PDA

View Full Version : The most amazing stat about the broncos......

T.K.O.
10-12-2009, 12:22 PM
whith all the talk about marshall coming around,the great job mcD has done(and is doing)the apparent emergence of moreno as a great pick,solid (though perhaps not a highlight reel in the making)play of qb kyle orton and the incredible turn around of what was alaughing stock defese only a few months ago.
there is one fact that i did some checking on this morning,sure its incredible that our new D has only allowed 43 points in 5 games....but thats nothing.
the truly astonishing fact is that they have only allowed 7 point in 5 2nd halfs!
thats right after going to the locker room where other teams traditionally make adjustments to counter what the D is doing the broncos have given up a total of 1 touchdown.....no field goals..and that was 4 weeks ago
.thats not just a greatly improved defense ....thats history in the making!:salute:

OldschoolFreak
10-12-2009, 12:26 PM
I read somewhere opponents have only converted 2 3rd downs in the second half all season. Wow!

Edmonton Bronco Fan
10-12-2009, 12:27 PM
The fact that this stat is now backed by a reasonable example size (5 games) instead of just 2 or 3 performances tells me that this defense is for real and just doesn't shut down the Cleveland's and Oakland's of the NFL.

The fact that the D bend but never broke in the 2nd half of the Pats game was something else to watch. Big plays at timely times and very few missed assignments which has been the story of the Bronco's season thus far.

It's a hell of a lot of fun watching such a cohesive unit.

Tned
10-12-2009, 12:28 PM
I read somewhere opponents have only converted 2 3rd downs in the second half all season. Wow!

Yes, I was about to post this as a more amazing fact than the points allowed. Per Frank Schwab:

@fs3142 Insane stat -Den opponents are 2-31 on third down conversions in the second half. Den hasn't allowed a 2nd half 3rd down conv in THREE WEEKS

Tned
10-12-2009, 12:30 PM
A few more from Schwab:

@fs3142 Think of this-if Den beats KC twice, Oak and Wash, that's 9 wins. Go 3-4 in other games, that's 12-4. Kinda crazy in that context.Players

@fs3142 getting a From ESPN: Brady with no blitz: 18 of 26 for 209. Against blitz: 1 of 7 for 6 yards. Every team should be testing Brady from here on out

@fs3142 Per ESPN again, Orton vs. blitz: 13 of 17 for 122 yards.

Day1BroncoFan
10-12-2009, 12:31 PM
Broncos have out scored their opponent 59-7 (+52) in the second half.

Out gained them 1,158-501

Teams are 2 of 30 on third downs.

Got this from Watchthemiddle

underrated29
10-12-2009, 12:35 PM
WOW!!! i know i stated yesterday that i didnt think teams had scored on us after half time except the tigers.

But this.............

We should sticky this thread or something. That has to be some kind of a record one would think.

camdisco24
10-12-2009, 01:11 PM
Those stats make me smile
Thats really all I can say.

Reidman
10-12-2009, 01:20 PM
Right up there with the Balimore's and Chicago's of defense....this is awesome! And the offense actually looks like it's coming together...This is actually a playoff caliber team....wow, can't believe I said that 5 weeks into the season..