PDA

View Full Version : LaMont Jordan Ready For His Opportunity To Run

TXBRONC
10-06-2009, 05:03 PM
http://cbs4denver.com/broncos/denver.broncos.lamont.2.1231666.html

LaMont Jordan Ready For His Opportunity To Run
By Matthew J. Buettner, cbs4denver.com
Text 4broncos to 66247 sign up for CBS4 Broncos text alerts The Denver Broncos take on the "Boston" Patriots next Sunday for a Legacy Game celebrating the 50th season for the eight original American Football League teams. The teams will wear historic uniforms for the occasion.

Former New England Patriot LaMont Jordan happened to be the guest host on Monday night's Comcast Broncos Live! broadcast. The running back talked with CBS4 Broncos Insider Vic Lombardi about the "Patriot Way" and if the Broncos are using it this season, considering the ties between the teams. Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels previously served under Patriots head coach Bill Belichick as the as the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach.

"First and foremost, the Broncos are putting in the 'Broncos Way,'" Jordan said. "I know we come from New England but we're in Denver right now. The Patriot Way is the Patriot Way, but what you're seeing right now is the Broncos Way."

When McDaniels came to coach the Broncos, he said he wanted a tough, smart and physical team. Jordan says so far, that's exactly what McDaniels has.

"One thing with this team is we are very humble; very focused on what the ultimate prize is and we focus more on the things that we need to work on," Jordan said.

The Broncos have seemed to relish in being doubted and once again Denver is considered an underdog when the Patriots come to town.

"It's never about the other team. It's always about us and we're 4-0, but we're playing against a team this week that you cannot make mistakes against," Jordan said. "If there's one thing they do, they capitalize on your mistakes. So if we can come out and execute our plays and make sure we're disciplined in a all three phases of the game I think we'll be fine."

So far this season Jordan has only 17 rushing attempts for 50 yards over the first four games. But with running back Correll Buckhalter nursing an ankle sprain, Jordan expects to see more playing time.

"It's an opportunity for me to get back on the field but more importantly it's an opportunity for us to get another big victory," Jordan said. "We have a good team coming in here this weekend and it's definitely going to be a test. If we just go out there and do our job, I think we'll be fine."

Free agent signee Andre Goodman was the guest on Comcast Broncos Live! The cornerback commented on how Champ Bailey saw most of the action last week against the Cowboys as quarterback Tony Romo seemed to pick on Bailey most of the game -- but Bailey lived up to his reputation.

"I think for him it was exciting because he hasn't seen that much work in a long time," Goodman said. "I think he proved why he is one of the best in the game."

Goodman said he thinks he got out of the game a little bit since he rarely had a ball thrown his way.

"It was a little surprising. I think I went midway through the third quarter without seeing a ball," Goodman said.

Goodman signed a 5-year, $20.4 million contract with the Broncos in March. He was drafted by the Detroit Lions and also played for the Miami Dolphins.

The Broncos host the "Boston" Patriots on Sunday at 2:15 p.m. at Invesco Field at Mile High. The game can be seen on CBS4.

Stay Up To Date On The Denver Broncos

• Text: To sign up for CBS4 Broncos Insiders text alerts, text 4broncos to 66247 (More Info)

BroncoBJ
10-06-2009, 05:06 PM
The title is misleading. It should say " Lamont Jordan ready for his opportunity to waddle"

Damn, I use to think he was good back with the Jets. Has he always been this big? I don't remember him being like he is now. :lol: .. oh well. Time for him to step up. Hopefully we see more Hillis as well. And hopefully Knowshon shines :rockon:

Bronco Warrior
10-06-2009, 06:01 PM
Personally I haven't been very impressed with Jordan up untill now. Frankly I think he is a waste of a roster slot. I'm saying this loud and proud so that if he does well I can have a plate of fresh crow instead of old reheated stuff! lol! Here's to a killer day on the ground no matter who is toting the rock!

Day1BroncoFan
10-06-2009, 06:11 PM
I hope Lamont is up to the task but, um... we'll see come Sunday.

SoCalImport
10-06-2009, 06:21 PM
http://cbs4denver.com/broncos/denver.broncos.lamont.2.1231666.html

"First and foremost, the Broncos are putting in the 'Broncos Way,'" Jordan said. "I know we come from New England but we're in Denver right now. The Patriot Way is the Patriot Way, but what you're seeing right now is the Broncos Way."

That's the first time I've read anything shooting down the "Patriots West" idea.
I love that our new HC came from such a successful organization, but I'm sick of folks referring to the McDaniels era Broncos as trying to be the Patriots.
New England does not hold a monopoly nor a copywrite on tough physical football or on Hard nosed fundamental defense!!

Bronco Warrior
10-06-2009, 06:44 PM
McDaniels has definately become his own man! There are many things that he has done differently and areas where the student has surpassed the "masturd". Belichick is respected by his players, but he isn't loved... It's beginning to look like McDaniels is!

MileHighCrew
10-06-2009, 06:49 PM
I loved most of the player moves from the beginning this off season (Culter aside and not on this topic) but the Jordan signing.... Well I think they should put a portable Krispy Kreme in the Pats end zone that might get him to hit a hole hard.

TXBRONC
10-07-2009, 11:55 AM
That's the first time I've read anything shooting down the "Patriots West" idea.
I love that our new HC came from such a successful organization, but I'm sick of folks referring to the McDaniels era Broncos as trying to be the Patriots.
New England does not hold a monopoly nor a copywrite on tough physical football or on Hard nosed fundamental defense!!

Yeah I took that to mean that while there are similarities in the way the teams are run Denver is not an exact mirror image of the Patriots.

weazel
10-07-2009, 12:19 PM
Jordan sucks.

NightTrainLayne
10-07-2009, 01:44 PM
Jordan's nothing more than a serviceable back-up.

But that being said, I seem to remember a LOT of folks criticizing McD's number of running backs, and why did we bring in so many, and then draft Moreno, etc.

I'm glad we've got them now.

Bronco Warrior
10-07-2009, 02:39 PM
Jordan's nothing more than a serviceable back-up.

But that being said, I seem to remember a LOT of folks criticizing McD's number of running backs, and why did we bring in so many, and then draft Moreno, etc.

I'm glad we've got them now.

Amen! I knew that they would get weeded out..although I though Torain would be here and jordan not. Jordan just needs to take up some slack for 2-3 weeks and then go back to the bench!

broncofaninfla
10-07-2009, 03:13 PM
Jordan didn't show anything in preseason but maybe he can turn it on now.

TXBRONC
10-07-2009, 03:39 PM
Jordan didn't show anything in preseason but maybe he can turn it on now.

He only had two carries against the Cowboys but it was for 14 yards.

That being said, I wouldn't think that McDaniels would want to lean on him to take a lot of carries if he doesn't have too.

weazel
10-07-2009, 04:38 PM
Shanny would bring in Maurice Clarett!

http://www.clevelandleader.com/files/mauriceclarrett.jpg