PDA

View Full Version : Broncos are a 4 point underdog against the Bolts.

broncofaninfla
10-12-2009, 07:31 PM
Broncos are a 4 point underdog against the Bolts.

I'll take the underdog role yet again.

topscribe
10-12-2009, 07:37 PM

Shoot, I hope we're underdogs all year . . .

-----

Denver Native (Carol)
10-12-2009, 07:39 PM
Wouldn't want it any other way :elefant:

T.K.O.
10-12-2009, 07:42 PM
that means we win by 4,right?:confused::salute:

Bronco Warrior
10-12-2009, 07:47 PM
WTF? Are you kidding me? We are the Rodney Dangerfield of the NFL!! That is sheer disrespect!

threefolddead
10-12-2009, 07:58 PM
I am utterly confused by this. So since the Pats were only favs by three the Bolts at four are a better team? Or have a better chance at beating us than the Pats did? I love to be the underdog but what in the hell was Vegas thinkin on this one?

T.K.O.
10-12-2009, 08:03 PM
I am utterly confused by this. So since the Pats were only favs by three the Bolts at four are a better team? Or have a better chance at beating us than the Pats did? I love to be the underdog but what in the hell was Vegas thinkin on this one?

they alway add/subtract 3 points for home field meaning if the pats game was at foxboro we would have been 6 point dogs and if next weeks game was at mile high we would still be 1 point dogs....still they must be bsaing next week on the team that played sd last year which could be a big mistake....lets just hope the chargers think they should be favored as well !!!!;);)

Bronco Warrior
10-12-2009, 08:20 PM
Merriman does speed balls with the guy that does the odds in Vegas! They wanted to give the fans hope so they don't get Monday night Football Blacked out in San Diego! LMAO!! That explains it!

CrazyHorse
10-12-2009, 08:21 PM
Who wants to bet that even if we win this game Baltimore and Pittsburgh will still be favored the next 2 weeks?

T.K.O.
10-12-2009, 08:26 PM
Who wants to bet that even if we win this game Baltimore and Pittsburgh will still be favored the next 2 weeks?

i hope so.......its been a good omen so far !

The Glue Factory
10-12-2009, 08:32 PM
i hope so.......its been a good omen so far !

Not to mention a return to our roots. I love being the underdog! :beer::elefant::beer:

Brand
10-12-2009, 08:33 PM
That whole "favored" thing is a crock. It is a gambling tactic to get more Denver money on the game. Doesn't mean a thing to the players......

Has the same meaning as having all the Post "sports writers" picking the Pats.to win. Only Woody Paige acknowleged his idiocy....

Shazam!
10-12-2009, 08:38 PM
I know it's all a crock but it's still a slap in the face. SD isn't the NYG.

3 weeks in a row Denver was dogs to teams with lesser records.

SD isnt going to be remotely close to the opponent we've seen the past two seasons.

This time Denver brings an actual Defense to SD.

T.K.O.
10-12-2009, 08:50 PM
we are a different team but there is still some merit in the conclusion that they have a good chance to beat us at their house....they have beat our asses handily for 3 years with the exception of the hocculi call....which i do know bad calls happen all the time and change games but that was a bad one ,combined with the 52 points those batstards put up on us the last time we went to sd.....i think 4 points is reasonable.
and i hope we win by 30 !:beer:

titan
10-12-2009, 08:54 PM
That whole "favored" thing is a crock. It is a gambling tactic to get more Denver money on the game. Doesn't mean a thing to the players......

Exactly. The odds makers figure there is more San Diego money out there so they are making the Chargers the favorite to get some money on the Denver side.

If the game were in Denver and the Chargers were favored I'd be surprised - since it is in San Diego (with San Diego on a bye this past week) I'm not surprised.

Ziggy
10-12-2009, 09:08 PM
The Chargers did us a huge favor by spanking us in the last game with the division title on the line last season. I'm a Shanahan fan, but it was time for a change. Had we won that game, this season would look a lot like last season. Now let's thank them by whooping thier butts in thier house.

TXBRONC
10-12-2009, 09:09 PM
I was expecting Denver to go into this game against the Chargers as the underdog. The game is in San Diego and they have thumped us pretty hard over the past three seasons.

gobroncsnv
10-12-2009, 09:41 PM

Good!

DenBronx
10-13-2009, 12:24 AM
what's a team got to do to get any respect around here?

Lonestar
10-13-2009, 12:31 AM

win all your games for 3 years straight..

BroncoWave
10-13-2009, 12:52 AM
We might not be favored again until we play the Redskins, and I am fine with that.

Dirk
10-13-2009, 07:25 AM
Outside of the respect aspect, who cares. Go in their house and bring back a win. 6-0 Baby!!

broncofaninfla
10-13-2009, 08:27 AM
The game opened at 4, I bet the line drops to around 2 by kick off. Aside from being 5-0 straight up the Broncos have been a great dog to bet on. Money will drive this spread down I'm sure. I bet we are dogs against Baltimore as well....bring it on!

TXBRONC
10-13-2009, 09:21 AM
We might not be favored again until we play the Redskins, and I am fine with that.

Hell I wouldn't care if they have Denver as the underdog the rest of year.

underrated29
10-13-2009, 10:59 AM
This game and our next two worry me. Big time.

Not so much the bolts game. They always play tough and its monday night. But the black birds and the steel i fear for us on those games.

I predicted we would start out 6-1. ............I am not going to say how i thought we finished. Hopefully like how we started.

CoachChaz
10-13-2009, 11:06 AM
I think if we can score 10 points against Baltimore, we can beat them. We've held Cincy, Dallas and NE...all who have good offenses...to a combined 34 points. Rice and McGahee dont scare many and until Flacco gets a target that they dont have to talk out of retirement...the passing game isn't very fearful either.

Pittsburgh is a different story. You never know which Steeler team will show up, but if they continue their 4 quarter demises...added to our 2nd half eruptions...I think we have a chance...especially at home.

Like I told MO over the weekend. Suddenly, our schedule isnt as scary as it was a month ago

Lonestar
10-13-2009, 11:19 AM
I think if we can score 10 points against Baltimore, we can beat them. We've held Cincy, Dallas and NE...all who have good offenses...to a combined 34 points. Rice and McGahee dont scare many and until Flacco gets a target that they dont have to talk out of retirement...the passing game isn't very fearful either.

Pittsburgh is a different story. You never know which Steeler team will show up, but if they continue their 4 quarter demises...added to our 2nd half eruptions...I think we have a chance...especially at home.

Like I told MO over the weekend. Suddenly, our schedule isnt as scary as it was a month ago

I agree I did not see the brutal part of this schedule slinking into the background.. but the rise of the Broncos and the tepid play of the NFCE means we just may get a few wins I did not see happening..

I was concerned about early east coast games, prime time games and trap games. All of which have killed us in years past..

somehow I do not think Josh will allow those things to happen.. this TEAM is starting to believe the sky is the limit..

Nomad
10-13-2009, 04:41 PM
I was expecting Denver to go into this game against the Chargers as the underdog. The game is in San Diego and they have thumped us pretty hard over the past three seasons.

What TX said!

We're owned by SD until proven otherwise!!

TXBRONC
10-13-2009, 10:29 PM
What TX said!

We're owned by SD until proven otherwise!!

I think there is good chance we can prove the critics wrong.

Canmore
10-13-2009, 11:24 PM

We are the Rodney Dangerfield's of the NFL. As long as we keep on playing our brand of football, we will be just fine. Next up the Chargers.

Cugel
10-14-2009, 12:17 AM

If you had to put up the mortgage money, wouldn't YOU bet on Baltimore and Pittsburgh straight up? (Although taking Denver and the points would be the bet).

But, those teams will have to be favored to win. The Steelers are world champions, have Ben Roethlisberger and just walloped the Chargers. Do you see Denver putting up 40 points on the Chargers the way the Steelers did?

AS for the Ravens, they now have a great offense to go with their defense. They just lost barely to the Bengals, but the Bengals are a tough team this year.

I was totally wrong about them. They should be undefeated! (Now THAT would be a shocker! "The 5-0 Cincinatti Bengals prepare this week to face. . ." :eek:

Right now, Denver can beat anybody at home. Anybody. On the road? They probably won't be favored against the top teams. But, that doesn't mean they can't win.

Kaylore
10-14-2009, 01:31 AM
Tough game. Expect the best the Chargers have to offer. They pretty much have to win this or they're out of it. We've been beat out of that stadium so much that even if it's close and we lost, I wouldn't be too upset. I'm just excited to see this team perform on MNF. Should be a great game.

BroncoBJ
10-14-2009, 05:30 AM
Shoot, I hope we're underdogs all year . . .

-----

:lol: Same here. I know we'll be underdogs Almost all year. We'll be favored playing the Chiefs and Raiders at home and thats about it.
Maybe we'll be favored when we play @ Kansas City. But if they win a game or 2 before then, they might be favored. :fight:

I love it though. :elefant:

sneakers
10-14-2009, 05:35 AM
:lol: Same here. I know we'll be underdogs Almost all year. We'll be favored playing the Chiefs and Raiders at home and thats about it.
Maybe we'll be favored when we play @ Kansas City. But if they win a game or 2 before then, they might be favored. :fight:

I love it though. :elefant:

ThreadJesus! You came back!

Northman
10-14-2009, 05:38 AM
I hope we stay underdogs all year.