PDA

View Full Version : You think these clowns feel stupid yet? (LAME PREDICTIONS)

broncobryce
10-12-2009, 05:22 PM
Works better if you actually go to the page, but remember this from our friends as ESPN before the season?

http://sports.espn. go.com/nfl/preview09 /team?team=den

Jeffri
Chadiha
ESPN.com
DIVISION FINISH: 3 New coach Josh McDaniels will regret his decision to trade Jay Cutler this offseason. The Broncos now don't have enough firepower to compensate for their defensive deficiencies.

John
Clayton
ESPN.com
DIVISION FINISH: 4 Face it, the Broncos are a mess. They could be a three- or a four-win team if Kyle Orton struggles, the running game gets off to a slow start and Brandon Marshall continues to pout and be immature. To add to things, the defense that gave up 28 points a game is trying a completely new scheme. Ouch.

Tim
Graham
ESPN.com
DIVISION FINISH: 2 If Josh McDaniels can mold Matt Cassel into an 11-game winner in the NFL, then the rookie head coach should be competitive with Kyle Orton. But the team will stall unless the young McDaniels builds credibility in the locker room early in the regular season.

Jeremy
Green
Scouts Inc.
DIVISION FINISH: 2 This is not a very good team, but in the AFC West that is enough for second place. The Broncos have concerns at quarterback, along the D-line and in the secondary.

Paul
Kuharsky
ESPN.com
DIVISION FINISH: 4 Offseason debacle leaves team in position to struggle. The Broncos undid a high-flying offense while not doing near enough to fix a bad defense.

Matt
Mosley
ESPN.com
DIVISION FINISH: 3 This has been a nightmarish offseason. I don't think Kyle Orton's a legitimate starter at quarterback and obviously the Brandon Marshall thing has spun out of control.

Len
Pasquarelli
ESPN.com
DIVISION FINISH: 2 With the end of the Mike Shanahan era and having a different staff and new quarterback, things could get rough in '09. It would take a lot of pieces to fall in place for this to be much better than an 8-8 team.

Mike
Sando
ESPN.com
DIVISION FINISH: 2 The last thing the Broncos needed was for Kyle Orton to suffer a finger injury. If healthy, he gives the Broncos a chance to compete.

Kevin
Seifert
ESPN.com
DIVISION FINISH: 2 As long as quarterback Kyle Orton stays healthy, the Broncos can be competitive. Their 3-4 defense should keep some teams off balance. But an offseason and summer of internal strife suggests a long season.

James
Walker
ESPN.com
DIVISION FINISH: 4 Any hope of the Broncos having a successful season was shipped to the Windy City.

Seth
Wickersham
ESPN The Magazine
DIVISION FINISH: 3 Josh McDaniels is a talented coach, but is not talented enough to fix Denver's atrocious D, which is transitioning to the 3-4, and the loss of Jay Cutler in one year.

Bill
Williamson
ESPN.com
DIVISION FINISH: 3 The Broncos have to prove they can get decent quarterback play and improved defensive play to think this team can win more than six games. Add a brutal schedule and it could be a tough start to the Josh McDaniels era.

Matt
Williamson
Scouts Inc.
DIVISION FINISH: 3 Talk about a complete overhaul. If Brandon Marshall is healthy and in good graces (highly unlikely), the offense should remain formidable in both the run and passing games behind an excellent offensive line. Still, a drop-off at quarterback is going to occur. The secondary is older, but certainly better. Meanwhile, the front seven looks to be a long way away.

Pat
Yasinskas
ESPN.com
DIVISION FINISH: 3 Are the Broncos better off without Jay Cutler? No way. When Mike Shanahan was the coach, the Broncos were always in the playoff hunt. Without him, they won't be.

:lol:

Italianmobstr7
10-12-2009, 05:25 PM
Every one of them sound like jackasses now. Hilarious!

oobehr
10-12-2009, 05:29 PM
second place in the division, maybe, the chargers have had it on lock the past few years, but 3rd and 4th? Did these guys know the chiefs and raiders are in the AFC west?

Northman
10-12-2009, 05:43 PM
This is my favorite. Ill be writing Mr. Walker.

James
Walker
ESPN.com
DIVISION FINISH: 4 Any hope of the Broncos having a successful season was shipped to the Windy City.

milehigh
10-12-2009, 06:20 PM
I have a good laugh everytime John Clayton talks football.

EDIT: ESPN is just a big joke anyhow. Today I was watching NFL Live which I normally don't do but unfortunately I did. Merril Hoge said Orton is the reason why we won't win the division! Has he seen San Diego's defense this year? Dude took one too many shots to the head imo.

AlWilsonizKING
10-12-2009, 06:23 PM
This is why I pay no attention to so called "experts" and thier predictions......play the games and at the end of the season we will see where we are......

lol

Experts....:rolleyes:

PEACE!!!

Poet
10-12-2009, 07:15 PM
I would like to point out that a lot of fans on this site agreed with these writers.

In fact, a lot of fans in general thought you guys were screwed.

The thing about being a sportswriter is that no one remembers when you're right, only when you're wrong.

You should also note that this is why your team is such a great story; the odds were pretty good that you wouldn't field a good team.

No one on this forum, and I mean no one expected a good defensive unit. A lot of people thought that Marshall was one his way for another suspension or trade. No one really thought Orton was going to be nearly as good as he has been and simply put this hasn't happened in the history of the NFL.

Those writer's aren't idiots.

honz
10-12-2009, 07:21 PM
I would like to point out that a lot of fans on this site agreed with these writers.

The thing about being a sportswriter is that no one remembers when you're right, only when you're wrong.

You should also note that this is why your team is such a great story; the odds were pretty good that you wouldn't field a good team.

No one on this forum, and I mean no one expected a good defensive unit. A lot of people thought that Marshall was one his way for another suspension or trade. No one really thought Orton was going to be nearly as good as he has been and simply put this hasn't happened in the history of the NFL.

No, the writers are idiots...and so was this guy.

http://www.souvenircitysportsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/josh-mcdaniels.jpg

topscribe
10-12-2009, 07:34 PM

I never "predicted" Orton would be this good, but I suspected he may be.
That is no secret on this board, King. :laugh:

I also felt the defense would be much better . . . although #1? :shocked:

I thought Cincy's defense would stink, though. So I guess that makes me an
idiot in Cincinnati. :laugh:

-----

Bronco Warrior
10-12-2009, 07:41 PM
What's up King87? I predicted a 10-6 plus season and winning the division ahead of the Chargers the day after the schedual came out, and NOBODY with any sense would pay me as much as them to say I'm an expert! lol! The writing for this was on the wall..they just all wanted to act cool and ride the bandwagon to Qualcom. If they were really as smart as they think they are..the would have noticed that was a short bus when the helmets and drool bibs were being handed out bro!
Ffor the record 10-6 isn't high enough now!

Poet
10-12-2009, 07:45 PM
No, the writers are idiots...and so was this guy.

http://www.souvenircitysportsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/josh-mcdaniels.jpg

No, they weren't and I really doubt that you were expecting ANYTHING close to what you got this year.

Poet
10-12-2009, 07:47 PM
What's up King87? I predicted a 10-6 plus season and winning the division ahead of the Chargers the day after the schedual came out, and NOBODY with any sense would pay me as much as them to say I'm an expert! lol! The writing for this was on the wall..they just all wanted to act cool and ride the bandwagon to Qualcom. If they were really as smart as they think they are..the would have noticed that was a short bus when the helmets and drool bibs were being handed out bro!
Ffor the record 10-6 isn't high enough now!

Not much my man.

I didn't see you predict that on this message board. That being said, I'll take your word for it.

But I was here for the entire offseason. I know for a fact that most posters thought that this was going to be a very LONG season.

As far as your record goes, I think 12-4 is where I would place you.

honz
10-12-2009, 08:03 PM
No, they weren't and I really doubt that you were expecting ANYTHING close to what you got this year.

I didn't think we would be this good, but I did predict 9-7 with our tough schedule. I was never on the "Fire McDaniels" bandwagon.

Bronco Warrior
10-12-2009, 08:06 PM
I'll take 12-4...the day after the sccheduale I figured we would lose @SD @Balt @ IndY @Philly and Pitt and the Giants at home! Now I think we can take SD at Quackcom, and Baltimore and Pitt are very winnable! Well they all are but if I have to rethink it! Hell Giants at home too.
As for you seeing it..It was other sites..lol..hadn't found this one yet!

Poet
10-12-2009, 08:07 PM
I didn't think we would be this good, but I did predict 9-7 with our tough schedule. I was never on the "Fire McDaniels" bandwagon.

I never said you were on the fire him bandwagon. I spent a good deal of time defending him because it got to the point where he had to do what he had to do.

But, I know that very few, a handful tops, thought you guys were going to have a winning record.

A lot of fans agreed with their assessments of a crappy record.

The writers aren't idiots, fans have the benefit of being able to be fans.

Bronco Warrior
10-12-2009, 08:09 PM
After the Cutler deal I wanted McDumbnuts Set on Fire! lol!

Bronco Warrior
10-12-2009, 08:12 PM
Ever single person who answered questions on NFL Live Chat claimed we had done nothing to fix defense, and I told them they would be suprised...Pat Kirwin is a Bronco hater and I called him out on it today on his chat..he declined to post my question :woot:

Bronco Warrior
10-12-2009, 09:00 PM
Funny I just read a Pat Kirwin piece and he included this as the thing he doesn't like:

5. Things I didn't like
When the visiting Patriots lost the coin toss in overtime and the Broncos drove the field and kicked a winning field goal, it left me wanting more than that to decide a winner. Wouldn't it have been great if, after Denver's field goal, Tom Brady had one drive to score a touchdown?

What a POS! TOld you!!

Ziggy
10-12-2009, 09:04 PM
Mike
Sando
ESPN.com
DIVISION FINISH: 2 The last thing the Broncos needed was for Kyle Orton to suffer a finger injury. If healthy, he gives the Broncos a chance to compete.

I'd call this one pretty accurate. Obviously the biggest reason for our success is the D, but Sando is pretty much on the money. Without Orton playing the way he has, we wouldn't be 5-0.

broncobryce
10-12-2009, 09:49 PM

Don't worry King, the same writers picked the bengals 3rd in their division. Be honest, where did you have them ranked? ;)

honz
10-12-2009, 09:52 PM
Funny I just read a Pat Kirwin piece and he included this as the thing he doesn't like:

5. Things I didn't like
When the visiting Patriots lost the coin toss in overtime and the Broncos drove the field and kicked a winning field goal, it left me wanting more than that to decide a winner. Wouldn't it have been great if, after Denver's field goal, Tom Brady had one drive to score a touchdown?

What a POS! TOld you!!

LOL. Brady had two chances to lead a winning drive in regulation.

That said, I do hat the NFL overtime rules...they just so happened to work out for us this time. I wish they would take the college OT rules and adapt them to the NFL.

Poet
10-12-2009, 10:03 PM
Don't worry King, the same writers picked the bengals 3rd in their division. Be honest, where did you have them ranked? ;)

8-8. I had Pittsburgh at 11-5, Baltimore at 10-6 and us at 8-8.

Buff
10-12-2009, 10:05 PM
Well, the ones who legitimately thought the Broncos would finish 4th should feel dumb... Al Davis is still alive, isn't he?

But we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves here. A 2nd place division finish is still a real possibility. It's only week 5.

broncophan
10-12-2009, 10:05 PM
Well.....I predicted 5-11....or 4-12........as did alot of others around here.
Pleasantly surprised to say the least......but honestly....our schedule still scares the hell out of me...lol.

SD twice
KC twice(won't be easy to beat them twice)
NY Giants
Steelers
Colts
Ravens
Eagles
At Skins....
Raiders.....

Should be ok against the Skins and Raiders.......

Just saying 8-8. or maybe 9-7 may still be a possibility.

Beginning of the season, with all the changes, I would have been ok with that
But now that we are 5-0......I want more,,,lol

NightTrainLayne
10-12-2009, 10:15 PM
After Cutler was traded, I heard from a huge number of fans that we would be going 3-13 or something in that neighborhood.

I challenged anyone that would listen that we were more likely to win 9 or more games than we were to win less than 5. Of course, no-one wanted to take a bet on that because it would force a Broncos fan to essentially be betting against their own team.

That being said, I knew that we had a lot of talent on this team that was being over-looked in the shadow of Cutler. I wasn't guaranteeing a 9+ win season, but I was guaranteeing that our chances of 9+ wins were much greater than our chances of <5 wins.

And that's where these sports-writers look like idiots. Those that picked us #2 in the division and 7-9 make perfect sense. Those that picked us #4 in the division and 3-13, were just plain blinded by Cutler, and didn't really bother to analyze the whole team.

broncophan
10-12-2009, 10:21 PM
After Cutler was traded, I heard from a huge number of fans that we would be going 3-13 or something in that neighborhood.

I challenged anyone that would listen that we were more likely to win 9 or more games than we were to win less than 5. Of course, no-one wanted to take a bet on that because it would force a Broncos fan to essentially be betting against their own team.

That being said, I knew that we had a lot of talent on this team that was being over-looked in the shadow of Cutler. I wasn't guaranteeing a 9+ win season, but I was guaranteeing that our chances of 9+ wins were much greater than our chances of <5 wins.

And that's where these sports-writers look like idiots. Those that picked us #2 in the division and 7-9 make perfect sense. Those that picked us #4 in the division and 3-13, were just plain blinded by Cutler, and didn't really bother to analyze the whole team.

A 32 year old new head coach and a new defense concerned me a helluva lot More than losing Cutler.......I would take an experienced winning qb over a cry baby Cutler any day.

j3phr3y
10-12-2009, 10:38 PM
ESPN's Expert Picks record on Broncos games this season is 13-27.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks

honz
10-12-2009, 10:41 PM

Ha, I'm 5-0 with my Broncos picks so far!

oobehr
10-12-2009, 10:50 PM
I told my human geo teacher that we would go 10-6 and he said "you are crazy, if they go 10-6 I will give you my house." It'll be nice to have a vacation home.

Poet
10-12-2009, 10:53 PM
I told my human geo teacher that we would go 10-6 and he said "you are crazy, if they go 10-6 I will give you my house." It'll be nice to have a vacation home.

Well, if you guys win more than 10 games he wouldn't technically owe you his house.

BCJ
10-13-2009, 01:58 AM
Kevin
Seifert
ESPN.com
DIVISION FINISH: 2 As long as quarterback Kyle Orton stays healthy, the Broncos can be competitive. Their 3-4 defense should keep some teams off balance. But an offseason and summer of internal strife suggests a long season.

This guy seems to be the closest. I would love to know which of you broncos fans actually had us ahead of the Chargers. I doubt any knowledgeable fan had that happening. I had us 2nd in division at 8-8. Anything over that is icing on the cake. McDaniels surprised us all!

Nomad
10-13-2009, 06:17 AM
Well, the ones who legitimately thought the Broncos would finish 4th should feel dumb... Al Davis is still alive, isn't he?

But we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves here. A 2nd place division finish is still a real possibility. It's only week 5.

The BRONCOS are a nice surprise but we still have to get over the Charger hump. And regardless if the Chiefs and Raiders suck or not the BRONCOS have 3 games left with these teams and they are not gimmes plus 2 left with the Chargers. This team has started great but winning the division is the first step that really matters. If we can't beat the Chargers, there will be that same numb feeling and no expert will give Denver the respect!!

Like King87 said, many BRONCOS fan on this board had the BRONCOS tanking and finishing last so these experts aren't too far off their predictions from the preseason!! The BRONCOS have surprised all of us!

AlWilsonizKING
10-13-2009, 07:53 AM
Like King87 said, many BRONCOS fan on this board had the BRONCOS tanking and finishing last so these experts aren't too far off their predictions from the preseason!! The BRONCOS have surprised all of us!

Not this BRONCOS fan......I always expect the BRONCOS to have a great year and go to the Superbowl.....never anything less!!!!

:salute:

Yes I wear my homer glasses every day!!!! :wink:

PEACE!!!

SOCALORADO.
10-13-2009, 09:06 AM
I said DEN would go 10-6 and i am sticking to it!
I also said Orton would thrive in DEN.

Not all of us were haters!

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39751&highlight=socalorado

Slick
10-13-2009, 09:12 AM
Those guys get paid to give their opinion. Of course they'll be wrong about some of them. There are surprise teams every year.

Gimpygod
10-13-2009, 10:18 AM

I might be counting wrong but I think they are 17 and 33 picking against us. I was horribly, horribly wrong in my preseason predictions. I've never been good with fashion, first-year I take off my orange colored glasses to fit in with everyone is the first year they are in style over the last decade!:cool:

frauschieze
10-13-2009, 10:30 AM
Bill Simmons did pick us to be his 10-6 sleeper pick:

As we all know (or should know), a true sleeper pick can only be a team that: (A) flagrantly sucked last season; and (B) generated little buzz heading into this one. That rules out Houston (too much buzz), Green Bay (ditto), the Jets (9-7 last season) and Bucs (9-7 last season). You have to pick someone from this group: the Bills, Browns, Raiders, Broncos, Chiefs, Lions, Rams, Bengals and Niners. You need the "Nobody believed in us!" factor. You need a team that nailed its April draft and is blessed by a bad division and/or an easy schedule. You need an easy September for momentum. You need a franchise with fans who lost hope and will lose their collective crap if anything good happens. And you need to feel like you want to throw up even as you're anointing the team your sleeper.

My pick? The Broncos. Nobody believes in them because they lost Shanahan (24-24 since 2006) and Cutler (17-20 career record). Was that REALLY a disaster? They hired the architect of New England's record-setting 2007 offense (McDaniels) and traded for a QB with a 21-12 career record as a starter (Kyle Orton). (I know, I'm pushing it with the facts. But those ARE facts.) They crushed the draft: two first-rounders (including running back Knowshon Moreno, who could light it up right away) and five of the top 64 picks. They play in a division with two awful teams (Kansas City and Oakland). They easily could start 4-0 (at Cincy, home for Cleveland, at Oakland, home for Dallas). And the city of Denver has lost all hope. Also, I want to throw up and you are shaking your head right now. In other words, the Broncos fit the bill. Ten and six, I say.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/090910

NightTrainLayne
10-13-2009, 10:31 AM
I might be counting wrong but I think they are 17 and 33 picking against us. I was horribly, horribly wrong in my preseason predictions. I've never been good with fashion, first-year I take off my orange colored glasses to fit in with everyone is the first year they are in style over the last decade!:cool:

LOL. Glad to see you again. We still have 2/3 of the season to go. They haven't won anything important yet.

There's still plenty of room on the bandwagon. :lol: J/K.

NightTrainLayne
10-13-2009, 10:36 AM
Bill Simmons did pick us to be his 10-6 sleeper pick:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/090910

Good find. I don't remember reading that, but he pretty much nailed it.

10-6 would mean that we go 5-6 the rest of the way. Don't like the sound of that, and the way this team is playing it's hard to swallow, but that would still be a pretty darn good record considering the past few years.

Let's get to 6-0 first. Beat the Chargers!

Bronco Warrior
10-13-2009, 10:37 AM
Well, if you guys win more than 10 games he wouldn't technically owe you his house.

Really? That sucks!!! :throwrock: I was gonna come party at his teachers house! :(

honz
10-13-2009, 10:38 AM
Those guys get paid to give their opinion. Of course they'll be wrong about some of them. There are surprise teams every year.
I usually don't rip on the "experts" for missing predictions, but the blind hatred they had for us this offseason simply because we lost 1 good player was ridiculous. Topscribe and I (and Trent Dilfer) knew that Kyle Orton was better than he was given credit for, so shouldn't people that get paid to watch football know the same?

Watchthemiddle
10-13-2009, 11:12 AM

Wrong.

THere are a few of us who thought this was going to be a decent team and to let this HC and everything that has happened in the off season to unfold.

Some of us see the big picture.

Now, did I expect Defensive domination? No, but I also didn't think they were doomed and were going to go 4-12 or 3-13. I knew we would be as good if not better then last season after we got rid of CUtler. I would take a together locker room any day over a divided one with a pro bowl QB.

Your right, these writers aren't idiots...they just think they know everything and go along with the "popular" trend. They are just doing their jobs and don't really go off of faith. Same can be said with posters on here. They tend to lean towards the popular consensus rather than give people a chance. Those are the ones who don't show their faces around here anymore. Can't man up and eat their crow.

Its so much easier to say someone is going to be bad over saying to give people a chance and lets see what happens.

Bronco Warrior
10-13-2009, 11:18 AM
The EXPERTS totally dismissed us from the jump! Degraded our existing Defensive talent, mocked our draft (no pun intended) and ridiculed our Free Agency moves..even Dawkins, and of course Champ is over the Hill! OK that pun was meant! That's not even counting the Cutler trade which I personally count as a collossal blunder! The writing was on the wall for this team and the ones who didn't see it didn't bother to look!

T.K.O.
10-13-2009, 12:04 PM
http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39194
Kevin
Seifert
ESPN.com

This guy seems to be the closest. I would love to know which of you broncos fans actually had us ahead of the Chargers. I doubt any knowledgeable fan had that happening. I had us 2nd in division at 8-8. Anything over that is icing on the cake. McDaniels surprised us all!

please see my thread started in the spring titled "top 10 reasons why the broncos WILL win the afcw":D

Slick
10-13-2009, 12:15 PM
I usually don't rip on the "experts" for missing predictions, but the blind hatred they had for us this offseason simply because we lost 1 good player was ridiculous. Topscribe and I (and Trent Dilfer) knew that Kyle Orton was better than he was given credit for, so shouldn't people that get paid to watch football know the same?

I think the doubt went much deeper than just the Cutler trade. The stuff with Marshall, the trading of a 1st round pick to draft a guy in the second, the defense...no one thought the defense would be this good. We were a team in turmoil. I can't blame or hate on these guys for picking against us. Once again, they get paid to make educated guesses, and sometimes they guess wrong.

It seems like some of us are almost happier serving crow, or pointing fingers at the naysayers than actually winning football games.

Lonestar
10-13-2009, 12:44 PM
hey there were alot of folks on here that bailed or thought we would stink..

I personally thought we would be 5-11 but also said I thought we would be a much better TEAM..

after looking at the schedule, early east coast games, trap games and prime time games which we have over the past few years have we belly up on almost all of them.. then coupling the schedule against what was thought to be the best division in football that was how I came to that guesstimate..

now we have proved we can win early games on the east coast, that we can win a prime time biggie game albeit it at home and beat a good NFCE team we have a solid changes at beating most of the rest of our schedule IF we can get rid of the primetime NIGHT game jinx..

I did not see Josh dragging this team out of the depths it had fallen to in just one year.. All I was asking for was to win home games no more blown out losses and no more trap games.. If we lost they would be close loses.. but 5-0 is beyond what I thought this kid could do..

Poet
10-13-2009, 01:08 PM
Wrong.

THere are a few of us who thought this was going to be a decent team and to let this HC and everything that has happened in the off season to unfold.

Some of us see the big picture.

Now, did I expect Defensive domination? No, but I also didn't think they were doomed and were going to go 4-12 or 3-13. I knew we would be as good if not better then last season after we got rid of CUtler. I would take a together locker room any day over a divided one with a pro bowl QB.

Your right, these writers aren't idiots...they just think they know everything and go along with the "popular" trend. They are just doing their jobs and don't really go off of faith. Same can be said with posters on here. They tend to lean towards the popular consensus rather than give people a chance. Those are the ones who don't show their faces around here anymore. Can't man up and eat their crow.

Its so much easier to say someone is going to be bad over saying to give people a chance and lets see what happens.
No, not wrong. I said most of the fans here thought this year would suck. I didn't say that most of them thought McDaniels would fail, or that his scheme sucked, or that he wouldn't do anything..

This is a funny thing about those sportswriters, how many of you have looked for them to eat their crow? How many of you have went and read their recent articles and looked for their crow?

Then, let me ask you this, do you think that most of them actually can? On their title do you see sports writer or sports editor?

Do you listen in the ones with a radio show or read their blogs? Do you actually know that they haven't eaten their crow? Or, did you just assume they didn't?

That's the problem here, if I were an ass I could click on every poster here who thinks the guys are morons, search their posts for even a few days, and then nail them with things that they were wrong on.

When McDaniels first got here I thought he was going to suck. I looked at the Bill Belicheck coaching tree and saw some random results in weird situations so I sorta threw that one away.

Then I saw what he did with Cutler and I thought he sucked. Then I thought about it for second, and I started to realize somethings. You don't need a great QB to win in the NFL, but it helps. Then I realized Kyle Orton was a pretty good QB. I mean, I live in Illinois, I saw a lot of Bears games. I watched a lot of his turnovers come from trying to get back in a game where his defense failed him.

Then when the Cutler stuff started to play out I realized that even if he was wrong in trying to get Cassel he was right in ditching Cutler. Cutler had become something bad for Denver. I think he's a whiney little punk, but I can't really call him a cancer...yet.

So as the offseason progressed I saw your record start to grow. Then I realized you play in a terrible division. I thought the Chargers would bounce back and be an 11 win team, but between Merriman being an ass and injuries that probably won't happen.

So, at one point, I thought your team was a 6 win team. But, my opinion changed over time. That's a problem with being a sportswriter, it's hard to do that.

HOw the hell do you put what I just typed out in an article and not look like captain obvious? How do you keep any credibility. Believe me, for every fan like you that would appreciate things like honesty and consistency there are five more fans who just go "nah, he sucks". That's not a good way to keep a job.

So I give an open challenge to so many of the posters who think being a sportswriter is easy, go ahead and keep a log of what you think is going to happen. Then, even if you end up with a 70% success rate, remember that 30% of the time you're an "idiot" that happens to have an "opinion that doesn't matter."

BCJ
10-14-2009, 02:28 AM
Hell, we had our own Stinky tell us on ESPN that the front 7 was garbage. TG Rod Smith (he predicted 5 and 0) was on NFL Network putting guys like Jamie Dukes in his place during the Training camp sessions. I dont care about predictions but assinine comments will leave a mark, a stretch mark right across your forehead.

horsepig
10-14-2009, 07:24 AM
hey there were alot of folks on here that bailed or thought we would stink..

I personally thought we would be 5-11 but also said I thought we would be a much better TEAM..

after looking at the schedule, early east coast games, trap games and prime time games which we have over the past few years have we belly up on almost all of them.. then coupling the schedule against what was thought to be the best division in football that was how I came to that guesstimate..

now we have proved we can win early games on the east coast, that we can win a prime time biggie game albeit it at home and beat a good NFCE team we have a solid changes at beating most of the rest of our schedule IF we can get rid of the primetime NIGHT game jinx..

I did not see Josh dragging this team out of the depths it had fallen to in just one year.. All I was asking for was to win home games no more blown out losses and no more trap games.. If we lost they would be close loses.. but 5-0 is beyond what I thought this kid could do..

I agreed JR. The only place I differed was with the schedule, I never worry about the schedule. I sure as hell didn't see this defensive explosion coming.

NightTrainLayne
10-14-2009, 11:15 AM
TIiIwXJ2XOM