PDA

View Full Version : Week 4 Power Rankings

CoachChaz
10-06-2009, 09:39 AM
32. St. Louis (0-4) – Doesn’t get much worse

31. Tampa Bay (0-4) – Might as well let Freeman play. Get the kid some early reps

30. Oakland (1-3) – Is is there another QB in the NFL that wears a more fitting number?

29. Cleveland (0-4) – They got close…just couldn’t hold on

28. Kansas City (0-4) – Way too much work to do. And some thought they’d surprise people.

27. Washington (2-2) – Zorn has done some of the dumbest play-calling ever seen. Time for a change already

26. Detroit (1-3) – Gotta admire the effort against the Bears

25. Carolina (0-3) – BYE week

24. Buffalo (1-3) – So much for TO helping out the offense

23. Miami (1-3) – Much better showing against a bad team.

22. Seattle (1-3) – Just cant seem to create their own opportunities.

21. Jacksonville (2-2) – All the sudden they start playing to their ability

20. Houston (2-2) – Wanna bet they finish 8-8…again

19. Tennessee (0-4) – Winless start with Indy up next. Things aren’t looking too good.

18. Arizona (1-2) – BYE week

17. San Francisco (3-1) – I just have a hard time believing in this team. I’m not completely sold on Singletary as a head coach yet

16. Cincinnati (3-1) – That blowout win over Cleveland is all the proof I needed to rank them higher. (saracasm)

15. Dallas (2-2) – 2 wins against winless teams and 2 losses against undefeated teams. Where do they really stand?

14. Green Bay (2-2) – Caught Favre on a very motivated night

13. Chicago (3-1) – Still gotta get the running game going. A big run here and there isn’t going to help

12. Denver (4-0) – Defense looks like it for real. Next big test on the way

11. Atlanta (2-1) – BYE week

10. San Diego (2-2) – The defense just completely disappeared the past few years.

9. NY Jets (3-1) – Eventually EVERYONE realizes it when they have a rookie QB

8. Pittsburgh (2-2) – If they were a baseball team, they’d be looking for a new closer. What happened to their 4th quarter defense?

7. New England (3-1) – Kinda got handed a win. Still not overly impressive

6. Baltimore (3-1) – Bad calls and bad receiving cost them a tough game

5. Philadelphia (2-1) – BYE week

4. Indianapolis (4-0) – Manning doing what Manning does.

3. NY Giants (4-0) – Not the toughest schedule in the world…so far

2. New Orleans (4-0) – They can score through the air, on the ground, on defense…fantasy owners may want to pick up their ST next week

1. Minnesota (4-0) – The old man can still get it done when he has too and the defense is starting to wake up.

GEM
10-06-2009, 09:44 AM
Looks good. Don't see why the pretenders (San Diego) are above us at the moment.

MileHighCrew
10-06-2009, 09:48 AM
That is my only point too, why are the Chargers ahead of the Broncos?

Poet
10-06-2009, 11:20 AM
Coach I really look forward to the rest of the season. If a team like Cincinnati wins ugly they get blasted for it. Meanwhile I could find several good teams with ugly wins like Cincinnati's but you wouldn't penalize them for it.

It's not that I don't think you're good at this, but Cincinnati keeps WINNING. As in they put up the W. Palmer's had 3 fourth quarter comebacks this season. Against Cleveland he had two game winning drives (Brad St.Louis, a name that should be familiar to you needs to be cut).

But at the end of the year when Cincinnati is contending for a WC we'll look over these same games and have more clarity.

But, I'll be right.

Slick
10-06-2009, 11:28 AM
Looks good. Don't see why the pretenders (San Diego) are above us at the moment.

Until we beat the Chargers, I can't argue with where we are at the moment.

Day1BroncoFan
10-06-2009, 11:35 AM
We're playing much better football over all than the chargirls. I think we should switch with them and the Taxans should be ahead of Ten. The rest are what they are.

GEM
10-06-2009, 11:35 AM
You got a week and a half slick. Have a mojito, sit back and watch Doom slap Phyllis around. :D

Slick
10-06-2009, 11:43 AM
You got a week and a half slick. Have a mojito, sit back and watch Doom slap Phyllis around. :D

:lol: I'm looking ahead to this game. I want to beat the Pats, but I want to beat the Chargers more.

Day1BroncoFan
10-06-2009, 11:55 AM
I'll be at the Monday night chargilrs game. I want to see the Broncos win it. :elefant:

underrated29
10-06-2009, 12:17 PM
I dont think the bolts or falcons should be rated that high. Same with the jets. Yes, beofre the season started we knew they would have a great defense. But on offense they are not so good. to me they should rank below the falcons and above the chargers. Somewhere in the middle.

I predicited the falcons would fall flat, just like miami- I think atl is riding on hype and nothing else.

I also think the colts look pretty unstoppable right now and feel that they should be rated higher then the giants. Not that they dont look good either.

overall- very nice.

CoachChaz
10-06-2009, 12:18 PM
Coach I really look forward to the rest of the season. If a team like Cincinnati wins ugly they get blasted for it. Meanwhile I could find several good teams with ugly wins like Cincinnati's but you wouldn't penalize them for it.

It's not that I don't think you're good at this, but Cincinnati keeps WINNING. As in they put up the W. Palmer's had 3 fourth quarter comebacks this season. Against Cleveland he had two game winning drives (Brad St.Louis, a name that should be familiar to you needs to be cut).

But at the end of the year when Cincinnati is contending for a WC we'll look over these same games and have more clarity.

But, I'll be right.

..and if they keep winning, they'll keep climbing. Same with Denver. it makes no sense for me to put a team ahead of another team that is better than them simply because of their record...at least at this point in the season. By some standards, if St. Louis were to beat New Orleans, I should immediately move St. Louis to the #2 spot. Sorry, but I dont work that way.

CrazyHorse
10-06-2009, 12:35 PM
This year is starting to look like the Manning Bowl.

Poet
10-06-2009, 12:38 PM
..and if they keep winning, they'll keep climbing. Same with Denver. it makes no sense for me to put a team ahead of another team that is better than them simply because of their record...at least at this point in the season. By some standards, if St. Louis were to beat New Orleans, I should immediately move St. Louis to the #2 spot. Sorry, but I dont work that way.

Which is fine, but I just had issues and will keep having issues with Green Bay being ahead of us. I could see Pittsburgh because they are the defending champions and I think that they would very well end up with the divisional crown. That being said, SF should never have been ahead of us. They didn't have one quality win, in fact their biggest accomplishment was a close losing effort to Minn.

Then you look at the one team that Cincinnati lost to, a Denver team that is doing very well this year. I don't think it was a fluke loss for us because Crocker got out of position and big time mental mistakes will cost you games.

But the biggest issue is that you used the history of us, that's fine, but using last year's history isn't fair. Palmer was out for 12 games. We most certainly were not a playoff team with him, but we were definitely better than a 4 win team with him.

Meanwhile GB won all of two games more with Rodgers. SF won I think two or three more games in the worst division in football with a healthy team.

I don't think either of those teams could beat Cincinnati. In fact, I know that GB lost to us and I know that SF has a tough defense but it's offense is stagnant and one dimensional. That matches up with pretty much every team we've beaten this year.

Is this a top ten team? Right now, no.

But I think that we are better than Dallas, beater than GB, and better than Pittsburgh right now. I definitely think that we are better than a SD team that isn't going to be able to be healthy this year. I don't like Sproles as a guy who has to touch the ball a lot and I think LT is going to get a SB ring if he gets traded or as a RB coach.

Hell, we could very well be better than Chicago. They beat Pittsburgh but lost to Green Bay. We beat both of those teams. They had a lot of troubles with Detroit for most of that game, we let the Browns back in it. Both teams won, but they are so decimated and Cincinnati is starting to get it's banged up players back in good health.

CoachChaz
10-06-2009, 12:56 PM
Just give it time, King. We're only a quarter of the way into the season. Maybe 4 weeks from now I have Cincy ranked higher. Just want to see more out of them than what I have.

Poet
10-06-2009, 01:10 PM
Just give it time, King. We're only a quarter of the way into the season. Maybe 4 weeks from now I have Cincy ranked higher. Just want to see more out of them than what I have.

I could give it more time, or I could try to spark interesting debate. Or, for the sake of MB drama, I could challenge you to a duel to the death.

CoachChaz
10-06-2009, 02:30 PM
I could give it more time, or I could try to spark interesting debate. Or, for the sake of MB drama, I could challenge you to a duel to the death.

All 3...in their own way...are very viable and welcome options.

En guard!!

Poet
10-06-2009, 04:23 PM
All 3...in their own way...are very viable and welcome options.

En guard!!

Fair enough. It's never personal, btw. I doubt you took it that way.

Nomad
10-06-2009, 04:34 PM
Until we beat the Chargers, I can't argue with where we are at the moment.

True dat! Gotta beat the Chargers and quit getting beat up by the Chargers!!

frenchfan
10-07-2009, 02:35 AM
Coach... Good job as usual...

Broncos at 12 is fair enough... I don't think we can claim to be a top10 yet, but we're close... Next game against Pats and we'll know...

SD at 9? I don't buy it... But I like it to be underdogs against SD ;) :D

You were right on the money about Vikes last week... I have to admit... I thought Ravens were #1 but I was wrong. But they are really good this year anyway...
I'm not sold about Vikes' D though... But I need to finish to watch my week's game (MNF only sadly...) to have a closer look at it.
But this team can scared a lot of people... Favre is still a very good QB... Peterson? Just wish he was a Bronco... And a great D on paper (I will reserve my jugement on it for now).

Thanks for the job Coach :salute:

:defense:

Northman
10-09-2009, 05:49 AM
That is my only point too, why are the Chargers ahead of the Broncos?

Possibly because to this date they still own our ass.

Poet
10-11-2009, 03:44 PM
Yeah, now anything less than being ranked 7th is a mockery. Coach, I love you.

CoachChaz
10-12-2009, 07:47 AM
Yeah, now anything less than being ranked 7th is a mockery. Coach, I love you.

As soon as that game ended, I thought about how I could justify moving Cincy lower...just to piss you off.

Poet
10-12-2009, 10:50 AM
As soon as that game ended, I thought about how I could justify moving Cincy lower...just to piss you off.

I won't lie, that would have gotten a reaction which probably results in a banning.