PDA

View Full Version : BRONCOS vs NY GIANTS

WARHORSE
10-08-2009, 06:09 AM
Just wanted to point out a couple of things. Dont mean anything of course, just thoughts about our BRONCOS and our competition in the rest of the league.

Right now, pretty much the whole nation has the NY Giants as the number one ranked team in the NFL.

It begins with their defense......just one thing though.

Dallas racked up 220 yards on the ground at over 8 yards per clip.

You catch that? 8 yards.

That doesnt exactly make me fear NY.

While the NY offensive line is good......its not THAT good.

The Giants never sacked Romo. Even though he threw 3 picks, they never sacked him. He threw for 127 yards, and was never sacked, but hurried, he threw three to NY.

The NY Giants running game was at 3.8 yds per clip against Dallas, and they never broke 100 yards total rushing.

We rushed for over 100 yards at 5.2 yards per clip..........playing from behind most of the game.

And our offense isnt even clicking yet.

The Dallas ground n pound rushing attack that served up 220 yards on the turf for the Giants.........carved out a measly 74 yards at 2.9 yards per rush.

Does that mean we're going to tear it up all the way through the season?

No.

But it sure makes me feel good thinking about it right now.:coffee:

And to think we're still in the first few games of playing in these schemes.................kinda makes ya feel good don' it?:salute:

UnderArmour
10-08-2009, 06:26 AM
IMO, the Patriots, Ravens, Jets, Colts, Falcons, Saints, and perhaps the Eagles and 49ers are better than the Giants. I think once the Giants start playing the heavy weights of the NFC(Saints, Falcons, Eagles, Vikings) we'll see how good they really are. At least so far, we beat one playoff team(the Bengals), the Giants have yet to be put to a real test.

Dirk
10-08-2009, 06:42 AM
Well it just goes to show you War...NY is yet another example of how the media is biased towards East coast teams.

MadMax
10-08-2009, 10:47 AM
I was thinking the same thing this morning. Theres an article on ESPN about the Giants which says that their defense is currently last(most) in the league in avg rushing yards per attempt. Add to that it seems that their strength on defense is the ability to generate pressure and that matches up very well with our OL. I concur I think we match up really well with them.

Problem is, if we beat the Giants we will no longer be underdogs you can believe every sports personality in the world will jump on the bandwagon i'd rather have them all talking trash still.

weazel
10-08-2009, 11:29 AM
Just wanted to point out a couple of things. Dont mean anything of course, just thoughts about our BRONCOS and our competition in the rest of the league.

Right now, pretty much the whole nation has the NY Giants as the number one ranked team in the NFL.

It begins with their defense......just one thing though.

Dallas racked up 220 yards on the ground at over 8 yards per clip.

You catch that? 8 yards.

That doesnt exactly make me fear NY.

While the NY offensive line is good......its not THAT good.

The Giants never sacked Romo. Even though he threw 3 picks, they never sacked him. He threw for 127 yards, and was never sacked, but hurried, he threw three to NY.

The NY Giants running game was at 3.8 yds per clip against Dallas, and they never broke 100 yards total rushing.

We rushed for over 100 yards at 5.2 yards per clip..........playing from behind most of the game.

And our offense isnt even clicking yet.

The Dallas ground n pound rushing attack that served up 220 yards on the turf for the Giants.........carved out a measly 74 yards at 2.9 yards per rush.

Does that mean we're going to tear it up all the way through the season?

No.

But it sure makes me feel good thinking about it right now.:coffee:

And to think we're still in the first few games of playing in these schemes.................kinda makes ya feel good don' it?:salute:

paper matchups are the best! we will be paper superbowl champions!!

EastCoastBronco
10-08-2009, 11:43 AM
Doesn't help them much that Eli has Plantar Faciitis. That is a major lingering injury...and very painful. I wouldn't be surprised if Eli doesn't start/ finish that game against Oakland this weekend. Not that it will matter.