PDA

View Full Version : Predictions - New England @ Denver

weazel
10-08-2009, 11:30 PM
I never seen one yet, so I thought I would post the prediction thread!

Man I hope the offense starts finding a way to put the rock in the endzone. You can't rely on your defense to be perfect every game, so the offense has to start doing the job... that means you Orton. I hope we see Moreno gaining some good chunks of yardage because I dont want to see much of Jordan...

If the defense plays as well as it has we could have a good game but NE can dink and dunk very, very well. We have to put the pressure on Brady and hopefully we can stop Welker from breaking some big catch and runs.

:defense::defense::defense:
Denver 20 ...our D is going to score a TD!
NE 17

the over/under is 41 on this game! Might wanna throw some money at it...

nbenallo33
10-08-2009, 11:45 PM
if the refs let us touch brady, were gonna put a hurtin on him.... and we will win
if there gonna play the touch brady will get you 15 yards then were def gonna lose

Overtime
10-09-2009, 12:14 AM
Broncos 21
Patsies 17

Doom needs to bring Brady a skirt before the game.

scott.475
10-09-2009, 12:24 AM
Yeah, can't be touching the golden boy of the NFL, by God. He was clearly robbed of his deserved undefeated season a few years ago and the refs really screwed up by allowing him to lose that second game this year, so they need to make up for lost time you know.

That low hit call was GARBAGE! I watched Mike Pereira explain it on Official Review calling it a "judgment call" that he would not override, and I like Mike, but that call was crap. You want to tell me that simply brushing the QB below the knees is a penalty? That cannot last...they may as well blow the play dead as soon as a defender gets within a foot of the QB and call it a sack...two freak accidents to QB knees is umpteen years and we have to go this far overboard? This is clearly the Brady Rule and anyone who does not think he gets treated differently than every other QB in the league is delusional. He is a terrific talent, no doubt, but he does get treated differently at every level, whether from people within the league or not (writers, broadcasters, etc).

Anyway, that being said, I am worried about this game because I am still not really sold on our Offense, or at least Orton's ability to run it. We cannot rely on last minute, freak tips of the ball or last minute 50+ yard TDs to continue winning. I am not convinced that we can simply score 20+ points at will, and I think we need to be able to do that to win a lot.

That being said, I will be smiling like the Cheshire Cat if we pull off a victory this weekend. The Brady Rule has me worried, in that we will be reigning in our D, or that they might just do that subconsciously given what they saw happen in the Ravens game.

sneakers
10-09-2009, 12:29 AM
I dunno, ask someone else.

Shazam!
10-09-2009, 12:31 AM
Tom Lady spends a day at Invesco running for his life and Denver gets a couple of turnovers.

Patriots D proves to be mediocre and is gashed for nearly 400 yards of offense.

New England is physically dominated.

Broncos hold Brady and Co. to 14 or less.

20-6

BCJ
10-09-2009, 03:59 AM
I will say this will be one of our losses. I figure this game can be a win as they have it at home and this d should scare Tom Brady as much as the Jets did to him. 17-16 with a long field goal to win vs the Broncos. Not sure why I pick this one as a tough road game will be had in San Diego. Hope I am completely wrong (unlike those doomday Culterist who still cant let go and want to be correct on us losing.

Nomad
10-09-2009, 06:17 AM
BRONCOS 17

Patriots 23

capetide
10-09-2009, 07:11 AM
Broncos 6
Patriots 24

Dirk
10-09-2009, 07:26 AM
Broncos - 20
Patriots - 14

The Broncos Defense plays up to their standards and win the turnover battle. Doom gets 2 more sacks to pad his season total and Brady is not awarded the "skirt" penalties after all the trash talking done about the Ravens game.

claymore
10-09-2009, 07:53 AM
JMO, but after the debacle last week concerning the calls against Baltimore, I think the ref's will be leniant on the roughing the passer calls.

I think we test this ASAP, and try and get in Brady's head a little.

I say we run, run, run, run, pass, run, run, run. We cant let Brady/moss/welker get hot.

We have to score 20 points at least IMO.

Broncos 24
Pats 31

EastCoastBronco
10-09-2009, 08:21 AM
Moss doesn't worry me. Welker does. If we contain Welker and the refs let us get within 5 feet of Golden Boy we will win. Not by much though because contrary to popular belief, NE still has a sold D. Not sure how they are doing it but they are. Also, our returners better hold onto the damn ball because NE special teams are magicians when it comes to stripping that ball.
Oh yeah...almost forgot. It the refs let Matt Light away with holding like they have been (That game against Atlanta he held John Abaraham like super glue the whole game and didn't get called) Doom could be in for a long day.

This one goes to OT...

Denver 20
NE 17

red98
10-09-2009, 08:39 AM
The Broncos will give up their first passing TD this year, then their second.

Those will be the only points the Pats get.

The Jets showed once again how to slow Brady with a relentless pass rush
while taking away his checkdown reciever.

Denver will get a couple turnovers. They must play confident but still avoid costly mistakes. The Pats are great at making teams pay for mistakes.

The crowd will be LOUD.

Denver's gonna run the ball and use the controlled short passing game and try to hit 3-4 big plays to score.

I think this week Orton will be able to
hit on those big plays. (less My Bads)

Denver: 24
Patriots: 14

broncofaninfla
10-09-2009, 09:17 AM
I pray I'm wrong BUT I can't help but think Ortons luck runs out.

Pats 17
Denver 6

j3phr3y
10-09-2009, 09:31 AM
Denver 24
NE 6

NightTrainLayne
10-09-2009, 09:39 AM
Once again, I'm worried about our offense being able to score enough points.

Weather will play a factor. Just not sure how yet.

If we can run the ball effectively we will be OK. But that's what Bellichick will try to take away from us. I think that we will need to commit to the run and try to wear down their defense in the second half.

The crowd really needs to be in this one. I hope the weather doesn't dampen their enthusiasm, or the attendance.

Day1BroncoFan
10-09-2009, 10:07 AM
I think conditioning plays a large role and the Broncos are the winners in that category.

The D will pressure tommie and he'll make some mistakes.

Our ST maybe a problem but I hope they don't have any turnovers. If we win turnovers we win the game IMO.

Our O will faulter in the first half but they come out and finally figure out how the get into the endzone in the second half.

Denver by 4

Denver 24
NE 20

Bronco Warrior
10-09-2009, 10:22 AM
Denver 24 Pantiriots 12
"Tom Lady" I love that and it fits! Welker isn't that dangerous as long as you limit his YAC and our swarming defense does that very well..one of the biggest improvements over last year! We can run at will against the Pats defense which will take pressure of Orton,(Ravens averaged neirly 8 ypc, and nobody can handle Marshall when he is on his game. If Orton plays within himself and doesn't give up the big mistake we win easy.

honz
10-09-2009, 11:35 AM
Broncos 52
Patriots 3

Bronco Warrior
10-09-2009, 11:40 AM
Broncos 52
Patriots 3

That would rock! Let cross our fingers for this score!

BroncosRockdaRockies
10-09-2009, 11:49 AM
New England don't have squat this year! Obviousy Josh McDaniels was the mind on offense for that team. They are not going to be able to handle this Defense! We are 10 times better than NY Jets in all phases of Defense.

With Buckhalter out for a few weeks, Look for payton Hillis to carry the rock this week and pound it to them.

Broncos - 31

NE Patsies - 7

Bronco Warrior
10-09-2009, 11:54 AM
Here's an interesting stat.... 4 games 1st quarter total points 16, 2-4th quarters 10 points. We hold them down in the first we will own the Pats!

weazel
10-09-2009, 12:47 PM
Broncos 52
Patriots 3

I'm just hoping it doesnt end up the opposite of that...

T.K.O.
10-09-2009, 01:31 PM
payback is a biyatch.....
broncos 41
pats 7
:beer:

Lonestar
10-09-2009, 03:22 PM
denver by a KO

Bronco Warrior
10-09-2009, 03:29 PM
denver by a KO

You mean a "Knock Out" not a "Kyle Orton" right? lol!

Lonestar
10-09-2009, 03:35 PM
You mean a "Knock Out" not a "Kyle Orton" right? lol!

one in the same..:D

Bronco Warrior
10-09-2009, 03:52 PM

Would Love to see that! Hasn't happened yet in his career but with this team anything is possible! Here's hoping for a KO!!!

T.K.O.
10-09-2009, 03:57 PM

sweeeeeeeeet!:beer:

Angel
10-09-2009, 04:48 PM
Bronco's 24 Pats & Refs 31

Bronco Warrior
10-09-2009, 05:02 PM
Bronco's 24 Pats & Refs 31

It won't be the same crew! Pats had researched that crews tight calling tendencies and knowingly exploited it. The crew calling this game will be extra wary of not making bad calls. The rule says "forceful impact to the legs of the QB." It won't be interpreted quite so favorablly for the Pats this week!

The one to Brady's legs didn't touch him let alone forcefully impact him, and the shot to the head was a hand to the shoulderpad that continued up and grazed Lady's cheek..against ticky tac at best. The eyes of the league outside of Boston will be watching for more preferential treat ment of the Golden Boy. Nolan has an alchemist's fomula to turn him back to lead!

Lancane
10-09-2009, 05:20 PM
I think this will be another last minute win for Denver. The defense seems to step it up even more with the game on the line...so I say it will be tied 17-17 in the fourth quarter, but defense lights em' up and gets a turnover with a short field, we score quickly and that will be the game.

End... I say 24-17 Denver, which will be a big boost going into the Bye.

Bronco Warrior
10-09-2009, 05:27 PM
I think this will be another last minute win for Denver. The defense seems to step it up even more with the game on the line...so I say it will be tied 17-17 in the fourth quarter, but defense lights em' up and gets a turnover with a short field, we score quickly and that will be the game.

End... I say 24-17 Denver, which will be a big boost going into the Bye.

Interesting scenario. Don't think the Pat get to 17 so how about 10 10?

Lancane
10-09-2009, 05:30 PM
Interesting scenario. Don't think the Pat get to 17 so how about 10 10?

I think they are too high powered for the defense to completely shutdown and our offense is too weak for us to really get into a shoot out with them; this will have to be a big defensive win, to be infact a win at all. The defense will not be able to hold all teams to less then 10 points, no defense has ever pulled off that feat. But to hold them to 17 points and win would be huge for us.

Bronco Warrior
10-09-2009, 06:06 PM
I think they are too high powered for the defense to completely shutdown and our offense is too weak for us to really get into a shoot out with them; this will have to be a big defensive win, to be infact a win at all. The defense will not be able to hold all teams to less then 10 points, no defense has ever pulled off that feat. But to hold them to 17 points and win would be huge for us.

Agreed! Offense will be the key!

abennink
10-10-2009, 02:08 AM
Hello all,

Came here to do some Moreno research for my fantasy team, figured you guys were the experts. Thought I'd offer a view on Sunday from the perspective of a non-arrogant Pats fan who doesn't feel that he personally won 3 Super Bowls.

1) Happy that the anti-Orton pundits are having a harder and harder time. This guy was $ at Purdue, doesn't make many mistakes, underrated arm, was better than Grossman in Chicago, and is now arguably better than Cutler in Denver. If Ray Lewis can kill someone and get universal respect, why does Orton get so much hate? Never could figure it out.

2) Can't wait to watch your team to see how your defense improved. Terrible last year, now it looks great. Granted, you've played a crappy bunch of teams, but still, no passing TDs allowed? Dawkins and Bailey is like a turn of the millenium dream team, but they can still play. Never knew why Dumerville dropped in the draft so much but we could sure use him on the Pats. Matt Light is the shakiest pro bowl tackle I've ever seen, and Dumerville has the potential to give him fits, but he could also get neutralized even without referees ignoring holding, which by the way happens to every team, holding is probably the least consistent call, any play could be considered holding based on what I've seen this year.

3) If you think that your defense can give Brady fits after beating the teams you did, you should probably consider what the Pats D can do to Orton. You guys let in wayyy fewer points but only allow 12 fewer yards per game, and you haven't gone against a good QB yet unless you count Palmer and the Stokely Stunner. We don't have the playmakers you do, definitely not, but I think you'll be surprised by how good our relatively unknown secondary is. I think it's the best we've had since Ty Law left town. By the way, Stokely was a redheaded Colt, so I hate him, but I loved the Madden-style parallel run along the goal line to take time off the clock. Awesome.

4) You guys have two more days as the outlier of the NFL. Undefeated, allowing less than a TD, out of nowhere, etc. The Pats need work to become a SB contender this year, but if you win Sunday, you could make a case for being a top 3 team. If you lose, you could make a case for being outside the top 15-18. A win would be great, but as a Pats fan who has witness impossible victories (1st superbowl) and colossal letdowns (07), just enjoy the next two days. If you win, it'll get better, but in case you don't, enjoy the fact that right now you guys are an undefeated statistical anomaly.

5) Not trying to insult anyone here, but it's amazing how clueless people are about the Pats and the new QB rules. Sure, the Suggs dive was pretty weak, but the rule clearly states "forceful contact," and the word "forceful" is subjective. Tom Brady calling for a flag is something Peyton Manning does all the time, I don't like it, but if other people can do it and still make 10 commercials a year, then Brady can do it. Trust me, if it happened to Orton and extended a Broncos drive, you might not like it, but you'd live with it. The NFL made a new set of receiver contact rules to hurt the Pats method of secondary defense against the Colts when the Pats didn't injure them during their routes, so if that's ok to do, then rules protecting the health of the most important and marketable players in the league is as well.

Also, Mike Wright got penalized for the same "touching the head" call that Ngata did, and Adalius Thomas and Vince Wilfork got bogus roughing the passer calls in the Bills game to the extent that the NFL ref union apologized to Wilfork. Was that on ESPN's front page? No, because it doesn't attract the jealous, anti-Patriot trolling that other fan bases seem to prefer over rooting for their own marginally successful teams. Did anyone complain about that? No, actually, not even Pats fans, despite the fact that people said the Pats were done in a close game when the calls went against them, and then 3 weeks later when the Pats get a borderline call, it's the only reason they won.

The only reason I'm ranting is that half the post here say "If the refs..." Guys, you need a win against a good team before the refs become more important than the players. Refs screw everyone eventually, even the almighty Pats, and I'm not even talking about the Champ Bailey fumble.

Hope the refs rant wasn't too harsh, just needed to get it out of my system. This should be a great, close game. I think your team is going to be the toughest for Brady to face, and it'll be a great test for both of our teams. I'll keep lurking and am happy to answer any Pats Qs or put on a dress and cry for help as you all dive for my helpless knees

Timmy!
10-10-2009, 02:30 AM
Game of the week. National media attention. No need to worry about the noise on this one. The crowd and weather both will play a factor. My mind says 21-17 Pats. My heart says 23-20 Broncos.

I'll go with my heart :D

Nomad
10-10-2009, 05:33 AM
Game of the week. National media attention. No need to worry about the noise on this one. The crowd and weather both will play a factor. My mind says 21-17 Pats. My heart says 23-20 Broncos.

I'll go with my heart :D

Both teams can play in crappy weather, so weather won't be a factor! My heart wants them to win as well, but I believe Belichick and Brady have the edge.

LRtagger
10-10-2009, 08:40 AM
Prediction? Didnt you all already hear....Goodell already called the game and awarded the Pats the victory. Basically he said Doom has been too good at getting to the QB this year...he didn't want to take a risk on Brady. They will take stats and scores from the Madden sim and make them official.

weazel
10-12-2009, 12:22 AM
bump

Overtime
10-12-2009, 01:18 AM
Broncos 21
Patsies 17

Doom needs to bring Brady a skirt before the game.

my score prediction was off by 1 lousy point. :laugh:

Shazam!
10-12-2009, 01:31 AM
This one goes to OT...

Denver 20
NE 17

Ding ding ding!

You win the teddy bear!

Good job ECB.

Benetto
10-12-2009, 03:19 AM
I predicted in the game day thread Denver 24 NE 17...If Orton wouldn't have gotten sacked, That teddy bear would be MINE!

ECB, Ill trade you my sandwich, cookie, and boxed juice for your teddy bear.

EastCoastBronco
10-12-2009, 10:51 AM
Moss doesn't worry me. Welker does. If we contain Welker and the refs let us get within 5 feet of Golden Boy we will win. Not by much though because contrary to popular belief, NE still has a sold D. Not sure how they are doing it but they are. Also, our returners better hold onto the damn ball because NE special teams are magicians when it comes to stripping that ball.
Oh yeah...almost forgot. It the refs let Matt Light away with holding like they have been (That game against Atlanta he held John Abaraham like super glue the whole game and didn't get called) Doom could be in for a long day.

This one goes to OT...

Denver 20
NE 17

Just had to throw this one back in circulation. First time I've ever hit the nail on the head...

Oops. Didn't realize someone had already caught it...;-)

EastCoastBronco
10-12-2009, 10:51 AM
I predicted in the game day thread Denver 24 NE 17...If Orton wouldn't have gotten sacked, That teddy bear would be MINE!

ECB, Ill trade you my sandwich, cookie, and boxed juice for your teddy bear.

OK...

weazel
10-12-2009, 11:29 AM
I never seen one yet, so I thought I would post the prediction thread!

Man I hope the offense starts finding a way to put the rock in the endzone. You can't rely on your defense to be perfect every game, so the offense has to start doing the job... that means you Orton. I hope we see Moreno gaining some good chunks of yardage because I dont want to see much of Jordan...

If the defense plays as well as it has we could have a good game but NE can dink and dunk very, very well. We have to put the pressure on Brady and hopefully we can stop Welker from breaking some big catch and runs.

:defense::defense::defense:
Denver 20 ...our D is going to score a TD!
NE 17

the over/under is 41 on this game! Might wanna throw some money at it...

if we're all patting ourselves on the back... :laugh:

our D didn't score though... :tsk:

hotcarl
10-12-2009, 11:59 AM
Hello all,

Came here to do some Moreno research for my fantasy team, figured you guys were the experts. Thought I'd offer a view on Sunday from the perspective of a non-arrogant Pats fan who doesn't feel that he personally won 3 Super Bowls.

1) Happy that the anti-Orton pundits are having a harder and harder time. This guy was $ at Purdue, doesn't make many mistakes, underrated arm, was better than Grossman in Chicago, and is now arguably better than Cutler in Denver. If Ray Lewis can kill someone and get universal respect, why does Orton get so much hate? Never could figure it out.

2) Can't wait to watch your team to see how your defense improved. Terrible last year, now it looks great. Granted, you've played a crappy bunch of teams, but still, no passing TDs allowed? Dawkins and Bailey is like a turn of the millenium dream team, but they can still play. Never knew why Dumerville dropped in the draft so much but we could sure use him on the Pats. Matt Light is the shakiest pro bowl tackle I've ever seen, and Dumerville has the potential to give him fits, but he could also get neutralized even without referees ignoring holding, which by the way happens to every team, holding is probably the least consistent call, any play could be considered holding based on what I've seen this year.

3) If you think that your defense can give Brady fits after beating the teams you did, you should probably consider what the Pats D can do to Orton. You guys let in wayyy fewer points but only allow 12 fewer yards per game, and you haven't gone against a good QB yet unless you count Palmer and the Stokely Stunner. We don't have the playmakers you do, definitely not, but I think you'll be surprised by how good our relatively unknown secondary is. I think it's the best we've had since Ty Law left town. By the way, Stokely was a redheaded Colt, so I hate him, but I loved the Madden-style parallel run along the goal line to take time off the clock. Awesome.

4) You guys have two more days as the outlier of the NFL. Undefeated, allowing less than a TD, out of nowhere, etc. The Pats need work to become a SB contender this year, but if you win Sunday, you could make a case for being a top 3 team. If you lose, you could make a case for being outside the top 15-18. A win would be great, but as a Pats fan who has witness impossible victories (1st superbowl) and colossal letdowns (07), just enjoy the next two days. If you win, it'll get better, but in case you don't, enjoy the fact that right now you guys are an undefeated statistical anomaly.

5) Not trying to insult anyone here, but it's amazing how clueless people are about the Pats and the new QB rules. Sure, the Suggs dive was pretty weak, but the rule clearly states "forceful contact," and the word "forceful" is subjective. Tom Brady calling for a flag is something Peyton Manning does all the time, I don't like it, but if other people can do it and still make 10 commercials a year, then Brady can do it. Trust me, if it happened to Orton and extended a Broncos drive, you might not like it, but you'd live with it. The NFL made a new set of receiver contact rules to hurt the Pats method of secondary defense against the Colts when the Pats didn't injure them during their routes, so if that's ok to do, then rules protecting the health of the most important and marketable players in the league is as well.

Also, Mike Wright got penalized for the same "touching the head" call that Ngata did, and Adalius Thomas and Vince Wilfork got bogus roughing the passer calls in the Bills game to the extent that the NFL ref union apologized to Wilfork. Was that on ESPN's front page? No, because it doesn't attract the jealous, anti-Patriot trolling that other fan bases seem to prefer over rooting for their own marginally successful teams. Did anyone complain about that? No, actually, not even Pats fans, despite the fact that people said the Pats were done in a close game when the calls went against them, and then 3 weeks later when the Pats get a borderline call, it's the only reason they won.

The only reason I'm ranting is that half the post here say "If the refs..." Guys, you need a win against a good team before the refs become more important than the players. Refs screw everyone eventually, even the almighty Pats, and I'm not even talking about the Champ Bailey fumble.

Hope the refs rant wasn't too harsh, just needed to get it out of my system. This should be a great, close game. I think your team is going to be the toughest for Brady to face, and it'll be a great test for both of our teams. I'll keep lurking and am happy to answer any Pats Qs or put on a dress and cry for help as you all dive for my helpless knees

This didnt get any props, nice educated well written post.

weazel
10-12-2009, 10:41 PM
This didnt get any props, nice educated well written post.

it had its own thread...