PDA

View Full Version : Think about this my friends regarding this franchise

Northman
10-11-2009, 07:06 PM
Even if we only go 7-9, 8-8, or 9-7 the fact that Bowlen has managed to keep this franchise competitive while organizations like Oakland, Cleveland, and Detroit continue to struggle. Im pretty proud of this franchise and team that whoever is leading them keeps them playing as well as they can. Its a great thing to be associated with the some of the best fans in the world sharing these great times. Kudos to you all!

Grover
10-11-2009, 08:55 PM
Yes! This decision worked out really well. But by the end of the season, let's hope there are no regrets, because Bowlen could have hired this guy instead.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/broncos/2009-01-08-romanowski_N.htm

Shazam!
10-11-2009, 08:56 PM
Even if we only go 7-9, 8-8, or 9-7...

At 5-0 that would be an epic collapse.

Northman
10-11-2009, 09:07 PM
At 5-0 that would be an epic collapse.

Depends.

Although it would suck if we still lost those games by a close margin i would consider it a victory. Even if we had lost today i would of been pleased of the progress. Right now for me, the 5-0 start is just a bonus. Lets hope the ride continues. :beer:

Shazam!
10-11-2009, 09:25 PM
7-9 or 8-8 would be horrendous, an epic collapse after going 5-0 Northy. C'mon.

It's time to be cautiously optimistic about the rest of the way. The possibility of January isn't a dream, at this point, it's likely.

Any Broncos fan, looking at the schedule going into the Bye would take 5-1, or going into SD 5-0.

Bronco Warrior
10-11-2009, 09:39 PM
Honestly we have won every game I predicted back in April. First one I thought we might lose is @ SD, and I don't see that happening now! I had us going 10-6 with losses...@SD @ Balt @Philly @Colts and Giants and Pitt at home! Now I don't think we lose that many! This defense is off the hook and we showed today we can ball with anybody! @SD is a walk now I think and Balt and Pitt are Much more winnable than I thought! Atleast 10-6 minumum!

Shazam!
10-11-2009, 09:43 PM
I'm sorry, but this team can play with anyone as long as the Defense is able to slow teams down.

The last two games were supposed to be 'When the schedule got tough', well then, give them credit for winning those games, because if they lost, everyone would've said 'I told you so!'

The Broncos are good. McDaniels really has something special going on. I love him.

Day1BroncoFan
10-11-2009, 09:45 PM
Orton had his best game as far as I can see this year.

Bronco Warrior
10-11-2009, 09:58 PM

Far and away! Others weren't even close! First game he was balling out not just trying not to screw up! Awesome game!

Shazam!
10-11-2009, 10:04 PM
Orton had one of the best games of his career.

SmilinAssasSin27
10-11-2009, 10:12 PM
It doesn't take that good of a franchise to be better than Oak, Clev and Detroit.

Although I dig what yer saying.

Lonestar
10-11-2009, 10:19 PM
been a fan since day one in the south stands for a long time..

it just seems so far this team is special..

much along the lines of the 1977 team.. surprising a lot of folks..

SmilinAssasSin27
10-11-2009, 10:29 PM
surprising the hell out of me.

I expected to be much better than most were trying to say we would be. But this?

Northman
10-12-2009, 06:09 AM
It doesn't take that good of a franchise to be better than Oak, Clev and Detroit.

Although I dig what yer saying.

All very true. But it is funny that everytime i have a feeling that we might fall by the way side for a couple of years we still come out and compete at a very high level. Oakland has been rebuilding for almost a decade after going to a SB and they can barely get passed the 5 win mark if at all. Bowlen evidently just refuses to let that happen. :lol:

Nomad
10-12-2009, 06:36 AM

I'm hoping he's just warming up and he plays lights out Monday night!!

Dirk
10-12-2009, 06:40 AM
Every since the trade for Orton and the hiring of Nolan I have been telling all my football friends that Denver will make it to an 8-8 season and if they did, I would be extremely happy after everything that transpired.

8-8 was being optimistic...it seams that in reality they will have a much better record! Now my friend who is a Pats fan will understand why I liked the Orton trade after his play against his team.

CoachChaz
10-12-2009, 07:58 AM

He may have to, but if he can get into a rhythm like he did yesterday...no way the SD secondary can slow him down.

BroncoWave
10-12-2009, 08:46 AM
Assuming we beat the teams we absolutely should beat (KC x2, Oak, Was) 9-7 is the wost case scenario at this point. But honestly, I don't see why this team can't finish 11-5 or better at this point.

LRtagger
10-12-2009, 08:50 AM
Even if we only go 7-9, 8-8, or 9-7 the fact that Bowlen has managed to keep this franchise competitive while organizations like Oakland, Cleveland, and Detroit continue to struggle. Im pretty proud of this franchise and team that whoever is leading them keeps them playing as well as they can. Its a great thing to be associated with the some of the best fans in the world sharing these great times. Kudos to you all!

You also have to consider Washington. Think of how Snyder must feel after spending so much money bringing in big name players and coaches and they consistently suck. We GET RID OF our big name player, have a bunch of guys no one has ever heard of and we are a great team. :lol:

Day1BroncoFan
10-12-2009, 10:42 AM

I want a win on Monday against the chargirls because I'll be there.

We should be able to beat them. I don't expect it to be easy but still. The only thing thay have is passing. There D is playing like crap and they can't run.

NightTrainLayne
10-12-2009, 10:50 AM
I want a win on Monday against the chargirls because I'll be there.

We should be able to beat them. I don't expect it to be easy but still. The only thing thay have is passing. There D is playing like crap and they can't run.

They've had a bye week to iron out some kinks, and to gameplan for the Broncos.

Turner is an offensive genius, and he's had plenty of time to study our Defense.

It will be a hard-fought game on the road. I hope McD works them hard this week, with the promise of a bye-week after a big win Monday Night.

Day1BroncoFan
10-12-2009, 10:54 AM

Turner is an offensive genius, and he's had plenty of time to study our Defense.

It will be a hard-fought game on the road. I hope McD works them hard this week, with the promise of a bye-week after a big win Monday Night.

A few things I think we have in out favor is conditioning, especially on the D. They seem to be able to play hard the whole game and even harder in the second half. I'm pretty sure McD has a game plan for them. I think we have better coaching. You never know... on any given Sunday...

Denver Native (Carol)
10-12-2009, 11:00 AM

If I understand correctly, because of the weekly, and even in game changes that Coach McD and staff makes, it is very hard for any one to game plan against the Broncos, as they are very unpredictable from week to week on offense, as well as on defense.

Dirk
10-12-2009, 11:04 AM
If I understand correctly, because of the weekly, and even in game changes that Coach McD and staff makes, it is very hard for any one to game plan against the Broncos, as they are very unpredictable from week to week on offense, as well as on defense.

That's how it seems! :salute:

SmilinAssasSin27
10-12-2009, 11:04 AM
Assuming we beat the teams we absolutely should beat (KC x2, Oak, Was) 9-7 is the wost case scenario at this point. But honestly, I don't see why this team can't finish 11-5 or better at this point.

Agreed. Wins vs KC, Wash and Oak gets us to 9. I think we at least split w/ SD. Bmore and Pitt games look more winnable each week. Our scheming and D will keep us in games, but I think Indy, Philly and NYG are gonna be very tough.

Tned
10-12-2009, 11:12 AM

Well said. I have been bashed quite a few times for pointing out that the Broncos have been one of the, if not THE, best team in the NFL under Bowlen's ownership. The reason is that it doesn't fit with the "we've sucked since the SB wins", which anyone that actually follows the ups and downs of other franchises knows isn't the case.

This was how I started my "Trading in shorts for pads" write up:

Trading in shorts for pads: The McDaniels era has begun

The Denver Broncos and their fans have had one of the best 25 year runs in NFL history. During the last quarter century, the Broncos have had five Super Bowl appearances, winning two of them. They have had only four losing seasons and no back-to-back losing seasons, while making the playoffs 13 times. A 25 year stretch that most owners and fans would love to have.

Is it a coincidence that Pat Bowlen bought the team 25 years ago? It may very well be his guidance of the Broncos that have lead to such success, or maybe it was the fortune of having the Great John Elway playing under center. Maybe it was the two head coaches that have lead the Broncos for 23 of the last 25 years. In all likelihood, all of these factors played a role in the great success the Broncos have enjoyed under Bowlen's ownership.

With the exception of a brief two year stint by Wade Phillips, the Broncos have had two long-tenured coaches. Dan Reeves coached the Broncos for 12 years (3 years before Bowlen bought the Broncos), and Mike Shanahan coached the Broncos for the last 14 years. Reeves lead the Broncos to 3 Super Bowl appearances, but failed to win any. Shanahan lead the Broncos to two Super Bowl appearances, winning both of them. One common thread that both coaches shared, was John Elway taking the snaps.

The years since Elway retired have not been quite as impressive -- at least not when measured against the high bar that the Broncos' themselves have set. Still, the team has had only two losing seasons over the last decade, and has made four playoff appearances, including reaching the AFC Championship game in 2005.

The rest of the write up here: http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50351

In the struggle of last season and this offseason, I have seen teams like Dallas thrown out there as a model we should follow, yet America's team hasn't won a playoff game since '96 or something like that. Or, that we should follow what San Francisco is doing. There have been so many "we should follow.....", but in looking to the other side of the fence, fans have lost sight of the fact that there are few franchises in the NFL that have consistantly won like Denver.

Bronco Warrior
10-12-2009, 11:12 AM
You also have to consider Washington. Think of how Snyder must feel after spending so much money bringing in big name players and coaches and they consistently suck. We GET RID OF our big name player, have a bunch of guys no one has ever heard of and we are a great team. :lol:
This isn't as far fetched as SOME have thought but Snyder has been rumored to have talked already to Shanny and Sherman a former Shanny coordinator is already there to get used to the team..and knows the Zorn offense better than Zorn does! It was speculated by those in the media..if Zorn goes out Shannahan is in and maybe by the time we play them! What would we think about that!

Norv Turner isn't an offensive genius on his best day.Turner has destroyed every team he has inherited as head coach! I'll take Nolan over Turner any day and twice on Sunday! And Joshie will smoke Merriroids and that pathetic defense!!

NightTrainLayne
10-12-2009, 11:28 AM
Well said. I have been bashed quite a few times for pointing out that the Broncos have been one of the, if not THE, best team in the NFL under Bowlen's ownership. The reason is that it doesn't fit with the "we've sucked since the SB wins", which anyone that actually follows the ups and downs of other franchises knows isn't the case.

This was how I started my "Trading in shorts for pads" write up:

In the struggle of last season and this offseason, I have seen teams like Dallas thrown out there as a model we should follow, yet America's team hasn't won a playoff game since '96 or something like that. Or, that we should follow what San Francisco is doing. There have been so many "we should follow.....", but in looking to the other side of the fence, fans have lost sight of the fact that there are few franchises in the NFL that have consistantly won like Denver.

From the time Bowlen made the decision to fire Shanny, I have defended him as one of the best owner's in the league. He simply will not put a sub-par product on the field. . .at least not for long. Somehow, all at once this off-season Bowlen became a drunk, alzheimer's patient who had bungled his most important decision in decades. . . But that criticism seems to have disappeared as quickly as it came about.

This isn't as far fetched as SOME have thought but Snyder has been rumored to have talked already to Shanny and Sherman a former Shanny coordinator is already there to get used to the team..and knows the Zorn offense better than Zorn does! It was speculated by those in the media..if Zorn goes out Shannahan is in and maybe by the time we play them! What would we think about that!

Norv Turner isn't an offensive genius on his best day.Turner has destroyed every team he has inherited as head coach! I'll take Nolan over Turner any day and twice on Sunday! And Joshie will smoke Merriroids and that pathetic defense!!

Norv Turner has a formidible offensive mind. He has failed as an HC, but it's hard to think of an offensive coordinator who has had more success than Turner throughout his career. He's just not cut out for HC material. But he doesn't lose his offensive prowess just by donning the HC title. His stint in San Fransisco should quickly quiet any criticism of his offensive capabilities. Just look at them immediately before and after he was there.

SmilinAssasSin27
10-12-2009, 11:29 AM
Turner on O=Nolan on D.

Neither is a head coach, but both excel at their respective coordinator roles.