PDA

View Full Version : Talk of the town

WARHORSE
10-12-2009, 11:02 PM
TALK OF THE TOWN
Well, we are ALL OVER EVERY SPORTS network.

Every talk show.......every radio show......every sideline discussion........every coahes corner.........every front office.

Our odds of winning the superbowl after last years was over was 60-1. Doubt thats where it stands today.

And after Cutler was dealt, according to the pundits, we were in our death throes.

Well guess what?

Those same pundits are reversing opinions faster than:

Kobe Bryant calls "FOUL!"

Flozell sticks a leg out.

The Broncos sacked Romo.

John Gambino gave the word.

DOG The Bounty Hunter sprays his mullet.

Brady whines to the refs.

Cutler pouts.

BEEFSTEW lays the pipe.

http://broncosfreaks.com/forums/images/smilies/cool.gif

Front offices through out the league are beginning to review what we did this past offseason.

Gotta give hats off to BOWLEN and the boys for running a top notch org......and funny thing is........even Shanahan and Cutler had big time roles in getting McDaniels here imo.

There were a number of teams looking at McDaniels........but I dont recall McDaniels looking anywhere else.

The BRONCOS were the organization he had targeted to come because of what Bowlen has done to make it a winning org......what Shanahan has done that contributed to that.........and for Cutler who was definitely something that had to attract McD to Denver.

But in the end, whatever the reason, all I know is, McDaniels has the Broncos as the talk of the town.

And I like it.

BRONCOS BABY!

Denver Native (Carol)
10-12-2009, 11:06 PM
Great post WARHORSE:salute:

Shazam!
10-12-2009, 11:51 PM
It reminds me of 1996 (not the '96 team), when Denver rocketed to a fast start and was the hottest team in the NFL. They were talked about constantly on all sports channels, networks and shows. The Broncos were talked about during the games (like tonight, NYJ @ Miami) and interviewed at the half. Kyle Orton was interviewed at halftime Sunday night in the Indy/Tenn game, reminded me of how John Elway was interviewed during the half of a Indy/KC game in 1996. I'm not comparing the two, just the situation.

It's great to be the toast of the League instead of underachievers or a defensive joke that nobody wants to hear about.

We waited a long time. The last two years were terrible.

After this offseason, fans and analysts owe Josh McDaniels, Pat Bowlen and Kyle Orton a big apology.

Orton is playing like a Pro Bowl QB and McDaniels would be Coach of the Year if the Season ended right now.

There is something special going on with the Denver Broncos right now. There is an aura. There is moxy. There is confidence. There is swagger. Dare I say... magic.

And I am honored to be a part of it.

Lonestar
10-13-2009, 12:02 AM
nice to be in the limelight but now everyone that was not already aware of it will now be loaded for BEAR when they play us..

Not sure we are that good of a TEAM yet.. but they have surprised alot of folks so far..

remember no OC is going to say we can take the week off because we are playing DEN..

same thing applies to the DC, but they will just be pulling their hair out looking for a weakness..

someone will find it cause there always is one..

Shazam!
10-13-2009, 12:05 AM
...and all that applies to all other NFL teams Jr, Broncos included.

Lonestar
10-13-2009, 12:09 AM
...and all that applies to all other NFL teams Jr, Broncos included..

yes it does but no one wants to be beat by last years laughing stock on D.. and everyone wants to prove we are a fluke..

they will be double loaded for BEAR each week we play from here on out..

now is not the time to be calling folks out we should be taking it one game at a time..

would love to run it and it could happen but it would take a lot of luck to do so..