PDA

View Full Version : Cutler is NO ELWAY.

Overtime
10-05-2009, 11:40 PM
I lawl at certain people on here think Cutler is even close to be John Elway or resembling John Elway.

there is ZERO COMPARISON of JAY CUTLER TO JOHN ELWAY.

Elway had the heart of a lion, the courage of a bear, and the will to win.

Jay Cutler has the cowardice of a baby mouse, because when things don't go his way, he whined and crybabied his way out of Denver, and then goes and lays an egg on opening weekend with 4 INT's against a mediocre Green Bay team. He also has no will to win, is not a team player, and is a selfish spoiled brat, who is only in it for the money. Elway never cared about the money, he let his play dictate his contract.

Since then he's played 2 garbage teams and 1 good team lacking it's identity,(2 of which I could beat if I was the QB.)

Cutlers helicopter on Sunday was no where near Elways helicopter in SB 32. Cutlers play came in a meaningless game against a bad (but slowly improving) Lions team. Big deal. I could have made that play from a wheelchair, blind folded, and wheeling backwards.

Cutler will never be anywhere close to Elway. for crying out loud, the guy is 20-21 as a starter, leads the league with INT's right now, and has only 1 pro bowl season in his 4 year career. No post season victories, and NO playoff appearances, and that won't change this year either, because the Bears will miss the playoffs. Cutler will never carry any team on his back like Elway did, when things go South, Cutler folds up shop, and shuts down mentally, and goes off to his isolation spot on the bench.

Cutler will also never play in a Super Bowl, let alone win one, so there is absolutely no reason to compare him to John Elway now, or ever for that matter.

CrazyHorse
10-05-2009, 11:43 PM
Cutler is no Elway? Really?
Seriously though...he's more like that Minnesota QB what's his face...

Overtime
10-05-2009, 11:48 PM
Cutler is no Elway? Really?
Seriously though...he's more like that Minnesota QB what's his face...

he could only wish he was Brett Favre, in his wildest dreams.

CrazyHorse
10-05-2009, 11:57 PM
he could only wish he was Brett Favre, in his wildest dreams.
Please don't mention that name.
Maybe Jay knows he can't get the touchdown record so he'll work for the Interception record. First the single season one set by Blanda and then all-time.

Overtime
10-06-2009, 12:02 AM
Cutler's about as much of a winner as Ryan Leaf, and yes, Cutler will own the INT record by the end of his career, if he lasts that long and doesn't quit.

Shazam!
10-06-2009, 12:29 AM
Jay Cutler isn't even Jake friggin' Plummer, let alone John Elway.

Overtime
10-06-2009, 12:36 AM

once Cutler gets his first DUI then he can at least be Brian Griese.....:coffee:

Gamechanger
10-06-2009, 02:39 AM
http://i38.tinypic.com/287f6t3.jpg

ursamajor
10-06-2009, 12:13 PM
I lawl at certain people on here think Cutler is even close to be John Elway or resembling John Elway.

there is ZERO COMPARISON of JAY CUTLER TO JOHN ELWAY.

Elway had the heart of a lion, the courage of a bear, and the will to win.

Jay Cutler has the cowardice of a baby mouse, because when things don't go his way, he whined and crybabied his way out of Denver, and then goes and lays an egg on opening weekend with 4 INT's against a mediocre Green Bay team. He also has no will to win, is not a team player, and is a selfish spoiled brat, who is only in it for the money. Elway never cared about the money, he let his play dictate his contract.

Since then he's played 2 garbage teams and 1 good team lacking it's identity,(2 of which I could beat if I was the QB.)

Cutlers helicopter on Sunday was no where near Elways helicopter in SB 32. Cutlers play came in a meaningless game against a bad (but slowly improving) Lions team. Big deal. I could have made that play from a wheelchair, blind folded, and wheeling backwards.

Cutler will never be anywhere close to Elway. for crying out loud, the guy is 20-21 as a starter, leads the league with INT's right now, and has only 1 pro bowl season in his 4 year career. No post season victories, and NO playoff appearances, and that won't change this year either, because the Bears will miss the playoffs. Cutler will never carry any team on his back like Elway did, when things go South, Cutler folds up shop, and shuts down mentally, and goes off to his isolation spot on the bench.

Cutler will also never play in a Super Bowl, let alone win one, so there is absolutely no reason to compare him to John Elway now, or ever for that matter.

This post is on the same level of idiocy as the crap that OR used to post. Every fanbase has one I guess.

Lets see, Jay forced the team that drafted him to trade him, because he didn't like the coach. Elway forced the team that drafted him to trade him, because he didn't like the coach.

And Cutler when asked about still playing on his rookie contract, said he would not concern himself about the money, and let it work itself out.

Your "jilted lover" antics are amusing though.

Overtime
10-06-2009, 12:30 PM
This post is on the same level of idiocy as the crap that OR used to post. Every fanbase has one I guess.

Lets see, Jay forced the team that drafted him to trade him, because he didn't like the coach. Elway forced the team that drafted him to trade him, because he didn't like the coach.

And Cutler when asked about still playing on his rookie contract, said he would not concern himself about the money, and let it work itself out.

Your "jilted lover" antics are amusing though.

just goes to show u know absolutely nothing about Elway or the Broncos.

john was fascinated as he wrote in one of his two auto biography's, about the newly developed west coast offense strategy. He specifically wanted to play for a team that practiced west coast offense. Baltimore clearly did not. So, John did something never before done in the NFL, he refused play until his rights were traded to a west coast offense team. He passed the time by playing professional baseball and was drafted by the yankees in 1981 where he had a batting average of .318 in 42 played games. He originally was drafted by the Kansas City Royals in 1979 but he did not want to sign. John played baseball for his first 2 years of college before trying football.

Baltimore ultimately traded his rights to Denver, and the rest is history. There is a huge back story on how Jon Elway and mike shanahan developed a relationship that a lot of people do not know. Mike worked under dan reeves as an offensive coordinator, and dan felt that john and mike were conspiring against his coaching methods so, dan fired mike...and i believe mike moved to oakland.

John took to mike and his assistant coaching style, which seemed to fit with john and his style of playing. so, when mike was hired as head coach it was good news for all broncos fans...and long awaited.

during his time as quarter back, John accumulated 5 jeep dealerships and had 4 children, the oldest of which is just starting out in college football and is being mentored by john.

Shortly before john won his second superbowl, his twin sister jana dies from cancer. then his father and mentor jack died also.

he also took a 26 million dollar paycut so they would be able to afford terrell davis.

Johns father Jack, used to coach him as a child, BY allowing him to throw rocks at thier mailbox for hours....in his auto biography he stated..."there just wasnt much else to do !

in high school, he had 5711 passing yards and 49 passing touchdowns. he was the number-one recruited high school player in the country, receiving over 60 scholarship offers

he also owns two steakhouse restaurants called elway's.

Elway married Janet Buchan, who attended Stanford University and competed on its swimming team, in 1984. They had four children before separating in 2002 and divorcing in 2003. he got to keep their siberian husky who they named "Kimo"

John Elway had a way of making those believe that the impossible can be done. he could make some believe in themselves to achieve what they never thought possible.

in one of his auto biographies, he wrote...." show me who you love, and i'll show you who you are". he inspires greatness.

Zweems56
10-06-2009, 12:32 PM
Sup dawg... I heard 21's no Champ.

claymore
10-06-2009, 12:35 PM
Cutler is statistically allot better than Elway was in his first few years. In the end he may be way better than Elway. We just dont know yet.

claymore
10-06-2009, 12:36 PM
once Cutler gets his first DUI then he can at least be Brian Griese.....:coffee:

Elway was/is a drunk too.

claymore
10-06-2009, 12:37 PM

Jake plummer has never had a year as good as Cutler. Plummer was benched in favor of Cutler remember that.

Zweems56
10-06-2009, 12:42 PM
Cutler is statistically allot better than Elway was in his first few years. In the end he may be way better than Elway. We just dont know yet.

I have an odd feeling he's going to go the way of Ryan Leaf in less seasons than it took for TD to retire due to injury.

claymore
10-06-2009, 12:44 PM
I have an odd feeling he's going to go the way of Ryan Leaf in less seasons than it took for TD to retire due to injury.

Possibly, but the Fact is he was breaking Elway's season records in his 3rd year. Without TD, Rod Smith and Shannon Sharpe and Ed McAffery.

CrazyHorse
10-06-2009, 12:45 PM
Jake plummer has never had a year as good as Cutler. Plummer was benched in favor of Cutler remember that.

Umm who holds the Broncos record for touchdown passes in a single season?

claymore
10-06-2009, 12:47 PM
Umm who holds the Broncos record for touchdown passes?
Thats a retorical question, Go ahead and post the answer.

Zweems56
10-06-2009, 12:59 PM
Possibly, but the Fact is he was breaking Elway's season records in his 3rd year. Without TD, Rod Smith and Shannon Sharpe and Ed McAffery.

This may be the strongest reason that he DID break those records. I dont have stats on hand (at work) but I'm willing to bet that he passed A LOT more often than Elway did in the season that he set the previous record.

claymore
10-06-2009, 01:06 PM
This may be the strongest reason that he DID break those records. I dont have stats on hand (at work) but I'm willing to bet that he passed A LOT more often than Elway did in the season that he set the previous record.
Elways best years was in 93 (without TD) and 97 With him. 93 he had over 4000 yards passing(25 Td's), and 97 he had 3900'ish and 27 TD's.

Dr Velcro
10-06-2009, 02:45 PM
http://i38.tinypic.com/287f6t3.jpg

Agreed.

shank
10-06-2009, 02:49 PM

the league has changed a LOT since 1983, clay.

this thread is stupid. i'm leaving.

Midnight Blue
10-06-2009, 03:32 PM
What Cutler is: the closest thing to John Elway that the Broncos had since Elway's retirement. He has not yet earned (on the field) the status to be even mentioned in the same sentence as #7. However... I believe he will succeed with the Bears... the only question is "how much success will he have"? And that's up to him, the rest of his team, the coaching staff and the "football gods".

When is the time gonna come that we Broncos fans stop obsessing over (hating on) him? We got value for him in a trade that our front office (owner) wanted. It's time to move on, IMHO.

claymore
10-06-2009, 03:33 PM
What Cutler is: the closest thing to John Elway that the Broncos had since Elway's retirement. He has not yet earned (on the field) the status to be even mentioned in the same sentence as #7. However... I believe he will succeed with the Bears... the only question is "how much success will he have"? And that's up to him, the rest of his team, the coaching staff and the "football gods".

When is the time gonna come that we Broncos fans stop obsessing over (hating on) him? We got value for him in a trade that our front office (owner) wanted. It's time to move on, IMHO.

Hell yeah! Salute!

People are still mad that Plummer was replaced by him. Its almost a cult.

Northman
10-06-2009, 03:39 PM
Hell yeah! Salute!

People are still mad that Plummer was replaced by him. Its almost a cult.

Well, actually its Cults.

You have your Jake Cult and now we have the Cutler Cult. I say kill them all.

CrazyHorse
10-06-2009, 04:24 PM
Umm who holds the Broncos record for touchdown passes in a single season?

Thats a retorical question, Go ahead and post the answer.

Ah fixed it. By the way the answer is Jake Plummer.(and Elway both had 27)

Overtime
10-06-2009, 04:45 PM

uh ok, he also had Eddie Royal, Brandon Marshall, Stokely, and Scheffler and Graham...so you're saying it took 2 guys more for Cutler to do what Elway did with 3 guys?

:rolleyes:

Zweems56
10-06-2009, 06:36 PM
Elways best years was in 93 (without TD) and 97 With him. 93 he had over 4000 yards passing(25 Td's), and 97 he had 3900'ish and 27 TD's.

When I bolded the presence of TD, I was referring to a running game in general. Can you get me attempts and completions for those years in comparison to Cutler's?

Slick
10-06-2009, 06:40 PM
Um Yeah....taking Frau's advice....leaving.

Zweems56
10-06-2009, 06:55 PM
I'm not sure why I asked for someone else to do the stats to begin with....

Anyway, before anyone goes flaming me, I'm not posting this, or even discussing this to argue. Its just up for DISCUSSION! PREFERABLY UNBIASED.

Elway's 1993 year: 348-551 4030 25/10
Cutler's 2008 year: 384-616 4526 25/18

Broncos total rushes from running backs alone

1993: 406
2008: 373

While no one can dispute that Cutler's season last year was astonishing as far as total yardage, it is clear that he had quite a few more pass attempts in the season than Elway had. That being said, if you do the math to determine how many yards Elway would have had if he had completed 384 balls like Cutler, you come up with approx. 4450 yards. Again, these stats are just for anyone curious about the comparison between Elway's 93 year, and cutler's 2008 year.

That being said.... I'm going to go watch us beat the shit out of the Cowboys again.

claymore
10-06-2009, 07:10 PM
uh ok, he also had Eddie Royal, Brandon Marshall, Stokely, and Scheffler and Graham...so you're saying it took 2 guys more for Cutler to do what Elway did with 3 guys?

:rolleyes:
You're just being angry. Numbers dont lie. Cutler was on pace to be a far better QB than Elway was (statistically).

Zweems56
10-06-2009, 07:34 PM
You're just being angry. Numbers dont lie. Cutler was on pace to be a far better QB than Elway was (statistically).

WAS. Not anymore. He's a bear. :D We all know what happens to bears quarterbacks.

Shazam!
10-06-2009, 09:48 PM
Jay Cutler could turn water into wine and still not be able to bring to the game what Elway did. Period.

Elway had the bigger arm (Cutler's biggest asset). Elway was a leader. Elway could do it all.

Elway earned respect.

Cutler was a bitch.

I'd rather have Jake Plummer back at QB than Cutler.

**** him.

Overtime
10-06-2009, 11:00 PM
Jay Cutler could turn water into wine and still not be able to bring to the game what Elway did. Period.

Elway had the bigger arm (Cutler's biggest asset). Elway was a leader. Elway could do it all.

Elway earned respect.

Cutler was a bitch.

I'd rather have Jake Plummer back at QB than Cutler.

**** him.

Im glad someone has some common sense around here.

Let's not forget, Elway carried teams on his back, Elway made things happen.

The only thing butthurtler ever made happen around here was us miss the playoffs, because the sap couldn't win 1 lousy game in 5 tries.

Elway found ways to win. Butthurtler found things to cry and pout about.

Shazam!
10-07-2009, 12:32 AM
If Cutler played behind some of Elway's OLines, he'd be the alltime INT leader of the NFL.

frenchfan
10-07-2009, 06:12 AM
You're just being angry. Numbers dont lie. Cutler was on pace to be a far better QB than Elway was (statistically).I don't care about many stats...

Look at record... look at what Elway did during his career without having a great supporting cast...
If Elway had Shanny as HC before, his stats wouldn't have been the same... Same with the O he had the last 3 years...
Has Cutler took as many hits as John did and was durable enough?
As far as I know, he was one of the most hit QB in NFL history and only missed 16 games through 16 seasons...
He owns 4th quarter comeback record if I am correct (49).
John Elway played 5 SB as starter QB (NFL record)... He came at least to 2 SB just because of (or thanks to) him...

Stats don't lie? May be, but they don't tell the whole truth either... I can name some QBs who had great stats too but never won a SB ;)

Elway never had Montana's stats but just ask something about #7 to Joe Cool... I think he'd have a lot to say... John Elway was a very special QB... BTW, Montana explained that they had no mercy for Broncos during that famous SB because they didn't want to give Elway a chance to comeback in the game... That speaks for itself, no?

Can Jay Cutler be better than Elway? May be, but I really doubt that... If he matures and finds a better leadership, yes, he has a chance.

If you want to compare current QBs to Elway, let's start first with Peyton, Brady or even Big Ben. Jay can become a HOF too though but it's really too early to try to compare him to some legends sorry... :coffee: