PDA

View Full Version : Tned and I are famous!

honz
10-06-2009, 07:12 PM
http://gazettebroncos.freedomblogging.com/2009/10/06/fans-enjoying-the-2009-broncos/1547/

One of the things that struck me about Sunday's game was that Broncos fans weren't just cheering their team, they seemed like they wanted to will this team to victory. To be honest, I don't know if I've seen that type of passion from the fans since I started covering the team in 2003.

I passed along an observation about the crowd to Broncos public-relations member Dave Gaylinn, who works games from the Broncos' sideline (and yes, he will tell you that is just as cool as it sounds). He said the noise for the final stand against the Cowboys was as loud as he has heard Invesco since Champ Bailey's interception against New England in the 2005 playoffs.

But why? The Broncos have had fun teams, and good teams. This squad is apparently hitting home with Denver fans. I figured the best way to find out why was to ask fans on Twitter and I got some great responses. It seems like the underdog status of the team ranks first with the team-first attitude being a close second, with one hero (Brian Dawkins) and one villian (Jay Cutler) also being key components. Here are the responses:

toby_king_8251: I think we Bronco fans feel like it is us (fans and team) against the world and so far: Broncos 4 - World 0.

mikel33: this Bronco team seems like a big underdog unlike teams in the past.. it is fighting a lot of demons & it's a total group effort now. McDaniels had to put his stamp on the team & shake things up & right a ship that was sinking fast where the stars were abandoning it

nabrahamson: Its the teamwork we haven't seen since 98. Best example is right after the Cowboys scored yesterday. The D really stepped up after. Its also having a QB that doesn't try to force something that isn't there, and showing that he has confidence in his receivers. Finally, the coaching making adjustments. Not just game to game but in game. Haven't seen that in years.

BroncosForums: 1st half penalties aside, the thing that impressed me from the camp reports was the work McDaniels and other coaches were on doing on fundamentals (tackling, situational drills, etc). I had hoped this would be a fundamentally sound team, and show on the field. So far, it has. The defense is both disciplined and swarming - mostly sure tackling. The team seems to be a 'team'.

HollowRyan: The "TEAM" concept seems real. Team seems more passionate. Brian Dawkins has been a major acquisition.I think the Broncos smell what the JOSH is cooking..

broncomadness: I think it's because we are underdogs. The other half of me likes it because we are playing better than Jay Cutler and company.

Millertime2480: the team is just that a team, in every facet. everyone feeds off eachother. b-dawks leadership is huge this team is never out of it

allworld95: they are a hard hitting team again it was so good to see DJ hitting and all over the field

picklerino: I actually liked this team before Ws - after the JC fiasco, the moves McD made with personnel showed he was building for now& future

gcman: Taking a liking because of the return of a dominant D. I love the attitude on defense. Orange Crush returns!

SteveOReilly: why? Because everybody doubts Denver! Says they stink, your going to be awful, McD is horrible - now they have to eat crow

JayPo13: Love the energy, preparedness, and confidence. This teams is ready for anything that happens and confident to make all the plays.

seangui: Because no one has given this squad a chance, including many diehards. Winning, as evidenced by the coach/wr hug, cures all...

honzy_wonzy: I think fans can really connect with this team because they are playing with a passion and an energy on both sides of the ball...that we hvn't seen in DEN for several years now. Easy to root for any team when you can tell that they are playing their hearts out.

ballsdeepagain: Reason I love Denver more than ever: Four words: No. More. Jay. Cutler. I never liked him or his attitude, and I'm glad he's gone.

jtkimbell: Defense and camaraderie. Coaches and players all having fun, enjoying each other and winning.

BMer916: because they weren't supposed to be good, they're overachieving through hard work

bertjanbrands: love this new team for their inspiring attitude! love them for how well prepared they are, such a big difference with previous years

eafarris: I ♥ these Broncs because things are fresh and new.Tough offseason, I tried to trust Mr. Bowlen, and it's great to see him justified.

jdubv: They are the classic underdogs. EVERYONE was ripping them all offseason. It is just great to see the effort and heart this team has.

tsiguy96: brian dawkins...i think he brings a fire to this defense that has been missing for a long, long time.

ropfing: I really like the improved defense esp the pass rush.

Jordo5150: Because it's a TEAM. They succeed a team, they fall as a team. No finger pointing. No pouting. Just football, no drama.

IamFarmerJohn: The play before Marshall made the catch, I thought "we're going to win this.", and the last 5 years I thought the just the opposite.

delaranta: The best thing about this team is the effort and intelligence they show every week. Fun seeing guys run hard to the right spot.

greysonsmith: The fact that it's based on scheme and philosophy of the team, instead of individual talent that didn't always produce.

I'm sure there are some other BroncosForums members on there as well!

NameUsedBefore
10-06-2009, 07:16 PM
I'm pretty sure tsiguy is a member here.

dogfish
10-06-2009, 07:18 PM
honzy_wonzy?

:rofl: :rofl:

Day1BroncoFan
10-06-2009, 07:18 PM
Cool man. :cool:

dogfish
10-06-2009, 07:20 PM
I'm pretty sure tsiguy is a member here.

delaranta was a member on mania, and i'm pretty sure ballsdeepagain is actually slim. . . .

claymore
10-06-2009, 07:21 PM
Tinker was on there.

honz
10-06-2009, 07:22 PM
honzy_wonzy?

:rofl: :rofl:

Dude, honz was taken and it rhymes.

P.S. I reported your post for hurting my feelings.

KCL
10-06-2009, 07:24 PM

rhymes with fonzy also :noidea:

honz
10-06-2009, 07:33 PM
honz the fonz
honzinator
honz has a huge ____

Help me think of a new twitter name if you guys are gonna make fun of me. :(

topscribe
10-06-2009, 07:35 PM

That's something I wouldn't have admitted . . .

-----

Zweems56
10-06-2009, 07:38 PM
Tinker was on there.

Word. Thnik is on there.

KCL
10-06-2009, 07:38 PM
honz the fonz
honzinator
honz has a huge ____

Help me think of a new twitter name if you guys are gonna make fun of me. :(

I say go with that one....:D

are we suppose to fill in the blank?

Day1BroncoFan
10-06-2009, 07:43 PM
honz has a huge huggie

Seriously I like the honzinator too.

dogfish
10-06-2009, 08:05 PM

i'm going to petition tned to change your forum name to honzy_wonzy. . . . :D

Tned
10-06-2009, 08:09 PM
i'm going to petition tned to change your forum name to honzy_wonzy. . . . :D

Do I hear a second on this motion? :lol:

honz
10-06-2009, 08:21 PM

If you do it I'm running away to the Mane! :tsk:

pnbronco
10-06-2009, 08:22 PM

I second the motion and just so you know I am taking credit for the camp report.....:D

weazel
10-06-2009, 08:25 PM

Im gonna name mine me-likey-honz-bonz

Tned
10-06-2009, 08:51 PM
I second the motion and just so you know I am taking credit for the camp report.....:D

Dang right, you started to get me feeling optimistic with your reports.

West
10-06-2009, 08:54 PM
If you do it I'm running away to the Mane! :tsk:

That's a blessing in disguise. ;)

I 2nd it Tned.