PDA

View Full Version : Just a feeling...

EastCoastBronco
10-09-2009, 09:04 AM
I realize that Fast Eddie Royal has been kind of a non factor lately but I've got a feeling he's going to have a breakout game this week. Your thoughts?

claymore
10-09-2009, 09:05 AM
I concuur. Especially if We can connect with BM right away.

Dirk
10-09-2009, 09:10 AM
BMarsh getting into the game early will definately have a direct effect on Eddie's production. Orton needs to hit him when he is open though. Hopefully Orton will be calm and not mess up his zero int standing.

broncofaninfla
10-09-2009, 09:10 AM
I hope so. The wierd thing about Eddie is he doesn't seem open when ever they try and throw to him. It's like he can't get open in this offense. Stokely is playing the role I thought Royal is better suited for.

Day1BroncoFan
10-09-2009, 09:40 AM
I'm hoping Orton has a break out game this Sunday. I'm just saying Orton needs to be more accurate in his throws. I think that would do more than anything to help Royal and Marshall. jmo... :D

claymore
10-09-2009, 09:42 AM
I'm hoping Orton has a break out game this Sunday. I'm just saying Orton needs to be more accurate in his throws. I think that would do more than anything to help Royal and Marshall. jmo... :D

No More my bads? :D

red98
10-09-2009, 10:03 AM
I realize that Fast Eddie Royal has been kind of a non factor lately but I've got a feeling he's going to have a breakout game this week. Your thoughts?

I have the same feeling!

I think McD might move him around a bit this week (slot,backfield,outside,etc.) to try and get the match-ups he wants.

red98
10-09-2009, 10:07 AM

I think he'll be great as long as long as he can recognize and hit on the big play oppurtunities when they come.

He's got the recievers for it.

Day1BroncoFan
10-09-2009, 10:22 AM
I think he'll be great as long as long as he can recognize and hit on the big play oppurtunities when they come.

He's got the recievers for it.

Those are the passes he hasn't been hitting. Last week he missed a TD in the end zone among a few others. I'm just saying he needs to step it up a notch or two. We can't leave points on the field against better teams and expect to win it.

We're both saying the same thing with different words.

NightTrainLayne
10-09-2009, 10:28 AM
It seems to me that in addition to Orton missing Eddie when he is open, that Eddie just isn't the same since he took that big hit in Week One that knocked the wind out of him.

Maybe it's just coincidence, but he got hammered, and if my memory is correct played sparingly in that game afterwards. And he just hasn't had any production to speak of since then.

It doesn't help that Orton seems to be missing him when he does get open.

Constant improvement. We just need to keep on getting better. So far, we are doing that.

MasterShake
10-09-2009, 10:31 AM
It seems to me that in addition to Orton missing Eddie when he is open, that Eddie just isn't the same since he took that big hit in Week One that knocked the wind out of him.

Maybe it's just coincidence, but he got hammered, and if my memory is correct played sparingly in that game afterwards. And he just hasn't had any production to speak of since then.

It doesn't help that Orton seems to be missing him when he does get open.

Constant improvement. We just need to keep on getting better. So far, we are doing that.

Now that BMarsh has stepped up his game teams will have to double him up on at least some plays, so naturally Royal and co. will have better games.

I think with Marshalls big game last week its finally gonna open up the offense. God, I hope so! :lol:

red98
10-09-2009, 10:36 AM
Those are the passes he hasn't been hitting. Last week he missed a TD in the end zone among a few others. I'm just saying he needs to step it up a notch or two. We can't leave points on the field against better teams and expect to win it.

We're both saying the same thing with different words.

I agree, that's what I was getting at. He needs to make those plays to do well.

Last week he got lucky (Moreno) and bailed out (Marshall) on those scoring
plays. He needs to make it happen this week, see the big play and put the ball in the right spot.

(no more "My bads")

silkamilkamonico
10-09-2009, 12:09 PM
I just don't think Eddie is a real good WR. He was great last year in a Shanahan offense that didn't ask WR's to beat their man one on one.

I think he's just in the wrong system with McDaniels offense, and still could be great some place else.

The dude never seems open this year.

broncofaninfla
10-09-2009, 02:10 PM
I got flamed for saying this early last year but I feel Royal is better suited to play slot.

Bronco Warrior
10-09-2009, 02:19 PM
I think last weeks game was a confidence shot in the arm! I think that it just might open things up and make the beast emerge! that can only mean good things for the rest of the offense!

T.K.O.
10-09-2009, 02:21 PM
orton wont have his break out game this week,the weather is supposed to be cold,the best way to beat the pats is gonna be hammering them with the run and ortons finger is still a bit messed up.
those factors should bring a similar result as recent weeks about 250 yds and maybe 2 tds(probably 1 as i expect moreno/hillis to get 1 each)
i just hope the int. free streak continues that would be the best way orton can help us win this week!
however watching s.d.'s defense of late i do think next week orton will have a big game.first game over 300 yds and 3 tds.
our o-line should dominate the bolts and i think for the first time in a few years we have a legit shot at beating the bolts twice this season !!!!:salute:

broncofaninfla
10-09-2009, 02:23 PM
With the familiarity both head coaches have with each other I'd be suprised if this is the week we have a break out offensive game. I think we are in store for a long hard fought physical defensive battle.

Bronco Warrior
10-09-2009, 02:59 PM
Royal in the BackField..now there's an idea! Interesting opions with that formation.

TXBRONC
10-09-2009, 03:01 PM
I hope so. The wierd thing about Eddie is he doesn't seem open when ever they try and throw to him. It's like he can't get open in this offense. Stokely is playing the role I thought Royal is better suited for.

I think eventually that's where he is going to end up.

Bronco Warrior
10-09-2009, 03:02 PM
With the familiarity both head coaches have with each other I'd be suprised if this is the week we have a break out offensive game. I think we are in store for a long hard fought physical defensive battle.

Bill may know Josh's basic offensive sets but I trust Josh to put in some twists into it to give Bellichick fits. Nolan will have the advantage..Josh knows Pats defense and personell but Bill can't say the same. Advantage McDaniels!