PDA

View Full Version : Ptasie fans - what say U about the Westbrook play

OB
12-17-2007, 10:21 PM
Even though NOT scoring only gave them a one score lead - Westbrook didnt - YET - the patsies with 30 secs to go, with a 100 pt lead will chose to go for the TD 4th down

Why???

aberdien
12-18-2007, 12:30 AM
Go Westbrook.

SR
12-18-2007, 05:36 AM
Even though NOT scoring only gave them a one score lead - Westbrook didnt - YET - the patsies with 30 secs to go, with a 100 pt lead will chose to go for the TD 4th down

Why???

Westbrook didn't score because there was still a minute and a half left on the clock and he didn't want to give the ball back to the other team and give them a chance to score. It had nothing to do with running up the score. It was a heads up play by Westbrook.

WTE
12-18-2007, 08:42 AM

Why???

This thread is another great example why it's not a good idea to post while you're drinking.

BTW, what's a Ptasie?

Nomad
12-18-2007, 08:56 AM
Westbrook didn't score because there was still a minute and a half left on the clock and he didn't want to give the ball back to the other team and give them a chance to score. It had nothing to do with running up the score. It was a heads up play by Westbrook.

Agreed!...........

SR
12-19-2007, 03:18 AM
This thread is another great example why it's not a good idea to post while you're drinking.

I think that about sums it up right there. :laugh:

Escobar
12-19-2007, 11:04 AM

BTW, what's a Ptasie?

----I think she is always drinking if you ask me......just me

BroncoWave
12-19-2007, 12:24 PM

Why???

The shots at the pats are getting lamer and lamer. There hasn't been a single player in the league (that i've seen) that did what Westbrook did against the Cowboys, so why are you singling out the Pats? I just don't see what's wrong with scoring as often as you can to keep your offense as sharp as possible. And I really don't see what's wrong with going for the 4th downs. It's great situation work in case there is a really tight game where you need to go for 4th downs. (the Baltimore game for example). I bet if the Broncos were the team that was 14-0 and playing the way the Pats play, there would be ALOT fewer fans criticizing it.

OB
12-19-2007, 03:42 PM
----I think she is always drinking if you ask me......just me

I am :D :shots:

OB
12-19-2007, 03:47 PM
The shots at the pats are getting lamer and lamer. There hasn't been a single player in the league (that i've seen) that did what Westbrook did against the Cowboys, so why are you singling out the Pats? I just don't see what's wrong with scoring as often as you can to keep your offense as sharp as possible. And I really don't see what's wrong with going for the 4th downs. It's great situation work in case there is a really tight game where you need to go for 4th downs. (the Baltimore game for example). I bet if the Broncos were the team that was 14-0 and playing the way the Pats play, there would be ALOT fewer fans criticizing it.

I just was baffled that with only a one score lead Westbrook would do that - I single out the pats because they could have a 21 point lead with 1:20 left in the 4th qtr and they go for it on 4th and 50 - or score when its really not necessary

I think its classless -im not saying everyone should do what Westbrook did - the game was too close - and we've all learned from being broncos fans PREVENT DEFENSE is the worst thing EVER

But why do the patriots feel the need to win games by 40/50 points when its not necessary? There has been more than one occasion this year that the Pats were doing nothing but obviously running up the score just to humilate the team they were playing - poor sportsmanship - IMHO

But then again Im older and understand what sportsmanship means :coffee:

OB
12-19-2007, 03:49 PM

BTW, what's a Ptasie?

OMG i inverted two letters - which BTW I would have fixed but you cant fix the title to your threads - so ya- good come back

i respect what the pats are doing as a dominant force in football - i am not a bellichick fan though or Moss - I really have no hard feelings for Brady although I think he is a decent QB that happened to get lucky enough to get on a great team

Put Brady in Miami - lets see what he can do there ;)

WTE
12-19-2007, 04:36 PM
I just was baffled that with only a one score lead Westbrook would do that - I single out the pats because they could have a 21 point lead with 1:20 left in the 4th qtr and they go for it on 4th and 50 - or score when its really not necessary

You can't compare the Patriots blowouts to the Cowboys/Eaglles game because the circumstances were different. For example, the Cowboys didn't have any timeouts left and the Westbrook play got a first down and enabled Philly to run out the clock.

In the Patriots/Redskins game the Redskins had a timeout when NE had the ball deep near the end zone and for some reason Gibbs decided to use it. Belichick said he would have worn down the clock if Gibbs didn't call the TO but had to run a play because BB knew there could be a circumstance where Washington could get back into the game.

Each game is different. And BTW, running up the score doesn't exist in the NFL or any other sport for that matter. When was the last time an MLB, NHL or NBA team was accused of running up the score?

:beer::beer::beer:

OB
12-19-2007, 04:41 PM
You can't compare the Patriots blowouts to the Cowboys/Eaglles game because the circumstances were different. For example, the Cowboys didn't have any timeouts left and the Westbrook play got a first down and enabled Philly to run out the clock.

In the Patriots/Redskins game the Redskins had a timeout when NE had the ball deep near the end zone and for some reason Gibbs decided to use it. Belichick said he would have worn down the clock if Gibbs didn't call the TO but had to run a play because BB knew there could be a circumstance where Washington could get back into the game.

Each game is different. And BTW, running up the score doesn't exist in the NFL or any other sport for that matter. When was the last time an MLB, NHL or NBA team was accused of running up the score?

Celtics v Knicks a week or so ago :D

Plus i like picking on you patsie fans, being from CT and all - I will have ALL due respect for any patriots fan that can show me they owned ORIGINAL patriots stuff - not throwback BS - but original - like an AFC championship tshirt from 85 - not bought off ebay :D

Although I had (or the ex has) a pin that has the broncos as SB champs in the Redskins SB :laugh:

Thing is prolly worth some money though - shouldve kept it :laugh:

WTE
12-19-2007, 04:59 PM
Celtics v Knicks a week or so ago :D

Plus i like picking on you patsie fans, being from CT and all - I will have ALL due respect for any patriots fan that can show me they owned ORIGINAL patriots stuff - not throwback BS - but original - like an AFC championship tshirt from 85 - not bought off ebay :D

:

My AFC Championship T-Shirt from 1985 is long gone. Wouldn't fit me anyway. But I shoulda kept it. It would fit my 12 year old now. :laugh:

OB
12-19-2007, 06:06 PM
My AFC Championship T-Shirt from 1985 is long gone. Wouldn't fit me anyway. But I shoulda kept it. It would fit my 12 year old now. :laugh:

And everyone picks on me for drinkin to much ;) :beer:

WTE
12-19-2007, 10:05 PM
And everyone picks on me for drinkin to much ;) :beer:

Are you talkin' about my beer belly?

:welcome:

~burp~

:beer:

broncosfanscott
12-19-2007, 11:01 PM
That is a head up play and one not many players would have done. Even if he scored though the game would have been a two score lead anyways. Still would have been game over.

SR
12-20-2007, 02:18 AM

I think its classless -im not saying everyone should do what Westbrook did - the game was too close - and we've all learned from being broncos fans PREVENT DEFENSE is the worst thing EVER

But why do the patriots feel the need to win games by 40/50 points when its not necessary? There has been more than one occasion this year that the Pats were doing nothing but obviously running up the score just to humilate the team they were playing - poor sportsmanship - IMHO

But then again Im older and understand what sportsmanship means :coffee:

I really don't think you understand why Westbrook did what he did.

OB
12-20-2007, 11:43 AM
I really don't think you understand why Westbrook did what he did.

SR I do understand that he did it for time sake and not wanting to give the ball back, yes - Im not a complete moron - just a partial one ;) - but they could still have run down the clock and then run the ball in with a second left or w/e -

And I know there is a small chance someone fumbles or something if you dont take the knee, so yes, it was a very smart, heads up play by Westbrook and realize he did it for reasons other than not scoring

I just think given the same circumstances with a 50 point lead the pats would have scored - even if the clock was at 00:00 b4 they got all the way to the end zone

I really do feel bellichick is trying to do something/send a message by running up those scores - maybe its cause of last years AFC Championship game or the whole cheating thing

Although the last few games have been squeakers by patriots standards (cept pitt)