PDA

View Full Version : Champ Bailey on Josh McDaniels

WARHORSE
10-10-2009, 10:33 AM
From Schefters 10 Spot:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=schefter_adam&id=4543184

"I tell you what, just being under Josh McDaniels for a few months now, I mean he's a guy that is going to have you as prepared as you can be for a game, and that's something that throughout my 11 years I haven't had a lot of," Broncos cornerback Champ Bailey (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=1758) said. "I've had some great coaches, including [Mike] Shanahan, but [McDaniels] is definitely one-of-a-kind in the way that he approaches the game."

Also:

Rookie RBs hitting their stride: Get ready for rookie running backs to start running wild. We already have seen glimpses of it. In Denver, first-round pick Knowshon Moreno (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=12516) has begun to emerge and will receive even more carries with Correll Buckhalter (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=2670) nursing a sprained ankle. One NFC executive said this past spring that Moreno was the most impressive college running back he had seen since Emmitt Smith (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=72) -- which helps explains why, even though Denver needed defense, it selected Moreno in the draft.

Northman
10-10-2009, 10:34 AM
Great article.

WTE
10-10-2009, 11:39 AM
You guys are very lucky to have a Bill Belichick Disciple.

EMB6903
10-10-2009, 11:45 AM
^It goes way beyond that.

Im tired of hearing about being under Bellichick for those years is the biggest reason for Josh Mcdaniels early success. It sure didnt work for Crennell, Mangini, or Weis.

BroncoWave
10-10-2009, 11:53 AM

Im tired of hearing about being under Bellichick for those years is the biggest reason for Josh Mcdaniels early success. It sure didnt work for Crennell, Mangini, or Weis.

Agreed. Given the fact that he appears to be the exception rather than the rule when it comes to BB disciples, I think that it proves more that McD is good coach by his own doing than because he was under BB.

Lonestar
10-10-2009, 02:36 PM

perhaps it is because he learned his Football under his dad until he went to college.. perhaps it is because he grew up playing football in the shadows of the NFL HOF..

when he got to NE he sucked up everything up he could from all aspects of the game and FO..

he had a mission and he mastered it.. the others may have been going thought the motions.. or just went to a team that sucked worse than we did..:laugh:

TXBRONC
10-10-2009, 02:43 PM

I wouldn't feel that way if it were Mangini, Crennel, or Weis.

honz
10-10-2009, 02:44 PM
Champ Bailey is a bust.

Lonestar
10-10-2009, 02:49 PM
I wouldn't feel that way if it were Mangini, Crennel, or Weis.

coming into a class organization may have had a different outcome for them also.. do you think anyone can turn CIN, CLE around

actually Mangini did great job in NYJ till Farve got hurt they were on a roll with 6-7 straight wins..

Lonestar
10-10-2009, 02:50 PM
Champ Bailey is a bust.

got to remember he was all over slowicks bandwagon when he was promoted to DC before they hired Bates..

Now I really love Champ but that one really sticks in my craw

Angel
10-10-2009, 03:03 PM

And we'll love him if he beats you guys tomorrow, I'm thinking he already knows what the pats are going to do before they do it.

underrated29
10-10-2009, 03:18 PM
And we'll love him if he beats you guys tomorrow, I'm thinking he already knows what the pats are going to do before they do it.

oooh some 12 monkeys stuff.

T.K.O.
10-10-2009, 03:19 PM
coming into a class organization may have had a different outcome for them also.. do you think anyone can turn CIN, CLE around

actually Mangini did great job in NYJ till Farve got hurt they were on a roll with 6-7 straight wins..

well yeah.....its not fair because mangenius had farve and mcD has orton....2 of the all time greats!:D

ok...ok it was a joke.or.......was.........IT?:confused:

Lonestar
10-10-2009, 04:36 PM
well yeah.....its not fair because mangenius had Farve and MCD has orton....2 of the all time greats!:D

ok...ok it was a joke.or.......was.........IT?:confused:

well KO just may be great some day after learning from mini me..:salute:

Lancane
10-10-2009, 05:12 PM
got to remember he was all over slowicks bandwagon when he was promoted to DC before they hired Bates..

Now I really love Champ but that one really sticks in my craw

Jr, let's be fair...sometimes you can really like a coach, his personality and what he says he will bring...even if it does not play out so well on the field. I played under Saban at MSU for a couple seasons, all the players liked what he said, does not mean it translated well on the field. So there is a chance that Bailey really liked what Slowik was saying and how he coached. So I would not let in rot in your craw for too long...you know?

BroncoWave
10-10-2009, 05:15 PM
Jr, let's be fair...sometimes you can really like a coach, his personality and what he says he will bring...even if it does not play out so well on the field. I played under Saban at MSU for a couple seasons, all the players liked what he said, does not mean it translated well on the field. So there is a chance that Bailey really liked what Slowik was saying and how he coached. So I would not let in rot in your craw for too long...you know?

Did you play there while McDaniels was there or was he there a little later?

Lancane
10-10-2009, 05:19 PM
Did you play there while McDaniels was there or was he there a little later?

McDaniels came to MSU a year or two after I was gone. I believe it was 99', I left after 97' so two seasons later.