PDA

View Full Version : Original Techmo Bowl

dogfish
12-18-2007, 11:26 PM
yes, kiddies. . . they actually had video games before the Xbox, believe it or not-- and waaaaaayyyy before there was madden, there was techmo bowl! a true classic. . . there may even be a few people on this board who are old enough to have played it back when it first came out. . . i don't know if this was the very first football video game or not, but i suspect that it was. . . here's your chance to take a trip back in time and relive the legend. . .

:laugh: :laugh:

http://www.nescafeweb.com/game.play.php?gameid=84&

that's a direct link to the game, but if you go to their main menu they have TONS of old classics from the original nintendo-- games like contra, metroid, and legend of zelda. . . :2thumbs:

cpr940
12-19-2007, 09:15 AM
yes, kiddies. . . they actually had video games before the Xbox, believe it or not-- and waaaaaayyyy before there was madden, there was techmo bowl! a true classic. . . there may even be a few people on this board who are old enough to have played it back when it first came out. . . i don't know if this was the very first football video game or not, but i suspect that it was. . . here's your chance to take a trip back in time and relive the legend. . .

that's a direct link to the game, but if you go to their main menu they have TONS of old classics from the original nintendo-- games like contra, metroid, and legend of zelda. . . :2thumbs:

Bo Jackson and Marcus Allen destroyed everyone!

Escobar
12-19-2007, 10:50 AM
the raiders were the best team there. goooooooooooood times......:salute:

Watchthemiddle
12-19-2007, 03:39 PM
That was an outstanding game.

I remember borrowing it from a friend and when he wanted me to return it to him, he chased me home from school because I didn't want to give it back.

Good find Dog.

dogfish
12-19-2007, 03:54 PM
Bo Jackson and Marcus Allen destroyed everyone!

the raiders were the best team there. goooooooooooood times......:salute:

yea, as much as i hate to admit it. . . the fade was unstoppable with those guys!

of course, i kicked people's asses with the broncos. . . my D was unbeatable-- i'd use karl mecklenburg, and get an interception pretty much every time anyone tried to pass-- that guy could sure cover a lot of ground when the ball was in the air!

:lol:

my friends got so tired of hearing "meck-leeeennn-BURRRRRRGGGGHHH!!"

dogfish
12-19-2007, 03:55 PM
That was an outstanding game.

I remember borrowing it from a friend and when he wanted me to return it to him, he chased me home from school because I didn't want to give it back.

shouldn't have swiped his game. . . . :laugh:

funny stuff!

Watchthemiddle
12-19-2007, 04:00 PM
The Bears were pretty good also with Payton and Singletary.

NameUsedBefore
12-19-2007, 05:43 PM
We had a rule you couldn't be the Raiders cause of stuff like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PBvOxicz-0).

Escobar
12-19-2007, 05:58 PM
tecmo bowl superbowl celebrations > all maddens superbowl celebrations combine

Snapping Turtle
12-19-2007, 08:38 PM
I used to play that game with my dad all the time. My brother is basically obsessed with it to this day. Great game. :D

broncosfanscott
12-19-2007, 11:14 PM

Great find. I totally loved that game when it game out. My friend and I were totally addicted to that game.

Contra and Legend of Zelda were sweet.

Don't forget about Double Dragon and Castlevania, which was my first game on that system.

dogfish
12-19-2007, 11:32 PM
Great find. I totally loved that game when it game out. My friend and I were totally addicted to that game.

Contra and Legend of Zelda were sweet.

Don't forget about Double Dragon and Castlevania, which was my first game on that system.

yea, i think i spent about a million hours playing the original castlevania. . .

:lol: :laugh:

NameUsedBefore
12-19-2007, 11:41 PM
Ah, just tried a drive as the Raiders. Run left with Bo Jackson, go backwards, hit right, then easily dodge your way into the endzone. Still works as well as ever. (Which is why we banned that damned team :laugh:)

dogfish
12-19-2007, 11:52 PM
Ah, just tried a drive as the Raiders. Run left with Bo Jackson, go backwards, hit right, then easily dodge your way into the endzone. Still works as well as ever. (Which is why we banned that damned team :laugh:)

yea, i have to admit i played a game with them-- it feels slimy using the fade, but bo is just too sick!

:laugh:

WTE
12-20-2007, 01:41 PM
I used to always be the NY Giants when I played Techmo Football. I would play LT and blitz him on every play.

I think LT got 60 sacks one season.

Sick.

Medford Bronco
12-21-2007, 05:34 PM
I used to always be the NY Giants when I played Techmo Football. I would play LT and blitz him on every play.

I think LT got 60 sacks one season.

Sick.

Do not gorget old Bo Jackson :salute:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmGJUF0oew8&feature=related

this is great lol

Medford Bronco
12-21-2007, 05:35 PM
and this is what is going to happen to Miami this week :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5VdF-gzkps&feature=related

subsitute NE for Chicago lol

broncosfanscott
12-21-2007, 09:52 PM
and this is what is going to happen to Miami this week :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5VdF-gzkps&feature=related

subsitute NE for Chicago lol

For fantasy football reasons, I hope those are TD passes to Moss. :laugh:

AlWilsonizKING
12-21-2007, 10:05 PM
I get to think of Techmo Bowl each time I listen to DJ Quik....

"And if you <beep> with my roll, I'll beat your butt as if we was playin' Techmo Bowl -hut, hut, hut, hut"

hahaha

I loved playing that game and yes I was able to playit when it was released...:eek:

PEACE!!!

MasterShake
12-22-2007, 11:09 PM
I used to play this game all the time. This and John Elway's Qaurterback and 10 Yard Fight! Anyone who's interested can find ROM's of TECMO BOWL with updated rosters and teams with a quick google search...not that I condone emulators...;)

broncosfanscott
12-22-2007, 11:26 PM
I used to play this game all the time. This and John Elway's Qaurterback and 10 Yard Fight! Anyone who's interested can find ROM's of TECMO BOWL with updated rosters and teams with a quick google search...not that I condone emulators...;)

Hey, what's up MasterShake.

I can't believe I forgot about John Elway's Quarterback. I played that game so much. I remember hiking the ball and running back as far as I could before throwing the ball, which would go the length of the field for a TD. It was awesome. :D

Watchthemiddle
12-23-2007, 12:20 AM
How do you get it to play? All it does is keeps going over the credits and showing the rosters of all the teams for me.

:mad::mad:

Devilspawn
12-23-2007, 01:50 AM
I still have the game. I only play Bionic Commando on the NES though. I just ran Bo all the live long day on everyone.

jrelway
01-11-2008, 12:03 PM
walter payton and bo jackson were unstoppable in that game..was fun running back kickoff returns with dennis gentry.

broncosfanscott
01-13-2008, 02:52 AM
walter payton and bo jackson were unstoppable in that game..was fun running back kickoff returns with dennis gentry.

Me too. I totally remember running with that guy as soon as I saw his name.