PDA

View Full Version : Whats our Biggest Challenge this Season??

camdisco24
10-12-2009, 12:59 PM
Five games in and we're 5-0! Its a great start but we have a long way to go. We have beat all types of teams when it comes to skill level. No matter what, I think we will be in every game until the end. However, looking at our schedule, we have some really quality teams coming up. I want to know what everyone thinks our biggest challenge is for the rest of the season? Which team is going to give is the biggest run for our money?

Here's my predictions:
Ravens: Very tough D, offense will have to work hard to win this one.
Giants: One of the best teams in the NFL, this Turkey day game will be no walk in the park.
Colts: Manning has been tough this year, if our D can shut him down, we'll play them tough.
Eagles: I think this will be a great hard fought game, Dawkins will be pumped for it, thats for sure.

Surprise game of the year: We blow out the Steelers on Monday night Football when everyone is watching. :defense:

I think we'll do fine against the Chargers, KC shouldnt be an issue, and neither will the Redskins or the second game against the Raiders. :coffee:

Whats everyone elses take on the rest of the season!?!?!
:cool:

Slick
10-12-2009, 01:03 PM
For me it starts with the Chargers. I care more about this game than I did the New England game. I'm glad we have an extra day of rest and preparation going into San Diego.

Beat the Chargers, please.

Poet
10-12-2009, 01:09 PM
Your biggest challenge will end up being that week one matchup.

OoooOOoOoOoOOoooh HOMER TIME!!!!

Pittsburgh and the Ravens will be tough games for you. The hardest game for you will be Indy. They have a knack for crushing defensive juggernauts in the regular season. Now if you meet them in the postseason...

Reidman
10-12-2009, 01:09 PM
For me it starts with the Chargers. I care more about this game than I did the New England game. I'm glad we have an extra day of rest and preparation going into San Diego.

COuldn't agree more. No matter HOW they've played, they always seem to play us tough.

However, I'm starting to think our toughest game so far this season was against the Bengals...

Day1BroncoFan
10-12-2009, 01:10 PM
Our biggest challenge is staying healthy and winning games. :D

SmilinAssasSin27
10-12-2009, 01:10 PM
I fear Indy, Philly and NYG the most. They are the most well rounded squads.

camdisco24
10-12-2009, 01:23 PM

Yes, I agree. Rivers seems to kick it into another gear against us. I have no doubt they will play us tough, but i think the 2nd half they will fall apart. That being said, in yesterday's game we left some guys (Moss, Welker) wide open a few times and got lucky Brady over/under threw them. If we let guys like Gates or Jackson get open all day we will be in big trouble. Hopefully thats what they work on this week because thats how SD wins, they go big with Rivers.

No one should think the SD game will be easy, it wont be, but I think we have the D to take care of them. IMO.

SmilinAssasSin27
10-12-2009, 01:48 PM
SD is a mess right now. Rivers was great vs the OLD us. He has yet to play the new us. Their D is a trainwreck. The bye will help them though. I still think we split.

Poet
10-12-2009, 01:52 PM
SD is a mess right now. Rivers was great vs the OLD us. He has yet to play the new us. Their D is a trainwreck. The bye will help them though. I still think we split.

If you guys beat them this week I think you split.

The one thing that they have for them is that your defense may not have a good answer for Antonio Gates.

I think Sproles will get crushed.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
10-12-2009, 02:04 PM
Indy will be a hell of a test and I expect a tough fought game against Eli and the Giants but I think that this team has the ability to take care of anyone if they play up to their potential from what I've seen so far early this season. Certainly have the Philly game circled.

Perhaps the most important thing for the Broncos is to make sure they remain focused and properly prepare for teams like KC, Washington and Oakland (in their final match up) regardless of their record at any point this season. I'd like to see that pedal put to the metal regardless of the opponent, there are no free bingo spaces on the card and every W is imperative. Can't be letting bottom of the barrel teams take away "W's".

But I'd have to say Indy is the biggest challenge.

Slick
10-12-2009, 03:34 PM
Yes, I agree. Rivers seems to kick it into another gear against us. I have no doubt they will play us tough, but i think the 2nd half they will fall apart. That being said, in yesterday's game we left some guys (Moss, Welker) wide open a few times and got lucky Brady over/under threw them. If we let guys like Gates or Jackson get open all day we will be in big trouble. Hopefully thats what they work on this week because thats how SD wins, they go big with Rivers.

No one should think the SD game will be easy, it wont be, but I think we have the D to take care of them. IMO.

We did okay against Whitten, and I think him and Gates are basically the same talent.

The Chargers not only have beaten us, they have physically kicked our asses for a few seasons now.

The memory of sitting in hotel room in Brownsville Texas, seeing Phyllis Rivers smiling and laughing as the Chargers hung 52 on us...I'd like that memory erased from my head.

NightTrainLayne
10-12-2009, 03:45 PM
Our biggest challenge will be avoiding looking past the next game.

We've gone from a big chunk of the board claiming that we'd be 3-13 (wrong), to now already counting 4 games (KC twice, Oak, Wash) as "automatic" wins.

It will become a much more difficult challenge if we keep on winning, but the biggest challenge will be in not looking ahead and concentrating on one opponenet at a time.

soonerjh
10-12-2009, 03:54 PM
biggest challenge right now is to beat the crap out of the Chargers!

T.K.O.
10-12-2009, 04:04 PM
We did okay against Whitten, and I think him and Gates are basically the same talent.

The Chargers not only have beaten us, they have physically kicked our asses for a few seasons now.

The memory of sitting in hotel room in Brownsville Texas, seeing Phyllis Rivers smiling and laughing as the Chargers hung 52 on us...I'd like that memory erased from my head.

i remember going into that week knowing the division was on the line....knowing we had blown 2 chances of locking it up.....and worst of all KNOWING we were gonna get our asses whipped...i hated that feeling more than watching it happen.
that being said i will go into this week KNOWING we should be able to win the game!
i like it much better this way:D

T.K.O.
10-12-2009, 04:08 PM

We've gone from a big chunk of the board claiming that we'd be 3-13 (wrong), to now already counting 4 games (KC twice, Oak, Wash) as "automatic" wins.

It will become a much more difficult challenge if we keep on winning, but the biggest challenge will be in not looking ahead and concentrating on one opponenet at a time.

we may look past oakland or kc a little,but not likely since we have video evidence from last season that anything can happen.
but i am damn sure mcd and nolan will have this team absolutely more prepared and fired up for the bolts than any other team this season !
the broncos know if they can stretch this run to 6-0 and then a bye week,it will take another monumental collapse to blow the division title this year !
and i dont see that happening again!

this game is likely the most important game of the regular season for the broncos!!!!!
GO :defense:

Slick
10-12-2009, 04:10 PM
i remember going into that week knowing the division was on the line....knowing we had blown 2 chances of locking it up.....and worst of all KNOWING we were gonna get our asses whipped...i hated that feeling more than watching it happen.
that being said i will go into this week KNOWING we should be able to win the game!
i like it much better this way:D

All of that , plus the previous few encounters with that team made it all the more worse. i feel god about our chances as well. I want this one, bad.

NightTrainLayne
10-12-2009, 04:11 PM
we may look past oakland or kc a little,but not likely since we have video evidence from last season that anything can happen.
but i am damn sure mcd and nolan will have this team absolutely more prepared and fired up for the bolts than any other team this season !
the broncos know if they can stretch this run to 6-0 and then a bye week,it will take another monumental collapse to blow the division title this year !
and i dont see that happening again!

this game is likely the most important game of the regular season for the broncos!!!!!
GO :defense:

No doubt this is the most important game we've played so far this season.

MHCBill
10-12-2009, 04:13 PM
The Eagles are a FRAUD!!!

They're 3-1 with wins againt Carolina, KC, and Tampa Bay. Those three teams collectively have 1 win.

Of course they can't help who they have to play, but the only quality team they've played spanked them... New Orleans, in Philly no less.

The Eagles will end up 9-7 and scrambling for a playoff spot.

Lonestar
10-12-2009, 04:18 PM

well the bolts are coming off their bye week so should be all rested and healed.. so our extra day does not mean much..

I think all the teams coming up are beatable, less so now that we are 5-0 they will not be looking past us to their next division game..

I vote for Josh's method of only worrying and planing for the next game as it is the most important one on the schedule..

I think Josh has everyones attention now and they now have faith in him to get stuff done and believe they can do it..

I suspect last years team did not have that same faith..

LRtagger
10-12-2009, 04:18 PM
I think this next game and the Thanksgiving Day game will be the toughest games of the season.

With SD coming off their bye, it will be even tougher. We are lucky to have an additional day to prepare. Our biggest problem on D this year has been the screen pass and thinking about Sproles catching screens scares me....not to mention this is in SD. I feel a lot better about the game in Denver. However, we are coming off a huge win and emotions are high, so chances are the guys will come out fired up...especially the guys who were on the team that got embarassed last season.

The NYG game I am worried about because they are the best team in the league and we are playing on a short week.

camdisco24
10-12-2009, 04:20 PM

I dont think any win in the NFL is an automatic, but im giving my predictions based on how we have played, and how we SHOULD play from here on out. This team has serious potential and we have a coach that clearly knows how to get guys ready for different types of opponents... at least it seems like we do as of now. I dont see an epic choke in our future like last year. If we continue mistake free football (that means NO punt return penalties) we can play with the best of them, im very confident in saying that.

KCL
10-12-2009, 04:25 PM
Well I guess you should hope that SD doesn't catch up with you (yes it could happen)...with your games against the Chiefs very late in the season...and it isn't uncommon for the Chiefs (as crappy as they are) to win the home game against Denver...we could be a spoiler team...of course you may have the division already wrapped up by then...am I making sense? :D

underrated29
10-12-2009, 04:26 PM
Going undefeated will be our biggest challenge of the season....

That is all.

camdisco24
10-12-2009, 04:30 PM
Well I guess you should hope that SD doesn't catch up with you (yes it could happen)...with your games against the Chiefs very late in the season...and it isn't uncommon for the Chiefs (as crappy as they are) to win the home game against Denver...we could be a spoiler team...of course you may have the division already wrapped up by then...am I making sense? :D

Cheifs looked good yesterday, so I might have to re-evaluate my opinion on them after the next few games. Either that or Dallas was awful. ;)

KCL
10-12-2009, 04:37 PM
Cheifs looked good yesterday, so I might have to re-evaluate my opinion on them after the next few games. Either that or Dallas was awful. ;)

Chiefs didn't look bad but it was our D that kept us in the game...and maybe Dallas was still hurting from their loss the week before...:laugh: