PDA

View Full Version : Game Day Thread 10/11/09: New England @ Denver

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

TXBRONC
10-10-2009, 02:20 PM
Let's get this party started. Last's weeks game against the Cowboys was big test, well this one is even bigger in my opinion. The Patriots are still one of the best teams in the League but by no means do I think they are unbeatable. That being said any team lead by a healthy Tom Brady shouldn't be taken lightly. My hope is that our offense can clean up the mistakes so that the defense can stay fresh for pressuring Brady when they do have to be on the field. I also hope our return game can pick of the pace as well. Here's to great game hopefully no injuries! :beer:

:grillin:

Lonestar
10-10-2009, 02:23 PM
was waiting to see this so I could sticky it..:salute:

TXBRONC
10-10-2009, 02:26 PM
was waiting to see this so I could sticky it..:salute:

I'm trying to wait until it's a little later in day CST.

T.K.O.
10-10-2009, 02:47 PM
hey patsies........FEAR THIS !

http://web1.denverbroncos.com/resources/custom/Images/09%20Blogs/dawkins_gc_091009.jpg

2- Minute Warning
10-10-2009, 04:02 PM
I'm surrounded by :look: patsies:shocked: We HAVE TO WIN!!!! Please please please....:love:!:woot::cheer2:

TXBRONC
10-10-2009, 04:41 PM
I'm surrounded by :look: patsies:shocked: We HAVE TO WIN!!!! Please please please....:love:!:woot::cheer2:

If our offense can keep for shooting themselves in the foot I think we have very good chance of winning this game.

Benetto
10-10-2009, 05:42 PM
Broncos 24 Patsies 17

Angel
10-10-2009, 07:07 PM
Can't wait to see Elvis plant Brady into the turf tomorrow!!

Day1BroncoFan
10-10-2009, 07:23 PM
Broncos win 24-20.

:elefant:

milehigh
10-10-2009, 08:04 PM
23-16 Broncos

Nomad
10-10-2009, 09:48 PM
So far tough weekend of football! My son's team loses, WAZZU loses, Buff's don't upset Texass, and LSU is gonna lose at home after 32 games at night there. Hopefully, the BRONCOS surprise me with a win tomorrow!

I will go have my cheese now:pout::D

sneakers
10-10-2009, 09:48 PM
947-3 Broncos

TXBRONC
10-10-2009, 10:08 PM
947-3 Broncos

So you're expecting a nail bitter?

Lonestar
10-10-2009, 10:57 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Broncos Update
BroncosUpdate.com Oct 10, 2009

The Denver Broncos host the New England Patriots on Sunday. Check out the complete game preview.

================================================== ===
New England Patriots (3-1) at Denver Broncos (4-0)
================================================== ===

GAME SNAPSHOT
KICKOFF: Sunday, 4:15 ET
GAMEDATE: 10/11/09
SURFACE: Grass
TV: CBS (Jim Nantz, Phil Simms)
SERIES: 41st regular-season meeting. Broncos lead series 24-16, and have had rare success against the Bill Belichick-led Patriots with victories in five of the last regular-season and playoff meetings between the two teams. The Patriots, however, snapped a three-game losing streak against Denver last season. Overall, they are 8-17 in Denver, including two playoff losses.

PREDICTION: Broncos 22-20

KEYS TO THE GAME: The chess match between Patriots coach Bill Belichick and protege Josh McDaniels is the game within the game. McDaniels has built an offense that doesn't create a lot of big plays, but is versatile and can be effective running four-receiver sets or double tight ends. Rookie RB Knowshon Moreno will have to play a bigger role with Correll Buckhalter's (ankle) status uncertain. New England's offense has become increasingly balanced, with QB Tom Brady throwing fewer passes each week. The ground game has become more integral after the Patriots struggled with protection against the Jets in Week 2.

FAST FACTS: New England has scored on each ensuing drive following the four fumbles it has forced and recovered. ... The Broncos will wear throwback uniforms from 1960-61 to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the AFL.

PERSONNEL NEWS
Patriots:
--RB Fred Taylor did not practice Thursday and will need surgery on his injured ankle. Taylor isn't expected to miss the rest of the season, but could be out for at least a month.

--WR Randy Moss, who had missed most of the week in practice with a back injury, was back on the field Thursday and will be ready to go this weekend in Denver. Moss hasn't missed a game despite his limited participation in practice this season.

--LB Adalius Thomas was not present during the media portion of Thursday's practice, though his status is uncertain at this time. Most likely, Thomas will be a game-time decision and should be available Sunday.

--DL Mike Wright has been fined $5,000 for a roughing the passer penalty committed in Sunday's win over Baltimore. According to Wright, the fine was levied because Wright grabbed quarterback Joe Flacco's facemask. He plans to appeal the fine.

--RT Nick Kaczur has participated in a limited amount of practice this week, but should be ready to go Sunday in Denver despite an ankle injury. Kaczur is one of the keys to New England's pass protection, which will be crucial against the defense-minded Broncos.

Broncos:
--RB Correll Buckhalter missed the first two days of practice this week with an ankle injury. He hasn't been ruled out, but it doesn't appear he will be ready to play Sunday.

--S Brian Dawkins has missed two practices this week with knee and shoulder injuries, but he doesn't appear in much danger of missing Sunday's game. Dawkins has been out at practice, watching his teammates, which most injured Broncos players don't do.

--LB Spencer Larsen missed Thursday's practice and will miss his fifth consecutive game with a shoulder injury. If he isn't ready next week, he could return after the team's Week 7 bye.

--G Ben Hamilton has practiced on a limited basis this week. It appears he will try to play despite a hamstring injury, although the last time he started, against Oakland in Week 4, he had to leave the game early.

--CB Alphonso Smith (ankle) has practiced twice this week, on a limited basis. If Smith isn't 100 percent and can't play, Jack Williams would continue to see action. Williams is coming off a solid game at nickel cornerback.

INSIDE THE CAMPS
Patriots:
Just when things were rolling along offensively for the New England Patriots, they got hit with some bad -- but by no means debilitating -- news.

Veteran running back Fred Taylor, who provided a much-needed spark through the first three games of the season, injured his ankle against the Baltimore Ravens last week and will require surgery.

The good news? Taylor isn't expected to miss the rest of the season. Still, this is a semi-major blow to the Patriots and their running game, which had began to form some sort of an identity after a slow start.

Taylor's injury puts more pressure on Laurence Maroney to carry the load. Can he handle this responsibility? Based on his performance last year and through four games this year, no, but the Patriots have no choice but to see what he can do with Taylor on the sideline.

Maroney has struggled thus far and was relegated to more of a backup role in the aftermath of Taylor's emergence. Then again, he was brought here and acquired through the use of a first-round draft pick to be a franchise back, so now would be a good time to start performing like one.

Nonetheless, the Patriots will also need help from their supporting cast, which includes reliable veteran Kevin Faulk and fellow old-timer Sammy Morris. Both have settled into comfortable roles with the team since Week 1, but may be asked to do more in the upcoming weeks.

With a big game against the Broncos coming up, the Patriots will need all the help they can get to make life easier for Tom Brady. Taylor has had a history of injury problems in the past and has played a full season just twice in his career, so it's understandable if the Patriots are nervous.

For now, though, the Patriots have to keep their minds on the present and find a way to replace a crafty veteran who added a sizeable boost to their running game. This will take a collaborative team effort.

Broncos:
Every week, the Broncos insist there's nothing wrong with receiver Eddie Royal and say he is due for a breakout. Then each week, Royal has a quiet game.

Royal, who had 91 catches as a rookie last season, has eight catches for 58 yards in four games combined this season. Various theories have been tossed about for Royal's inactivity, including whether he and quarterback Kyle Orton don't have good chemistry.

Orton said the opposite is true.

"I think Eddie and I have probably the best rapport with all of our receivers," Orton said. "We have worked extremely hard, and Eddie is one of those guys that stays after practice every day to run routes and make sure he is doing everything that I want him to do. He has worked hard. We would love to get him the ball more. Maybe it will be the week."

Orton said he thinks Royal will have a big game soon. The Broncos offense is predicated on hitting the open man and not forcing touches to anyone, so fortunes can rise and fall week to week.

Royal, who hasn't complained about his role or lack of statistics, is being watched closely by opponents. They have played some zone to his side to negate his vertical ability, and sometimes they have given him double-team treatment.

"They have certainly been aware of him inside and out," Orton said. "They have done a great job of making sure they know where he is at and relating to him and trying to take him away, but Eddie is the type of guy that can beat double coverage."

http://den.scout.com/2/907787.html

Reidman
10-10-2009, 11:17 PM
GO BRONCOS!!!

I will be following this game closely at work....:beer:

broncophan
10-11-2009, 12:25 AM
GO BRONCOS!!!!
I will be following this game closely from my couch!!
Enjoy the game everyone..

Jaws
10-11-2009, 04:41 AM
Not getting this one on tv, but five extra will be broadcasting the audio. I shall be listening closely for the sound of Doom pounding Brady to the ground and Dawks flying around. Predicting a TD for the D tonight a TD or two by the O and a few field goals, which should be just enough to put the Pats away hopefully.
Oh and more hugs too!

Reidman
10-11-2009, 07:04 AM
Not getting this one on tv, but five extra will be broadcasting the audio. I shall be listening closely for the sound of Doom pounding Brady to the ground and Dawks flying around. Predicting a TD for the D tonight a TD or two by the O and a few field goals, which should be just enough to put the Pats away hopefully.
Oh and more hugs too!

Yeah, our D deserves a TD! Here's to a beat down of the Pansies...:beer:

Off to work everyone, have a marvelous football day!

Canmore
10-11-2009, 07:57 AM
Denver goes 5-0! Broncos 20-17.:defense:

WTE
10-11-2009, 09:24 AM
hey patsies........FEAR THIS !

http://web1.denverbroncos.com/resources/custom/Images/09%20Blogs/dawkins_gc_091009.jpg

Yo Donks!

Fear this!!

http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2007/12/10/1197290005_8748.jpg

ssgtwc
10-11-2009, 09:27 AM
Here's to another good game of FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!

Bronco Warrior
10-11-2009, 09:33 AM
Fear the SKIRT!!!

GEM
10-11-2009, 10:36 AM
ESPN 1600 just called the game "the game of the week".

Guys and gals...the Broncos are on the radar.

jrelway
10-11-2009, 10:43 AM
cmon moreno! lets hope we run, and run hard. keep brady off the field, and hope the refs dont call any gay penalties for brady. sucks im workin today, but i have a t.v. and plenty of drinks to quench the thirst. lets do this!!!!

Lonestar
10-11-2009, 10:50 AM
ESPN 1600 just called the game "the game of the week".

Guys and gals...the Broncos are on the radar.

how could we not be, afterall we did beat Americas team.. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Bronco Warrior
10-11-2009, 11:07 AM
It's Grasshoppa and the Sensei! Of course it's a big game! Not because we are 4-0 and top Defense in the league about to knock the smirk of Brady's face. :throwrock:

pnbronco
10-11-2009, 11:10 AM
A good game, no injuries, Broncos win a close one and that I don't get frost bite.

GEM
10-11-2009, 11:11 AM
A good game, no injuries, Broncos win a close one and that I don't get frost bite.

Bundle up girl! 6 or 7 layers!!!

BroncoAV06
10-11-2009, 11:12 AM
Alright got my orange crush shirt and my throwback yellow one so I'm good to go here at work. Defense again is going to have its hands full. Offense is just off on alot plays still, if Orton can hit 2-3 more of those passes were they try and streatch the field that could be huge today.

MasterShake
10-11-2009, 11:13 AM
My friend asked me today if we could only win one of our next two games (SD or NE) which one would I pick. I punched him the head and shouted "WE WILL WIN BOTH!".

Just kidding. I kicked him in the groin.

Lonestar
10-11-2009, 11:15 AM

Bundle up girl! 6 or 7 layers!!!

I was going to say lots of lubricant and antifreeze..

we used to like schnapps of various flavors... my favorite was 3 parts hot chocolate and 1 part peppermint schnapps :salute:

Lonestar
10-11-2009, 11:16 AM
My friend asked me today if we could only win one of our next two games (SD or NE) which one would I pick. I punched him the head and shouted "WE WILL WIN BOTH!".

either way it is a real headache..:salute:

topscribe
10-11-2009, 11:25 AM
Yo Donks!

Fear this!!

http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2007/12/10/1197290005_8748.jpg

Fear this!!

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Temp/secondary.jpg

-----

Chica_Ang
10-11-2009, 11:29 AM
"I think Eddie and I have probably the best rapport with all of our receivers," Orton said. "We have worked extremely hard, and Eddie is one of those guys that stays after practice every day to run routes and make sure he is doing everything that I want him to do. He has worked hard. We would love to get him the ball more. Maybe it will be the week."

...Royal, who hasn't complained about his role or lack of statistics, is being watched closely by opponents. They have played some zone to his side to negate his vertical ability, and sometimes they have given him double-team treatment.

...but Eddie is the type of guy that can beat double coverage."

I would just like say on this fine Sunday Morning that Eddie is a class guy. It shows on the field. If the guy is staying over after practice every day to get it down, I don't think a player can show more dedication to the sport. :salute:

I'm excited about this game!!! wooot

topscribe
10-11-2009, 11:35 AM
Chica:

http://broncotalk.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/secondary.JPG :D

-----

Chica_Ang
10-11-2009, 11:40 AM
Thank you! :salute:

honz
10-11-2009, 11:41 AM
What happens if we get trounced?

:couch:

pnbronco
10-11-2009, 11:41 AM

Fear this!!

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Temp/secondary.jpg

-----

Top love the picture!!! You are getting the blood starting to run again.
(can you send a link of this picture?)

Jr, thanks but I really don't drink too much of a light weight and I'll need the energy to yell my head off, but keep a little to talk to customers next week..:D

Bronco Warrior
10-11-2009, 11:47 AM

The laws of the Universe will have totally Unraveled and we are all screwed!

sacmar
10-11-2009, 11:51 AM
Toughest "d" in the league they'll call us after today. No way the bronco's loose on my b-day, it just ain't gonna happen.

WTE
10-11-2009, 12:19 PM

The same thing that always happens on these boards after a loss.

1. There will be tons of infighting among Broncos fans.

2. Half the board will demand McDaniels be fired

3. The other half will demand Orton be benched in favor of Brandstater.

You people are very predictable. :D

Slick
10-11-2009, 12:20 PM
The same thing that always happens on these boards after a loss.

1. There will be tons of infighting among Broncos fans.

2. Half the board will demand McDaniels be fired

3. The other half will demand Orton be benched in favor of Brandstater.

You people are very predictable. :D

That also happens when we win WTE.

Nomad
10-11-2009, 12:22 PM

then it will be a boring game to watch!;)

Nomad
10-11-2009, 12:24 PM

The heart says both as well but if I had a choice it'd be the Chargers! You don't look like the violent type MS!!

Bronco Warrior
10-11-2009, 12:32 PM
http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=104&pictureid=898
Emperor Billantine and Tom Sith shall be defeated!!! lol!

Tned
10-11-2009, 12:43 PM
The heart says both as well but if I had a choice it'd be the Chargers! You don't look like the violent type MS!!

Division game. I want to win both, but if I had to choose one, it would be SD. Beating SD next week would go a long way to winning the AFCW.

Bronco Warrior
10-11-2009, 12:51 PM
How about BOTH? The Hated PAtriots and the Dispised Chargers!! The teams I hate the most are the Pats, Raiders Cowboys and Chargers and we get them 4 weeks in a row! How cool is that? A sweep would make my season!!

topscribe
10-11-2009, 12:52 PM
Top love the picture!!! You are getting the blood starting to run again.
(can you send a link of this picture?)

Jr, thanks but I really don't drink too much of a light weight and I'll need the energy to yell my head off, but keep a little to talk to customers next week..:D

Check out Post #35. :)

-----

Sparkie
10-11-2009, 01:09 PM
Looking forward to this game!! :tea:

For the second week in a row, the Broncos game is the featured live NFL commentary game over here in the UK, on BBC Radio 5 Live (Sports Extra). :beer:

Also interested to see how the Pats play 'cos, two weeks today - health permitting - I'll be at Wembley Stadium in London watching 'em play the Bucs in the International Series game. :D

Feeling a bit zzzy today so may be tucked up in bed by kick-off - but I'll be listening to the game offline via the BBC commentary on digital radio.

Personally I don't mind what tonight's result is - so long as we play darned well against the Pats AND win against the Bolts next week.
BUT ... I'm SO proud of how this Broncos team has been playing so far - and I know we ARE capable of pulling off a win in BOTH games.

So: GO BRONCOS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :salute:

:defense: :defense: :defense: :defense:

Denver Native (Carol)
10-11-2009, 01:16 PM
Toughest "d" in the league they'll call us after today. No way the bronco's loose on my b-day, it just ain't gonna happen.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SACMAR

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=778095#post778095

Bronco Warrior
10-11-2009, 01:23 PM
Hey just a sidenote..didn't want to start a new thread but the Ref that called all the BS Baby calls for Brady last week jkust held the flag on a helmet to helmet hit by a KC player on Romo! Brady Bias or just scared to look like he's bias, and the bad press the refs got? good sign for our game? The refs gonna call that better this week?

WTE
10-11-2009, 01:34 PM
Hey just a sidenote..didn't want to start a new thread but the Ref that called all the BS Baby calls for Brady last week jkust held the flag on a helmet to helmet hit by a KC player on Romo! Brady Bias or just scared to look like he's bias, and the bad press the refs got? good sign for our game? The refs gonna call that better this week?

Wasn't that the same ref that called that BS hit to the helmet by Mike Wright of NE against Flacco in that same game?

You mean that ref?

Lonestar
10-11-2009, 01:39 PM
All I want to see is Tough, Smart, Physical football this week and from here on out.

That will win most games, for us.

For those that it does not, then we got beat by a better team....

Slick
10-11-2009, 01:46 PM
I think it's going to be a physical game, and I don't think the refs will decide the contest. One team will beat the other one up just a little bit more throughout the course of the game. I hope Moreno and Orton can protect the football and not give them anything cheap. Win the field position battle and be patient, like we have all year.

LoyalSoldier
10-11-2009, 01:58 PM
Maybe we can blind them with our terrible uniforms. I would rather have the Elway era type throw backs.

Nomad
10-11-2009, 01:59 PM
Division game. I want to win both, but if I had to choose one, it would be SD. Beating SD next week would go a long way to winning the AFCW.

Yep! And the psychy of the BRONCOS, basically getting blown out the last 3 yrs, it would be a great victory to win at Qualcomm convincingly. I digress today is about the Patriots and hopefully the BRONCOS prove me wrong and win!!

Nomad
10-11-2009, 02:00 PM
Maybe we can blind them with our terrible uniforms. I would rather have the Elway era type throw backs.

Most of us would, but they weren't around in 1960!!

Bronco Warrior
10-11-2009, 02:00 PM
Wasn't that the same ref that called that BS hit to the helmet by Mike Wright of NE against Flacco in that same game?

You mean that ref?

Oh You mean the Headbutt on Flacco? Yeah that one. The same crew has been eating the yellow instead of throwing it. They don't want to appear so flag happy like they were w the Pats. Somebody obviously got a talking too!

topscribe
10-11-2009, 02:06 PM
One of the "crap teams" Denver beat, Cincinnati, leads the Ravens in the third quarter, 10-7 . . .

-----

Slick
10-11-2009, 02:13 PM
We're starting to get more credit for that win Top. Luckily we aren't trying to impress voters for post season aspirations.

Tned
10-11-2009, 02:16 PM
Inactives per Frank Schwab:

@fs3142 Broncos inactives: Brandstater, Buckhalter, Larsen, Olsen, Baker, Gorin, Lloyd, J Moss.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-11-2009, 02:17 PM

Those will also be worn this year - it's all about history, so why not start with the original uniforms?

Tned
10-11-2009, 02:22 PM
Orton on KOA, talking about the TD throw to Moreno. "Was holding my breath. When Moreno was on the LB, I thought he would get good seperation, but then when he threw it and Spencer (DE) was there, it went right through his hands. Had to thank Spencer after the game for that. Don't think Moreno ever even saw it, just hit his hands and stuck." (paraphrased but that's about what he said).

Bronco Warrior
10-11-2009, 02:30 PM
Awesome! Phonso is active!! Also look at the Pic of McD on the top of the NFL Game center Broncos game! I'm too dumb to figure out how to get the pic? Can anybody help? He looks FIERCE!! rofl
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009101110/2009/REG5/patriots@broncos

topscribe
10-11-2009, 02:33 PM
Orton on KOA, talking about the TD throw to Moreno. "Was holding my breath. When Moreno was on the LB, I thought he would get good seperation, but then when he threw it and Spencer (DE) was there, it went right through his hands. Had to thank Spencer after the game for that. Don't think Moreno ever even saw it, just hit his hands and stuck." (paraphrased but that's about what he said).

Kyle is an honest man . . .

-----

Bronco Warrior
10-11-2009, 02:40 PM
Glad Josh isn't being satisfied with Orton's play. When you rehear that "My Bad" bit...it is preceeded by "....you gotta hit that!" Does he mean hit that open guy? Can't think of what else he could mean :confused:

Lancane
10-11-2009, 02:41 PM
Kyle is an honest man . . .

-----

Didn't you argue with me against that being a lucky reception when I said it was an ill advised throw?

:confused:

topscribe
10-11-2009, 02:44 PM
Didn't you argue with me against that being a lucky reception when I said it was an ill advised throw?

:confused:

No I didn't. I argued that it was a beautiful throw, pinpoint accurate with a lot of velocity.

The decision did not take away from that.

I did provide my scenario on what I thought what happened, and I was wrong.

-----

Lancane
10-11-2009, 02:45 PM
Glad Josh isn't being satisfied with Orton's play. When you rehear that "My Bad" bit...it is preceeded by "....you gotta hit that!" Does he mean hit that open guy? Can't think of what else he could mean :confused:

I believe it has to do with hitting his receivers when he should, or I think. Remember, the quarterbacks in the Pro-Spread or variants of the scheme usually have some of the highest completion percentages amongst all active quarterbacks, it is that friendly of a system for that particular position. It is what helped Couch and Smith be drafted so high, look at Tebow...

So IMHO, he was just trying to say he had to connect with receivers when they are in such position, nothing more then that.

Tned
10-11-2009, 02:52 PM
NFL Network did a piece on all the bad passes that Orton has made, missing wide open receivers when Orton had all kinds of time in the pocket. This week, Orton will likely need to hit those open receivers for the Broncos to have a chance.

Lancane
10-11-2009, 02:54 PM
NFL Network did a piece on all the bad passes that Orton has made, missing wide open receivers when Orton had all kinds of time in the pocket. This week, Orton will likely need to hit those open receivers for the Broncos to have a chance.

That and the defense has to be on top of their game IMHO.

topscribe
10-11-2009, 02:57 PM
Bengals 17, Ravens 14. 22 seconds left in the game.

-----

silkamilkamonico
10-11-2009, 02:58 PM

He leaves way too many plays out on the field, and I know I sound like a broken record when saying that but it's true.

I can't really hate on him because he isn't making bad decisions and he isn't leaving his defense out on a limb, but at the same time he's going to have to start making more plays.

Nomad
10-11-2009, 02:59 PM
I'm gonna be pissed if I miss another BRONCOS kickoff

Lancane
10-11-2009, 03:00 PM
Bengals 17, Ravens 14. 22 seconds left in the game.

-----

Talk about a great comeback game, first Flacco and the Ravens take the lead and nearly win only to see the Bengals come back and take it... Good Game.

Bronco Warrior
10-11-2009, 03:01 PM
That's what I was thinking! Good Call!

Anybody see the pic I'm talking about on the GameCenter page? The spotlight page at the top! McDaniels looks Fierce!

Side note:Bengals just beat Ravens! :woot:

Bronco Warrior
10-11-2009, 03:05 PM
I'm so jacked! lol! The wings are cooked! Chips in a bowl! BigAss Broncos Mugg of Ice and a 2 liter of Coke! TD Jersey on, my Ex in her/MY Elway jersey and nuffing else..lol!

It's gametime!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bronco Warrior
10-11-2009, 03:07 PM
Cleveland's gonna beat Bills..the team that gave PAts more than they could handle and should lost to!

broncophan
10-11-2009, 03:08 PM
Anderson 2/17 for 23 yards lol......and the browns win.....

Bronco Warrior
10-11-2009, 03:11 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: The Bills!

Sparkie
Awesome! Phonso is active!! Also look at the Pic of McD on the top of the NFL Game center Broncos game! I'm too dumb to figure out how to get the pic? Can anybody help? He looks FIERCE!! rofl
Yep, AWESOME pic of McD!

Rght-clicking won't bring up any "save image" options - image is no doubt copyrighted to the NFL Network anyway ...

The McD image is headlined "Pupil Battling Mentor". :fight:
Now why does that make me think of of Jedi Knights? :laser: :madgrin:
May the Force be with you, young McSkywalker ... ;) :salute: :defense:

Lancane

Talk about an ugly weekend in the NFL, my picks are going to be all over the place!

:eek:

AgentOrange
10-11-2009, 03:14 PM
Dammit....the KC/ Dallas game looks to be going into overtime, blocking the Denv game until it's over

Az Snake
10-11-2009, 03:14 PM

--- Go Broncos !!! ---

(SR... Thanks for the C-130 flyover !!!)

Denver Native (Carol)
10-11-2009, 03:15 PM
:salute:GO BRONCOS:salute:

BroncoAV06
10-11-2009, 03:17 PM
Oh snap its the wild horse!

soonerjh
Wild horse formation alright!

honz
Wilddonkey?

Nomad
Gaffney with twisted stripes??

BroncoAV06
10-11-2009, 03:18 PM
I really like the helmets. Gaff with the twisted socks not feelin it.

Slick
Nice start

honz
Marshall!

topscribe
Those unis are hard to take . . .

-----

honz
10-11-2009, 03:19 PM
Moreno is such a beast. I'm loving the Wild Donkey!

Tned
lol, I really didn't expect to see the Broncos running the wild hog offense.

honz
TScheff hurdling defenders like a wild horse!

Jaws
Woot, scheffy!

Nomad
10-11-2009, 03:20 PM

-----

You wore the Brown and Yellow at one point of your fandom;):D

BroncoAV06
Solid socks would make these uni's extra awesome!

Denver Native (Carol)

-----

I love them :elefant:

Slick
Coach has your avy on his hat Top.

Den21vsBal19
10-11-2009, 03:21 PM
Wellllllllllll.......................that uniform is..............................different......... ..

Somehow, pictures don't quite do it the same justice as when it moves :eek:

honz
NE shell shocked and needs to take a TO. I'd love to finish this drive here and at least get 3 on the board. We haven't scored on our first possession all year.

Jaws
Pats panic timeout!
Maybe they need to adjust their sunglasses to cope with the unis.

honz
10-11-2009, 03:22 PM
I think the white guys look especially funny in them for some reason.

Bronco Warrior
Damn! This is some crazy shit! Belicheat doesn't know what to think!!! An moreno an Marshall are Beasting already! And Scheffler! :woot:

NameUsedBefore

One of the comments on NFL.com called it a "crime against humanity".

topscribe
You wore the Brown and Yellow at one point of your fandom;):D

That didn't mean I liked them . . . :laugh:

-----

Den21vsBal19

-----
I think I may be ill before the end of the night................................thank god I'm not drinking :lol:

Nice move by Sheff :D

Bronco Warrior
10-11-2009, 03:23 PM
Wilddonkey?

That's wild AS! rofl

honz
10-11-2009, 03:23 PM
Damn...knock it through Prater.

LoyalSoldier
10-11-2009, 03:24 PM
Anyone got a link to the stream?

honz
**** me. All that for nothing.

Slick
That wasn't even close.

BroncoAV06
Damn. At least 3 would have been nice.

broncophan
shit......prater

Nomad
10-11-2009, 03:25 PM
uh oh! Should of came away with points!! Comeon defense!!:defense:

Jaws
Grr, what a let down.

BroncoWave
Way to ruin a great drive Prater.

Denver Native (Carol)
:defense::defense::defense:

girler
10-11-2009, 03:28 PM
I want me some of them socks! :love:

And wth was that??? :shocked:

honz
10-11-2009, 03:28 PM
Wow, we just got owned by that play. Beautifully drawn up.

Nomad
10-11-2009, 03:29 PM
Got holdem to 3!!

Slick
10-11-2009, 03:29 PM
Isn't Morris too old to be that quick? Ouch.

Nomad
10-11-2009, 03:30 PM
pats oline is owning the dline

broncophan
cmon d

Tned
Ouch

BroncoAV06
Patriots offense fireing on all cylinders.

honz
10-11-2009, 03:31 PM
Well, this isn't the best way to start the game.

broncophan
way to easy

Nomad
Boo!!! safety not coming to help!!

Slick
10-11-2009, 03:33 PM
Welker made a nice play there. We had guys in the area. Hopefully we'll start getting pressure on Brady, or that will happen more.

sacmar
10-11-2009, 03:33 PM
It's them stupid uniforms...

honz
10-11-2009, 03:34 PM
Take a knee Kenny!

Nomad
10-11-2009, 03:34 PM
Welker made a nice play there. We had guys in the area. Hopefully we'll start getting pressure on Brady, or that will happen more.

23 was standing there watching!!

honz
10-11-2009, 03:35 PM
23 was standing there watching!!

Looked like he was covering the deep zone.

honz
10-11-2009, 03:36 PM
Cowboys win in OT...

Bronco Warrior
Shhhhhhiiiiiiittttttxxx

topscribe
Scheffler hurt . . .

-----

Slick
10-11-2009, 03:38 PM
He needs to correct that problem.

Nomad
It's going to be a long game!

Stupid challenge/wasteof timeout Mcdaniel

honz
Wow...not good. Not sure how that popped out of there.

Bronco Warrior
Moreno is running his ass off!
Damn! That fumble sucks!

WTE
10-11-2009, 03:39 PM
Denver coughs it up again!

Patriots ball!

honz
Waste of a challenge...

BroncoAV06
Wow, this is about as bad as it gets, Patriots score and now chance to go up two scores.

Bronco Warrior
10-11-2009, 03:40 PM
The Ref will now go ask the Crowd at the Boston "Buffalo Wild Wings" restaurant what they think!!

Slick
Josh is buying more time for the defense to rest, make some adjustments after the last drive. Obviously that's a fumble.

Nomad
Looked like he was covering the deep zone.

True! It was a short field though and he should be reading the QB. Oh well, can't do anything about it!

topscribe
Waste of a challenge...

All that did was cost a TO

-----

sneakers
This aint looking good

JONtheBRONCO
10-11-2009, 03:42 PM
Lets go Denver, come on!

Bronco Warrior
Gaffney just sitting there with his thumb up his add!! would had a chance to recover that!

Jaws
Come on D. Time to step up or this will get stinky.

Bronco Warrior
10-11-2009, 03:43 PM
Dawkins!!!

sneakers
10-11-2009, 03:43 PM
Yeah!

red98
10-11-2009, 03:44 PM
Jmfw!

Nomad
Way to sit back and read the QB!!

Denver Native (Carol)
Dang - so far - no pressure on Brady - got to bring it

Bronco Warrior
Jack MFing Williams!! Nice breakup!

Nomad
10-11-2009, 03:45 PM
Way to go:defense:

sneakers
Tom Brady is a homosexual

honz
Wowza! Got away with one there...Moss WIDE open.

Slick
Got lucky on that 3rd down. Nevertheless, good job.

BroncoAV06
Oh avoided one there. Defense gets the stop, keeps it close. Nice play by Jack on 2nd down.

Jaws
In-com-plete.....music to my ears.

honz
That's how you do it Prater...

Denver Native (Carol)
Could have been worse

WTE
10-11-2009, 03:46 PM
Gostowski.

Best kicker in the league.

Adam who?

Bronco Warrior
Isn't Light holding inside the outer edge of Doom's pads and his jersey supposed to be a penalty? :confused:

honz
Tom Brady leaves so many plays on the field.

Bronco Warrior
10-11-2009, 03:47 PM
Tom Brady is a homosexual

Shhhhhh It's supposed to be a secret!!

Nomad
Could have been worse

yes it could of! BRONCOS can't afford being down 10-0 but 14-0 would have been brutual!!

Now we'll see what Orton is made of! I'm missin me BUCK!

red98
we could use a short field here

Keystonebronco
Hate to say it, but this is a very VERY important drive here.. we need some points.

Nomad
10-11-2009, 03:48 PM
Isn't Light holding inside the outer edge of Doom's pads and his jersey supposed to be a penalty? :confused:

Not as long as he is shifting his feet!!

WTE
10-11-2009, 03:49 PM

Still crying like a baby over the refs.

Bronco Warrior
10-11-2009, 03:49 PM
Royal! good Boy!! Lord we look hideous in these Unis!

Nomad
10-11-2009, 03:50 PM

It was a legit question!!

Denver Native (Carol)
10-11-2009, 03:51 PM

This is not the smack area

Bronco Warrior
Belichick looks like the BlueBerry Dough Boy!

topscribe

This is not the smack forum. Chill.

-----

Bronco Warrior
10-11-2009, 03:53 PM
It's also a question i know the answer too and the way he is doing it it is a HOLD!

BroncoAV06
Short on a pass on 3rd and 2...

Denver Native (Carol)
COME ON - WE NEED SOME TOUGH :defense:

Slick
It's also a question i know the answer too and the way he is doing it it is a HOLD!

It works for both sides of the ball. I hope the refs continue to let them play.

Nomad
10-11-2009, 03:54 PM
Patriots are going to kill us with the underneath passes

Jaws
Snack suggestions please?
I need some nibbles to cheer me up.

Bronco Warrior
Um Hello...Worst Troll EVER??

Jaws
10-11-2009, 03:55 PM
Woot, we're getting it back.

Denver Native (Carol)
:defense::defense::defense:

honz
Wow...poor tackling, but still good enough to stop em! Good job D!

BroncoAV06
Oh that was huge, hit in the back field and the Broncos were able to stop Morris just short!

Denver Native (Carol)
Um Hello...Worst Troll EVER??

Let it go

BroncoAV06
10-11-2009, 03:56 PM
Alright, time to bust out the stick em.

Nomad
Damn comeon offense! defense has settled and doing their job now it's your turn to put 7 points on the board! Come on fumblers:mad:! BALL SECURITY!!

honz
Sweet lateral by Royal to JMFW! :lol:

:faint:

Bronco Warrior
It works for both sides of the ball. I hope the refs continue to let them play.
Amen!

Don't ask me I just snarfed down 18 hot wings and a fist full of carrot sticks and a liter of Coke!!! Sick now!!

Slick
Nice stop by the D. Let's do something with this field position guys.

Mike
That could have been a disaster

silkamilkamonico
Really, really unimpressed with Eddie Royal this year.

Jaws
10-11-2009, 03:57 PM
Gaffney goes!

Slick
10-11-2009, 03:58 PM
Gaffney has his socks twisted slightly. It's giving me a barber shop pole effect.

Bronco Warrior
10-11-2009, 03:58 PM
Lateral? :smack: is that what we are going with? lol! Nice heads up from Jack........

BroncoAV06
10-11-2009, 03:59 PM
Don't ask me I just snarfed down 18 hot wings and a fist full of carrot sticks and a liter of Coke!!! Sick now!!

Oh I can't wait till I get off work! Stuck with some pretzels and a diet coke.

Nomad
10-11-2009, 03:59 PM
Both our lines are getting man handled!!

Buff
10-11-2009, 04:00 PM
Wilfork weighs like 800 pounds, Wiegman is way overmatched.

honz
10-11-2009, 04:01 PM
Hit Scheff on the hands...sigh.

Slick
Sheff's gotta catch that.

Nomad
Good coverage

Bronco Warrior
We are sucking!!

nevcraw
up to the D>> turnover time!!!!

Jaws
10-11-2009, 04:02 PM
I predicted a TD by the D in this game. Now would be the perfect time to do that!

Keystonebronco
we need champ to win it for us!

Bronco Warrior
Not sure if the Wings or the game is giving me heartburn!! !8 is just way too many in one fast sitting!!

Slick
This is a typical first half for us. I'm not worried yet.

Buff
10-11-2009, 04:03 PM

The shanked FG worries me. Other than that I agree.

honz
OMG. That girl from the Big Bang theory is so hot... :drool:

broken12
Really, really unimpressed with Eddie Royal this year.

he's being underutilized by the mastermind, same as hillis, hillis played in the wildcat at arkansas should line him moreno and royal back there when they go to that formation

honz
10-11-2009, 04:04 PM
Gotta find a way to get pressure on Brady...

Slick
The shanked FG worries me. Other than that I agree.

That sucked.

Tned
OMG. That girl from the Big Bang theory is so hot... :drool:

Yep

Sparkie
10-11-2009, 04:05 PM
Fer goodness' sake, yer a sharkie! Eet the opposition, of course!!! :madgrin: ;)

Otherwise, howabout some chocolate and banana to go with the Broncs throwback colour theme? :madgrin: :madgrin:

C'mon DEFENSE!!!! :defense:

Bronco Warrior
How are we not pressuring the worst line we have faced?
Brady looks like Steve Grogan in these uniforms!

Nomad
he's being underutilized by the mastermind, same as hillis, hillis played in the wildcat at arkansas should line him moreno and royal back there when they go to that formation

MCDaniels has to adjust his running backs because Moreno doesn't have enough ass to run through this line!

BroncoAV06
10-11-2009, 04:06 PM
Patriots running all over the Broncos, short passing game is working as well, trouble.

Nomad

If they go down 17-0 then you should because the offense looks enimic!

broken12
MCDaniels has to adjust his running backs because Moreno doesn't have enough ass to run through this line!

lol yeah right.....230lbs

Bronco Warrior
10-11-2009, 04:07 PM
12 men are yo kidding?

Bronco Warrior
10-11-2009, 04:08 PM
Damn! close to a sack

honz
Damn, we could have used that sack.

Jaws
Get Brady!

guitarj
Not looking good.

Bronco Warrior
Hell no! No catch!!

Jaws
10-11-2009, 04:09 PM
?????????
What are these refs doing?

BroncoAV06
For 3 yards McD? Save it.

honz
Gonna be 3rd and 10 here...gotta get off the field.

honz
For 3 yards McD? Save it.

3 yards is a pretty big difference on 3rd down.

Tned
10-11-2009, 04:10 PM
I'm not sure that using the last challenge here is smart. In the second half, there could be a key call with no chance to review.

Bronco Warrior
How sad is it that the refs missed that so bad, and McD had to challenge it :(

Slick
Let that 3 yards go. We might need a challenge in the second half. I agree with Simms.

Buff
What is the challenge allotment rule again? You get 2 challenges per half, and you get an extra if you have 2 successfully overturned? Is that right?

BroncoAV06
3 yards is a pretty big difference on 3rd down.

Yes but to burn all the challanges in the 1st half? You just never know.

Northman
Things arent looking too good this week. Hopefully we can regain ourselves and get a stop here.

Bronco Warrior
10-11-2009, 04:11 PM
We get one more if this is upheld..Right?

Mike
10-11-2009, 04:11 PM
I'm not sure that using the last challenge here is smart. In the second half, there could be a key call with no chance to review.

And all they get out of it is 3 yards. Not worth it...the way NE is moving the ball.

Bronco Warrior
10-11-2009, 04:12 PM
Wait..that is right only if both are upheld! Shit!

Slick
What is the challenge allotment rule again? You get 2 challenges per half, and you get an extra if you have 2 successfully overturned? Is that right?

Pretty sure you only get two for the game, and if you get them both right, then you get an extra.

Jaws
Time to chew on some nuts!
*opens large pack of salted peanuts*

Tned

2 challenges for the whole game, but get a third if you win the first two. That is why the first challenge, that was clearly a fumble was so bad. It wasn't about losing the TO, but using a challenge.