PDA

View Full Version : This team is terrible

Timmy!
10-11-2009, 06:46 PM
100% horrible. I don't know where to start. Orton is the worst QB of all time. Mckid, hands down, the worst coach in Bronco history. Trading Cutler (aka god)? What an idiot. Drafting Moreno? Total bust. The defense? Pssssh....what defense? These guys couldn't stop a high school team. It makes me sick just having to watch this team play. Horrible. We won't win 4 games this season. Way to set the franchise back 5 years Pat! :tsk:

Please, vent all your frustrations here:

:heh:

:D

Northman
10-11-2009, 06:48 PM
Its a sad day when we are worse than the Buffalo Bills. I mean, the do have TO and everything.

silkamilkamonico
10-11-2009, 06:48 PM
These threads will never get old and I hope they go on all season.

I had to sit through the entire summer and read all the garbage posted here about how "McTrash" was ruining Denver in numerous and repeated threadds over, and over, and over, and over.

Redemption is sweet.

claymore
10-11-2009, 06:51 PM
I hold no grudges on anything right now, Life is sweet and we are 5-0. Love you guys - mean it. :wasted:

Edmonton Bronco Fan
10-11-2009, 06:53 PM
Wasn't sold on McDaniels and/or Orton but loved the Moreno selection immediately.

But hey, some of that crow probably tastes pretty damn delicious for most of the doubters.

camdisco24
10-11-2009, 06:54 PM
Guys, we only beat the Patriots, no biggie, the real test is next week...

dogfish
10-11-2009, 06:55 PM
Timmy!, your sarcasm is terrible. . . . :lol: :lol:

Timmy!
10-11-2009, 06:57 PM
Timmy!, your sarcasm is terrible. . . . :lol: :lol:

What sarcasm? :cool:

broncophan
10-11-2009, 06:57 PM

I like our chances next week...:D

Medford Bronco
10-11-2009, 07:08 PM
Where is Jay Cutler :lol:

broncophan
10-11-2009, 07:08 PM
100% horrible. I don't know where to start. Orton is the worst QB of all time. Mckid, hands down, the worst coach in Bronco history. Trading Cutler (aka god)? What an idiot. Drafting Moreno? Total bust. The defense? Pssssh....what defense? These guys couldn't stop a high school team. It makes me sick just having to watch this team play. Horrible. We won't win 4 games this season. Way to set the franchise back 5 years Pat! :tsk:

Well.......what's up with our defense??.......I mean they did give up 17 points today........:D

Italianmobstr7
10-11-2009, 07:09 PM
Before the game I said Brady would throw 5 TD's in the first quarter. Looks like I was right. FML. This offseason ruined this team. :D

honz
10-11-2009, 07:27 PM
We would probably have 1 or 2 more wins right now if we hadn't traded Cutler away.

broncophan
10-11-2009, 07:35 PM
and oh yea......what about that interception Orton threw .....right before halftime??......What was he thinking???

ikillz0mbies
10-11-2009, 07:40 PM
The Denver defense is as bad as ever. I'd rather have Bob Slowick! (I just wanted to play the game, but did I cross a line when I mentioned Slowick?!)

broncophan
10-11-2009, 07:46 PM
The Denver defense is as bad as ever. I'd rather have Bob Slowick! (I just wanted to play the game, but did I cross a line when I mentioned Slowick?!)

Yes you did......but I gave you a high five anyway...

T.K.O.
10-11-2009, 07:53 PM

what frustrations and how bout' that orton only pick was a 50/50 jump ball !wooo hoooooo!:beer::elefant:

am i in the twilight zone? ....or did i read posts by people who make snap decisions and pre- judgements?

T.K.O.
10-11-2009, 08:00 PM
i see the op had bad intentions but the thread died until we won.....got it!:D

broncofaninfla
10-11-2009, 08:04 PM
Great team victory! Moreno needs to hold on to the ball better and special teams needs to learn from their mistakes and improve. Great start to the season!

ssgtwc
10-11-2009, 08:12 PM
what frustrations and how bout' that orton only pick was a 50/50 jump ball !wooo hoooooo!:beer::elefant:

am i in the twilight zone? ....or did i read posts by people who make snap decisions and pre- judgements?

no you're not in the twilight zone......those other people are still butthurt over the offseason

rcsodak
10-11-2009, 11:11 PM

You're new, and I don't see any :sarcasm:, so not sure of your realism....

....but hopefully, you're being full of shit. Because that's been the mantra of the anti's, since week 4....XXXX sux....just wait until next week!!!! :beer:

sneakers
10-11-2009, 11:13 PM
What sarcasm? :cool:

I hate sarcasm

rcsodak
10-11-2009, 11:14 PM
and oh yea......what about that interception Orton threw .....right before halftime??......What was he thinking???

Just means he's off the schnide! ;)

Timmy!
10-11-2009, 11:26 PM
I hate sarcasm

Me too.

:welcome:

dogfish
10-11-2009, 11:29 PM
Well.......what's up with our defense??.......I mean they did give up 17 points today........:D

seriously, it just boggles my mind to think that this defense has given up 43 points in the first FIVE games of the season. . . . last year we gave up ****ing 52 to san diego in one game-- ONE game!!

:shocked:

i was happy when we fired shanahan, but for anyone who wasn't. . . well, the necessity of that decision should now be abundantly clear. . . .

Day1BroncoFan
10-11-2009, 11:36 PM
I'm totally flabbergasted at the whole debacle.

bcbronc
10-12-2009, 01:04 AM
Hey, don't forget we gave up a top 5 pick in next years draft for a freakin midget!! it just keeps getting worse and worse.

broncophan
10-12-2009, 02:06 AM
seriously, it just boggles my mind to think that this defense has given up 43 points in the first FIVE games of the season. . . . last year we gave up ****ing 52 to san diego in one game-- ONE game!!

:shocked:

i was happy when we fired shanahan, but for anyone who wasn't. . . well, the necessity of that decision should now be abundantly clear. . . .

Yea.....Our defense is unreal...:D
Wasn't happy when we let Shanahan go.....thought he deserved one more year.........but now??.......thanks for what you did .....Shanahan......cya around...:D

Still.....one game at a time......we saw what can happen.....even when you have a 4 game lead with 4 games left.

I know this is a completely different team.....but still....

SmilinAssasSin27
10-12-2009, 11:26 AM
I hold no grudges on anything right now, Life is sweet and we are 5-0. Love you guys - mean it. :wasted:

loser

Ziggy
10-12-2009, 11:32 AM
But, but, but...We should have hired Spagnuolo, he could have fixed our defense!

hotcarl
10-12-2009, 11:34 AM
those uniforms were terrible!!! FIRE MCDANIELS!!!!

Cugel
10-12-2009, 11:50 AM

Definitely. I never saw ONE person who said they wanted to keep Slowik. Not one. So, that's a false argument. :laugh:

In fact, there were few people who were really sad when Mike Shanahan was fired either. (I've seen a few, but they were really a small minority).

Maybe if Mike Shanahan had been willing to bring in Mike Nolan and turn the defense over to him, and surrender some of his "control" then he'd still have a job!

Of course, that would never have happened and apparently Bowlen knew it and didn't even demand it as a condition that Shanny stay.

I did hear some reports that Shanahan was asked to fire Slowik and refused and that was the last straw, but I doubt it. Those rumors were never confirmed and we might not ever know.

As for the LONG-term consequences of trading Jay Cutler, those will hardly become apparent after less than 1/2 season.

I still maintain Orton is NOT the long-term franchise QB who will lead this team to a SB.

Of course if the Broncos defense continues to hold everybody to an average of 11 points a game, they can beat anybody -- and that includes during the playoffs.

There is an open question though what happens if the offense needs to score more than 17 points. They haven't done that during regulation this season so far.

That doesn't mean they can't, but it would be nice to see it happen before we anoint this team as a SB contender. :coffee:

The really good teams are capable of winning 31-28 as well as 13-10. Denver has not shown they can score a lot of points to win that way.

There's very little margin for error if your defense has to play like the 2000 Ravens every week for the team to win, but the defense has shut EVERYBODY down so far. How far can they continue to do that?

T.K.O.
10-12-2009, 11:52 AM
is it really you?.....really?.....promise?

Day1BroncoFan
10-12-2009, 11:55 AM
The Broncos have scored more than 17 points in regulation twice this year. :confused:

Cugel
10-12-2009, 11:59 AM

I think there were VERY few such people. Many people like me were upset over the decision to trade Cutler and the way it was handled.

The strongest McDaniels backer must still admit he was saved from his own UTTER STUPIDITY in trying to trade Cutler even up for Matt Cassel.

Cassel is looking HORRIBLE in KC right now, and there's an open question whether he will finish the season as starting QB if the team continues to lose every game. Offensively, they are just flat BAD.

Clearly McDaniels lucked out when his plans were thwarted by Belichek trading Cassel to KC!

There's just no way to avoid that conclusion that Orton is a much better QB (especially for the money) than Cassel. (They're paying Cassel $14 million a year)!

As for Cutler, who knows how that will look in 3 or 4 years time? Will the Broncos continue to have success or will Orton prove to be a one-hit wonder like Brian Griese (this is still better than a NO-hit non-wonder)? Will Cutler lead the Bears to a Championship or will he struggle (he's doing well right now)?

People who are inclined to think "I was right" should wait and see what happens. This deal will only be justified if Orton proves he can win a Championship, or Cutler proves to be a bust who can't. And that will probably take 3 or 4 years at least.

Cugel
10-12-2009, 12:18 PM
The Broncos have scored more than 17 points in regulation twice this year. :confused:

Actually once. I forgot they scored 23 against Oakland. The 20 this week was in over-time.

Of course the Raiders are giving up 26 points a game so that's slightly less than their average and is the LOWEST total given up in any of their 4 defeats (they beat the lowly Chiefs 13-10). Take that Chiefs game out and their defense averages giving up 30 points a game over 4 losses.

The Chiefs are even worse of course, since they have lost 9 straight including the pre-season and 13 games in a row going back to last year.

We should be able to score more than 20 points against them too. :coffee:

As the season progresses some games will seem different than they do now. For instance, (although it was a fluke win) the Broncos win over the otherwise unbeaten Bengals (who just beat the Ravens) is more and more impressive. The Bengals are now in the division lead and may face the Broncos if they get to the post-season. That would be a very tough game.

BroncoSojia
10-12-2009, 12:33 PM
Actually once. I forgot they scored 23 against Oakland. The 20 this week was in over-time.

Of course the Raiders are giving up 26 points a game so that's slightly less than their average and is the LOWEST total given up in any of their 4 defeats (they beat the lowly Chiefs 13-10). Take that Chiefs game out and their defense averages giving up 30 points a game over 4 losses.

The Chiefs are even worse of course, since they have lost 9 straight including the pre-season and 13 games in a row going back to last year.

As the season progresses some games will seem different than they do now. For instance, (although it was a fluke win) the Broncos win over the otherwise unbeaten Bengals (who just beat the Ravens) is more and more impressive. The Bengals are now in the division lead and may face the Broncos if they get to the post-season. That would be a very tough game.

How much did we score against the browns? :confused:

NightTrainLayne
10-12-2009, 12:43 PM
We've scored more than 17 against two teams. 26 vs. the Browns, and 23 vs. the Raiders.

The teams we haven't? Well. .. those are some pretty stout defenses. Cinci held Baltimore's offense to 7 points yesterday in Baltimore. The Cowboys and Patriots both have some pretty good defensive play.

LRtagger
10-12-2009, 01:25 PM
Maybe if Bowlen wasn't such a delusional old drunk he wouldn't have sold out the fans by hiring this hack as a HC and trading away the franchise.

Day1BroncoFan
10-12-2009, 01:32 PM

We scored 27 against Cleveland in week two also.

outdoor_miner
10-12-2009, 01:43 PM
The strongest McDaniels backer must still admit he was saved from his own UTTER STUPIDITY in trying to trade Cutler even up for Matt Cassel.

I'm sorry, but this is simply not true... Please provide me with one credible source that indicates this was the trade. It was "suggested" (ie. never confirmed) that the Broncos were going to trade Cutler for picks, and then ship one of those picks to New England. If you see what the Broncos actually got for Cutler (2 firsts, a third, and Orton), it is crazy to think they would have just accepted a single first for Cutler and then shipped it off for Orton. So - like the trade that did go down, the Broncos would have received Cassell plus extra picks for Cutler... And who knows how Cassell would be performing under McD?

Now - that is pure speculation, and NOT what I believe actually happened. The Broncos' stance since day one has been that they simply listened to an offer, considered it, and rejected it... You may believe otherwise (it is clear that you do), but it certainly is up in the air as to what really happened.

However - you're assertion that McDaniels was "saved from his own stupidity" is pure speculation, and really shows your bias.

SmilinAssasSin27
10-12-2009, 01:50 PM
Maybe if Bowlen wasn't such a delusional old drunk he wouldn't have sold out the fans by hiring this hack as a HC and trading away the franchise.

I, too, think boobs should be saved.

SmilinAssasSin27
10-12-2009, 01:50 PM
But, but, but...We should have hired Spagnuolo, he could have fixed our defense!

lex is still defending that drivel on the mane.

Day1BroncoFan
10-12-2009, 01:56 PM
Our D is especially terrible in the second half, just ask any of the teams we've played this year so far.

SmilinAssasSin27
10-12-2009, 01:58 PM
that's only cuz we haven't lost.

Bronco Warrior
10-12-2009, 02:58 PM

Hey it was his longest completion of his career! And that Defense ..they suck ass...all the way up to 8.6 points a game! How lame!