PDA

View Full Version : SD Chargers Forum

Denver Native (Carol)
10-12-2009, 01:11 PM
I love to read the forum for our next opponent.

A few interesting threads on one of the SD forums, for your reading pleasure :D

http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=72267

http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=72265

http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=72221

GEM
10-12-2009, 01:24 PM
That last one is the best. Those guys doubt us. It's the old...they haven't beaten anybody line. Their time will fade, our time is coming.

SD...if you haven't noticed by now, your time, came and went when you threw Marty out on the street and named Norv Turner his replacement.

You can't fake 59-7 in seconds halves 5 games in. You can't fake the #1 rated defense 5 weeks in. You can't fake Orton being rated Top 10 in the league 5 games in.

Keep doubting Sparklers, I'll be all smiles watching Doom put Phyllis's face in the dirt.

Bronco Warrior
10-12-2009, 01:34 PM
This is one week I'm just telling you all right now I may get out of hand! I HATE thae Chargers! MY Ex GF with Benifets is an Ex Charger girl chula Vista and I have been to 5 games in SD 3 before I met her and 2 after. There are no fans with less class than Chargers fans..and you will hear every excuse under the sun! Just a heads up! One time I was there I had a camera bag w 2 grand worth of gear in it stolen by people running under the old bleachers that used to be in the endzone area, and when I went out to my SUV the window with my Bronco logo in it had been smashed out and the stadium cops wouldn't even cooperate and just blew it off! I'm gonna make my tongue bleed biting it!

Edmonton Bronco Fan
10-12-2009, 01:54 PM
It will be more fun reading their boards Monday evening after Denver steamrolls them.

But the excuses will still fly I'm sure. Denver could go 16-0 this year, win the SB in a rout and cure cancer and it will still be attributed to 'luck'.

T.K.O.
10-12-2009, 01:58 PM
loved this one.....:elefant:

SupaBolt
D Join Date: Nov 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No chance we win. They will run all over us.

Bronco Warrior
10-12-2009, 02:03 PM
I'm gonna need to double up on my Clonopin this week! Might blow a gasket if I don't!

Shazam!
10-12-2009, 02:13 PM
SD had their time. 3 AFCW titles with nothing to show for it.

In the NFL. it all happens in cycles.

SD had their chance.

It's Denver's turn after a few tough seasons.

These Broncos are special. Denver is for real.

spikerman
10-12-2009, 02:24 PM
I have to admit that I am concerned about a letdown this week. I know it's a divisional opponent, but I'm not sure this game means more to McDaniels than the Patriots game. Next year he'll understand the rivalry, but I just hope he didn't put so much emphasis on the Pats that the team relaxes this week. The Chargers are still a VERY dangerous team.

I do think it's funny that they're going through what we had to put up with last year. Last year we KNEW that everytime Denver's defense took the field it was giving up points - most likely 7, but at least 3.

SmilinAssasSin27
10-12-2009, 02:30 PM
This amuses me.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-12-2009, 02:35 PM
I have to admit that I am concerned about a letdown this week. I know it's a divisional opponent, but I'm not sure this game means more to McDaniels than the Patriots game. Next year he'll understand the rivalry, but I just hope he didn't put so much emphasis on the Pats that the team relaxes this week. The Chargers are still a VERY dangerous team.

I do think it's funny that they're going through what we had to put up with last year. Last year we KNEW that everytime Denver's defense took the field it was giving up points - most likely 7, but at least 3.

I don't see Coach approaching this game any different than he did the Patriots game, as far as preparation, etc. Yes, he wanted to win against his former team, but I really believe that each week, he wants to/will do everything he can to keep the ball rolling here, as he wants to win every week.

Shazam!
10-12-2009, 02:43 PM
SD hasn't played Denver with any kind of a defense in years or seen a Broncos squad play with this kind of confidence.

Day1BroncoFan
10-12-2009, 02:52 PM
McD knows what a rivalry is. He and his/our team will be prepared on Monday.

There is no reason we can't beat them, but...

Bronco Warrior
10-12-2009, 03:15 PM
The Chargers opened the season with a big rivalry game and they barely won against "Da RAIDERS". Wait till we get ahold of them! Clady will shake him like he's Tila Tequilla!

CoachChaz
10-12-2009, 03:55 PM
They lost to the only 2 solid teams they've played and even those two teams have looked mediocre thus far.

Slick
10-12-2009, 03:58 PM
We are still their bitches until we prove otherwise. I'd probably get some entertainment value by trolling their boards this week, but I'm going to keep my mouth shut.

NightTrainLayne
10-12-2009, 03:59 PM
They lost to the only 2 solid teams they've played and even those two teams have looked mediocre thus far.

And the teams they beat. . .Oakland and Miami. .. :tsk:

KCL
10-12-2009, 04:00 PM
I like the picture of Norv in Joe King's sig...priceless!

Crush05
10-12-2009, 04:01 PM
This is a Monday night game. Josh McD says he has nothing to prove to anyone that we know what we got. But I will bet you he is getting our team ready for this one as hard or harder than he did against the Pats. Denver 31 Bolts 14. Our offense will bust wide open this week!!!

soonerjh
10-12-2009, 04:15 PM
haha, lots of doubting going on in their forum!

Bronco Warrior
10-12-2009, 04:26 PM

They are huh? That's music to my ears!!

T.K.O.
10-12-2009, 04:29 PM

here's my new favorite qoute from one of them......

#50 Yesterday, 04:41 PM
team wik-kid
Rookie Join Date: Feb 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was going to hold a Bronco beat down party at my house but after that display against the Patriots, I think I will just stay in my bedroom and watch the horror flick that could be....... They really looked good, like a post season team ....WOW!!
:laugh::lol::laugh:

Lonestar
10-12-2009, 04:32 PM

I believe that Josh only worries about one team at a time.. and he KNOWS what the bolts have done the past few years to DEN..

there are still a few players from those teams also.. I suspect that the bolts are going to run into a buzz saw..

besides Houckli is reffing the game..:elefant:

Dreadnought
10-12-2009, 04:38 PM

And scratched out a late win versus the Raiders. They do not look anything like an elite team so far this year. OTOH, as much as I detest him, take Rivers lightly at your own risk. He has evolved into a real live NFL passer.

BroncoWave
10-12-2009, 04:39 PM

Where do you find the info of who is reffing the games in advance?

Lonestar
10-12-2009, 04:40 PM
And scratched out a late win versus the Raiders. They do not look anything like an elite team so far this year. OTOH, as much as I detest him, take Rivers lightly at your own risk. He has evolved into a real live NFL passer.

he should have went to the pro bowl last year and had he, who knows if you know who would have been as full of himself and be leading the team this year..

KCL
10-12-2009, 04:40 PM

Where is the game being played? I could look it up but you all can answer me.:D

KCL
10-12-2009, 04:42 PM
I believe that Josh only worries about one team at a time.. and he KNOWS what the bolts have done the past few years to DEN..

there are still a few players from those teams also.. I suspect that the bolts are going to run into a buzz saw..

:faint:

Denver Native (Carol)
10-12-2009, 04:49 PM
Where is the game being played? I could look it up but you all can answer me.:D

San Diego

KCL
10-12-2009, 04:50 PM
San Diego

And on MNF...???

Devilspawn
10-12-2009, 04:55 PM
And the teams they beat. . .Oakland and Miami. .. :tsk:
And if Oakland had at best a subpar QB, the Bolts would be 1-3. :tsk:

Dreadnought
10-12-2009, 04:58 PM
And if Oakland had at best a subpar QB, the Bolts would be 1-3. :tsk:

In fairness, that was the one game this year Jamarcus looked like a pro QB. Maybe that says someting about the SD pass defense though.

NightTrainLayne
10-12-2009, 05:00 PM
here's my new favorite qoute from one of them......

#50 Yesterday, 04:41 PM
team wik-kid
Rookie Join Date: Feb 2009

I was going to hold a Bronco beat down party at my house but after that display against the Patriots, I think I will just stay in my bedroom and watch the horror flick that could be....... They really looked good, like a post season team ....WOW!!
:laugh::lol::laugh:

Stay in his bedroom? LMMFAO!

NightTrainLayne
10-12-2009, 05:00 PM
In fairness, that was the one game this year Jamarcus looked like a pro QB. Maybe that says someting about the SD pass defense though.

Wow Dread. You just took down two AFC West opponents in one fell swoop.

KCL
10-12-2009, 05:12 PM
Wow Dread. You just took down two AFC West opponents in one fell swoop.

Make it three...we lost to the Raiders.... :banghead:

but then again..we've lost to every team we've played....:mad:

Denver Native (Carol)
10-12-2009, 05:15 PM
And on MNF...???

Yeppers

Lonestar
10-12-2009, 05:16 PM
hey folks I saw a post by someone YESTERDAY that was great it talked about our second half Defense and how stingy we have been.. I would love to share it at the bolts message board.. if some one can repost it I will zing it over to their forum..

in their Why are we favored vs Denver? next week thread..

http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=72267&page=6

KCL
10-12-2009, 05:17 PM
Yeppers

I love MNF...After Sundays there's still one game to watch..:elefant:

GEM
10-12-2009, 05:44 PM
Broncos are 59-7 against opponents in the 2nd half of their combined 5 games.

Broncos have allowed a total of 2 3rd down conversions in their combined 5 games 2nd halves.

What else?

TXBRONC
10-12-2009, 07:46 PM
We are still their bitches until we prove otherwise. I'd probably get some entertainment value by trolling their boards this week, but I'm going to keep my mouth shut.

Yep considering how they have owned for most of the last three seasons I'm surprised that Charger fans are dismissive of the Broncos.

BroncoWave
10-12-2009, 09:59 PM
For those expecting a letdown, go watch McDaniels' press conference today on broncos.com and tell me if you still think he is going to let this team have a letdown. I just don't see it happening.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-12-2009, 10:06 PM
Here's a real good one :mad:

Denver is not for real and Monday night is going to prove that. They will look even worse in San Diego than they did at home against the Patriots in the worlds ugliest uniforms.

After the game you will hear people saying things about Denver like-Who have they really played anyway. Dallas really isnt that good. They should have lost to the Bengals. Tom Terrific isnt himself...etc...etc..etc....

Enjoy this part of the season Denver because its not gonna stay like this. Your players and coaching staff will get tired of your spastic little head coach and Kyle Orton will show you why he was traded. Remember we can only get better on D while you can only get worse. Once your team starts to slip a little bit and not get the usual bogus calls at home, it will become very difficult to win the close games. Not to worry though, this weeks game will not be close!!

Devilspawn
10-12-2009, 10:18 PM
Were we watching the same game? If Strawberry JaM arcus played like a Pro Bowl alternate that game, it would've been over midway through the third. Aside from 4 nice passes, he did nothing. But the Chargers secondary can be exploited.

TXBRONC
10-12-2009, 10:19 PM

Denver is not for real and Monday night is going to prove that. They will look even worse in San Diego than they did at home against the Patriots in the worlds ugliest uniforms.

After the game you will hear people saying things about Denver like-Who have they really played anyway. Dallas really isnt that good. They should have lost to the Bengals. Tom Terrific isnt himself...etc...etc..etc....

Enjoy this part of the season Denver because its not gonna stay like this. Your players and coaching staff will get tired of your spastic little head coach and Kyle Orton will show you why he was traded. Remember we can only get better on D while you can only get worse. Once your team starts to slip a little bit and not get the usual bogus calls at home, it will become very difficult to win the close games. Not to worry though, this weeks game will not be close!!

I read that post on one of links you provided and saw the stupidity in it moved on. The fact is the Chargers haven't been able to run the ball this year nor have they been able to defend the run.

gobroncsnv
10-12-2009, 10:24 PM
Well, something that seems different about this year... there is no "Raiders week" for the team... The intensity is there for EVERY opponent. Our defense could NOT be as good as they are without it. You have to have a major burn inside to play D like we've shown every game thus far. We'll see how it looks this week. Is our offense just a few steps behind the D now? Look out... this could be cool.

gobroncsnv
10-12-2009, 10:25 PM
I read that post on one of links you provided and saw the stupidity in it moved on. The fact is the Chargers haven't been able to run the ball this year nor have they been able to defend the run.

Merriman ain't the same without the roids, and their line ain't the same without Williams (even better yet, without Nunnely!) THAT will show up in the run D...

GEM
10-12-2009, 10:28 PM

Those morons would give their right friggen arm to have that spastic little head coach over their head loser. Not to worry though, you're trophy case will be just as empty as it is now...oh wait, there will be something new...another year of dust. :D

KCL
10-12-2009, 10:32 PM
Remember we can only get better on D while you can only get worse.

I don't care what team you're a fan of... that there is too funny...:lol:

TXBRONC
10-12-2009, 10:35 PM
Merriman ain't the same without the roids, and their line ain't the same without Williams (even better yet, without Nunnely!) THAT will show up in the run D...

And on the other side of the ball they can't run the ball even if LT is healthy for this game I don't think he's the same back he was just few short years ago.

gobroncsnv
10-12-2009, 10:41 PM
I don't care what team you're a fan of... that there is too funny...:lol:

Kind of reminds me of an old basketball cheer...

"We may be small, but we're SLOW!!!"

Bronco Warrior
10-12-2009, 10:45 PM
I warned you guys that Chargers fans are the most ignorant delusional fans in the league! It will get ugly before the week is out! The only think more pathetic than Chargers fans when they are winning is them when they are making excuses for theirr disfunction criminal francise! I wonder if they will still be shooting their mouths off when they see their Team move to LA!

KCL
10-12-2009, 10:47 PM
I warned you guys that Chargers fans are the most ignorant delusional fans in the league!

Like we didn't know it til you told us....:rolleyes:

Bronco Warrior
10-12-2009, 10:49 PM
Nothing ever true till I say it! :rofl:

gobroncsnv
10-12-2009, 10:51 PM
Then again, here on the frontier of Raider Nation, I had one of their fans try to tell me that beating them was luck (as in lucky the Raiders have JR as their qb)...
Where would the economy of Oakland be without mascara sales in the fall???

TXBRONC
10-12-2009, 11:04 PM
Those morons would give their right friggen arm to have that spastic little head coach over their head loser. Not to worry though, you're trophy case will be just as empty as it is now...oh wait, there will be something new...another year of dust. :D

I'm not so sure the Chargers even know what trophy case looks like.

BroncoWave
10-13-2009, 12:16 AM
For those expecting a letdown, go watch McDaniels' press conference today on broncos.com and tell me if you still think he is going to let this team have a letdown. I just don't see it happening.

On that same note, these were my favorite quotes from his press conference:

Then, in the kicking game, that is probably about as poor as you can play in the kicking game and win a game in the National Football League, I think. It was disappointing. Our special teams have been strength of ours so far this season and certainly weren't yesterday.

We are going to show them the film of this game on Wednesday and all of the mistakes that we made and talk about how much better we need to play in order to continue winning. (We) jumped offside on a punt return and gave them a first down, roughed the punter, missed a field goal, choose to return the ball from eight yards deep, offensive penalties, the defense (couldn't) get aligned-Believe me, I don't know if I have enough time in the squad meeting on Wednesday to show them how many things we can do better the next time we go out. As long as you understand where you are and what you are dealing with, which is we have won five games, (but) we didn't play our best football game yesterday. I think we played maybe one play better than they did, just a little bit better, and that is why we ended up winning the game. Certainly, we left a lot out there on the field in every phase. We can coach better. We can play better, and they will see that on the film. I don't have to create that, and no coach on our staff is going to have to create it either because we just watch the film and that is the proof.

He will definitely have the team ready for SD.

Nomad
10-13-2009, 06:32 AM

So true! The Patriots game was more about McDaniels than anything, so don't fool yourselves. We'll see what he has this Monday night when this game means more to BRONCO fans than some Patriots game. If we lose in a tight game then I know we have a chance, but if SD blows us out then McDaniels and co better work harder.

SD has always killed us with the run whether Sproles, Tomlison, or Turner. And Jackson seems to have good games against us too, not to mention Rivers. Seeing is believing, so I'll wait till Monday Night before talking crap (which I really don't anyway)!

Bronco Warrior
10-13-2009, 07:42 AM
If the Chargers don't win another game after Monday and we go ahead and win the division and the SuperBowl those Delusional Dolts fans will brag it up and then make excuses for the rest of the season!

broncofaninfla
10-13-2009, 08:43 AM
When the schedule comes out each year the fisrt thing I do is circle the Charger games. I HATE the Chargers. I hate the players, coaches and fans. They have owned us here lately but it's a new season and we have something for them this year. I'm actually happy this game being in San Diego and being televised nationally on Monday night so the fans and nation can watch us beat down the Bolts first hand.

Bronco Warrior
10-13-2009, 08:55 AM
I will admit I counted this @SD game as one of our 6 losses. On this case I hope I'm wrong and truely think I will be! The Chargers are pathetic and desperate and coul make them dangerous! I'm thinking dangerous to themselves though!

claymore
10-13-2009, 08:57 AM
I will admit I counted this @SD game as one of our 6 losses. On this case I hope I'm wrong and truely think I will be! The Chargers are pathetic and desperate and coul make them dangerous! I'm thinking dangerous to themselves though!

Statement game for both teams. I know that can be said for the Dallas game and Pats game... But we need to beat SD at Qualcom on Monday night football.

That is when we arrive IMO.

broncofaninfla
10-13-2009, 09:02 AM
Statement game for both teams. I know that can be said for the Dallas game and Pats game... But we need to beat SD at Qualcom on Monday night football.

That is when we arrive IMO.

Agreed. We can show we are now the team to beat in the AFC West.

TXBRONC
10-13-2009, 09:16 AM

Head loser is definitely a fitting title for Norv. Schottenheimer leads the Chargers to 14-2 record in his last season as head coach and good ol Norv has had Chargers win totals go down every since then (11-5, and 8-8).

Bronco Warrior
10-13-2009, 09:37 AM
Head loser is definitely a fitting title for Norv. Schottenheimer leads the Chargers to 14-2 record in his last season as head coach and good ol Norv has had Chargers win totals go down every since then (11-5, and 8-8).

I used the new Chargers math to calculate their record for this season under Norn Turder: Marty 14wins Turner 11 wins Turner 8 wins . so 14, 11, 8, ___, solved the problem! Even the remedial Chargers fans know the answer to this one!! :woot:

Traveler
10-13-2009, 09:48 AM
We'll see what he has this Monday night when this game means more to BRONCO fans than some Patriots game. If we lose in a tight game then I know we have a chance, but if SD blows us out then McDaniels and co better work harder.

SD has always killed us with the run whether Sproles, Tomlison, or Turner. And Jackson seems to have good games against us too, not to mention Rivers. Seeing is believing, so I'll wait till Monday Night before talking crap (which I really don't anyway)!

Not to mention that Phillip Rivers seems to have his best games against us. 5-1 against us since he's been their starting QB.

As I've stated before, I love how the team is playing for 60 minutes. Having said that, this is the game for me that I'll either go "All In" and stop being so pessimistic or not.

Statement game for both teams this Monday night. We can put our foot further on their throats or still provide them an opportunity to vie for the Division lead.

In boxing, they say you have to knock the reigning champ out. Let's hope that MCDaniels and Nolan have them prepared better than Shanahan did in the last 3 or 4 seasons.

claymore
10-13-2009, 09:50 AM
Not to mention that Phillip Rivers seems to have his best games against us. 5-1 against us since he's been their starting QB.

As I've stated before, I love how the team is playing for 60 minutes. Having said that, this is the game for me that I'll either go "All In" and stop being so pessimistic or not.

Statement game for both teams this Monday night. We can put our foot further on their throats or still provide them an opportunity to vie for the Division lead.

In boxing, they say you have to knock the reigning champ out. Let's hope that MCDaniels and Nolan have them prepared better than Shanahan did in the last 3 or 4 seasons.I myself am scared of getting heartbroken. But this game is my all in too.

KCL
10-13-2009, 09:54 AM
If the Chargers don't win another game

They haven't played the Chiefs yet.

Lonestar
10-13-2009, 09:54 AM
this is indeed a statement game... AS will be every game this year..

in fact I suspect every game for Josh is a statement game..

I like what I see in this guy the ultimate competitor..

I Suspect he is so good at coaching QB's is because he used to be one and thinks that he could have been an NFL QB had he been 6'2" instead of 5'7" or whatever he is.. he is living the life vicariously through "his QB" whom ever it is at the moment..

but then I could be wrong..

it matters not this guy has this TEAM believing in themselves and they may be playing way of his head but they are winning as a TEAM something we have not seen in a long time..

Lonestar
10-13-2009, 09:56 AM

twice .. but the chiefs always seem to have a home field advantage.. :salute:

Bronco Warrior
10-13-2009, 09:57 AM

Hey you are right..so they will win one more! :woot:

KCL
10-13-2009, 09:58 AM
twice .. but the chiefs always seem to have a home field advantage.. :salute:

Yea against Oakland and Denver...our only wins last season...:rolleyes:

Lonestar
10-13-2009, 10:01 AM

In boxing, they say you have to knock the reigning champ out. Let's hope that MCDaniels and Nolan have them prepared better than Shanahan did in the last 3 or 4 seasons.

I was on their forum yesterday and the prevailing thought is they own us.

but I pointed out to them that their are 35 new faces on this team the Defense has only ONE player at his same position as last year and only two other that were starters last year and they are in new spots this year everyone else is a newbie to DEN..

also said that their Defense and Rivers were both inside jays head and he is now in Chicago so that does not work any more..

have not went back to see if I have any responses yet.. but most likely will chuckle at what they are..

should be a good game but I see us winning because of better coaching if no other reason..

Josh was born into a coaching career and learned from one of the masters about preparing for games YOU can bet your ass that we will not lose this game because of a lack of having the team prepared.. he will get them up for a MNF spotlight on DEN game..

they may beat us because they have more talent or the ball bounced there way.. but not because we were not ready.. now I do have to say as far as we have come this year both sides of our LOS is doing stuff they were not last year and ST while the last game sucked are heads above what they were last year..

they all have a long way to go in getting this scheme down PAT (pardon the pun)

Bronco Warrior
10-13-2009, 10:23 AM
The Chargers beat us..whipped a decimated pathetically schemed defense last year and a gutted backfield and Bell still ripped them for 100 yards off the street! Merriman and a "Healthy" Cromartie was going to be the answer this year! Well if they are the answer, I'm not sure what the question was! Don't tell the team cause a letdown would suck...but the Chargers really suck this year!! Turner is s Offensively creative as an old married couple on that first Saturday of the month love session, and Rivera is a one pump chump!

and for the record San Diego bragging about own in us last year and winning the division is like waking up hung over with a 300 lb toothless Meth Ho and bragging to the world that you got some! :woot:

Cugel
10-13-2009, 10:28 AM
Some hilarious bits from these Chargers threads:

Originally Posted by rjb1816 I think LT had one of his best games of the year the last game of the season last year, at home, against the broncos, in primetime, in a big division game

maybe i misremembered? nope, but you did
I was talking about the Steelers game. Try reading out loud and slowly and from left to right.

Originally Posted by rjb1816 oh we're talking about the steelers game? i didnt know we were discussing 2 weeks ago, my bad. cuz that's relevant to this thread topic how??? gg
Don't blame me for your inept reading comprehension skills.

We couldn't rush the ball against the leagues worst run defense in the Raiders! What makes you think we'll all of a sudden be able to run it against Denver?

Chargers rushing yards vs:

Raiders 77 yards
Ravens 53 yards
Miami 69 yards
Steelers 16 yards

Raiders rushing def vs:

Chargers 77 yards
KC 173 yards
Denver 215 yards
Giants 220 yards

It appears we're the only team that can't rush against the Raiders

The Raiders came out fired up and they the heck out of our O and D line. That enabled them to rush the ball effectively on offense against our defense. The O line suffered 2 big injuries, which forced Mooch to move to Center and Dombrowski (who never played guard in his life) to play Guard.

I thought our running game looked pretty good against the Steelers but our defense got us into a HUGE hole early, which caused us to have to abandon the run.

This upcoming game is a statement game. I believe we'll come out fired up. The key will be whether our O and D lines can get the job done.

That last post at least makes some sense! It does come down to whether Phillip Rivers has time to throw and whether the Broncos can stuff the Chargers O-line and prevent them from running the ball. They've successfully stuffed Marion Barber, so there's no obvious reason they can't stop LT.

However, fans who think this game will be easy should realize that ALL division games are difficult because the teams know each other well. That's LESS true of this game because the Broncos have 8 new starters and a new defensive scheme, plus 3 new OFFENSIVE starters and a new OFFENSIVE scheme (plus new QB).

CoachChaz
10-13-2009, 10:40 AM
Some hilarious bits from these Chargers threads:

That last post at least makes some sense! It does come down to whether Phillip Rivers has time to throw and whether the Broncos can stuff the Chargers O-line and prevent them from running the ball. They've successfully stuffed Marion Barber, so there's no obvious reason they can't stop LT.

However, fans who think this game will be easy should realize that ALL division games are difficult because the teams know each other well. That's LESS true of this game because the Broncos have 8 new starters and a new defensive scheme, plus 3 new OFFENSIVE starters and a new OFFENSIVE scheme (plus new QB).

I wont defend the Cowboys, but Barber was playing hurt and only touched the ball once in the 2nd half against us. Other than that...we havent seen a Pro Bowl caliber RB.

NightTrainLayne
10-13-2009, 10:42 AM
This will be a tough game.

Chargers are already in a "must-win" position. They simply cannot afford to fall 3.5 games behind us at home.

Chargers have had a bye week to get ready for us.

It's on MNF.

It's a divisional rivalry.

We better be ready to play, because they will be, and it will be tough for us to win it.

But if we do. .. that would be pretty sweet.

TXBRONC
10-13-2009, 10:50 AM
I wont defend the Cowboys, but Barber was playing hurt and only touched the ball once in the 2nd half against us. Other than that...we havent seen a Pro Bowl caliber RB.

I agree, but I don't think LT is same running back he was two years ago.

Cugel
10-13-2009, 10:52 AM
More goodies from the Chargers Land of Denial:

Enjoy this part of the season Denver because its not gonna stay like this. Your players and coaching staff will get tired of your spastic little head coach and Kyle Orton will show you why he was traded. Remember we can only get better on D while you can only get worse. Once your team starts to slip a little bit and not get the usual bogus calls at home, it will become very difficult to win the close games. Not to worry though, this weeks game will not be close!!!

The Patriots game ought to have woken people up that the Denver defense at least IS for real. Dallas might not be the best team in the NFC as people were predicting before the season, but they are solid on both sides of the ball and Marion Barber is a LOAD. Denver stuffed them and held them down all game and Champ Bailey proved he's still Champ Bailey.

Denver is beatable! very much so. If you look at both the Dallas and New England game both Romo and Brady left 5 to 6 TDs on the field off poor throws to guys that were wide open. But either way, this is the Chargers opportunity to put up or start looking forward to the off season. No more excuses, LT should be 100% healthy by Monday, same goes for Merriman.

Actually this is true! Both Romo and Brady missed some wide open WRs for TDs, but so did Kyle Orton. Orton missed at least 2 sure TDs in the first half against Dallas and three by my count in that game. He missed another against the Patriots.

You can't say anything about that other than a miss is a miss. QBs will miss some throws. They're not perfect all the time.

That's not the same thing as the Immaculate Deflection, or throwing a game winning TD right through the hands of the DB which is blind luck.

What I think these fans are missing is that Denver is improving. They still have a long way to go on offense since they are averaging fewer than 17 points a game, but as long as the Defense remains #1 in the NFL they'll be in every game at the end with a chance to win.

This team has STILL NOT played one single game where the offense came out and executed from the beginning and kept on playing well the entire game. NOT ONCE.

This is just not the explosive Denver offense of past years that could score 30-40 points in a good game and 21 in a half. But, the defense also isn't the same Horrid defense that was worst in the NFL last year either! :beer:

Mike
10-13-2009, 10:57 AM
I hear that stuff about Romo and Brady at work too. I always mention that part of the reason that the QBs are off just might have a little to do with our defense too. ;)

Cugel
10-13-2009, 11:21 AM

Barber might not have been 100% but I don't think that really made any difference. Aside from Adrian Peterson, who we won't be seeing this season, who is there in the NFL who can just take over a game at RB the way LT used to?

There are some good RBs but nothing the Denver defense can't handle IF the DL continues to handle the opposing OL.

Before this season I thought Denver would win 6-7 games because NT Ron Fields is a career backup, the new scheme and new coaches would take time to work out and because trading Jay Cutler for Kyle Orton is a step back which would hurt the offense. Mediocre offense plus (improved from horrible to mediocre) defense equals 6 or 7 wins, maybe 8 tops. Possibly 5 or fewer if a few injuries strike and it takes longer than expected for the players to learn the new system.

Well, the offense still isn't as good as it was last year, but:

1. Ron Fields has proven he's a good starter. He's done his job better than expected from his previous career. Kenny Peterson and Ryan McBean can't rush the passer to save their lives, but in the 3-4 they don't have to. They have to occupy blockers and keep them off the LBs and they've been doing their jobs. That allows DJ and the LBs to make plays.

Denver doesn't even have to pass rush a lot, because their secondary is so good now they can drop extra defenders back in coverage as they did against Tom Brady.

2. The players have adapted to the 3-4 like ducks to water, especially Dumervil who is a NATURAL at the OLB position and is rapidly becoming one of the best pass-rushing OLBs in the league.

3. Mike Nolan, although not a great head-coach, really is a great DC, which is how he got his head-coaching job in the first place. Hopefully nobody will hire him away to be a head-coach again during the off-season. For the first time in years we actually have a good DC in town! :shocked:

4. Champ Bailey is back healthy this year and with the defense putting pressure on opposing QBs, they are going to the hot read, which is designed by Nolan to leave Bailey in single coverage with double-coverage on the opposite side of the field. He's been winning those battles pretty consistently. Ocho Cinco beat him for 1 big play, but then Bailey intercepted a pass intended for him, so I'd say they're even there. The performance knocking down 2 consecutive end-zone passes to win the Dallas game was another example.

5. I have no idea why the word out of Philly was that Brian Dawkins was washed up as a pass-defender! :confused: He sure looks good on pass-plays and is playing at least as well as John Lynch ever did in Denver! The secondary is now one of the best, if not the best in the NFL.

If you limit your opponents to around 11 points a game, you'll win most games.

TXBRONC
10-13-2009, 11:55 AM
I hear that stuff about Romo and Brady at work too. I always mention that part of the reason that the QBs are off just might have a little to do with our defense too. ;)

Nah it's either dirt, bird droppings, the sun, or poor throwing mechanics caused the bad throws and interceptions. ;)

TXBRONC
10-13-2009, 05:24 PM
Bumping for Carol. :bump2:

Northman
10-14-2009, 05:51 AM

Yea, i never understood those arguements. If this was the same defense from last year all we would be hearing is how bad the defense is and how great Romo and Brady are for throwing up 10 TD's a game. Its been 4 weeks straight that this defense has shut their opponent out. Maybe they aint the 85' Bears or 00' Ravens but its a HUGE improvement from last year and a major part of our success this year. Add in the fact that although Orton has missed some receivers he has taken care of the ball and allowed the rest of the team to carry him. Thats ok though in my book, let the critics and other teams keep thinking we suck because the more they overlook us the more successful we will be this year. I think both the Cowboys and Patriots themselves will tell you this team is for real.

TXBRONC
10-14-2009, 08:22 AM
Yea, i never understood those arguements. If this was the same defense from last year all we would be hearing is how bad the defense is and how great Romo and Brady are for throwing up 10 TD's a game. Its been 4 weeks straight that this defense has shut their opponent out. Maybe they aint the 85' Bears or 00' Ravens but its a HUGE improvement from last year and a major part of our success this year. Add in the fact that although Orton has missed some receivers he has taken care of the ball and allowed the rest of the team to carry him. Thats ok though in my book, let the critics and other teams keep thinking we suck because the more they overlook us the more successful we will be this year. I think both the Cowboys and Patriots themselves will tell you this team is for real.

There sure are a lot of Patriot and Charger fans that haven't moved beyond 2008. I looked in on a Patriots message board of coarse to many of their fans their team's loss was do their mistakes and the referees.

Then there's the fans of the Chargers. Again not all of them but many of them believe the Chargers are facing the same team they saw in 2008. There are bunch of them that are assuming that Denver will have mid season slide and that their team will just take off.

I think for the most part Denver's opponents wont take them lightly. If I were to place a bet on just one team that would be tempted to take Denver for granted it would be the Chargers because of how badly we've been beaten by them over the last the three years.

Bronco Warrior
10-14-2009, 09:08 AM
So we won because two of the leagues poster boys suck? :woot: When we win this week is it going to be because Phyllis Rivers Sucks? Oh and Merriman isn't healthy? lol..what about the start of the season? was he healthy then? Or LT? they got man handled by Oakland! Are you kidding me..Oakland?

Shazam!
10-14-2009, 09:17 AM
Once upon a time the Broncos would've gotten destroyed by a team who plays as physical as the Cowboys.

I love how when the 'tough' part of the schedule begins, to some these teams are nothing... now, now that Denver laid them to rest.

These SD fans must really play with themselves a lot. Sure, SD needs the game more obviously, but if they think the Broncos' success is some sort of imaginary fantasy and it's going to be a cakewalk, they're in for a big letdown on Monday.

After all the blowouts at SD, Denver is due for a helluva performance, and after all of SD's success in the AFCW, they're due for not only a setback, but to take a backseat.

Denver is the hot team and if things start out slow for SD, frustration will kick in.

Every year the Phone Chargers and their stupid fans think the AFCW and the AFCCG should be simply handed to them.

The have become some of the most arrogant fans in the NFL.

SD had their chance. The Broncos are due.

Bronco Warrior
10-14-2009, 09:36 AM
the Chargers have a losing record over all and a horrendous playoff record and their own city won't give them permission to build a stadium to replace QueerCom, and they have blackouts and owe back rent all the way back to 2003 ($170,000 for '03 alone) and half their team has either been Charged with in a criminal complaint (and the DA declines to prosecute) convicted of multiple DUI's (Jacks some) or have been shot for playing gangster! Savor this game it will be the last away game against the CHARGES before they move to LA!

broncofaninfla
10-14-2009, 09:46 AM
The Broncos have improved with each game this season. If that trend continues, we beat the Chargers Monday night in San Diego.......

Bronco Warrior
10-14-2009, 10:26 AM
We'll beat the Chargers and the doubters will find a way to predict we lose during the bye week! LOL!

sacmar
10-14-2009, 10:34 AM
Screw the chargers and thier raider-esqe posts. Even the retards registered there are trolls.

Shazam!
10-14-2009, 10:35 AM
The past three seasons on the road against San Diego, all losses, the Broncos have been blown out for a combined score of 123-44.

Pathetic.

The more I am thinking about this, the more optimistic I am that Denver will win this game.

The difference? In all of those years, the Broncos had no kind of defense worth anything.

CoachChaz
10-14-2009, 10:50 AM
I'm just going to keep my mouth shut until we prove it

Shazam!
10-14-2009, 10:57 AM
Will the Broncos win?

Maybe not, in fact they're due for a loss after winning 5.

Are they due for a Win there?

Yep.

Will they get blown out?

Nope.

At least they won't lay down and die like they did @ Invesco in 2007.

GEM
10-14-2009, 10:59 AM
Once upon a time the Broncos would've gotten destroyed by a team who plays as physical as the Cowboys.

I love how when the 'tough' part of the schedule begins, to some these teams are nothing... now, now that Denver laid them to rest.

These SD fans must really play with themselves a lot. Sure, SD needs the game more obviously, but if they think the Broncos' success is some sort of imaginary fantasy and it's going to be a cakewalk, they're in for a big letdown on Monday.

After all the blowouts at SD, Denver is due for a helluva performance, and after all of SD's success in the AFCW, they're due for not only a setback, but to take a backseat.

Denver is the hot team and if things start out slow for SD, frustration will kick in.

Every year the Phone Chargers and their stupid fans think the AFCW and the AFCCG should be simply handed to them.

The have become some of the most arrogant fans in the NFL.

SD had their chance. The Broncos are due.

I guess after decade upon decade of sucktitude, 3 good years are enough to inflate the ego...even if at the end of those 3 years their trophy case is just as empty as the year before.

TXBRONC
10-14-2009, 11:20 AM
I guess we should just take with a grain of salt. No smacking talking fans has ever won a game for their team that I'm aware of.

Bronco Warrior
10-14-2009, 11:27 AM
I agree, but I don't think LT is same running back he was two years ago.

And we won't face one this week either! LT is a joke..washed up!

Lonestar
10-14-2009, 11:42 AM
The past three seasons on the road against San Diego, all losses, the Broncos have been blown out for a combined score of 123-44.

Pathetic.

The more I am thinking about this, the more optimistic I am that Denver will win this game.

The difference? In all of those years, the Broncos had no kind of defense worth anything.

We also had a QB that had rivers and their DL in his head.

He is a Bear now.

He choked during bolts games. Of course our D sucked but jay did not have stellar games against them.

Brand
10-14-2009, 12:14 PM

Best points of all......

jrelway
10-14-2009, 12:37 PM
And we won't face one this week either! LT is a joke..washed up!

cant count out sproles and LT. they always end up jackin us up so we'll have to wait and see. I know this is a new team with a new defense but im not saying anything to anger the football gods.

T.K.O.
10-14-2009, 01:33 PM
i will say we now have a team much better suited to face the bolts.
in recent years we got into shootouts,which played to sd's strengths,allowing rivers to get in a groove and wearing down our defense.
the key this year has been ball control and sustained drives by our offense,keeping the D fresh and off the field.
it will play a huge part on monday if we can continue doing that.
the bolts have a great passing game and have always run the ball well against us( lt might be drooling at the chance to get another record setting game)but again this is not last years team.
i am optomistic about our chances against them for the 1st time in a looooooong time!:salute:

broncofaninfla
10-14-2009, 02:12 PM
i will say we now have a team much better suited to face the bolts.
in recent years we got into shootouts,which played to sd's strengths,allowing rivers to get in a groove and wearing down our defense.
the key this year has been ball control and sustained drives by our offense,keeping the D fresh and off the field.
it will play a huge part on monday if we can continue doing that.
the bolts have a great passing game and have always run the ball well against us( lt might be drooling at the chance to get another record setting game)but again this is not last years team.
i am optomistic about our chances against them for the 1st time in a looooooong time!:salute:

Agreed, we now have a defense which allows the offense to be more effective and stick to a game plan.

Lonestar
10-14-2009, 02:36 PM
Agreed, we now have a defense which allows the offense to be more effective and stick to a game plan.

conversely we now have a Offense that allows the defense to stick to its game plan..

hey we got a TEAM again..not just a rocket armed offense..

Northman
10-14-2009, 04:01 PM
There sure are a lot of Patriot and Charger fans that haven't moved beyond 2008. I looked in on a Patriots message board of coarse to many of their fans their team's loss was do their mistakes and the referees.

Then there's the fans of the Chargers. Again not all of them but many of them believe the Chargers are facing the same team they saw in 2008. There are bunch of them that are assuming that Denver will have mid season slide and that their team will just take off.

I think for the most part Denver's opponents wont take them lightly. If I were to place a bet on just one team that would be tempted to take Denver it would be the Chargers because of how badly we've been beaten by over the last the three years.

I agree. I would even say that even if we lose to SD it wont be a blowout. I said the same thing when we went to the SB vs the Packers. Everyone thought it was going to be the same Denver team that got blown out 3 times prior to that. But we all knew that with TD and the defensive scheme it was going to be a lot closer one way or the other. I see nothing different here in terms of being far more competitive than we have been the last few outings with SD. If SD is going to win on Monday Night they will have to earn it a little harder and just possibly be on the losing end.

Lonestar
10-14-2009, 04:21 PM
I see that Warhorse it over there duking it out with them..:salute:

http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?p=2677067&posted=1#post2677067

TXBRONC
10-14-2009, 04:36 PM
I agree. I would even say that even if we lose to SD it wont be a blowout. I said the same thing when we went to the SB vs the Packers. Everyone thought it was going to be the same Denver team that got blown out 3 times prior to that. But we all knew that with TD and the defensive scheme it was going to be a lot closer one way or the other. I see nothing different here in terms of being far more competitive than we have been the last few outings with SD. If SD is going to win on Monday Night they will have to earn it a little harder and just possibly be on the losing end.

If the Broncos should lose to the Chargers by no means do I think our season is over because no matter what happens Denver is still in a position to make the playoffs.

Day1BroncoFan
10-14-2009, 04:56 PM
Either way the chargirls are still playing catch up.

Bronco Warrior
10-14-2009, 07:56 PM
Recently the guy who has hurt us in the backfield is Sproles. We didn't have the tackling skill and the speed to keep him under control like we do now. How many backs have been able to get wide on us with any success? Sproles isn't going up the middle on us with DJ and BDawk waiting for him! :woot:

TXBRONC
10-14-2009, 10:40 PM
Recently the guy who has hurt us in the backfield is Sproles. We didn't have the tackling skill and the speed to keep him under control like we do now. How many backs have been able to get wide on us with any success? Sproles isn't going up the middle on us with DJ and BDawk waiting for him! :woot:

Not only that but Sproles has hurt us badly in the return game. I hope our coverage units and keep him in check.

jhildebrand
10-15-2009, 11:38 PM
This game worries me a bit. I don't know if it is because the Chuggers have whooped us in recent years or what. I am having a hard time getting a good feel for this game.

I think in our favor is Orton is cool under pressure and behind, he is a STUD in the 4th quarter and in the Red Zone, we have a running game, a defense.

What worries me is Rivers can wing it around the field, deep, and will test Champ! Sproles worries me in the return game, they had an extra week to prepare, and there will be a lot of energy, excitement, and pressure to jump up big on us.

That being said the keys to this game will be:
Prater kicking touchbacks
Orton and Company playing keep away and wearing the d down
no turnovers
Whether the EARLY STORM!

slim
10-15-2009, 11:41 PM

LOL, that is the worst analysis I have ever heard.

Shanny's defense was always built on speed (and nothing but speed)...just so you know.

Shazam!
10-15-2009, 11:54 PM
You can't take a single thing from any SD/Denver game of the last 3 years to use as a reference to Monday's game. Nothing will be comparable.

slim
10-15-2009, 11:56 PM
You can't take a single thing from any SD/Denver game of the last 3 years to use as a reference to Monday's game. Nothing will be comparable.

Well, Norv is still in SD...so I think we can say that the coaching on the other sideline will be subpar.

TXBRONC
10-16-2009, 07:48 AM
This game worries me a bit. I don't know if it is because the Chuggers have whooped us in recent years or what. I am having a hard time getting a good feel for this game.

I think in our favor is Orton is cool under pressure and behind, he is a STUD in the 4th quarter and in the Red Zone, we have a running game, a defense.

What worries me is Rivers can wing it around the field, deep, and will test Champ! Sproles worries me in the return game, they had an extra week to prepare, and there will be a lot of energy, excitement, and pressure to jump up big on us.

no turnovers
Whether the EARLY STORM!

I know it plays in the back of mind what the Chargers have done to the Broncos over the last three years, but I also know that this team is a lot different than the one that has faced the Chargers over the last three years.

SoCalImport
10-16-2009, 08:17 AM
Rivers can wing it around the field, deep, and will test Champ!

God I hope so!! that would be great!!:beer:

This isn't last years secondary, and if Rivers trys holding onto the ball while something develops? He'll be digging the turf out of his teeth.

TXBRONC
10-16-2009, 08:51 AM
God I hope so!! that would be great!!:beer:

This isn't last years secondary, and if Rivers trys holding onto the ball while something develops? He'll be digging the turf out of his teeth.

If I have heard correctly the Chargers offensive line has not been doing a great job of protecting him.

SmilinAssasSin27
10-17-2009, 04:31 PM
The Chargers are the Chargers. They are a bunch of UNDERachievers who own the Colts, so it appears that they are actually legit...even though we all know they aren't over the long haul. They are very talented, but some of that talent has a me-first attitude. And the coaching sucks. However, they are still dangerous. They CAN beat anyone. They just usually don't when it matters. SD did own Shanny over the past few years, but Shanny is gone now...and or D actually comes to play. This one should be interesting.

TXBRONC
10-17-2009, 07:03 PM
The Chargers are the Chargers. They are a bunch of UNDERachievers who own the Colts, so it appears that they are actually legit...even though we all know they aren't over the long haul. They are very talented, but some of that talent has a me-first attitude. And the coaching sucks. However, they are still dangerous. They CAN beat anyone. They just usually don't when it matters. SD did own Shanny over the past few years, but Shanny is gone now...and or D actually comes to play. This one should be interesting.

The coaching in my opinion is their biggest problem. Marty has his problems in the playoffs but his teams were tough.

BCJ
10-17-2009, 07:25 PM
LOL, that is the worst analysis I have ever heard.

Shanny's defense was always built on speed (and nothing but speed)...just so you know.

then we had no excuse not to stop Sproles. Speed isnt everything. You need to know where to go, tackle and not be off the line of scrimmage 10 yards when it is 3rd and 2.

Broncogator
10-17-2009, 07:30 PM
Looking forward to going back on Tuesday morning!!

TXBRONC
10-19-2009, 11:18 PM
Bumping for laughs. :lol:

LRtagger
10-19-2009, 11:32 PM
LOLERS

http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=72600

AgentOrange
10-19-2009, 11:34 PM
Delusional

http://forums.chargers.com/showpost.php?p=2688777&postcount=2139

LawDog
10-19-2009, 11:36 PM
You lost biatches, deal with it.

camdisco24
10-19-2009, 11:37 PM
Delusional

BAHAHAHAHA

Delusional is just one of the many things that post is.

Bronco Fan ---->:hahaha: :mad: <---- Charger Fan

KCL
10-19-2009, 11:39 PM
Delusional

Yea that is a pretty good post...SD played well but not good enough...I hate when people start blaming the refs when their team loses...on second thought maybe that's why the Chiefs are 1-5...:lol:

good as in laughable

TXBRONC
10-19-2009, 11:41 PM
Delusional

Pathetic. The better team did win.

scott.475
10-20-2009, 12:05 AM
Honestly, they still have good talent on that team. If they bring in a real coach that really knew how to coach all phases we could really be in trouble again.

That being said, I am going be wearing my "gleam" for a while after tonight! What a sweet win!

dogfish
10-20-2009, 12:06 AM
I wish Tom Cable would punch Norv in the face.

:spit: :pound: :rofl:

scott.475
10-20-2009, 12:13 AM
:spit: :pound: :rofl:

Did you see the Raiduh's game yesterday? I thought he was going to punch a ref in the face...he actually drew a 15 yard penalty for his team! Now THAT is Raiduh's football! I was actually kind of hoping he would throw a punch...how cool would that be to see on national TV? Then the COACH would be suspended! Geez, I would love to see that and I just know Cable is the guy!

Medford Bronco
10-20-2009, 12:15 AM

smart post and agreed. This team is so different that last years team

No Slowbrain
and no turnover maching at QB

Think Dumervil likes the 3-4 :defense:

Overtime
10-20-2009, 12:17 AM
the Chargers forum is in utter pandemonium right now. they have 2 pages of brand new threads,with nothing but panic and jumping off the bandwagon.

Devilspawn
10-20-2009, 12:42 AM
Did you see the Raiduh's game yesterday? I thought he was going to punch a ref in the face...he actually drew a 15 yard penalty for his team! Now THAT is Raiduh's football! I was actually kind of hoping he would throw a punch...how cool would that be to see on national TV? Then the COACH would be suspended! Geez, I would love to see that and I just know Cable is the guy!
As long as we break rules, jaws and other random cartilage, with inane or insane swagger, I'm fine with it. :)

Devilspawn
10-20-2009, 12:50 AM
You think we have it tough? Think about Raiders fans..

We have it tougher IMHO. They have 3 rings. We have none.
Hearty chuckles aplenty.

shank
10-20-2009, 01:05 AM
Norv vs. Ham Sandwich

it's a poll.

haha 2-43

topscribe
10-20-2009, 01:07 AM
Here's a good one:

We would have won if Denver had a horrible GM that built a team with no oline or dline....Aj made it easy on the broncsYup. They would have won also if the Broncos didn't have Champ Bailey, Brian
Dawkins, D.J. Williams, Elvis Dumervil, Tony Scheffler, Fast Eddie Royal, BMarsh,
Stokley, Clady, Harris, Kuper, and Orton. :lol:

-----

CraigHwk
10-20-2009, 09:51 AM
I just read 200 pages of their game day thread and I enjoyed every moment of it. :D :elefant:

scott.475
10-20-2009, 09:53 AM
the Chargers forum is in utter pandemonium right now. they have 2 pages of brand new threads,with nothing but panic and jumping off the bandwagon.

http://members.cox.net/renegade_sith3/miscjunk/sw5-darth-vader.jpg

The destruction of the resistance is nearly complete...

GEM
10-20-2009, 11:34 AM
Their players play to comfort levels. They are missing a key ingredient...heart.

pnbronco
10-20-2009, 01:40 PM
Their players play to comfort levels. They are missing a key ingredient...heart.

Well put Gem. IMO that's Coach McD has done for our players and reminded them that they play for each other.

I remember when Champ did not pass the physical the first day my first thought was wow this guy means business...team first. I swear I have cried at the end of every game, not because of the win but because of everything they went through and their perseverance to make it a team effort every single week.

Superchop 7
10-20-2009, 01:51 PM
Somebody please leave the following on the Chargers forum.......

"Elvis has left the building"

Lonestar
10-20-2009, 02:16 PM
Well put Gem. IMO that's Coach McD has done for our players and reminded them that they play for each other.

I remember when Champ did not pass the physical the first day my first thought was wow this guy means business...team first. I swear I have cried at the end of every game, not because of the win but because of everything they went through and their perseverance to make it a team effort every single week.

I think there was a hi-lite shown during the game last half I think, where they showed the Players running sprints at the end of the day drills.. and then they comment about us being in better shape than anyone else..

all that crap in the spring they took about being in shape is playing off big time now..

can anyone imagine if we had a player of Wilfork caliber in the middle at NT.. instead of a hand me down now body that had never started a game..

the only thing that scares me is how long can this group continue playing over their heads..

I can not believe a team could be so emotionally high and wound up so tight as we have been over the past 4 weeks for sure if not all year..

can we do that all year without it takng a HUGE toll on the players..

broncophan
10-20-2009, 02:21 PM
I think there was a hi-lite shown during the game last half I think, where they showed the Players running sprints at the end of the day drills.. and then they comment about us being in better shape than anyone else..

all that crap in the spring they took about being in shape is playing off big time now..

can anyone imagine if we had a player of Wilfork caliber in the middle at NT.. instead of a hand me down now body that had never started a game..

the only thing that scares me is how long can this group continue playing over their heads..

I can not believe a team could be so emotionally high and wound up so tight as we have been over the past 4 weeks for sure if not all year..

can we do that all year without it takng a HUGE toll on the players..

I have thought about that as well.....and think of Coughlin with the Giants.......I remember 3 or 4 years ago.....and the players kind of turned against him....saying he was too strict etc.........he met with the players and admitted fault and changed his coaching style etc........

Dreadnought
10-20-2009, 02:27 PM

Don't diss my man Fields, Jr. I'm not even sure we'd be any better. The guy may have just needed his shot. Anyways, he's playing like a man possessed, and our middle is stout like nothing we've seen in Years. Maybe the tandem of Warren/Pryce early in this decade. Maybe. Fields doesn't give an inch and he makes plays on top of it. A Hell of a find

GEM
10-20-2009, 02:52 PM
Every time I hear the name Wilforks I think of his beached whale celebratory flop last week. :puke:

powderaddict
10-20-2009, 02:59 PM
I love the "If they don't score 2 ST TD's we win" :lol:

I guess you're only allowed to discount Denver ST TD's, and not sparkler ST TD's :lol:

Dreadnought
10-20-2009, 03:07 PM
Every time I hear the name Wilforks I think of his beached whale celebratory flop last week. :puke:

Seriously, my 8 year old asked me how come a big fat guy like that can play sports after she saw him in the Denver game

MileHighCrew
10-20-2009, 03:07 PM
I love the "If they don't score 2 ST TD's we win" :lol:

I guess you're only allowed to discount Denver ST TD's, and not sparkler ST TD's :lol:

I bet if we didn't score any points at all they would have won too?:shocked:

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
10-20-2009, 03:42 PM
LOLERS

http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=72600

I appreciate all the years of exciting football the San Diego Chargers and you fans have given me over the years. Having said that, I am informing everyone that after 15 years of being a diehard fan and never missing a game or play, I am officially giving up on this team. I became a fan of this team during the 1995 season and have followed the team religiously since then. I am not from San Diego nor do I currently live there, I began following this team because I became interested in them at an early age, however I am finally admitting to what everyone has been telling me after all these years.....This team is cursed. Wether its because of the city or some other unforeseen reason, I don't know why, but I honestly believe this team will be in LA in 2 years anyway. Good luck to all of you who have and will continue to stick with this team. I wish you guys the best! Please do not say I am jumping the bandwagon, because that is unfair due the amount of time, energy, and money I have dumped into this team. I have decided to make my new favorite team the Atlanta Falcons.

That first post is disgraceful. I haven't read the other posts yet but I hope they give him shit. How anyone can just change teams? 15 years of a diehard fan? I wonder how old he is and if he is older than say 25 I wonder who he was a die hard fan of before the Chargers.

honz
10-20-2009, 04:43 PM
Don't diss my man Fields, Jr. I'm not even sure we'd be any better. The guy may have just needed his shot. Anyways, he's playing like a man possessed, and our middle is stout like nothing we've seen in Years. Maybe the tandem of Warren/Pryce early in this decade. Maybe. Fields doesn't give an inch and he makes plays on top of it. A Hell of a find
I don't think Fields has the explosiveness to be an elite NT like Jenkins, Williams, Haynesworth, Wilfork, etc., but the dude is indeed plugging up the middle like a beast. He's never going to just explode through people and blow up play in the backfield consistently, but in this scheme he doesn't have to.

TXBRONC
10-20-2009, 04:52 PM

He's doing everything that a nose tackle is suppose to do.

jhildebrand
10-22-2009, 01:24 PM

no turnovers
Whether the EARLY STORM!

Well, Prater wasn't kicking touchbacks. I think he was going for hang time or was instructed to.

Orton and company did play keep away. It doesn't seem like it. However, when you look at the TOP for the game we had almost 31 minutes to their 29. Seems even until you account for two return TD's.

The only early storm was the midfield bull crap at the beginning.

BroncoWave
10-22-2009, 01:28 PM
Well, Prater wasn't kicking touchbacks. I think he was going for hang time or was instructed to.

I highly doubt this, because most of his kickoffs have been returned past the 20, so it would make no sense to instruct him to keep doing this. It seems to me that, just like last season, he is losing leg strength as the season goes on, which is very worrisome. Also remember that on that 52 yarder he missed, the ball barely got to the crossbar. There's just no excuse for that.

jhildebrand
10-22-2009, 01:32 PM
I highly doubt this, because most of his kickoffs have been returned past the 20, so it would make no sense to instruct him to keep doing this. It seems to me that, just like last season, he is losing leg strength as the season goes on, which is very worrisome. Also remember that on that 52 yarder he missed, the ball barely got to the crossbar. There's just no excuse for that.

I thought the same thing as well initially. I rewatched the game and it seemed more like hang time to me. His kicks were coming down about the 6 but we always had a defender right there. I think that was the call to corral Sproles, Cro or whomever SD wanted to return kicks.

I do worry about Prater though. The guy dind't have a kicking coach in college. He is all raw talent but he should be more polished by now. The leg strength is weird too. He admitted to losing it last season but week 6 seems early.

Even more worrisome to me is we brought in Mitch Berger for a work out. I would think if we were working out a kicker it would be a K and not a P.

TXBRONC
10-22-2009, 05:12 PM
I was eyeballing the Chargers message board that Carol gave us a link to and found this:

http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/norvaway.htm

Lonestar
10-22-2009, 06:04 PM
San Defeato, their new name.. instead of the dolts..

Brand
10-22-2009, 06:14 PM
If the chieves were to defeat the chuggers, how long would Norv be in the shower?

TXBRONC
10-22-2009, 06:26 PM
If the chieves were to defeat the chuggers, how long would Norv be in the shower?

I'm not one to think about grown men taking a shower.

gobroncsnv
10-22-2009, 08:59 PM
I thought the same thing as well initially. I rewatched the game and it seemed more like hang time to me. His kicks were coming down about the 6 but we always had a defender right there.

Did you watch him and his approach to the kickoffs? (glad we had so many!) He didn't approach "soccer" style, but straight on. He was sacrificing distance for height. Changed his style for Sproles.

TXBRONC
10-22-2009, 09:17 PM
Did anyone notice that Kern was trying to pin Sporles to the sidelines with all his punts?

Lonestar
10-22-2009, 09:26 PM
hey folks it is no surprise that we now actually have real coaches for Special teams.. and they expect more than just getting onto the field on time for their assignments..