PDA

View Full Version : sparkler game

Day1BroncoFan
10-12-2009, 02:00 PM
I decided to start a thread to see if any on the forums will be at the game on Monday. I will be there rooting for the Blue and Orange (Brown and Yellow). Whateve colors we wear I will be rooting for. I think were wearing the throwback away uni's.

How many will be there?

GO BRONCOS!!!

Day1BroncoFan
10-13-2009, 02:54 PM
:bump:

Thought I'd bump this thread once.

milehigh
10-13-2009, 04:17 PM
I guess we get one more chance to show off our sweet vertical striped socks and on national TV no less. :D

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/06/AFCW-Uniform-DEN.PNG

Nomad
10-13-2009, 04:24 PM
I decided to start a thread to see if any on the forums will be at the game on Monday. I will be there rooting for the Blue and Orange (Brown and Yellow). Whateve colors we wear I will be rooting for. I think were wearing the throwback away uni's.

How many will be there?

GO BRONCOS!!!

Have fun Day1! I'm sure the stadium will be rockin and hopefully you be able to leave bragging about the BRONCOS!!

I guess we get one more chance to show off our sweet vertical striped socks and on national TV no less. :D

Except for Gaffney, he likes his stripes twisted!!

weazel
10-13-2009, 05:06 PM
I like the throwbacks! They look better on the field then on the podium

cpbergie
10-13-2009, 06:17 PM
I will be there, even though I hate that stadium.

TXBRONC
10-13-2009, 06:27 PM
Enjoy the game I'll be rooting from my recliner at home. :salute:

Day1BroncoFan
10-13-2009, 06:31 PM
I will be there, even though I hate that stadium.

I'll be sitting by the west goal posts rooting for the Broncos. :D

It's nice to know I won't be the only BF'r there. :salute:

camdisco24
10-13-2009, 10:12 PM
If anyone is willing to buy my tickets and pay to fly me out there, I'll be there!! If not, i'll be rooting from home. Enjoy the game, and hopefully you'll having something to brag about on the walk out. Look out for crazy charger fans though... they're everywhere. Even here in NC!!!

Day1BroncoFan
10-13-2009, 11:44 PM
At least I have CA plates on my truck so they won't damage it. :D

I just hope they don't damage me. :D

BCJ
10-14-2009, 02:43 AM
I have gone every year since 1992. In fact, I will be there with some Orangemane guys as we partied together for 4 years now. Add in some guys from Anaheim Hooters (OC Broncos headquarters) and it should be a smaller group but a decent size group. Anyone can PM me if they want to hook up. We are planning a tailgate party but are still figuring out the logistics (Costco run!). Im leaving OC around 12:30PM to get there b4 2PM and set up. Many bailed out because of an October game instead of the normal late, Dec. game. As for the old unis, I will be wearing my new "old" logo hat. Dont care for any of the other 1960s jersey.

Day1BroncoFan
10-14-2009, 10:10 AM
I have gone every year since 1992. In fact, I will be there with some Orangemane guys as we partied together for 4 years now. Add in some guys from Anaheim Hooters (OC Broncos headquarters) and it should be a smaller group but a decent size group. Anyone can PM me if they want to hook up. We are planning a tailgate party but are still figuring out the logistics (Costco run!). Im leaving OC around 12:30PM to get there b4 2PM and set up. Many bailed out because of an October game instead of the normal late, Dec. game. As for the old unis, I will be wearing my new "old" logo hat. Dont care for any of the other 1960s jersey.

A friend of mine and I are driving over from the desert. Neither of us have been to Qualcomm before so we have no idea what we're doing.

The guy we got the tickets from said we should park in the mall or business area off of Friar St. He also said there is a shuttle going to the stadium. Do you know anything about that? Should we just try to park in the stadium parking?

girler
10-14-2009, 01:42 PM
All right guys! Way to represent! :salute:

Now if you could just find some of those nifty striped socks, I bet you could get yourselves on TV... Especially if you all twisted them and showed them to the cameras!!!

Oh, and we really shouldn't be worried about going into Qualcomm. After winning a super bowl in that stadium, I still consider it a home away from home. :D Especially now that the whole whiney QB feud has been cut in half. :shocked:

BCJ
10-14-2009, 01:49 PM
well, it is called Mile High West for a reason. Broncos fans represent that place very nicely every season. As for those striped socks, you wont see me ever wearing them unless being a clown for halloween is part of my agenda. As for parking, it is around $20 so if you can park farther away for free or much less, do it. If you are bringing grub and a grill and such, dont do the walk. Keep posted on where everyone will be and maybe someone is bringing a grill. Get there early enough as parking is big but does sell out at least 2 hours before gametime. Check out orangemane.com tailgate section for others going.

Day1BroncoFan
10-14-2009, 01:55 PM
well, it is called Mile High West for a reason. Broncos fans represent that place very nicely every season. As for those striped socks, you wont see me ever wearing them unless being a clown for halloween is part of my agenda. As for parking, it is around $20 so if you can park farther away for free or much less, do it. If you are bringing grub and a grill and such, dont do the walk. Keep posted on where everyone will be and maybe someone is bringing a grill. Get there early enough as parking is big but does sell out at least 2 hours before gametime. Check out orangemane.com tailgate section for others going.

We're parking at a free place and will hopefully take a shuttle. I don't know if the shuttle is free or what, I'm not even sure there is one yet.

We plan on getting there around 2:30 or 3. When we get to the parking lot we'll be looking for Broncos fans.

Thanks for the info. :salute:

broncofaninfla
10-14-2009, 02:15 PM
Which jerseys are we wearing?

Day1BroncoFan
10-14-2009, 02:16 PM
We're wearing the throw backs. I would say the white ones with brown pants and striped socks.

sanluis
10-14-2009, 02:16 PM
which jerseys are we wearing?

T.K.O.
10-14-2009, 03:05 PM
are the chargers wearing throwbacks too? i guess they would have to,if soo i wonder if they are powder blue?
if both teams have white jerseys it could be a little confusing.:confused:

Day1BroncoFan
10-14-2009, 03:06 PM
Chargers are wearing powder blue throwbacks. I don't know if the Broncos are wearing white or yellow jerseys for sure.

Day1BroncoFan
10-14-2009, 03:10 PM
Here it is for the Broncos (http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=341&contentID=9809)

The Broncos' 50th season has started off with a bang -- five wins in five games. Now the undefeated squad faces the 2-2 San Diego Chargers, who sit behind the Broncos in the AFC West standings. It won't be yellow and brown this time around, but the Broncos will wear their white and brown throwback jerseys in celebration of the 50th anniversary of the AFL.

Nomad
10-14-2009, 04:53 PM
Chargers are wearing powder blue throwbacks. I don't know if the Broncos are wearing white or yellow jerseys for sure.

Hopefully the BRONCOS in the brown, yellow, and stripes play better football against the Chargers powder blue than they did 50 yrs ago!!

Day1BroncoFan
10-17-2009, 11:22 AM
I hope rippers and the chargirls are the only ones pulling bonehead moves on Monday Night Football on 10/19/09.

:woot:

:2thumbs:

LawDog
10-17-2009, 12:27 PM
D1BFan, The shuttle you are refering to is the trolley. It is actually train cars on tracks than run through Mission Valley including the hotel circle area. It is not free, but it is pretty inexpensive and the tickets are round trip. It has several stops east of qualcomm where you can catch it and get dropped off. It works pretty well; but don't be surprised by the huge lines after the game waiting to get back on. The lines actually move pretty fast considering the crowds. It is still faster than trying to get out of the qualcomm parking lot in your car.

Here is a link with all the info you need - it's the "green line" but has special event timetables that you will want to follow. Have fun!!!

http://www.sdmts.com/Trolley/Trolley.asp

BroncoDiva87
10-17-2009, 12:40 PM
If anyone is willing to buy my tickets and pay to fly me out there, I'll be there!! If not, i'll be rooting from home. Enjoy the game, and hopefully you'll having something to brag about on the walk out. Look out for crazy charger fans though... they're everywhere. Even here in NC!!!

LOL I Second that!!! Im Wondering why They have us a Underdogs... Same Old.. Lack Of Respect for the Broncos As Usual?:confused: I Am SO Pleased With this Season so far!! :dancing:

Day1BroncoFan
10-17-2009, 12:47 PM
D1BFan, The shuttle you are refering to is the trolley. It is actually train cars on tracks than run through Mission Valley including the hotel circle area. It is not free, but it is pretty inexpensive and the tickets are round trip. It has several stops east of qualcomm where you can catch it and get dropped off. It works pretty well; but don't be surprised by the huge lines after the game waiting to get back on. The lines actually move pretty fast considering the crowds. It is still faster than trying to get out of the qualcomm parking lot in your car.

Here is a link with all the info you need - it's the "green line" but has special event timetables that you will want to follow. Have fun!!!

http://www.sdmts.com/Trolley/Trolley.asp

Thanks for the link and all the info. The trolley single day pass is $5. The parking fee for Qualcomm is $20 from what I hear, so it's a no brainer for me. I will park at the Fashion Valley Mall and catch the trolley from there. :salute:

Go Broncos!!!

MasterShake
10-17-2009, 02:14 PM
Thanks for the link and all the info. The trolley single day pass is $5. The parking fee for Qualcomm is $20 from what I hear, so it's a no brainer for me. I will park at the Fashion Valley Mall and catch the trolley from there. :salute:

Go Broncos!!!

Sounds similar to the light rial set up in Denver. The way up is not bad, but the lines are crazy on the way out. They run a 6 car train every few minutes so it goes pretty fast, but it feels like a cattle drive. Its pretty fun if you are drunk like everyone else though, especially after a win!

Day1BroncoFan
10-17-2009, 04:08 PM
Sounds similar to the light rial set up in Denver. The way up is not bad, but the lines are crazy on the way out. They run a 6 car train every few minutes so it goes pretty fast, but it feels like a cattle drive. Its pretty fun if you are drunk like everyone else though, especially after a win!

I won't be drunk. I don't drink and I have to drive 150 miles home even if I did. 5 hour energy drink maybe. :D

T.K.O.
10-17-2009, 04:21 PM

well the crowd should be pretty small at the end of this game......with denver scoring 28 points and shutting out the chargers in the first half most s.d. fans will go home at halftime.....:laugh::salute:

BCJ
10-17-2009, 07:29 PM
I never leave early after the game and I am normally with the group that the cops have to bullhorn to wrap it up and start getting to the exit. By that time, there is never traffic. Grilling before the game and finishing off the food after the game.

Day1BroncoFan
10-17-2009, 11:08 PM
I'll be milling around some where. I think the guy I'm going with wants to get home early so he can work but we'll see. We will be there early so we'll be on the lookout for Broncos' fans in the parking area.

BCJ
10-19-2009, 01:30 AM
You see a #73 Fletcher jersey, then you found me. I should be around at elast 10 other Broncos fans. I believe new area this year by or near the trolley rail. Probably close to the buses but still havent found out the final details. I like it when i plan the tailgate then i know everything.

Day1BroncoFan
10-19-2009, 09:03 AM
You see a #73 Fletcher jersey, then you found me. I should be around at elast 10 other Broncos fans. I believe new area this year by or near the trolley rail. Probably close to the buses but still havent found out the final details. I like it when i plan the tailgate then i know everything.

If you're near the rail it should be easy to find you. I'll be arriving on the rail.

Day1BroncoFan
10-21-2009, 02:05 PM
Here is a pic from where I sat during the game on Monday. I got to see Royal's run on the kickoff and Stokely's TD roll first hand right if front of me. I could see the hole that Royal ran through as clear as day. :D

BCJ
10-21-2009, 11:40 PM
Endzone seats are great. We were in the side endzone where the scoreboard was. Tons of Broncos fans (again) and nice to leave the stadium "SIX and O". "Six and O"

Day1BroncoFan
10-21-2009, 11:42 PM
The fans were better than I thought they'd be. I guess I'm just used to the ones that come here.

BCJ
10-22-2009, 12:04 AM
here are some pics from a photographer that was part of our group. We had Orangemaners and guys from Hooters of Anaheim (that is the BRoncos headquarters of OC).
see below..

Day1BroncoFan
10-22-2009, 10:18 AM
here are some pics from a photographer that was part of our group. We had Orangemaners and guys from Hooters of Anaheim (that is the BRoncos headquarters of OC).
http://almquistphotography.smugmug.c...86863851_nd5WW

The link doesn't work for me. The pics I took were with a cell phone so they aren't to great.

BCJ
10-22-2009, 12:15 PM
try again?
http://almquistphotography.smugmug.com/Sports/MNF-Game-Denver-Broncos-6-0/10029269_8DRfk#686863851_nd5WW

Day1BroncoFan
10-22-2009, 12:34 PM
try again?
http://almquistphotography.smugmug.com/Sports/MNF-Game-Denver-Broncos-6-0/10029269_8DRfk#686863851_nd5WW

That worked. Some great pics. Looks like most of those people were having fun. Some great pics of the game in there too.

Thanks for the link.

BCJ
10-23-2009, 01:48 AM
That worked. Some great pics. Looks like most of those people were having fun. Some great pics of the game in there too.

Thanks for the link.

yes, most were having fun. Those that werent, were called Charger fan. Didnt you love those 5-1 signs? Like that was some type of insult.

Day1BroncoFan
10-23-2009, 09:12 AM
yes, most were having fun. Those that werent, were called Charger fan. Didnt you love those 5-1 signs? Like that was some type of insult.

Yea, the charger fans around me were saying that philis would pull it out and all that. They quieted down a lot in the last half of the 4th quarter. All the talking crap were the first ones out the door.

broncofaninfla
10-23-2009, 09:54 AM
try again?

Cool pictures, looks like you guys had a blast!