfront.

If San Diego doesn’t improve its game soon, then the team will be talking in the past tense of the team’s missed opportunities. The Chargers could have been somebody—they could have been a contender.

“If this trend continues, we'll be 8-8 or worse, and certainly out of the division,” Smith told the UT. “We won't have the credentials. It's not going well for the San Diego Chargers and we'd better get our act together quickly.”

And while San Diego looks bad, the Broncos look equally as good.

Denver has a top 10 offense that’s efficient and marched 98-yards to score the game-tying touchdown against New England on Sunday. And this rebuilt defense that features eight new starters has allowed the fewest points in the NFL.

But the biggest surprise is new quarterback Kyle Orton, who was seen as a regression when compared to former starter Jay Cutler.

However, Orton has done is his part. His 1,236 passing yards puts him in the top 10 in the NFL this year. He has seven touchdowns and a has a quarterback rating better than Philip Rivers.

Orton hasn’t been dazzling, but he’s been effective, which is what Denver needs in a quarterback.

“There was a lot of doubt about me locally, but not from the coach,” Orton told SI’s Peter King after Sunday’s win over New England. “It was great to have a game like that and have the coach back me the way he did, with no reservations. That's the first time in my career that ever happened to me. I know my game. I'm not a turnover guy. Now I had a coach who knew I wasn't either.''

And now this Broncos team marches into Qualcomm Stadium next Monday with hopes of continuing its undefeated season and deflating an already depressed Chargers franchise and fan base.

The only thing helping San Diego is that it still holds its fate. A win against Denver next Monday and the season’s course may be saved.

A loss and the season might already be over.

“We understand it,” tight end Antonio Gates told the UT. “We're 2-2, and they're 5-0. It's a do-or-die game. We all know that.”

I have already notified the mods, but you should know that quoting anything from Examiner.com in it's entirety like this is a violation of copyright law, and they watch this kind of thing very closely.

The only method acceptable is to post a link with nothing more than the first few lines posted.

Example:

Read the rest here: http://www.examiner.com/x-7530-San-D...Diego-Chargers

I write for Examiner in another department and this specific post was discussed today in our private discussion forum, which is the only reason I came here. I don't think Tned would appreciate being threatened with legal action for copyright infringement.

MasterShake
10-14-2009, 03:06 PM
I have already notified the mods, but you should know that quoting anything from Examiner.com in it's entirety like this is a violation of copyright law, and they watch this kind of thing very closely.

The only method acceptable is to post a link with nothing more than the first few lines posted.

Example:

Read the rest here: http://www.examiner.com/x-7530-San-D...Diego-Chargers

I write for Examiner in another department and this specific post was discussed today in our private discussion forum, which is the only reason I came here. I don't think Tned would appreciate being threatened with legal action for copyright infringement.

Changed it. Thanks for the heads up Mtnman! :salute:

GEM
10-14-2009, 03:47 PM
Could you also ask them to proof what some writers are putting out there. Some stuff is just so far gone that it's hard to just pass it by and not laugh your ass off at it.