PDA

View Full Version : Watching the NE playoff game from 05.

BaiLeY324
12-24-2007, 10:19 AM
Jesus we were nice, this really pisses me off.

2 years without Kubiak, 2 years without playoffs.

Fire Shanny.

Later.

SR
12-24-2007, 10:20 AM
Fire Shanny.

:rolleyes:...

NameUsedBefore
12-24-2007, 10:22 AM

Fire Shanny.

Later.

Team sport.

BaiLeY324
12-24-2007, 11:41 AM
Team sport.

We have the talent. We don't have the coaching.

SR
12-24-2007, 11:49 AM

silkamilkamonico
12-24-2007, 11:51 AM
No.....Please don't tell me the irrational trolls have made their way over to this place too.....

SR
12-24-2007, 11:55 AM
No.....Please don't tell me the irrational trolls have made their way over to this place too.....

Not so much, we just need to fire our entire coaching staff, then they won't be irrational.

BaiLeY324
12-24-2007, 12:19 PM
Going off of talent...

07 team:
QB = Good
RB = Average
FB = Average
WR = Elite when healthy
TE = Good
OT = Average
OG = Below Average
C = Average

DE = Good
DT = Suck
LB = Above average
CB = Elite
S = Good

K = Best
P = Good
KR = Average
PR = Average

05 team:
QB = Below average
RB = Good
FB = Good
WR = Above average
TE = Average
OT = Average
OG = Average
C = Good

DE = Suck
DT = Suck
LB = Elite
CB = Good
S = Suck

K = Best
P = Good
KR = Suck
PR = Suck

05 scheme:
Ballin'

07 scheme:
Wack

BaiLeY324
12-24-2007, 12:21 PM

I'm not being irrational. I'm being straight up.

Besides, I've been here as long as you. And I've been at Broncomania before you were even born.

SR
12-24-2007, 12:23 PM
I'm not being irrational. I'm being straight up.

Besides, I've been here as long as you. And I've been at Broncomania before you were even born.

You're like 16 years old. And you are being irrational.

MHCBill
12-24-2007, 12:32 PM
Going off of talent...

07 team:
QB = Good
RB = Average
FB = Average
WR = Elite when healthy
TE = Good
OT = Average
OG = Below Average
C = Average

DE = Good
DT = Suck
LB = Above average
CB = Elite
S = Good

K = Best
P = Good
KR = Average
PR = Average

05 team:
QB = Below average
RB = Good
FB = Good
WR = Above average
TE = Average
OT = Average
OG = Average
C = Good

DE = Suck
DT = Suck
LB = Elite
CB = Good
S = Suck

K = Best
P = Good
KR = Suck
PR = Suck

05 scheme:
Ballin'

07 scheme:
Wack
Sorry, but I disagree.

We had a very good Dline in '05 and a QB that was at least average.

Our Dline now sucks and our linebacking corps at best is average.

BroncoJoe
12-24-2007, 12:41 PM

Fire Shanny.

Later.

You and Zambini should get along just fine.

Medford Bronco
12-24-2007, 01:31 PM

not on defense we dont

you could have had Vince Lombardi and this team sucked vs the Run all season

also would Vince help out the injury factor

I think not :coffee:

AFGAHNI_BATTLE_DONKEY
12-24-2007, 02:40 PM
does kubiak coach the defense?

last time i cheaked our offense was fine.

BaiLeY324
12-24-2007, 02:52 PM
You're like 16 years old. And you are being irrational.

16, huh?

Anyways. Please elaborate on how I'm being irrational?

SR
12-24-2007, 02:58 PM
16, huh?

Anyways. Please elaborate on how I'm being irrational?

Fire the coach because our team suffered a lot of catastrophic injuries, had to try to adapt to a new way of defensive coaching, had a lot of personnel issues to include rookies, young players still trying to find their footing, among other things, and you call for the coach's head. That's irrational. And if you aren't 16, then you sure fooled the hell out of me judging by some of your posts...

BaiLeY324
12-24-2007, 03:01 PM
Sorry, but I disagree.

We had a very good Dline in '05 and a QB that was at least average.

Our Dline now sucks and our linebacking corps at best is average.

No, our defensive line was nice at the beginning of the year, but it wore down and was wack at the end of the year. See the AFC Conference Championship when we couldn't get off the field for our lives on third down because we got absolutely no pressure. The only way we would get pressure that year is if we brought on at least a 2 man blitz. We were always running Lynch off the edge in 05'. Warren was the only legit player on that line, and then we gave him the money he deserved, and a year later we trade him away, typical Shanny.

Jake played exceptionally well in 05'. However, the scheme is what made him that year. And it was Kubiak's offense. And notice that I said going off of talent, not off of effectiveness. That's where the coaching comes in. Could you imagine our 05' offense with Cutler? Wow.

And finally. Our LBs are not that bad. It's hard to make plays as a LB when the interior line gets pushed back 5 yards from the initial point of the snap. And also, they're playing wack because the defensive scheme sucks. Again, I'm going off of the talent of the players, not the scheme, you're just proving my point if you want to break down the schemes.

BaiLeY324
12-24-2007, 03:02 PM
does kubiak coach the defense?

last time i cheaked our offense was fine.

16 points a game is fine?

SR
12-24-2007, 03:04 PM
16 points a game is fine?

Wow. You sure aren't very good at reading between the lines are you?

16 points per game. Our defense is terrible and allows clock eating drives a lot. If our defense kept the other team from scoring, our offense would get more time on the field and, in turn, would score more. I know it's rocket surgery, but try to follow.

BaiLeY324
12-24-2007, 03:07 PM
Fire the coach because our team suffered a lot of catastrophic injuries, had to try to adapt to a new way of defensive coaching, had a lot of personnel issues to include rookies, young players still trying to find their footing, among other things, and you call for the coach's head. That's irrational. And if you aren't 16, then you sure fooled the hell out of me judging by some of your posts...

No. Fire the coach for trading away some of our most talented players every year because he's an egotistical, power hungry maniac. Fire the coach for constantly bringing in scrubs and expecting them to get the job done. Fire the coach for trading away 3 of our draft picks to move up 4 spots in the draft to take the player who had the highest bust factor going into the draft. Oh, and he was going to be there at #21 anyways. Fire the coach because it's been 2 years now without playoffs, and a struggling offense. Coincidence that this happened as soon as his offensive counterpart left? I think not.

Oh, and don't judge, it makes you look stupid. And it's an awful sin to commit.

BaiLeY324
12-24-2007, 03:08 PM
Wow. You sure aren't very good at reading between the lines are you?

16 points per game. Our defense is terrible and allows clock eating drives a lot. If our defense kept the other team from scoring, our offense would get more time on the field and, in turn, would score more. I know it's rocket surgery, but try to follow.

*Defensive scheme is terrible

Oh and how about we get a running game too? That might help the offense a teenee bit. See both Kansas City games. That's another thing... Let's trade away our leading rusher every year. Then, instead of bringing in a franchise back to replace them, we bring in UDFAs, and average at best throughout their career RB that are past their primes.

Arrogant Shanny once again.

SR
12-24-2007, 03:12 PM
You + talking football = trainwreck. Merry Christmas.

SR
12-24-2007, 03:12 PM
And it's an awful sin to commit.

Whew. Good thing I'm not religious.

Oh, and speaking of being judgemental, remember that conversation on Broncomania where I was telling that one kid that there are more fish in the sea and to not stress about his girl or whatever and you told me that I must like dude's balls? How about, before you try to tell me how to live my life, you follow your own advice. Kthxbie.

BaiLeY324
12-24-2007, 03:13 PM
You + talking football = trainwreck. Merry Christmas.

Way to keep up your part of the argument. You're a real winner.

Baha actually you just got punked by a "16 year old"

BaiLeY324
12-24-2007, 03:13 PM
Whew. Good thing I'm not religious.

Still makes you look like an idiot.

SR
12-24-2007, 03:15 PM
Way to keep up your part of the argument. You're a real winner.

Baha actually you just got punked by a "16 year old"

Yep, I'm a winner. I see no point in trying to prove my point to someone who thinks firing a hall of fame head coach is the answer to the Broncos' problems.

As far as being punked, meh, it happens, at least I'm man enough to admit it.

BaiLeY324
12-24-2007, 03:15 PM
Oh, and speaking of being judgemental, remember that conversation on Broncomania where I was telling that one kid that there are more fish in the sea and to not stress about his girl or whatever and you told me that I must like dude's balls? How about, before you try to tell me how to live my life, you follow your own advice. Kthxbie.

No, you said that all girls are bitches and not worth anyone's time. And if there's one thing I can't stand more than anything, it's disrespect to women.

You are a bitter dude, period.

BaiLeY324
12-24-2007, 03:17 PM
Yep, I'm a winner. I see no point in trying to prove my point to someone who thinks firing a hall of fame head coach is the answer to the Broncos' problems.

As far as being punked, meh, it happens, at least I'm man enough to admit it.

Bill Parcells is a Hall of Fame head coach, he got fired by the Cowboys. And now look. Exactly.

And I respect that.

SR
12-24-2007, 03:19 PM
No, you said that all girls are bitches and not worth anyone's time. And if there's one thing I can't stand more than anything, it's disrespect to women.

You are a bitter dude, period.

For starters, I NEVER referred to ANY woman as a *****,. Again, being judgemental.

I'm not bitter at all, I'm actually really happy with my life. I've got a great job, have traveled the world, seen a lot of things that most people have not and never will see, bla bla bla. But hey, have fun judging me. Didn't you just tell me that being judgemental made me look a fool? Wierd.

SR
12-24-2007, 03:21 PM
Bill Parcells is a Hall of Fame head coach, he got fired by the Cowboys. And now look. Exactly.

And I respect that.

Bill Parcells is a great coach. He was brought to Dallas to do something, and he didn't. Plus, I think TO took a toll on him.

If you want to talk football and be smart about it, I'll talk football all night long. I've got no probelm with that, but if you're going to sit here and talk **** to me and try to prove something, I'll play your silly little game.

SR
12-24-2007, 03:24 PM
*Defensive scheme is terrible

Oh and how about we get a running game too? That might help the offense a teenee bit. See both Kansas City games. That's another thing... Let's trade away our leading rusher every year. Then, instead of bringing in a franchise back to replace them, we bring in UDFAs, and average at best throughout their career RB that are past their primes.

Arrogant Shanny once again.

Like I said dude, cause and effect.

The defensive scheme is bad, agreed. That needs to change. The scheme was patchy and kept our offense off the field. That is the cause. The effect is that our offense can't score points from the bench.

Our running game has been sub-par this year. That is the effect. Let me back up. Our running game was great for the first 4-5 weeks of the season. Tom Nalen, potential hall of fame center, tears BOTH biceps and is out for the year. Travis Henry has the whole pot thing, got hurt, etc. Let us not forget Ben Hamilton being out for the year with post-concussion syndrome. Those are our causes for our sub-par run game.

It has less to do with Shanny than it does with personnel being hurt, not playing up to expectations, etc

Skinny
12-24-2007, 03:30 PM
We're 9th in the NFL in rushing Offense averaging 124yds a game. That's on 20+ fewer ATT than the top 20 rushing teams in the league.

A 10 yard ave. a game more seperate's us from the top 5 (Tenn. 134yds) in the League. Considering most of that has been done without 2 starting O-lineman ... that's not bad ...

Just sayin ...

SR
12-24-2007, 03:35 PM
We're 9th in the NFL in rushing Offense averaging 124yds a game. That's on 20+ fewer ATT than the top 20 rushing teams in the league.

A 10 yard ave. a game more seperate's us from the top 5 (Tenn. 134yds) in the League. Considering most of that has been done without 2 starting O-lineman ... that's not bad ...

Just sayin ...

Good points. But for us, 9th in the league is sub-par. :D

BroncoAV06
12-24-2007, 03:55 PM
Computer time needs to be monitered by parents, would do the world good. At this point the whole fire shany thing is beating a dead horse, can not get to the rest of the smilies here at work!

SR this kid just does not understand debate. He will not consider other points and will not listen.
What can you do when a team is ravaged by injuries, defesne scheme just does not work so it is canned weeks into the season, and the offense just could not get into the endzone! Fire the coach! How about the players actually making plays? So you don't think the coaches were doing anything this whole season? How are they to blame for Nalen tearing his bicep? Hamilton not being able to recover from a concussion? EE tearing his achillies?

So please explain to me what you expect a new coach to do? Who do you think would be available? All the problems would be there next year, along with the players learning new schemes and they ways of the new coach, which would in turn most likely take time.

silkamilkamonico
12-24-2007, 04:56 PM

According to your opinion on the level of talent from this team and 95', I considerably doubt all of the above.

LMAO at "Dre Bly turning us from a good CB unit in 95' to elite this year."

Apparently you're not watching the games, and seeing him get beat more then a broken rug.

Champ Bailey has been down this year as well.

Great pointon the "elite" call at the CB position.

Watchthemiddle
12-24-2007, 07:07 PM
I have read posts all year about this defensive scheme sucking.

Well it didn't suck before it was brought here. Perhaps we just don't have the proper talent to make is successful. You can only coach mediocre players so much.

Same on offense. Shanahan didn't suck on offense in 05. Our offense didn't even suck that bad last year. I don't think he all of a sudden became a bad coach. He is having to deal with mediocre talent and a ton of injuries.

UnderArmour
12-24-2007, 09:36 PM
Hire Charlie Weis. He lead the Irish to not just one win this season, but multiple.

AFGAHNI_BATTLE_DONKEY
12-24-2007, 11:21 PM

And I respect that.

bill parcells wasnt fired he retired.

only way shanny leaves is if he retires or if you become the owner and fire him.

and you will never own the broncos so you might as well hope shanny retires sometime soon or your wish of a new head coach will never come true.

SR
12-25-2007, 04:42 AM
Hire Charlie Weis. He lead the Irish to not just one win this season, but multiple.

Yep, I most definitely want another great college coach turned pro-coach bust to bust on my team.

BaiLeY324
12-25-2007, 10:45 AM
bill parcells wasnt fired he retired.

only way shanny leaves is if he retires or if you become the owner and fire him.

and you will never own the broncos so you might as well hope shanny retires sometime soon or your wish of a new head coach will never come true.

If we lose enough he will

SarahKay
12-25-2007, 12:12 PM
How about lets NOT fire Shanny..
and just build ourself a decent team for next year. :rolleyes:

SR
12-25-2007, 12:33 PM
How about lets NOT fire Shanny..
and just build ourself a decent team for next year. :rolleyes:

That's what I'm screamin. Shanny can only do so much if his players aren't performing, bottom line.

AFGAHNI_BATTLE_DONKEY
12-25-2007, 05:22 PM
If we lose enough he will

i dont see it happening.

TXBRONC
12-25-2007, 08:00 PM

And I respect that.

What? Parcells resigned he didn't get fired.

silkamilkamonico
12-25-2007, 09:56 PM
That's what I'm screamin. Shanny can only do so much if his players aren't performing, bottom line.

Shanny chooses the players that aren't performing.

BroncoBJ
12-25-2007, 10:17 PM
:lol: It seems like theres too many personal attacks/arguments going on in here. :coffee:

I dont think it has anything to do with coaching. But I have no idea what it has to do with. I'm just looking forward to the draft and hoping we build for next year.
Having a losing season sure isn't fun.
Us Bronco fans are spoiled for being a 10 win team or better year in and year out.

Shannahan is fine IMO. :salute:

omac
12-26-2007, 12:19 AM
Instead of firing Shanny, I'd take a hard look at their strength and conditioning coach; seems far fetched, but there has to be a reason for all the uncanny injuries this season.