PDA

View Full Version : Rapid Reaction: Broncos 20, Patriots 17 (OT)

TXBRONC
10-11-2009, 08:59 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/5042/rapid-reaction-broncos-20-patriots-17-ot

Rapid Reaction: Broncos 20, Patriots 17 (OT)

October 11, 2009 7:45 PM

Posted by ESPN.com’s Bill Williamson

DENVER -- Something special is going on in Denver, folks.

The Broncos just beat New England in overtime and first-year Broncos coach Josh McDaniels led a raucous celebration. McDaniels went near the stands, spurring the fans with wild fist pumping. Then, he jumped into the arms of his players. There's plenty to celebrate.

The Broncos are 5-0 and the NFL’s most compelling story.

After starting 3-0 against weaker competition, Denver overcame deficits to beat Dallas and New England.

The Broncos are for real and their exuberant 33-year-old coach is loving every minute of it.

topscribe
10-11-2009, 09:08 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/5042/rapid-reaction-broncos-20-patriots-17-ot

Rapid Reaction: Broncos 20, Patriots 17 (OT)

October 11, 2009 7:45 PM

Posted by ESPN.com’s Bill Williamson

DENVER -- Something special is going on in Denver, folks.

The Broncos just beat New England in overtime and first-year Broncos coach Josh McDaniels led a raucous celebration. McDaniels went near the stands, spurring the fans with wild fist pumping. Then, he jumped into the arms of his players. There's plenty to celebrate.

The Broncos are 5-0 and the NFL’s most compelling story.

After starting 3-0 against weaker competition, Denver overcame deficits to beat Dallas and New England.

The Broncos are for real and their exuberant 33-year-old coach is loving every minute of it.

I agree with everything, except I wouldn't consider Cincinnati so weak.

But I love McDaniel's enthusiasm!! :beer:

-----

Northman
10-11-2009, 09:09 PM
I agree with everything, except I wouldn't consider Cincinnati so weak.

But I love McDaniel's enthusiasm!! :beer:

-----

And add again the fact that we decimated both the Faid and Brownies.

gobroncsnv
10-11-2009, 09:11 PM
Neither would the Crows, Top...

Yeah, I think our first win this season told us more than we initially thought. Cincy is good. We held them down pretty good.

Dang, this feels SO GOOD!!!!! Loving it!

AgentOrange
10-11-2009, 09:20 PM
There's a meltdown going on in Patriot's fandom. Check out the comments at The Boston Herald (http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1203972&format=comments#CommentsArea)

Canmore
10-11-2009, 09:28 PM
Boy they are excited about their Pats.

NightTrainLayne
10-11-2009, 09:36 PM
Draft a replacement for Brady?

Geez. . .and WTE was talking about how crazy we Broncos fans get after a loss.

Dreadnought
10-11-2009, 09:42 PM
Draft a replacement for Brady?

Geez. . .and WTE was talking about how crazy we Broncos fans get after a loss.

No kidding - i'm not sure we've ever seen anything that stupid posted here, and thats saying something.

OaklandRaider doesn't count obviously

Denver Native (Carol)
10-11-2009, 09:43 PM
I really think that Coach McDaniels was more to NE than just the offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach, and I think you are seeing the results of him no longer there.

camdisco24
10-11-2009, 09:43 PM
From a Patriots fan: the Pats need receivers. Only Welker was catching balls today. Moss-out, Edelman-Barely and......?????? can anyone name the other receiver????? was it jabbar gaffney..oh sorry, we let him go to Denver and picked up Galloway, where was he today?...oh that's right, AT HOME BECAUSE HE SUCKS....I shake my head in disbelief at the changes that went on this offseason

Here's the best comment i read on there. haha

EastCoastBronco
10-11-2009, 09:45 PM
Here's my rapid reaction:
1) Jabar Gaffney - Amazing game. Made some BIG plays today. Especially that play on the tipped ball to keep that drive alive. Great concentration. Sending some love his way...
2) Brandon Marshall - Not for the 2 TD's (they were great) but for knocking that deflected pass down so it didn't get picked. That, more than anything, tells me he's on board...
3) Eddie Royal: I predicted he would have a big game and I was right. Nice work Fast Eddie.

Day1BroncoFan
10-11-2009, 09:51 PM
I have to say my first thought is that Orton was a lot better this week without the glove.

TXBRONC
10-11-2009, 09:52 PM

Yeah, I think our first win this season told us more than we initially thought. Cincy is good. We held them down pretty good.

Speaking the Ravens they look as beatable to me the Patriots did.

blamkin86
10-11-2009, 09:54 PM
Didn't take much football knowhow to see the D is for real. No points for the Pats in the second half? Amazing. I'm only sorry my Louisville man Elvis didn't get a sack.

And for as mad as I was at Brandon, the guy seems to have completely turned around 180 degrees and I couldn't be happier for and with him. I hope he gets a big fat contract even if we're unfortunate enough to lose him.

Feels great.

Oh and for all those folks that said the Cowboys were the real test, then the Pats - go ahead and say the Chargers will be our first real test. We're not listening any more.

broncobryce
10-11-2009, 09:55 PM
I have to say my first thought is that Orton was a lot better this week without the glove.

That's what I was thinking all game. I was like, damn I hope he plays like this all the time. That glove was really holding him back. We can hope. I also was disappointed he got the int on a hail mary. I loved hearing him not having any picks. Still, Orton tore it up today, absolutely brilliant.

SmilinAssasSin27
10-11-2009, 10:15 PM
I like football again.

TXBRONC
10-11-2009, 10:22 PM
New England has long said that if a starter goes the next guy steps up with no drop off in production well eventually the next guy may not be as good as the first guy. The same is true of coaches staffs, you can keep losing talented coaches without it eventually effecting your team.

lewik
10-11-2009, 10:22 PM
Our only weakness seemed to be average d-line play. Neutralize Doom and things get ugly against a good o-line. Outside of that though, we're solid all across the board and can compete with the best in the league. :D

underrated29
10-11-2009, 10:23 PM
Whats funny is the pat fans still dont think we are any good. They blame their offense and defense and claim that the coaches or players lost the game for us.

Maybe- just MAYBE we have a good defense? Holly shista batman, we do!

They still dont get that. we are averaging 8 pts per game on defense. and shut out teams in the 3rd and 4th qtr. Only the bengals have scored on us since halftime? ( i think)

Idiots. Cant even lose with style.

TXBRONC
10-11-2009, 10:26 PM
Whats funny is the pat fans still dont think we are any good. They blame their offense and defense and claim that the coaches or players lost the game for us.

Maybe- just MAYBE we have a good defense? Holly shista batman, we do!

They still dont get that. we are averaging 8 pts per game on defense. and shut out teams in the 3rd and 4th qtr. Only the bengals have scored on us since halftime? ( i think)

Idiots. Cant even lose with style.

Yeah, two long scoring drives and over 400 yards of total offense and it was all because they just didn't play well. :rolleyes:

pnbronco
10-11-2009, 10:28 PM

You know I was wondering what was different. I was thinking man that TD at the end of the Dallas game must of knocked off and darn big Elephant off his back. Today was the guy I had been seeing in camp, I think they will just keep getting better with their timing. I'm so glad Eddie had a good game, esp after reading that he was staying late to work to work out with Orton. Having Marshall back only helps everything.

I keep thinking what it was like 6 weeks ago and I'm so blown away, glad I never gave up Wagon spot.....:D

AgentOrange
10-11-2009, 10:37 PM
It's apparent Pats fans have gotten spoiled and expect to be a SB team every year. I haven't read all the posts, but nowhere on the Patsfan forum (http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/281730-postgame-denver-patriots-thread.html) can I find someone saying that Denver just might be a decent team.

Living in denial

pnbronco
10-11-2009, 10:41 PM
Yeah, two long scoring drives and over 400 yards of total offense and it was all because they just didn't play well. :rolleyes:

:laugh:...:laugh:....:laugh: yeah TX didn't you get the memo???

I can't stop smiling.

camdisco24
10-11-2009, 10:52 PM
It's apparent Pats fans have gotten spoiled and expect to be a SB team every year. I haven't read all the posts, but nowhere on the Patsfan forum (http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/281730-postgame-denver-patriots-thread.html) can I find someone saying that Denver just might be a decent team.

Living in denial

I found one! I found one! A guy said we might be as good as our record. The rest however... straight up denial through and through.

Lonestar
10-11-2009, 10:57 PM

CINCY had one good drive IIRC we were in prevent at the time.. and frankly Palmer is a hell of a QB.. and his WR are not slouches either..

I do not feel bad about a last minute pass play like a lot of doubters did..

Lonestar
10-11-2009, 11:23 PM

Living in denial

just posted over there in the visiting locker room as you have to have a 100 posts to post int eh main forum..

yes alot of fans there are as die hard as we are.. if we would have lost then many here would be calling for every ones head also..

Simple Jaded
10-11-2009, 11:43 PM
Props to McDaniels for the outstanding playcalling, Orton had somebody to throw to for the majority of the game, that's saying something with the type of defense they were playing against today.

Props to Kyle Orton, as much as I despise this Dink-and-Dunk passing game, today was his Mona Lisa. Also for finally getting the ball in Eddie Royals hands.

Props to Mike Nolan and the defense for keeping Brady out of sorts long enough to keep him from taking advantage of blunders like putting Brian Dawkins on the LOS against Wes Welker. This was not their best effort, but they again kept the offense in it long enough to get the win, and that's saying a lot against Tom Brady.

Props to Brandon Marshall on both of those TD's for reminding McDaniels and Broncos fans yet again that it very much is about the players. Sooner or later this will be proven again when LaMont Jordan is no longer wasting Peyton Hilllis' touches.......

wbmustang
10-12-2009, 01:56 AM
Here's my rapid reaction:
1) Jabar Gaffney - Amazing game. Made some BIG plays today. Especially that play on the tipped ball to keep that drive alive. Great concentration. Sending some love his way...
2) Brandon Marshall - Not for the 2 TD's (they were great) but for knocking that deflected pass down so it didn't get picked. That, more than anything, tells me he's on board...
3) Eddie Royal: I predicted he would have a big game and I was right. Nice work Fast Eddie.

Couldn't agree more with #2 might of been the smartest thing Brandon Marshall has done in his whole career.

SOCALORADO.
10-12-2009, 09:09 AM
Couldn't agree more with #2 might of been the smartest thing Brandon Marshall has done in his whole career.

Agreed. That pass break up was smart, I think they talked right before the play during the timeout about making sure if he cant catch the ball, to make DAMN SURE he knocks it down!!

Also, anyone watch the post game interviews!?!?
What the heck is up with Tom "pretty boy" Brady?!?!?!
Dudes haircut makes him look like Lloyd Christmas from Dumb and Dumber!!!
Looks like a drunk, blind man cut his hair!!

TXBRONC
10-13-2009, 11:45 AM

Living in denial

There were a couple and I literally mean a couple of posts by Patriot fans said Denver played well. Most of what I was saw was crying about how badly they played sprinkled with a few posts of how the refs robbed them of a victory.

As Daman a Bronco fan that posted that Patriot thread, said I can live being the worst 5-0 team in the League. :salute: