PDA

View Full Version : Displaced Freak

BroncoJoe
12-21-2007, 12:53 PM
Hey all - new member here. Was at the freak since 2005 and a daily poster there. Some of you may know that BroncosFreak.com is shutting it's doors, and I don't care for the site that it is being replaced with. Hope to have fun here, contribute to the Broncos discussion, and engage in "hightened" discussions in the non-football discussion threads.

Tned
12-21-2007, 01:05 PM
Hey all - new member here. Was at the freak since 2005 and a daily poster there. Some of you may know that BroncosFreak.com is shutting it's doors, and I don't care for the site that it is being replaced with. Hope to have fun here, contribute to the Broncos discussion, and engage in "hightened" discussions in the non-football discussion threads.

Yea, I hadn't heard about the Freak closing down until seeing a post here yesterday. Glad you decided to check us out. Hope you jump right in.

Things are a little different here than at most message boards. Here, we have a group of members we refer to as the advisory board, which is made up of 7 members from the message board. There job is to set the direction of the message board based on what the entire community wants. Therefore it is VERY important that all members let us know what they like, what they don't. What could be done better, etc. It is the only way the advisory board can continue to make this place better.

You can read a little more about it here when you get a chance: http://broncosforums.com/forums/announcement.php?f=19&a=2

Sorry your current Broncos home is going away, but I'm glad you decided to check us out.

T

BOSSHOGG30
12-21-2007, 01:11 PM

What a shame.... Gotta love sell outs. Welcome Joe, hopefully these we don't any sell outs here.

BroncoJoe
12-21-2007, 01:13 PM
HA! I sent a bunch of PM's to the guys over there. Hopefully they'll show up here as well. I just don't like the replacement site at all. Too old to change my ways!

BOSSHOGG30
12-21-2007, 01:16 PM
HA! I sent a bunch of PM's to the guys over there. Hopefully they'll show up here as well. I just don't like the replacement site at all. Too old to change my ways!

you are pretty old:beer:

Denver Native (Carol)
12-21-2007, 01:23 PM

:welcome: to Broncos Forums BroncoJoe, and let your "buds" from BroncosFreak know that they are all :welcome: here.

BroncoJoe
12-21-2007, 01:26 PM
:welcome: to Broncos Forums BroncoJoe, and let your "buds" from BroncosFreak know that they are all :welcome: here.

Thanks DN(C) - it would be cool if some of them came over here, but I'm anxious to get to know you all too.

topscribe
12-21-2007, 01:27 PM
:welcome:

:beer:

-----

underrated29
12-21-2007, 01:29 PM
whats broncosfreak, and why is it closing?

Is it like bm or orange mane?

ps. welcome aboard sir.

Tned
12-21-2007, 01:29 PM
but I'm anxious to get to know you all too.

Be careful what you wish for ;)

SR
12-21-2007, 02:42 PM
Welcome to the board Joe. It's wicked awesome to see this sudden influx of people from BF. Post regularly!

James

Broncos Mtnman
12-21-2007, 03:03 PM
Good to see you here, BroncoJoe!!

:welcome:

MHCBill
12-21-2007, 03:55 PM
MHCBill checking in from BroncosFreak!

Tned
12-21-2007, 03:59 PM
MHCBill checking in from BroncosFreak!

Welcome aboard. As I have said, sorry you guys are losing your home, but glad you are giving us a try.

MHCBill
12-21-2007, 04:11 PM
So far so good...

Kapaibro
12-21-2007, 04:13 PM

Welcome to the boards!

Bring a friend! Stop by the Cafe and grab a bite to eat and coffee (it's all free!).

Bronco4ever
12-21-2007, 05:31 PM
Welcome to the boards!

Bring a friend! Stop by the Cafe and grab a bite to eat and coffee (it's all free!).

At the Freak, we had a 24 hour Jazz band playing at the lounge. Not that coffee and rolls are bad, but we could really spice it up here! :smile:

Kapaibro
12-21-2007, 05:57 PM
At the Freak, we had a 24 hour Jazz band playing at the lounge. Not that coffee and rolls are bad, but we could really spice it up here! :smile:

Ahh well if HDTV and Wii's, PS3's and xBoxes aren't your thing, as well as all sports channels, and pics of cheerleaders in the mens room, then there's not much I can do for you.

*time to hide the international selection of beers, whiskey, and the cuban cigars*

Tned
12-21-2007, 06:02 PM
Ahh well if HDTV and Wii's, PS3's and xBoxes aren't your thing, as well as all sports channels, and pics of cheerleaders in the mens room, then there's not much I can do for you.

*time to hide the international selection of beers, whiskey, and the cuban cigars*

Cheerleaders?? Did I hear Cheerleaders? Ok, guess I need to spend more time in the cafe!!! ;)

Bronco4ever
12-22-2007, 01:36 AM

Huh... well I guess I never took a look over there. What do you expect from a newb though? I would lose my head in this place if it wasn't connected to my neck.

Tned
12-22-2007, 01:58 AM
Huh... well I guess I never took a look over there. What do you expect from a newb though? I would lose my head in this place if it wasn't connected to my neck.

Yea, we have a different philosiphy than the Freak in terms of forum structure. As most of our members came from broncomania, they liked dedicated forums, rather than everything lumped into a few. We started up with about half the forums we currently had (maybe less than half), but then got a ton of requests to create the seperate, specialized forums. Without the "New Posts" button, it would be a real pain to see new posts.

Bronco4ever
12-22-2007, 02:24 AM
Yea, we have a different philosiphy than the Freak in terms of forum structure. As most of our members came from broncomania, they liked dedicated forums, rather than everything lumped into a few. We started up with about half the forums we currently had (maybe less than half), but then got a ton of requests to create the seperate, specialized forums. Without the "New Posts" button, it would be a real pain to see new posts.

I'm getting used to it already. It's not something that would deter me from this place. It's a little more organized than lumping it all together. I really like the music forum BTW. It seems like the Freak didn't talk as much music in recent times.

SR
12-22-2007, 02:27 AM

The only time I venture away from the "New Posts" button is when I decide to start a thread of my own. Other than that, all I click on is "New Posts". I really would be lost without that nifty little bugger.

Tned
12-22-2007, 02:30 AM
I'm getting used to it already. It's not something that would deter me from this place. It's a little more organized than lumping it all together. I really like the music forum BTW. It seems like the Freak didn't talk as much music in recent times.

I'm a talk radio guy myself, but I know we have some big music fans. Normally, I keep my radio tuned to Sirius NFL radio nearly year round, although I must admit that this season has been so frustrating, that I haven't listened to it as much the last month or so.

This is the first Christmas, errrrr generic holiday season, we are going through with the forum, so things might be a little slow around here this week that you are checking us out. So, if things seem a bit slow, realize a lot probably has to do with Christ...., the holiday season.

claymore
12-22-2007, 02:42 AM
I'm a talk radio guy myself, but I know we have some big music fans. Normally, I keep my radio tuned to Sirius NFL radio nearly year round, although I must admit that this season has been so frustrating, that I haven't listened to it as much the last month or so.

This is the first Christmas, errrrr generic holiday season, we are going through with the forum, so things might be a little slow around here this week that you are checking us out. So, if things seem a bit slow, realize a lot probably has to do with Christ...., the holiday season.
LOL, It might be a little fast to, if more folks come here. I really think you did a good Job Tned, and it cracks me up, the older you get, and the more you are a poster somewhere, you actually recognize people!

Tned
12-22-2007, 02:59 AM
LOL, It might be a little fast to, if more folks come here. I really think you did a good Job Tned, and it cracks me up, the older you get, and the more you are a poster somewhere, you actually recognize people!

I did the technical stuff, but it really was a group effort in terms of creating the community, forum structure, getting other members to check us out, and eventually stay and all the important stuff. The technical and admin stuff is a fairly small part of really gettiing the commnity/forum going. We have some great people here.

claymore
12-22-2007, 03:06 AM
I did the technical stuff, but it really was a group effort in terms of creating the community, forum structure, getting other members to check us out, and eventually stay and all the important stuff. The technical and admin stuff is a fairly small part of really gettiing the commnity/forum going. We have some great people here.
So far so good, everyone has been extremly nice........... I hesitate to go to the football area cause, well we suck this year! But cannot wait to speculate on draft etc...............

Boss Hogg is a freakin stud when it comes to that stuff, so if you think you know football wait till he goes off.......

If we can get G Money over here, he should write foe ESPN, or Denver Post ETC....... Some really talented guys that are looking for a home, So keep the red carpet out!

claymore
12-22-2007, 03:08 AM
I would like to say that I am Bronco Joe's senior here. I have over 20 posts, and he is a newb. :welcome:

Tned
12-22-2007, 03:08 AM
So far so good, everyone has been extremly nice........... I hesitate to go to the football area cause, well we suck this year! But cannot wait to speculate on draft etc...............

Boss Hogg is a freakin stud when it comes to that stuff, so if you think you know football wait till he goes off.......

If we can get G Money over here, he should write foe ESPN, or Denver Post ETC....... Some really talented guys that are looking for a home, So keep the red carpet out!

Yea, he has already made some nice posts in the Broncos Talk area.

SR
12-22-2007, 03:15 AM

You're not joking. I had heard of Boss Hog over on Broncomania, but never joined BF because of all of the different message boards I'm on (in retrospect, its a good thing since that site is shutting down), but so far from what I've read the guy knows his stuff.

Get all your guys over here. We can never have too many quality posters.

Besides, I'm getting tired of seeing all the same people here all the time.;)

claymore
12-22-2007, 03:33 AM
You're not joking. I had heard of Boss Hog over on Broncomania, but never joined BF because of all of the different message boards I'm on (in retrospect, its a good thing since that site is shutting down), but so far from what I've read the guy knows his stuff.

Get all your guys over here. We can never have too many quality posters.

Besides, I'm getting tired of seeing all the same people here all the time.;)
Boss is al over college Ball, and a vet. So please treat him with mucho respect.G Money is a stud, I dont even deserve to read his articles........... '

Boss is the man, but he reads G money's stuff when he wakes up..............

SR
12-22-2007, 03:45 AM
Boss is al over college Ball, and a vet. So please treat him with mucho respect.G Money is a stud, I dont even deserve to read his articles........... '

Boss is the man, but he reads G money's stuff when he wakes up..............

That's awesome man. can't wait to read more of their stuff.:shocked:

Jody
12-22-2007, 08:47 AM

Welcome BJ. :D Hope you really 'do' enjoy "hightened" discussions in the non-football threads, as those are some of my personal favorites. ;)

SR
12-22-2007, 09:13 AM
Welcome BJ. :D Hope you really 'do' enjoy "hightened" discussions in the non-football threads, as those are some of my personal favorites. ;)

You have warped my fragile little mind.

claymore
12-22-2007, 01:20 PM
My sister nick name is BJ. She got it in high school, and nobody knows why. :suspicious:

SR
12-22-2007, 01:24 PM
My sister nick name is BJ. She got it in high school, and nobody knows why. :suspicious:

Um. Pictures? :shocked:

claymore
12-22-2007, 01:26 PM
Um. Pictures? :shocked:
LMFAO! ewwwww

Tned
12-22-2007, 01:30 PM

I'm going to go with book juggler. I am sure she was one of these studious types that always had an arm full of books, but never seemed to drop one. Yep, she must have been one of those impressive book jugglers...

SR
12-22-2007, 01:31 PM
I'm going to go with book juggler. I am sure she was one of these studious types that always had an arm full of books, but never seemed to drop one. Yep, she must have been one of those impressive book jugglers...

Maybe the term 'book worm' had some kind of wierd symbolism.

Jennifer Anniston is sexy.

Tned
12-22-2007, 01:32 PM
Jennifer Anniston is sexy.

I never noticed, I always respected her for her mind, and hair... :lol:

SR
12-22-2007, 01:34 PM
I never noticed, I always respected her for her mind, and hair... :lol:

She does have really nice hair. I wonder what it would look like when she was....tying her shoes.

Tned
12-22-2007, 01:36 PM
She does have really nice hair. I wonder what it would look like when she was....tying her shoes.

I just watched "the break up" or whatever that movie was called. With Vince Vaughn, maybe.

The seen where she walks through the house naked, then gets a drink and walks back was sweet. While they keep her covered from the front angles, when she head back to her room, they give you a shot of her walking away, completely naked. Of course, all I did was focus on her hair...

SR
12-22-2007, 01:38 PM
I just watched "the break up" or whatever that movie was called. With Vince Vaughn, maybe.

The seen where she walks through the house naked, then gets a drink and walks back was sweet. While they keep her covered from the front angles, when she head back to her room, they give you a shot of her walking away, completely naked. Of course, all I did was focus on her hair...

To be honest, I never knew she was naked because I was so zoned in on that beautiful lady mane of hers.

claymore
12-22-2007, 01:55 PM
if Jennifer Anniston ever let me have sex with her, I would be so excited I would tell my wife. :elefant:

Lonestar
12-22-2007, 01:56 PM

and what is your wifes email?

SR
12-22-2007, 01:57 PM
if Jennifer Anniston ever let me have sex with her, I would be so excited I would tell my wife. :elefant:

Make sure and get that crap on tape so your wife doesn't just bust out laughing.

Lonestar
12-22-2007, 01:58 PM

Sure and your nose is growing too!

Tned
12-22-2007, 01:58 PM
and what is your wifes email?

janniston@tned.com

Lonestar
12-22-2007, 01:59 PM
janniston@tned.com

Sure thing..

SR
12-22-2007, 02:00 PM
janniston@tned.com

LMAO!!!

or

janniston@tnedshouse.inthebedroom.com

Tned
12-22-2007, 03:53 PM
Ok, I created an Official: Broncosfreak refugee thread (http://broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=64603#post64603) for you guys. :beer: