PDA

View Full Version : Fred Taylor will be OUT for the Pats against Denver

broncofaninfla
10-08-2009, 02:07 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=4542936

TXBRONC
10-08-2009, 02:14 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=4542936

That could be helpful it one less weapon that Brady has to work with.

NightTrainLayne
10-08-2009, 02:18 PM
They've still got Maroney, & Faulk. But we'll take all the injury help we can get.

Foochacho
10-08-2009, 02:20 PM
I think we could of easily shut down their run game anyway. Now it should be a piece of cake. Brady is going to have to throw to win. With the pressure we will put on him, the bad weather, and the way our secondary is playing I don't see him torching us this game.

The only thing that can kill us this game would be turning the ball over and the refs. Hopefully the refs don't pull the same shit this week like they did on the ravens.

NightTrainLayne
10-08-2009, 02:26 PM
I think we could of easily shut down their run game anyway. Now it should be a piece of cake. Brady is going to have to throw to win. With the pressure we will put on him, the bad weather, and the way our secondary is playing I don't see him torching us this game.

The only thing that can kill us this game would be turning the ball over and the refs. Hopefully the refs don't pull the same shit this week like they did on the ravens.

I think we should fair well against their run game, but don't underestimate Brady. He's getting closer and closer to his old self. It will be a battle.

Slick
10-08-2009, 02:27 PM
They've still got Maroney, & Faulk. But we'll take all the injury help we can get.

Of the Patriots action I've seen this year, Taylor has been the best of the three, but those two are more than capable.

broncofaninfla
10-08-2009, 02:39 PM
IMO, Taylor is thier best back. They have been passing a lot this year but this will hurt them.

Tned-Mobile
10-08-2009, 02:53 PM

Where did we really get gouged against Dallas? Screen passes. What is NE's hallmark play? Screen passes.

I don't see them running the ball down our throat, and I don't see them having a huge down field throwing day. What they will likely try and exploit is the short, perimeter passing game. Screens to the RB's and WR's, with some crossing and over the middle stuff (against our LBs) mixed in.

honz
10-08-2009, 02:58 PM
Don't forget about Sammy Morris.

T.K.O.
10-08-2009, 04:38 PM
Where did we really get gouged against Dallas? Screen passes. What is NE's hallmark play? Screen passes.

I don't see them running the ball down our throat, and I don't see them having a huge down field throwing day. What they will likely try and exploit is the short, perimeter passing game. Screens to the RB's and WR's, with some crossing and over the middle stuff (against our LBs) mixed in.

if they try it they will get.......THIS!

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Denver+Broncos+v+Oakland+Raiders+OGe6WkcoGdVm.jpg

jrelway
10-08-2009, 05:11 PM
i think nolan will be more worried about welker on the short crossing routes. cant forget about moss on the deep flys too. if we can score about 24 points, i think we can come away with a win.

Foochacho
10-08-2009, 05:21 PM

Dallas did get us a few times with the screens, but that was mainly Marion Barber. That guy is a beast to bring down. Our players were there to make the plays but Barber just did what he does best and broke tackles. I don't think New England will have as much success.

I can not think of any weaknesses on our D that New England can exploit with great success. I am less worried about this game than I was with Dallas. I was worried Barber would break out some 70 yarders on us in the Dallas game, but we did a great job containing him.

Bronco Warrior
10-08-2009, 06:45 PM
Nolan has done a great job taking a team's strength and negating it...especially the big play makers. Cinci was the Receivers..they did ok at best. Cleveland..special teams and the run game Josh Cribbs..nothing! Oaklkands run game got snuffed! Dallas the run and Witten..he had two catchs for minimal gain! This week it probablly is Welker on the intermediate and short game..and so far we have been good against that stuff! I think Moss will be a non-factor if we can shake he and Brady up early. You have to have Brady comfortable and unhurried to make the Moss deep thing work. With the Pats questionable line I think they mass protectall day that leaves an extra defender free to roam!

LRtagger
10-08-2009, 06:49 PM
Wasn't Maroney out last season when they ran it down our throats with a rookie UFA?

I know it's not the same D as last year, but they still have a very potent running game without Taylor.

BroncoWave
10-08-2009, 06:55 PM
Wasn't Maroney out last season when they ran it down our throats with a rookie UFA?

I know it's not the same D as last year, but they still have a very potent running game without Taylor.

Yes, Maroney and his 2.9 YPC this year. I am shaking in my boots. I think it's quite clear that this defense is nothing close to resembling that of last year so I'm not particularly worried about him.

honz
10-08-2009, 07:00 PM
Sammy Morris is the guy that killed us last year! Don't forget about Sammy Morris!

Brand
10-08-2009, 07:03 PM
I think a "DJ Smack" on Moss would do the trick.....

BroncoWave
10-08-2009, 07:06 PM
Sammy Morris is the guy that killed us last year! Don't forget about Sammy Morris!

And don't forget that we have 8 different starters from our D last year. NE's passing game worries me. Their running game, not so much.

TXBRONC
10-08-2009, 07:12 PM
And don't forget that we have 8 different starters from our D last year. NE's passing game worries me. Their running game, not so much.

They have a solid running game no one is head and shoulders above the others but they do complement each other pretty well.

Lonestar
10-08-2009, 07:28 PM
Dallas did get us a few times with the screens, but that was mainly Marion Barber. That guy is a beast to bring down. Our players were there to make the plays but Barber just did what he does best and broke tackles. I don't think New England will have as much success.

I can not think of any weaknesses on our D that New England can exploit with great success. I am less worried about this game than I was with Dallas. I was worried Barber would break out some 70 yarders on us in the Dallas game, but we did a great job containing him.

Josh learned it all from the master BILL finding a strength and shutting it down.. finding a weakness and exploiting it..

last week the screen passes saved the cowgirls asses on 3-4 times.. we better find a way to fix that hole in the defense FAST.. as Faulk is the master at that..

it should be a good game from the start..

T.K.O.
10-08-2009, 07:56 PM
so belichek is the master of exploiting opponents weaknesses... that must be why mcD built a team without any !:D:salute:

Lonestar
10-08-2009, 08:04 PM
so belichek is the master of exploiting opponents weaknesses... that must be why mcD built a team without any !:D:salute:

your dreaming again..

to many happy pills or not enough meds..

T.K.O.
10-08-2009, 08:49 PM
it would be nice to beat the pats ,but i'm really looking forward to a little "payback" for the chargers ....i hope we crush those guys this year.....twice!:D

T.K.O.
10-08-2009, 08:53 PM
Buckhalter might not be on the field on Sunday against Pats
Posted by Mike Florio on October 8, 2009 6:11 PM ET
Fred Taylor may not be the only tailback who won't be playing Sunday when the Patriots travel to Denver.

Broncos running back Correll Buckhalter may not be suiting up, either.

Buckhalter hasn't practiced on Wednesday or Thursday due to an ankle injury suffered in Sunday's win over the Cowboys.

Despite getting only 37 carries -- 23 fewer than rookie Knowshon Moreno -- Buckhalter is the leading rusher on the team with 267 yards. Moreno has 249.

Also missing practice for the Broncos were safety Brian Dawkins (knee/shoulder) and linebacker/fullback Spencer Larsen (shoulder). Guard Ben Hamilton (hamstring) and cornerback Alphonso Smith (ankle) have participated on Wednesday and Thursday on a limited basis.

Several Pats players participated in practice on a limited basis: tackle Nick Kaczur (tackle), linebacker Jerod Mayo (knee), safety James Sanders (shoulder), cornerback Shawn Springs (knee), receiver Wes Welker (knee), and defensive tackle Vince Wilfork (ankle).

Bronco Warrior
10-09-2009, 10:33 AM
Fred Taylor will not only miss this game but likely the rest of the year. He had surgery today and a Boston paper thinks he will be out for the remander of the season.

Run the Ball we win! Blitz inside and make Brady move and we win!