12-20-2007, 10:52 PM
:welcome: Bronco4ever to Broncos Forums - ENJOY :elefant:

BOSSHOGG30
12-20-2007, 10:55 PM
:welcome: Bronco4ever to Broncos Forums - ENJOY :elefant:

Welcome to the site Bronco4ever

Bronco4ever
12-20-2007, 10:58 PM
I'm new here. I've been a poster at Broncosfreak for a couple of years and now that it's kinda shutting down, I thought I would give this place a shot. Very similar format to the freak so that's a good thing. Hope to chat with you all in the coming days.

Bronco4ever
12-20-2007, 11:00 PM
I just saw you post on the freak about this place Boss. I thought it'd be worth a try.

BOSSHOGG30
12-20-2007, 11:02 PM
I just saw you post on the freak about this place Boss. I thought it'd be worth a try.

It has the same format... so we know how to use it at least. I figured it is worth a try as well. I wished it had a lounge though.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-20-2007, 11:08 PM
It has the same format... so we know how to use it at least. I figured it is worth a try as well. I wished it had a lounge though.

And :welcome: to you BOSSHOGG30 - Hope you enjoy BroncosForums:elefant:

Bronco4ever
12-20-2007, 11:12 PM

Well collectively it looks like there is content here that would be a lounge but it is scattered into a few different forums which makes it really spread out. I'd like a lounge too but beggars can't be choosey.

Tned
12-21-2007, 12:17 AM
I'm new here. I've been a poster at Broncosfreak for a couple of years and now that it's kinda shutting down, I thought I would give this place a shot. Very similar format to the freak so that's a good thing. Hope to chat with you all in the coming days.

The freak shutting down? A temporary thing or permanent? I hadn't heard about that.

What did you talk about in the lounge? We have the "What's on your mind" forum, which is basically sort of a lounge/chat/anything goes forum. Is that what the lounge was, or something more specif?

By the way, welcome to both of you.

Tned
12-21-2007, 12:40 AM
By the way, I posted this at broncosfreak, but it said it wouldn't show up until a moderator approved it. While my account there is over 3 years old, I had only posted once, which is probably why. This will give you a little more info about what we are all about. Please share it with others that are looking for a new home:

www.broncosforums.com

whose site is this? They use vBulletin

The site is mine, sort of. I guess I need to explain that.

As you can see, my account here is years old, but I never really posted here. Not because I didn't like the site, but because I was a Broncomania (DenverBroncos.com, not Broncos Country) guy.

Anyway, after several years of happily posting on Broncomania, this summer we found a lot of members becoming unhappy over there. Various changes from implementing the IP system, to the color change, putting the ads up, and a several other policy changes upset many long time posters who began to reduce how much they posted or just disappeared. After talking with some other broncomania members, I decided to start up BroncosForums.com. Most of the initial members came from Broncomania, but we have members from all over now.

As to the somewhat cryptic answer about who owns the site, this is why. I own the domain, I bought the vBulletin software, I pay the monthly bill for the server, and I admin the site, but I decided the day I created the site that I would not make unilateral decisions. I felt that a Broncos fan community should have the decisions made by the community. So, while I own the site and pay the bills, I am only one vote when it comes to how the community is run, rules are set, etc. I have made a commitment to the Broncosforums.com members that I will not make unilateral decisions.

I wouldn't normally come to another message board and post like this, but in light of people starting to show up at Broncosforums.com and seeing threads asking about Broncosforums.com, I thought I should explain a little about it.

This announcement which I put up about 24 hours after we launched explains in more detail the concept we are following to try and really create a community driven site. I hope you at least stop by and say hi and see if it feels like it could be your next home.

http://broncosforums.com/forums/announcement.php?f=19&a=2

Tned

Bronco4ever
12-21-2007, 12:50 AM
The freak shutting down? A temporary thing or permanent? I hadn't heard about that.

It's permanent but they created an alternate forum on another website. It's not a vBulletin forum and it's pretty different to what most freaks wanted. It's a pretty messy deal right now. I can't get into details about it because nobody really knows the scoop on the closure. It's a bummer to a lot of us.

What did you talk about in the lounge? We have the "What's on your mind" forum, which is basically sort of a lounge/chat/anything goes forum. Is that what the lounge was, or something more specif?

By the way, welcome to both of you.

Well the lounge was basically anything and everything. We didn't have a music forum or movies forum, it was just all lumped into the lounge. There are some really creative threads in the lounge that alot of us had fun with(it's hard to describe, kind of a "you had to be there" thing). It also included political and religious threads, but surprisingly, they never really got out of hand. The lounge was always a great place for some laughs and to get to know your fellow Bronco fans better.

Thanks for welcoming me though. It seems very friendly here.

topscribe
12-21-2007, 12:51 AM
:welcome:

:beer:

-----

Cleveland Rocks
12-21-2007, 12:51 AM
Yes, hello, welcome.

:welcome:

Bronco4ever
12-21-2007, 01:01 AM
I feel like I've had a parade thrown for me in my honor. This wasn't a common thing on the freak, atleast recently. Thanks guys.

Lonestar
12-21-2007, 01:47 AM
Welcome to the blue zone..

Jr

Tned
12-21-2007, 02:11 AM
It's permanent but they created an alternate forum on another website. It's not a vBulletin forum and it's pretty different to what most freaks wanted. It's a pretty messy deal right now. I can't get into details about it because nobody really knows the scoop on the closure. It's a bummer to a lot of us.

Well the lounge was basically anything and everything. We didn't have a music forum or movies forum, it was just all lumped into the lounge. There are some really creative threads in the lounge that alot of us had fun with(it's hard to describe, kind of a "you had to be there" thing). It also included political and religious threads, but surprisingly, they never really got out of hand. The lounge was always a great place for some laughs and to get to know your fellow Bronco fans better.

Thanks for welcoming me though. It seems very friendly here.

FYI. We had considered a salute system very similar to what is on the freak. I even had it up and running on my test server. Here is a thread with screen shots: http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2123

In the end, we decided to go a different direction with salutes, although we introduced the current system on a trial basis, so we will be making a decision very soon as to whether the current system will be permanent.

Bronco4ever
12-21-2007, 02:24 AM
FYI. We had considered a salute system very similar to what is on the freak. I even had it up and running on my test server. Here is a thread with screen shots: http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2123

In the end, we decided to go a different direction with salutes, although we introduced the current system on a trial basis, so we will be making a decision very soon as to whether the current system will be permanent.

I really like the salute system we had/have at the Freak. It's fun to keep track of how many salutes you receive and it also gives others recognition for being good posters. The rep system here gets the job done, but there is something about the idea of it being public that makes it exciting and fun. It was implemented probably about a year ago, but it's been a pretty popular feature at the Freak. The spin off forum's #1 priority is to add the salute feature. I think it could work here if it was given the chance.

Bronco4ever
12-21-2007, 02:27 AM

That's funny that you mentioned the salute system to me. I was going to suggest it to you, but I sheepishly decided not to since I'm a newb. I figured pushing my past forum experiences on everyone else would be kinda selfish.

SR
12-21-2007, 02:37 AM
Welcome to the both of you.
:salute:

Tned
12-21-2007, 02:40 AM
That's funny that you mentioned the salute system to me. I was going to suggest it to you, but I sheepishly decided not to since I'm a newb. I figured pushing my past forum experiences on everyone else would be kinda selfish.

We had a lot of conversations about salute/CP systems, in the thread I posted above, and others. I think since most people on Broncosforums.com came from broncomania, they were tired of the statuses and cliques that formed with CP system. There seemed to be some fear of the same thing happening if we tracked salutes given. If you check out that thread, you will see that I implemented a system very similar to what you are used to, but called it a "High Five" instead of salute.

One thing to remember here is it doesn't matter how new you are, we want your feedback. There is an advisory board made up of seven members of the forum. Our job is to listen to feedback, ideas, criticisms and continue to change/enhance the forum in a way that we feel best mirrors the desires of the community at large. That sometimes means putting aside what we personally feel is best, to make sure we are doing what the overall community tells us they want.

Bronco4ever
12-21-2007, 03:06 AM
We had a lot of conversations about salute/CP systems, in the thread I posted above, and others. I think since most people on Broncosforums.com came from broncomania, they were tired of the statuses and cliques that formed with CP system. There seemed to be some fear of the same thing happening if we tracked salutes given. If you check out that thread, you will see that I implemented a system very similar to what you are used to, but called it a "High Five" instead of salute.

One thing to remember here is it doesn't matter how new you are, we want your feedback. There is an advisory board made up of seven members of the forum. Our job is to listen to feedback, ideas, criticisms and continue to change/enhance the forum in a way that we feel best mirrors the desires of the community at large. That sometimes means putting aside what we personally feel is best, to make sure we are doing what the overall community tells us they want.

I read about half the thread you posted. I'll probably read the rest of it later, but it gave me the gist of what the opinion is here. I guess coming from the freak, salutes were always just a fun tool that everyone liked. Nobody cared about their rep too much seeing as though we had a negative rep thread. Some members had inflated salute numbers because they were in cliques but people never hesitated to salute a good post regardless of who the poster was. I can understand where the nay sayers of a rep system here, but it was very successful from where I came from. I don't think you could find anybody there that didn't appreciate it to some degree. I just think of it as incentive to post smart and articulate comments. It might feed some egos but it never really showed at the freak.

SR
12-21-2007, 03:10 AM
I would be in favor of some sort of CP system, just so long as CP bets were disallowed and threads rewarding CPs were also banned. I can't stand that crap because that's exactly how people who aren't deserving of CPs get lots of them.

Cliques are formed anyway, with or without some sort of CP system. Looking at all of the MHS I've recieved, 80% of them are all from the same 10-12 people. Every now and then I'll get an odd ball one, but everyone has their cliques.

At any rate, you seem like you're going to have a positive impact on our little board here, so again, welcome, and I'm looking forward to reading some more of your posts and ideas.

Bronco4ever
12-21-2007, 03:32 AM
Thanks. Likewise, I'll be excited to hear everyone's takes on this board. Too bad the season's about over. :frown:

SR
12-21-2007, 03:54 AM
The off-season shall be a boring, bleak scene 'round here in these parts.:tsk:

Too bad there aren't more Avs fans on this board...hockey season doesn't end until summer. :D

Damn deployments...keep missing key parts of certain sports seasons. :mad:

Skinny
12-21-2007, 07:29 AM
:welcome: Broncos4ever and BOSSHOGG30.

Good to have ya and hope you enjoy.

TXBRONC
12-21-2007, 08:21 AM
Welcome Broncos Forums. :welcome:

schnooks1
12-21-2007, 12:53 PM
:proud:

Welcome.... it is a fun crowd here, even when you disagree with someone you can end up getting a chuckle out of it later!

Blitz
12-26-2007, 01:58 PM
Jake, its always nice to have a fellow South Dakotan here...look forward to your posts.

Tned
12-26-2007, 02:02 PM
Jake, its always nice to have a fellow South Dakotan here...look forward to your posts.

Hey Blitz, welcome to the boards :wave:

Blitz
12-26-2007, 04:16 PM
Hey Blitz, welcome to the boards :wave:
Thanks tnedator!!!

Bronco4ever
12-26-2007, 04:21 PM

Hey Darren. I wasn't sure if you'd make the jump here or not. It's a nice place. Are you enjoying your down time with no school?