PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Christmas Movie Quotes

schnooks1
12-23-2007, 10:11 AM
:santaclaus:

Tis the season....
I love Christmas movies, and they are about to go back into the Christmas vault. I thought it would be fun to list favorite Christmas movies.. and a quote or two... and even add some trivia to make it fun!

My favorite movie:

It's a Wonderful Life (1946)

Quote: Every time a bell rings.. an Angel gets his wings: (Zuzu Bailey)

Quote: Remember, no man is a failure who has friends. (written by Clarence in the book he gave George)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NdilAFZoSs4&feature=related

Trivia:

Zuzu's name came from a box of Zuzu Ginger snaps

In 1947, an FBI analyst submitted, without comment, an addition to a running memo on "Communist infiltration of the motion picture industry," recording the opinion of an industry source who said that the film's "obvious" attempt to discredit bankers "is a common trick used by Communists."

George Bailey's two best friends were named: Bert and Ernie

The Bells of St. Mary's (1945) is showing at the movie house as George runs down the street in Bedford Falls. Henry Travers, who plays Clarence, the angel, starred in that film as Horace P. Bogardus.

The set for Bedford Falls was constructed in two months and was one of the longest sets that had ever been made for an American movie. It covered four acres of the RKO's Encino Ranch. It included 75 stores and buildings, main street, factory district and a large residential and slum area. The Main Street was 300 yards long, three whole city blocks!

James Stewart was nervous about the phone scene kiss because it was his first screen kiss since his return to Hollywood after the war. Under Frank Capra's watchful eye, Stewart filmed the scene in only one unrehearsed take, and it worked so well that part of the embrace was cut because it was too passionate to pass the censors.

Den21vsBal19
12-23-2007, 11:40 AM
To be honest, I've never really been a massive fan of the Christmas movie genre, even when I was a kid, sure I'd laugh at the Muppets, or National Lampoon's, but IMO, the Christmas Movie genre hit it's peak with this line

Oh man, I can't *expletive* believe this. Another basement, another elevator. How can the same thing happen to the same guy twice?

John McClane, Die Hard II ;)

schnooks1
12-23-2007, 11:51 AM
To be honest, I've never really been a massive fan of the Christmas movie genre, even when I was a kid, sure I'd laugh at the Muppets, or National Lampoon's, but IMO, the Christmas Movie genre hit it's peak with this line

Oh man, I can't *expletive* believe this. Another basement, another elevator. How can the same thing happen to the same guy twice?

John McClane, Die Hard II ;)

My Husbands favorite Christmas movies by far are the Die Hard!!!! movies!!!:D

Den21vsBal19
12-23-2007, 12:07 PM
My Husbands favorite Christmas movies by far are the Die Hard!!!! movies!!!:D
Closely followed by the Lethal Weapons ;)

At least it's not just me that counts them as Christmas films :laugh:

Snapping Turtle
12-23-2007, 12:49 PM
My favorite movie of ALL TIME is Its A Wonderful Life...and since it wasn't meant to be a Christmas film I suppose its ok that I watch it in mid-summer. :laugh:

I don't really even have a favorite quote from the movie, I just LOVE it. I love the little jokes throughout. But I don't think the movie would be complete without:

A toast to my big brother George: The richest man in town. --Harry Bailey

Of course this is one of my Dad's favorite movies ever and my last dinner at my house before I went to college, he looks at me and says "Last Dinner at the old Bailey boarding house" made me laugh a bit.

Skinny
12-23-2007, 01:21 PM
'Home Alone' I and II ... funny

'Jingle All The Way' I like Arnold ...

'A Christmas Story' Reminds me of me

'A Christmas Carol' Original with Alastair Sim and the one with George C. Scott

'Miracle On 34th Street' Classic version

'It's A Wonderful Life'

'National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation' Chevy Chase nuff said

'Scrooged' Chevy chase

'A Charlie Brown Christmas'

'Bad der Santa' Billy Bob Thornton

'The Santa Clause' Tim Allen

'Jack Frost' Micheal Keaton

O.K. i'm tired of thinkin ...

schnooks1
12-23-2007, 01:25 PM
'Home Alone' I and II ... funny

'Jingle All The Way' I like Arnold ...

'A Christmas Story' Reminds me of me

'A Christmas Carol' Original with Alastair Sim and the one with George C. Scott

'Miracle On 34th Street' Classic version

'It's A Wonderful Life'

'National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation' Chevy Chase nuff said

'Scrooged' Chevy chase

'A Charlie Brown Christmas'

'Bad der Santa' Billy Bob Thornton

'The Santa Clause' Tim Allen

'Jack Frost' Micheal Keaton

O.K. i'm tired of thinkin ...

WHOA you are one Christmas movie buff!! I like them all too! Although I have to say I never saw "Bad Santa". Not sure it sounds like something I would like??? I have to believe that Santa can only be good!!!!

Polar Express has to be added to my favorites too. I still hear the bells ring!!!!

My 8 year old can't understand how I can... cause I am soooooo OLD!!:laugh:

BroncoJoe
12-23-2007, 01:29 PM
My favorite is:

"Merry Christmas"

Movie: every single one!

Skinny
12-23-2007, 03:39 PM
I just seen the 'quote' part on the thread ... :laugh:

How about 'Merry Christmas!!!!!!' :heh:

Jody
12-23-2007, 05:18 PM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0039628/trailers-screenplay-E14005-310

My favorite is "Miracle on 34th Street" - the old 1947 version

It's corny, but effective. ;)

Broncos Mtnman
12-23-2007, 06:09 PM
A Christmas Carol (Scrooge - the George C. Scott version).

I don't really have a favorite quote. I just love the whole message of "redemption" that the movie has.

"God bless us, everyone."

claymore
12-23-2007, 06:12 PM
I like when Ralphy gets pushed in the snow when he is wearing his bundled up outfit.

Most popular saying? Has to be "Your gonna shoot your eye out".

NightTrainLayne
12-23-2007, 06:19 PM
It's getting quite Nipply in here. . .I mean Nippy"

Clark Griswold in Christmas Vacation, when trying to flirt with the attractive jewelry sales-lady.

Jody
12-23-2007, 06:23 PM
A Christmas Carol (Scrooge - the George C. Scott version).

I don't really have a favorite quote. I just love the whole message of "redemption" that the movie has.

"God bless us, everyone."

Good choice really, as this movie we can all relate to equally, no matter our age. We all have dreams, we all have regrets.
It shows us it's never too late to change or turn things around.

Poet
12-23-2007, 10:15 PM
The Muppet Christmas.

I loved it as a kid.

Watchthemiddle
12-23-2007, 11:42 PM
Todd:Hey Griswold. Where do you think you're gonna put a tree that big?
Clark: Bend over and I'll show you.
Todd: You've got a lot of nerve talking to me like that Griswold.
Clark: I wasn't talking to you.

:laugh:
And the list goes on with that movie...