PDA

View Full Version : Wes Welker on loss:

NightTrainLayne
10-12-2009, 03:32 PM
Wes Welker went to high school here in OKC at Heritage Hall. They have a weekly radio show with him here every Monday recapping his game, with a 10-15 minute interview.

He was asked briefly last week about the upcoming game with the Broncos. Said then that he really like McD and that we had a good coach and that the team would be prepared. Wasn't worried at all about the altitude.

Today, these were his comments on the Broncos (paraphrased):

Asked about the loss: They just made a couple more plays than we did. They (Broncos) played a good game.

On McD: Good coach. The Gameplan approach that he brings is working for him (duh?).

About the altitude: I'm a little spent. I could definitely tell a difference, but I don't feel like I really lost anything physically. There was a lot of heavy breathing going on.

About Denver's 98 yard drive to tie it: Definitely surprised that they could take it 98 yards from being backed up on the two.

How's he feeling: I feel like dog-crap today. I took a pretty good shot. (Dawkins)

On Brady: He's got some things to work on, but we all do. Two years ago we probably hit a couple of those passes that we missed yesterday.

Nothing too earth-shattering there, but it was interesting. His overall demeanor seemed kinda down. Not very upbeat. :beer:

NameUsedBefore
10-12-2009, 03:34 PM
His overall demeanor seemed kinda down. Not very upbeat. :beer:

Hmm...

soonerjh
10-12-2009, 03:58 PM
Wes Welker went to high school here in OKC at Heritage Hall. They have a weekly radio show with him here every Monday recapping his game, with a 10-15 minute interview.

I missed it, did Traber egg him on? He was fired up today. Hopefully they will replay it so I can catch it!

DenBronx
10-12-2009, 04:00 PM
I wonder when Stokely retires if we will try and sign Welker once his contract is up.

NightTrainLayne
10-12-2009, 04:02 PM
[QUOTE=NightTrainLayne;780984]Wes Welker went to high school here in OKC at Heritage Hall. They have a weekly radio show with him here every Monday recapping his game, with a 10-15 minute interview.

I missed it, did Traber egg him on? He was fired up today. Hopefully they will replay it so I can catch it!

No. Traber was kissing his ass like always. Took it pretty easy on him, but I don't blame him. Welker's a hero around here (as you know). There's nothing to gain by picking on him.

Don't know if you heard it, but Mark Rogers "gave it up" to all the Broncos fans that he's been dogging since the pre-season telling us that our team "was a joke". . .He now admits that we're "pretty good". :laugh:

soonerjh
10-12-2009, 04:11 PM
[QUOTE=soonerjh;781009]

Don't know if you heard it, but Mark Rogers "gave it up" to all the Broncos fans that he's been dogging since the pre-season telling us that our team "was a joke". . .He now admits that we're "pretty good". :laugh:

haha, yeah, he needs to give it up to the Broncos!