PDA

View Full Version : So What's Worse? (Poll Inside)

Overtime
10-11-2009, 08:25 AM
1.) Broncos having a 3 Game Lead in the Division, and failing to win the division and missing the playoffs in 2008.

or

2.) The Patriots go 18-0, and choking in the most important game in the History of The NFL, and coming up short to end their season 18-1, with no Super Bowl Victory.

WTE
10-11-2009, 08:44 AM
Well let's see. I was still enjoying watching my Patriots play well into February while you guys were scrubbing your kitchen floors.

I'll say the Donks choking was far worse.

KCL
10-11-2009, 09:24 AM
Well let's see. I was still enjoying watching my Patriots play well into February while you guys were scrubbing your kitchen floors.

I'll say the Donks choking was far worse.

lol

KCL
10-11-2009, 09:37 AM
Honestly I think both teams pulled a "Chiefs" and one is as bad as the other.

WTE
10-11-2009, 09:55 AM
Honestly I think both teams pulled a "Chiefs" and one is as bad as the other.

Do you know who a lot of Patriots fans blame for that Super Bowl loss KCL?

None other than Denver's own Josh McDaniels. It's felt he didn't make the proper adjustments to the Giants pass rush.

I also don't think Josh made the right decision in keeping Kyle Brady as the blocking TE in that game. Kyle was old and injured and thrown around like a rag doll. I wish he would have used Wesley Britt instead.

So there you have it.

It was all Josh McDaniels' fault. :D

Bronco Warrior
10-11-2009, 10:33 AM
Do you know who a lot of Patriots fans blame for that Super Bowl loss KCL?

None other than Denver's own Josh McDaniels. It's felt he didn't make the proper adjustments to the Giants pass rush.

I also don't think Josh made the right decision in keeping Kyle Brady as the blocking TE in that game. Kyle was old and injured and thrown around like a rag doll. I wish he would have used Wesley Britt instead.

So there you have it.

It was all Josh McDaniels' fault. :D

Whle people outside of the Ciy of Boy on Boy marriage, who actually understand the game blame the sadaass Offensive line...and a QB that gets poopie-pants when he has a lineman in his face!

Slick
10-11-2009, 10:39 AM
Choking away the division was much worse.

GEM
10-11-2009, 10:46 AM
Choking away the big game or choking away the chance at the big game.

No poll needed.

WTE
10-11-2009, 12:09 PM
Whle people outside of the Ciy of Boy on Boy marriage, who actually understand the game blame the sadaass Offensive line...and a QB that gets poopie-pants when he has a lineman in his face!

Please go back to the kiddie table. Us adults are trying to talk football here.

Northman
10-11-2009, 12:14 PM
The Patriots were actually one "great" play by Eli from winning that SB. While i think that their undefeated record was all for not at least they got to the dance. A lot of people say "well, Denver has lost 4 SB's" but dont realize how difficult it even is to get there. As for Denver choking, yea it was pretty embarrassing but at the same time Denver wasnt even picked to compete last year so the fact we were even in the position with the terrible defense that we had was a blessing within itself.

BroncoJoe
10-11-2009, 12:24 PM
I can live with a SB loss, as I in-fact did through four of them. Losing the division with a three game lead was tough, but being 16-0, being a huge favorite to win the big game, to me is a bigger "worse".

WTE
10-11-2009, 01:04 PM
I can live with a SB loss, as I in-fact did through four of them. Losing the division with a three game lead was tough, but being 16-0, being a huge favorite to win the big game, to me is a bigger "worse".

As a Patriot fan the SB loss really didn't bother me as much as I thought it would.

That was a great catch by Tyree. One in a million one might say. When he caught it I immediately said "Great catch." I wasn't pissed at all.

After the Patriots lost I went to bed and slept quite well.

Devilspawn
10-11-2009, 01:07 PM
I saw the Raiders go through similar situations. In 1995, they were 8-2 but didn't make the playoffs. They lost their playoff spot the last game of the season.

Of course we all know about 2002.

Forget about watching a team advance, the closer you get to the goal, the more bitter the defeat because the what ifs pile up.

As a Yankee fan, losing the 2001 World Series to the Diamondbacks was far worse than losing the 2004 series to the Red Sox when we had a 3-0 series lead. I can't watch the replay of that 9th inning. Ever.

So what have we learned from all this? My 2001 and 2002 sucked.

topscribe
10-11-2009, 01:09 PM
Sorry, but I have to go with the Broncos with that one. I have watched the
Broncos since 9 Sept 1960, the first game they ever played. (They beat the
pansies in that game, BTW.) I don't know of anything in the Broncos' history
that sticks in my craw more than last year's meltdown . . . :tsk:

-----

OrangeHoof
10-11-2009, 01:18 PM
Definitely choking the Super Bowl. Wanna know why? Because you have to see it revisited every few weeks on NFL Network and ESPN Classics for the rest of your friggin lives, especially choking against a team from New Yawk.

Do you think the '68 Baltimore Colts ever get tired of watching Joe Namath punk their asses every time they flip on a sports channel? Do you think Craig Ehlo ever gets sick of seeing Michael Jordan's first-pumping gyrations after beating the Cavs?

I'm so sick and damn tired of watching Lorenzo Charles dunk over Olajuwon every March and that rat-faced little puke Valvano rushing onto the court.

Those Pats will forevuh have to live with that loss. At least most of them have rings from other Super Bowls to comfort them.

Slick
10-11-2009, 01:35 PM
Nothing any other team does can be worse than our own team's failures.

Our last three games of that season...
30-10 loss to Carolina
30-23 loss at home to the freaking Bills?
52-21 loss to San Diego...the Chargers hung 52 on us guys.