PDA

View Full Version : Chance to Thrive in Week 5 Just Like '77

titan
10-08-2009, 11:50 AM
I posted a new entry to my blog about the Patriot's game:

http://sportsindenver.blogspot.com/

Call me a crazy old fan but I think the Broncos have a great shot this Sunday! (copy of my blog post below)

=================
The Broncos are 4-0 and are the surprise of the NFL so far. This summer, before training camp began, I saw this as a possibility and made comparisons to the miracle season of the 1977 Broncos. Even I didn't expect the defense to play as well as it has!

Just like that 77 team, the early season schedule is setting up for a franchise defining game in week 5. That 77 team was 4-0, too, but they weren't taken too seriously. "The Broncos are off to a nice start but they've had an easy schedule" was heard about the 77 team as they headed into a week 5 showdown against the defending Super Bowl Champs and hated rivals Oakland Raiders. The Raiders entered that contest at the top of their game. Veteran NBC Broadcaster Charlie Jones, when promoting the Broncos/Raiders battle of the unbeatens in 77, said "I don't think anybody can beat the Raiders"

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv291/titanphotos/raiders77B.jpg

Longtime Bronco fans know what happened next. The 77 Broncos stunned the Raiders 30-7 in Oakland and were off to a 12-2 season and a berth in the Super Bowl. I still have the newspaper describing that great win (photo above)

The 2009 Broncos defining game, their toughest test to date, will be this Sunday against the New England Patriots. The Patriots have won 3 Super Bowls this decade and came within minutes of another Super Bowl victory and an undefeated season only two seasons ago. I say a win against the Patriots this Sunday will propel the Broncos to a magical season, better than anyone expected (even me). Yes the schedule gets much tougher after the Patriots game (road games against the Chargers and Ravens among others) and the team will stumble a few times but the positive momentum of a 5-0 start will carry the Broncos to the playoffs!

Bronco Warrior
10-08-2009, 12:02 PM
Damn! Now that Paper was old school! I was in my third year as a fan and 12 lol!!!

MasterShake
10-08-2009, 12:02 PM
A 5-0 start, especially against what is the standard bearer for NFL teams right now, would definitely propel us to 10+ wins. Looks like it could be a rain/snow game too. I can just imagine the NFL Films replay of this if our season turns out good:

(Autumn Thunder music plays as the scene fades in. You see the Broncos running out in slow motion in a flurry of snow in their AFL uniforms.)

Narrator: The Broncos rode into the storm with a quiet confidence. At 4-0, they had heard the rumors that they were an unproven team. That each week would be another "test". Being a 3 point underdog at home to the perennial Super Bowl favorite New England Patriots, it seemed that everyone outside of the Broncos locker room and their rabid fan base had cast them aside. After today, no one would make that mistake again. For this game would be the catalyst that propelled the Denver Broncos to one of their greatest seasons...EVER.

(Cut to montage of Brady getting sacked 5 times, Moreno and Hillis combining for the first 2 scores of the game on hard runs, and both of Ortons TD passes to Royal and Marshall in the 3rd quarter as the camera zooms into the scoreboard through the early October snow and reads BRONCOS 28 NEW ENGLAND 6)

Sorry... sometimes I get bored and like to embellish when things are going good. I just got tickets to this game and would love if it played out like that. No matter what, I hope they play good win or lose which I know they will. Its nice to have a team with an attitude again!

T.K.O.
10-08-2009, 12:33 PM
A 5-0 start, especially against what is the standard bearer for NFL teams right now, would definitely propel us to 10+ wins. Looks like it could be a rain/snow game too. I can just imagine the NFL Films replay of this if our season turns out good:

(Autumn Thunder music plays as the scene fades in. You see the Broncos running out in slow motion in a flurry of snow in their AFL uniforms.)

Narrator: The Broncos rode into the storm with a quiet confidence. At 4-0, they had heard the rumors that they were an unproven team. That each week would be another "test". Being a 3 point underdog at home to the perennial Super Bowl favorite New England Patriots, it seemed that everyone outside of the Broncos locker room and their rabid fan base had cast them aside. After today, no one would make that mistake again. For this game would be the catalyst that propelled the Denver Broncos to one of their greatest seasons...EVER.

(Cut to montage of Brady getting sacked 5 times, Moreno and Hillis combining for the first 2 scores of the game on hard runs, and both of Ortons TD passes to Royal and Marshall in the 3rd quarter as the camera zooms into the scoreboard through the early October snow and reads BRONCOS 28 NEW ENGLAND 6)

Sorry... sometimes I get bored and like to embellish when things are going good. I just got tickets to this game and would love if it played out like that. No matter what, I hope they play good win or lose which I know they will. Its nice to have a team with an attitude again!

great post ! i can see it now.....BELIEVE !
as you said "i know they will" and thats the key i dont see this team being capable of losing more than 1/2 their remaining games.meaning we should at worst be 10-6.
they just play too damn hard to get beat 7 or 8 times...i am just glad to see 100% effort in all phases and know we wont see any team put 52 points on these guys!!!!!!

NightTrainLayne
10-08-2009, 01:24 PM

Make some noise MasterShake. We'll need the crowd in this one.

MasterShake
10-08-2009, 02:04 PM
Make some noise MasterShake. We'll need the crowd in this one.

I've never been to a game where I haven't gone hoarse! :salute:

BroncoTech
10-08-2009, 04:56 PM
You've got to make those miracles happen. Anyone remember Jon Keyworth?
http://denver.yourhub.com/Northglenn/Stories/Sports/Broncos/Story~43793.aspx

Good read in this thread, I can see us whooping some patsie butt this week.