PDA

View Full Version : Second half adjustments

jrelway
10-11-2009, 06:58 PM
gone are the days of having the lead in the first half then blowing it. kudos to Mcdaniels and Nolan for adjusting and shutting out Brady and co. in the 2nd half. :elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elef ant::elefant::elefant:

:salute:

muse
10-11-2009, 07:06 PM
I was just about to post something like this.

The most infuriating thing about watching Shanny's teams was the fact that we'd play a very poor 3rd quarter across the board. We very rarely made adjustments and that led to losing large leads (alliteration win).

Both Nolan and McDaniels have done an incredible job and pretty much every game we've come on stronger and stronger in the second half (kudos to the conditioning staff too!) I love the pragmatism with the gameplan...yes, I did love Shanny's flash-and-bang first halves, but I've spent more than enough time tearing my hair out watching that 20 point lead disappear and I've been so impressed with the coaches in this area.

gobroncsnv
10-11-2009, 07:18 PM
Yeah, shock and awe wasn't working any more. We seem to be doing it in reverse now. All the flash is at the end of the games. FINISH STRONG!!!

Say so long to being under the radar...

ikillz0mbies
10-11-2009, 07:33 PM
There is no doubt that a lot of the credit of second half adjustments goes to Mike Nolan and the Denver Defense. Not allowing points in the second half from the Cowboys and Patriots is AMAZING. The defense comes bursting out of half time much more aggressive and with more awareness. I was not worried at all when the Broncos were down at the half because throughout the season, they showed that they can make those second half adjustments.

The Broncos OWN the last 2 quarters of a game.

Bronco Warrior
10-11-2009, 07:37 PM
Nolan is a straight up OldSchool Defensive GANGSTER!!! I was on the game thread having people check the coach's booth to see if Nolan was gagged and duct-taped and stuffed in the closet and slowick was calling the D but I guess they got to him and untied him for the second half!!

Bronco Warrior
10-11-2009, 07:39 PM
ZERO POINTS FOR THE GREAT PATRIOTS Second half! League better recognize! lmao!

underrated29
10-11-2009, 07:40 PM
I think we have shut teams out in the 3rd and 4th quarter--besides the tigers game.

Lonestar
10-11-2009, 07:41 PM
I still think Hamilton is a liability against bigger DL's the pocket was being moved back all day when Wilfork was on the field..

we have to address OLG and maybe center this coming off season..

broncobryce
10-11-2009, 08:06 PM
I still think Hamilton is a liability against bigger DL's the pocket was being moved back all day when Wilfork was on the field..

100% right. I wouldn't be shocked if they replace him soon with the backup. He just got killed. What happened? He used to be solid but is becoming an obvious liability. Is he injured?

broncofaninfla
10-11-2009, 08:09 PM
Mike Nolan is arguably the best off season acquisition McD and staff made.

BroncoWave
10-11-2009, 08:10 PM
Mike Nolan is arguably the best off season acquisition McD and staff made.

And as far as players go, Dawkins. He was all over the field today. If he has lost a step I don't see it.

Foochacho
10-11-2009, 08:27 PM
Anybody know where to get stats that break down by quarter or half? Curious what kind of yards we gave up after halftime.

Bronco Warrior
10-11-2009, 08:39 PM
I know after half ZERO POINTS!!!! :woot:

horsepig
10-11-2009, 08:58 PM
The only bad, sickening drive the D has given up in the 2'nd half wad to the Bungals.

Right now that looks like a "quality" win.

Watchthemiddle
10-11-2009, 09:06 PM
Anybody know where to get stats that break down by quarter or half? Curious what kind of yards we gave up after halftime.

I'm not sure but we held Brady to like 67 yards in the second half.

What a breath of fresh air. A DC that can make halftime adjustments.

Just another brilliant off season pick up my Mc Genius.

Lonestar
10-11-2009, 09:21 PM
100% right. I wouldn't be shocked if they replace him soon with the backup. He just got killed. What happened? He used to be solid but is becoming an obvious liability. Is he injured?

? getting old and just is not strong like the others are.. IIRC he is listed at about 290 but the past few years he was the one that looked like he was on skates each game getting pushed back into the pocket ..

you put a stellar NT over him and he will get beat alot..

Lonestar
10-11-2009, 09:23 PM
And as far as players go, Dawkins. He was all over the field today. If he has lost a step I don't see it.

if he has lost a step then he was really fast before.. I do not remember watching him the past few years except for cowgirl games (we get them all here) then he was not someone I noticed..

Bronco Warrior
10-11-2009, 09:43 PM
if he has lost a step then he was really fast before.. I do not remember watching him the past few years except for cowgirl games (we get them all here) then he was not someone I noticed..

Somebody noticed him he's been to what 7 pro-bowls? You are right though he has stepped it up to a whole different place! He was the consensus heart of the Philly defense! Looks like the Heart Transplant was successful!!

Lonestar
10-11-2009, 10:03 PM
Somebody noticed him he's been to what 7 pro-bowls? You are right though he has stepped it up to a whole different place! He was the consensus heart of the Philly defense! Looks like the Heart Transplant was successful!!

hey I agree he was a stud there, they loved him there.. but in the games I saw he did not stick out, he was under my radar..

Since I'm an ABC fan I watch for great games..

Denver Native (Carol)
10-11-2009, 10:08 PM

This has a lot of stuff on it - maybe what you are looking for

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009101110/2009/REG5/patriots@broncos

Superchop 7
10-11-2009, 10:13 PM
Nolan is an old school defensive coach
taught by Joe Collier.

He WILL bring it.

This was 77 defensive scheme vs 09 offensive sheme.

Thanks Joe.

Bronco Warrior
10-11-2009, 10:31 PM
Told you all he's a Old School Defensive Gangster! He's got his boys doing drive bys out the sides of a 36 Studabaker Sedan with suicide doors!! Anybody else here those Thompson subs? Submachine guns that it!! Where is Elloit Ness when the opponents need him?

Day1BroncoFan
10-11-2009, 10:33 PM
Stopped dem patsies three times on one drive they did. :salute:

Watchthemiddle
10-11-2009, 10:45 PM
Second half adjustments:

Broncos have out scored their opponent 59-7 (+52) in the second half.

Out gained them 1,158-501

Teams are 2 of 30 on third downs.

DOMINATION

Lonestar
10-11-2009, 10:52 PM
Second half adjustments:

DOMINATION

I wonder how much of that has to do with being in shape and then the mile High altitude kicking in in the second half...

remember Josh's motto

"Play Tuff, Smart, Physical Football for 60 minutes and you will win most games"..- Josh Mc Daniels..

GEM
10-11-2009, 10:55 PM

Wilfork is a complete fatass. His beached whale dive fit him perfectly.

Day1BroncoFan
10-11-2009, 10:56 PM
I wonder how much of that has to do with being in shape and then the mile High altitude kicking in in the second half...

remember Josh's motto

"Play Tuff, Smart, Physical Football for 60 minutes and you will win most games"..- Josh Mc Daniels..

They've been doing it on the road too but the conditioning is a lot better than before IMO.

GEM
10-11-2009, 10:56 PM

He was out last week and was listed as questionable this game.

horsepig
10-11-2009, 10:58 PM
bw, THERE WERE TWO SNUBS ON THE aLL-TIME BRONCOS TEAM, Billy Thompson and Tony Jones.

Lonestar
10-11-2009, 11:41 PM
Wilfork is a complete fatass. His beached whale dive fit him perfectly.

yep your correct but we did not run much on him this week either..

I'll take a Wilfork type NT any day over a 315 guy that we be beat up at the EOS because he is does not have the bulk on him to sustain it..

Day1BroncoFan
10-12-2009, 01:36 AM
Second half adjustments:

DOMINATION

I used this information on a dolts board, hope you don't mind. :salute:

frauschieze
10-19-2009, 10:48 PM
More adjustments at the half this game. Only 3 points allowed. 10 points allowed total in the second half this season, none in the 4th quarter. I cannot believe the way we turn it on halfway through the game, particularly on defense.

muse
10-19-2009, 10:52 PM
There's nothing quite like watching Phyllis eating shit all through the second half. What a second half turnaround by Nolan...under 100yards passing after a great first half by Rivers.

Great job on O too, getting back into rhythm after a patchy first half. Running game didn't quite take off, but it was pretty clear SD were stacking up against it and KO was equal to their challenge.

EastCoastBronco
10-19-2009, 11:02 PM
More adjustments at the half this game. Only 3 points allowed. 10 points allowed total in the second half this season, none in the 4th quarter. I cannot believe the way we turn it on halfway through the game, particularly on defense.

Amazing what can happen when you have people who can actually read what is happening and make adjustments to turn it to your advantage eh? That's where Shanny got lazy (and cocky). We can compete with anyone.

shank
10-19-2009, 11:02 PM

frau, you're making me so god-damned hot right now...