PDA

View Full Version : If youre the Browns, do you keep Anderson or Quinn?

lex
12-16-2007, 01:27 PM
Youve heard the old saying that a bird in the hand is worth more than one in the bush, right? Cleveland really has an interesting problem to have. Anderson has been playing on a borderline all pro level but youve invested a #1 in Quinn. If you were Cleveland and had to pick one, who would it be?

Skinny
12-16-2007, 01:46 PM
Go with Anderson ... 'If it is'nt broke ... don't fix it.'

Like Denver, Cleveland has broken parts ... the Q.B. position is'nt one of them ...

:2cents:

Cleveland Rocks
12-16-2007, 01:59 PM
Let's see...

A QB who is a 6th round draft pick has done nothing in his entire career and then comes in this year and actually has more TD's than INT's for a season.

Then, there is a 1st round draft pick who was raised in Ohio and has been a Browns fan his entire life and wants to be in Cleveland.

Really no option whatsoever, Quinn. Any thought of the Browns going with Anderson instead of Quinn is idiotic.

Lorcust
12-16-2007, 02:07 PM
Let's see...

A QB who is a 6th round draft pick has done nothing in his entire career and then comes in this year and actually has more TD's than INT's for a season.

Then, there is a 1st round draft pick who was raised in Ohio and has been a Browns fan his entire life and wants to be in Cleveland.

Really no option whatsoever, Quinn. Any thought of the Browns going with Anderson instead of Quinn is idiotic.

It doesn't matter how bad Quinn wants to be on the browns if Anderson can play well.

And Anderson is playing well, despite what you want to think. Sure the O-line, the receivers, Jamal and Kellen Winslow are helping him, but he's making the most of what they're giving him and helping leading the Browns to a winning record.

You'd think you could be appreciative of his accomplishments, but no, you have to complain.

Quinn could be good, but he is an unknown commodity right now. When you have a proven commodity in Anderson, don't downplay what he does.

The agenda you have is obvious and kind of disgusting.

Escobar
12-16-2007, 02:09 PM
Tough as heck......until the browns lose like 3 or more games, i don't see quinn playing any time soon. Although i would love to see him play, but you can't change your game if your winning.

Cleveland Rocks
12-16-2007, 02:13 PM
It doesn't matter how bad Quinn wants to be on the browns if Anderson can play well.

And Anderson is playing well, despite what you want to think. Sure the O-line, the receivers, Jamal and Kellen Winslow are helping him, but he's making the most of what they're giving him and helping leading the Browns to a winning record.

You'd think you could be appreciative of his accomplishments, but no, you have to complain.

Quinn could be good, but he is an unknown commodity right now. When you have a proven commodity in Anderson, don't downplay what he does.

The agenda you have is obvious and kind of disgusting.

Thank you. How many interceptions does Anderson have this year?

Since you are a Bronco fan I figured you would have similar feelings as me.

Plummer or Cutler?
Cutler or Plummer?

Hmmm ... who to pick. Older veteran player who has a penchant for throwing interceptions or a young player full of promise?

You go with the young player full of promise who was drafted for a reason.

Quinn was drafted for a reason. Quinn was not drafted to be traded. Quinn was not drafted to sit on the bench for extended lengths of time. Quinn is the Browns QB of the future - Anderson is the Trent Dilfer of the Browns. He is keeping the QB position warm for Quinn. Anderson is the QB of the futuresque for some other team. Just picture with Anderson being among the league leaders in touchdowns and interceptions who will be suckered by the media into giving up a lot for Anderson. The Falcons? Maybe. Just picture the Browns don't have a lot of draft picks for this coming draft. Tender Anderson and let him go to the highest bidder and the Browns get multiple draft picks. It's called thinking of the "big picture" and not allowing the national media to cloud your judgement. If the Browns keep Anderson and get rid of Quinn it will be the stupidest mistake the Browns management have made since cutting Bernie.

Lorcust
12-16-2007, 02:48 PM
Thank you. How many interceptions does Anderson have this year?

Since you are a Bronco fan I figured you would have similar feelings as me.

Plummer or Cutler?
Cutler or Plummer?

Hmmm ... who to pick. Older veteran player who has a penchant for throwing interceptions or a young player full of promise?

You go with the young player full of promise who was drafted for a reason.

Quinn was drafted for a reason. Quinn was not drafted to be traded. Quinn was not drafted to sit on the bench for extended lengths of time. Quinn is the Browns QB of the future - Anderson is the Trent Dilfer of the Browns. He is keeping the QB position warm for Quinn. Anderson is the QB of the futuresque for some other team. Just picture with Anderson being among the league leaders in touchdowns and interceptions who will be suckered by the media into giving up a lot for Anderson. The Falcons? Maybe. Just picture the Browns don't have a lot of draft picks for this coming draft. Tender Anderson and let him go to the highest bidder and the Browns get multiple draft picks. It's called thinking of the "big picture" and not allowing the national media to cloud your judgement. If the Browns keep Anderson and get rid of Quinn it will be the stupidest mistake the Browns management have made since cutting Bernie.

Plummer made a career out of throwing interceptions and Cutler was drafted to replace Plummer eventually. It came sooner rather than later.

Nobody said you have to get rid of Quinn, but if Anderson isn't loosing his job and is playing solidly, then there isn't a reason for him to lose it.

Plummer was also 32. Anderson is 25 and it is his first full year starting. You're telling me he isn't full of promise as well?

Draft status is irrelevant. Tom Brady was also a 6th round draft pick. He was drafted because the QB position was in question.

Anderson answers some of those questions and it gives the Browns options.

You can never have too many QBs.

It's pretty clear you just don't like Anderson. You didn't like him last year when he replaced your "cleveland home town hero" Frye and you don't like him now because he's ahead of your "Ohio-born-and-raised prodigy."

Sentimental **** like that is probably worse than what ever impact you think the national media has on my opinions.

He has intercepions sure, but is producing plenty of touchdowns as well. He does something some teams can't do. Score.

Quinn hasn't proven anything yet. While he hasn't gotten a chance, having someone who is so good that he hasn't given Quinn a reason to play yet is NOT a bad thing.

Escobar
12-16-2007, 02:51 PM
anderson is in his first year of starting lol.........hes not a vet don't compare him to plummer

Cleveland Rocks
12-16-2007, 02:59 PM
He has intercepions sure, but is producing plenty of touchdowns as well. He does something some teams can't do. Score.

Quinn hasn't proven anything yet. While he hasn't gotten a chance, having someone who is so good that he hasn't given Quinn a reason to play yet is NOT a bad thing.

It is very easy to score when you start at midfield due to kick returns.

Cribbs is responsible for that field position.

This thread is about who do you "keep".

Do you "keep" Anderson or do you "keep" Quinn.

Keep, well, it's obvious what the word "keep" means.

Either you "keep" Anderson who has done nothing in his career untill this year when he has a positive TD-INT ratio. Or do you "keep" the player that the team drafted to take over at QB. Who will the Browns get more picks for in a trade? A first round draft pick, yet to play. Or a person who is among the league leaders in touchdowns. Who has more value? Who would the Browns get more draft picks for? Quinn wants to be in Cleveland and is getting paid big money. Andersen just wants big money as he is being paid very little as far as starting QB's go. Anderson will demand more draft picks from whomever goes for him this offseason. The Browns need a defense. The defense is non-existant. The Browns lead the league in points allowed (unless Buffalo is held to less than 13 points - a real possiblility - in which case Denver becomes the worst defense).

Lorcust
12-16-2007, 03:06 PM
It is very easy to score when you start at midfield due to kick returns.

Cribbs is responsible for that field position.

This thread is about who do you "keep".

Do you "keep" Anderson or do you "keep" Quinn.

Keep, well, it's obvious what the word "keep" means.

Either you "keep" Anderson who has done nothing in his career untill this year when he has a positive TD-INT ratio. Or do you "keep" the player that the team drafted to take over at QB. Who will the Browns get more picks for in a trade? A first round draft pick, yet to play. Or a person who is among the league leaders in touchdowns. Who has more value? Who would the Browns get more draft picks for? Quinn wants to be in Cleveland and is getting paid big money. Andersen just wants big money as he is being paid very little as far as starting QB's go. Anderson will demand more draft picks from whomever goes for him this offseason. The Browns need a defense. The defense is non-existant. The Browns lead the league in points allowed (unless Buffalo is held to less than 13 points - a real possiblility - in which case Denver becomes the worst defense).

Anderson is the one who seals the deal though and leads the team down the field.

You see everything too black and white. It's not all Cribbs on returns. It's not all O-line + receivers for the offense.

Anderson is a cog in the machine, he does his part to help the offense. Unless the coach is sure Quinn can step in and be successful, shipping out Anderson and putting in potential bust at QB, just because he's a first rounder, could set the franchise back a few years again. It could work out as well.

My point is, you don't have to make a decision now. Let it play out. See how Anderson does in the playoffs, and make the decision furthur down the road.

Cleveland Rocks
12-16-2007, 05:14 PM
Anderson is the one who seals the deal though and leads the team down the field.

You see everything too black and white. It's not all Cribbs on returns. It's not all O-line + receivers for the offense.

Anderson is a cog in the machine, he does his part to help the offense. Unless the coach is sure Quinn can step in and be successful, shipping out Anderson and putting in potential bust at QB, just because he's a first rounder, could set the franchise back a few years again. It could work out as well.

My point is, you don't have to make a decision now. Let it play out. See how Anderson does in the playoffs, and make the decision furthur down the road.

Few more things about Anderson.

You know how I said he is a very innaccurate QB. But, of course, everyone on this board naturally has to disagree. Anderson is the 29th ranked passer in accuracy (a ranking made up of 33 quarterbacks in the NFL with an average of at least 14 passes/game)

Also, Anderson is tied for 6th in the NFL for most interceptions thrown this year. Then, also, somebody on this board said he had a very nice QB rating and was among the league leaders in it. Well, sorry once again, but Anderson is 14th in the NFL in Passer Rating.

So, he is very near the bottom in the NFL in pass accuracy and is among the worst QB's in the league as far as interceptions. Yet, you all want him to see the "big bucks" for that? Ridiculous. If the Browns got rid of Quinn and kept Anderson it would be the worst mistake the FO has maked in years.

Just a sidenote as well...

You are all Bronco fans and would love to see the Browns 2 years from now in need of drafting another QB because Anderson proved to be a 1-year wonder and Quinn would be off starting for some other team.

Poet
12-16-2007, 06:03 PM
Let's see...

The round you are drafted in is irrelevant. You know this, you have had your head beaten in with that argument before time and time again.

Who cares if he was raised in Ohio, or has been a Browns fan his entire life. Earlier in the draft he was trying really hard to become a Lion, the guy would play hard anywhere he was drafted. Give me more sustenance for your argument.

Cleveland Rocks
12-16-2007, 06:15 PM
The round you are drafted in is irrelevant. You know this, you have had your head beaten in with that argument before time and time again.

Who cares if he was raised in Ohio, or has been a Browns fan his entire life. Earlier in the draft he was trying really hard to become a Lion, the guy would play hard anywhere he was drafted. Give me more sustenance for your argument.

Where you are picked in the draft shows a lot about what is expected of you.

Do tell me, what is expected of a 6th round draft pick vs a 1st round draft pick.

Please, since you are such an educated and all-knowing individual. Do tell me, what are the expectations?!

Lorcust
12-16-2007, 06:28 PM
Where you are picked in the draft shows a lot about what is expected of you.

Do tell me, what is expected of a 6th round draft pick vs a 1st round draft pick.

Please, since you are such an educated and all-knowing individual. Do tell me, what are the expectations?!

Play on the field. REALITY far overrides "expectations."

So then you're arguement would be. A guy who overachieved expectations vs. a guy who has high expectations he has yet a chance to deliver on.

Either way, starting Quinn and shipping off Anderson based on that arguement is just plain stupid.

You are all Bronco fans and would love to see the Browns 2 years from now in need of drafting another QB because Anderson proved to be a 1-year wonder and Quinn would be off starting for some other team.

As bronco fans, we, quite frankly, couldn't give a damn about the browns one way or another. We're a good group to ask because we have no bias, we have no advantage in seeing one or the other and so we're one of the level headed groups you can ask. It's like asking Colts fans, or Seahawk fans, or any other fans with set-QB positions who are merely on the outside looking in.

We don't hate the Browns. It's like saying the media hates us (any team). The Media just doesn't care enough. We don't care either, hence we're unbiased.

You know how I said he is a very innaccurate QB. But, of course, everyone on this board naturally has to disagree. Anderson is the 29th ranked passer in accuracy (a ranking made up of 33 quarterbacks in the NFL with an average of at least 14 passes/game)

Your point about Quinn is that he's a young QB with room to grow, well.... you fail to acknowledge Anderson is 25 and also has room to grow. You keep calling him a "veteran." Age 25 in your first year ever starting is hardly "veteran."

He has room to grow. Like it or not.

Also, Anderson is tied for 6th in the NFL for most interceptions thrown this year. Then, also, somebody on this board said he had a very nice QB rating and was among the league leaders in it. Well, sorry once again, but Anderson is 14th in the NFL in Passer Rating.

Carson Palmer, a top 5 QB in the NFL, leads the league in interceptions I believe and is having a down year. Even the best can have high interception seasons. And still 14 interceptions is not that much. It's a lot in comparison to others because most QBs are having a better year throwing the ball (several QBs over 100.0 QB rating for the season), but it's still not that bad at all.

Highlighting his deficiencies and giving credit of his accomplishments to everybody else is agenda-oriented bull, nothing more.

Stop playing the pity card charlie, nobody hates the Browns.

Cleveland Rocks
12-16-2007, 06:37 PM
Stop playing the pity card charlie, nobody hates the Browns.

The media is extremely biased and only cares for a "feel good story" and they create 'feel good stories' when there are none.

Remember the SuperBowl that was being played in Detriot with a player on a certain team that was from Detroit and how it was all wonderful because he was from Detroit?!

The Media jumped all over and played the "From Detroit" card to the extreme.

Now, Derek Andersonis their feel-good story and they are giving him praise for things he cas not done. Newspapers are proclaiming him to be an above-average QB as far as accuracy (29th in the League) and an expert of medium range passes. Sorry, but I watch the Browns and I have yet to see this Derek Anderson they are proclaiming. Anderson misses several key passes especially in the medium range.

Watchthemiddle
12-16-2007, 06:46 PM
Go with Anderson ... 'If it is'nt broke ... don't fix it.'

Like Denver, Cleveland has broken parts ... the Q.B. position is'nt one of them ...

:2cents:

I agree. Why bench a player that is playing well just because you have a 1st rounder waiting in the wings. I don't know ANY team that would do that. :rolleyes: That would surely be a mistake and could cost your team some wins and going to the post season.

Cleveland Rocks
12-16-2007, 06:48 PM
I agree. Why bench a player that is playing well just because you have a 1st rounder waiting in the wings. I don't know ANY team that would do that. :rolleyes: That would surely be a mistake and could cost your team some wins and going to the post season.

This thread isn't about "benching" a player.

This thread is about which player should stay on the roster.

Do the Browns go with the now instead of the future or do they go with the future.

Anderson is the now and Quinn is the future.

I don't understand why nobody in this thread actually read the topic of this thread.

This thread is about "Who do you KEEP?"

Watchthemiddle
12-16-2007, 06:53 PM
This thread isn't about "benching" a player.

This thread is about which player should stay on the roster.

Do the Browns go with the now instead of the future or do they go with the future.

Anderson is the now and Quinn is the future.

I don't understand why nobody in this thread actually read the topic of this thread.

This thread is about "Who do you KEEP?"

Oh that clears it up. THanks for telling me what the thread is about.

So let me re-phrase my post.

Why get rid of a player that is playing well just because you have a 1st rounder waitingin the wings? I have seen that recently with a team, I just can't remember who did that. :rolleyes: *wink wink*. That would surely cost the team some wins and making it to the post season.

Cleveland Rocks
12-16-2007, 06:55 PM
Oh that clears it up. THanks for telling me what the thread is about.

So let me re-phrase my post.

Why get rid of a player that is playing well just because you have a 1st rounder waitingin the wings? I have seen that recently with a team, I just can't remember who did that. :rolleyes: *wink wink*. That would surely cost the team some wins and making it to the post season.

Oh, I see.

You think that Derek Anderson is the same as Drew Brees.

Well, that there is your problem. You are raising up the bar and making Anderson into somebody he is not. Anderson is not Drew Brees and is nowhere near Drew Brees-esque.

Watchthemiddle
12-16-2007, 07:03 PM
Oh, I see.

You think that Derek Anderson is the same as Drew Brees.

Well, that there is your problem. You are raising up the bar and making Anderson into somebody he is not. Anderson is not Drew Brees and is nowhere near Drew Brees-esque.

No he is not Drew Brees, but we see this all the time in the NFL no a days. Getting rid of or benching a proven winner because of his age or a bad game or two for the high draft pick who doesn't even know the playbook yet and franchises suffer for it.

No doubt in my mind Quinn is going to be a stud in this league. I firmly believe that...but that said, Anderson has saved your season and is going to take your team to the post season.

To me you are sounding like all the Culter lovers last year wanting to get rid of Jake or bench him for Jay because he has so much potential. Well, look where that has gotten us. On the way to a 6-10 season and out of the playoffs for 2 years in a row.

Cleveland does not need to rush the development of QUinn. You guys have been bad for so long, why not keep them both and let Quinn continue to develop? Anderson has deserved to be the starter. Quinn has not. I have seen first hand with the Broncos what happens when you get rid of a starter who is a winner for someone who just gets the job handed to them. You start losing.

Kapaibro
12-16-2007, 07:10 PM
Why get rid of one?

Keep Anderson, until such time as you feel Brady is ready to go in.

The team around Anderson is doing great and he is having his best season ever. Quinn has often stated that while he wants to play, he puts whats best for the team first, even if that means holding a clipboard.
Even when Quinn does go in, Anderson isn't going to cost a fortune to keep, and better to have a back-up you know works well with the team.

Cleveland Rocks
12-16-2007, 07:18 PM
No he is not Drew Brees, but we see this all the time in the NFL no a days. Getting rid of or benching a proven winner because of his age or a bad game or two for the high draft pick who doesn't even know the playbook yet and franchises suffer for it.

No doubt in my mind Quinn is going to be a stud in this league. I firmly believe that...but that said, Anderson has saved your season and is going to take your team to the post season.

To me you are sounding like all the Culter lovers last year wanting to get rid of Jake or bench him for Jay because he has so much potential. Well, look where that has gotten us. On the way to a 6-10 season and out of the playoffs for 2 years in a row.

Cleveland does not need to rush the development of QUinn. You guys have been bad for so long, why not keep them both and let Quinn continue to develop? Anderson has deserved to be the starter. Quinn has not. I have seen first hand with the Broncos what happens when you get rid of a starter who is a winner for someone who just gets the job handed to them. You start losing.

Oh come now, you do not believe that Derek Anderson solely "came out of nowhere and made the Browns win"

Chudzinski
Cribbs
Edwards
Joe Thomas
KW2
Phil Dawson
Joe Jurevicius
Jamal Lewis

Ever hear those names before? Those are players who contributed heavily to the Browns season. Don't give me that bull that Derek Anderson is the sole person responsible for the Browns winning. Last year Derek Anderson played - and lost every game he started. So, do tell me, was Derek Anderson responsible for those losses? Because the way you are talking it sounds like you are perfectly fine with pinning all the Browns wins this season on Derek Anderson. The Browns defense is playing horribly and despite Crennel's claim of being a "defensive guru" it sure isn't showing. The Browns defense is among the worst in the league now and is just behind the Broncos for the worst defense in the league. Untill this week the Browns were the worst defense for a majority of the season.

Anderson has had a good stat this year (touchdowns) and he will certainly entertain offers from other teams and the Browns will be able to collect draft picks which can be used to improve the defense which seriously needs an overhaul. It is embarrasing to sit here and watch the defense continually allow teams first down after first down and score after score. Today's game even - an 8-0 win in a blizzard wasn't without it's defensive letdown. The Bills were in position to possibly win the game with less than a minute to go with the ball in the Browns redzone. The defense has continually failed to stop the opponents and allows team after team to get back into games that should have been over. The playoffs? Same old song and dance. Offense does well - defense will let opponent come back. Odds are (right now) that the Browns opponent in the playoffs will be Pittsburgh. With the defense the Browns have - how about a flashback to the 2002 playoffs? I don't want that - but the defense sure is doing it's part to make it look that way. By trading Andersen away the Browns will gather draft picks and finally draft competely defense in the draft. Offensive line, Linebackers, Defensive Backs - all of them. Plus, the Browns need a new defensive coordinator because Grantham isn't getting the job done.

Also, once again this entire thread is about only 2 scenarios.

The Browns keep Anderson and trade Quinn
or
The Browns keep Quinn and trade Anderson.

Keeping both is not a discussion to be had in this thread - this thread is about trading one and keeping another. So, in that even - Andersen would have to go in exchange for multiple draft picks. Quinn riding the bench is not an option in this thread.

Watchthemiddle
12-16-2007, 07:21 PM
Oh come now, you do not believe that Derek Anderson solely "came out of nowhere and made the Browns win"

Chudzinski
Cribbs
Edwards
Joe Thomas
KW2
Phil Dawson
Joe Jurevicius
Jamal Lewis

Ever hear those names before? Those are players who contributed heavily to the Browns season. Don't give me that bull that Derek Anderson is the sole person responsible for the Browns winning. Last year Derek Anderson played - and lost every game he started. So, do tell me, was Derek Anderson responsible for those losses? Because the way you are talking it sounds like you are perfectly fine with pinning all the Browns wins this season on Derek Anderson. The Browns defense is playing horribly and despite Crennel's claim of being a "defensive guru" it sure isn't showing. The Browns defense is among the worst in the league now and is just behind the Broncos for the worst defense in the league. Untill this week the Browns were the worst defense for a majority of the season.

Anderson has had a good stat this year (touchdowns) and he will certainly entertain offers from other teams and the Browns will be able to collect draft picks which can be used to improve the defense which seriously needs an overhaul. It is embarrasing to sit here and watch the defense continually allow teams first down after first down and score after score. Today's game even - an 8-0 win in a blizzard wasn't without it's defensive letdown. The Bills were in position to possibly win the game with less than a minute to go with the ball in the Browns redzone. The defense has continually failed to stop the opponents and allows team after team to get back into games that should have been over. The playoffs? Same old song and dance. Offense does well - defense will let opponent come back. Odds are (right now) that the Browns opponent in the playoffs will be Pittsburgh. With the defense the Browns have - how about a flashback to the 2002 playoffs? I don't want that - but the defense sure is doing it's part to make it look that way. By trading Andersen away the Browns will gather draft picks and finally draft competely defense in the draft. Offensive line, Linebackers, Defensive Backs - all of them. Plus, the Browns need a new defensive coordinator because Grantham isn't getting the job done.

So if Anderson isn't responsible for the wins, then how are you going to get all these draft picks in a trade you talk about? :confused:

Lorcust
12-16-2007, 07:22 PM
The media is extremely biased and only cares for a "feel good story" and they create 'feel good stories' when there are none.

Remember the SuperBowl that was being played in Detriot with a player on a certain team that was from Detroit and how it was all wonderful because he was from Detroit?!

The Media jumped all over and played the "From Detroit" card to the extreme.

Now, Derek Andersonis their feel-good story and they are giving him praise for things he cas not done. Newspapers are proclaiming him to be an above-average QB as far as accuracy (29th in the League) and an expert of medium range passes. Sorry, but I watch the Browns and I have yet to see this Derek Anderson they are proclaiming. Anderson misses several key passes especially in the medium range.

And I never said he was perfect either.

You care too much of what the media thinks. We don't care what they think right now, why do you?

He has room to grow, period. This is the first time he was handed the reigns to an nfl team for a full season and he's done a pretty damn good job. He's 25 and still has sufficient upside as he builds a repetoire with his young receiving corp.

Keeping him has its risks, just as trading him has its risks. Is he a one-year-wonder? Is Quinn the real deal? We don't know.

What we do know is Anderson is doing a pretty damn good job right now, is young, and is still becoming a good player.

Cleveland Rocks
12-16-2007, 07:23 PM
So if Anderson isn't responsible for the wins, then how are you going to get all these draft picks in a trade you talk about? :confused:

Because of his stats.

The media is giving Andersen this hype about being the "next Tom Brady" and fans from other teams will clamor for him and surely some hotshot Gm with something to prove will take a risk with Andersen and offer up draft picks in exchange for giving Andersen an offer.

Maybe the Falcons? Maybe the Dolphins? Who knows?

But somebody surely will make an offer and the Browns will be able to gain numerous draft picks to go along with the few that they do have.

Watchthemiddle
12-16-2007, 07:26 PM
Because of his stats.

The media is giving Andersen this hype about being the "next Tom Brady" and fans from other teams will clamor for him and surely some hotshot Gm with something to prove will take a risk with Andersen and offer up draft picks in exchange for giving Andersen an offer.

Maybe the Falcons? Maybe the Dolphins? Who knows?

But somebody surely will make an offer and the Browns will be able to gain numerous draft picks to go along with the few that they do have.

Well if you do get rid of Anderson, be prepared for an up and down season with starting Quinn. Although he has great potential, he will be inexperienced and make a lot of dumb mistakes. If you don't believe me, look no further then the Broncos QB situation.

But.....why not keep both? Let them compete it out in camp? I know you want to get some draft picks for Anderson, but a good backup is a very valuable comodity in the NFL.

Cleveland Rocks
12-16-2007, 07:29 PM
Well if you do get rid of Anderson, be prepared for an up and down season with starting Quinn. Although he has great potential, he will be inexperienced and make a lot of dumb mistakes. If you don't believe me, look no further then the Broncos QB situation.

But.....why not keep both? Let them compete it out in camp? I know you want to get some draft picks for Anderson, but a good backup is a very valuable comodity in the NFL.

This thread is not entertaining that.

This thread is built around only 2 distinct scenarios and bringing up a third one is "off topic".

This thread entertaines only two scenarios and those scenarios (which I stated a minute ago) are:

Keep Anderson, get rid of Quinn (by trade obviously)
Keep Quinn, get rid of Anderson (by restricted free agency)

Lorcust
12-16-2007, 07:30 PM

Because that's not what the threads about. :tsk:

Gawd. :rolleyes:

lex
12-16-2007, 07:31 PM
Why get rid of one?

Keep Anderson, until such time as you feel Brady is ready to go in.

The team around Anderson is doing great and he is having his best season ever. Quinn has often stated that while he wants to play, he puts whats best for the team first, even if that means holding a clipboard.
Even when Quinn does go in, Anderson isn't going to cost a fortune to keep, and better to have a back-up you know works well with the team.

Yeah, keeping both has probably occurred to everyone posting in this thread. But if I would have made that a choice, most likely everyone would vote for that. I want to know what they should do if the keep one and trade the other.

Watchthemiddle
12-16-2007, 07:37 PM
This thread is not entertaining that.

This thread is built around only 2 distinct scenarios and bringing up a third one is "off topic".

This thread entertaines only two scenarios and those scenarios (which I stated a minute ago) are:

Keep Anderson, get rid of Quinn (by trade obviously)
Keep Quinn, get rid of Anderson (by restricted free agency)

Oh...sorry.

I will not ask any more tough questions.

Because that's not what the threads about.

Gawd.

Yeah, I got that. So much for trying to have a discussion with another question. I guess I should have phrased my question as saying..."Hypothetically" before it

:rolleyes:

Cleveland Rocks
12-16-2007, 07:37 PM

Just a quick response as well to that...

Crennel's idea of talent is "veteran players" and not young players. Crennel is reluctant to start anyone if they are not a veteran. That is why he is a staunch ally of Willie McGinnest, Ted Washington, et cetera. The only way he will start a young player is if he is forced to start a young player. Whether it be by injury or some other circumstance.

In the preseason (when Crennel had his "competition" for the QB job, the QB who performed the best was Quinn. So, he hands the job to Frye. Then, when Frye plays bad in the opener, he handed the job to the only veteran QB left at the QB position on the team at that time - Anderson.

Skinny
12-16-2007, 07:43 PM
You are all Bronco fans and would love to see the Browns 2 years from now in need of drafting another QB because Anderson proved to be a 1-year wonder and Quinn would be off starting for some other team.I answered the question lex asked CR ... as if i was a fan. I have nothing against Cleveland or Quinn or you for that fact. And i'm not going to go around this Forum throwing rocks which is what seems be what your implying.

How long has the Q.B. carousel been going around and around in Cleve. before Anderson?? Now you have somebody who has solidified that position, filled in that need and you want to trade him away on potential (Quinn) and gather Draft picks or whatever ... cool ... it happens. But if i'm a Browns fan witnessing what's going on on Offense, i don't want to mess that up. Especially if it's to play a guy who has'nt thrown an NFL pass. You just don't know what's going to happen ... you know what you got right now with Anderson at the helm.

I just don't think right now Anderson is a liability ... i think he's more of an asset to Clevelands Offense than Quinn is.

I felt the same way about the Plummer/Cutler situation, stay with Plummer ... but i understood the reason Mikey made the decision he did. This is not the same situation ... Cleveland is moving the ball through the air and their putting up points ... Denver at the time was'nt. If Plummer was playing like Anderson has been all year, Mikey does'nt make that move.

Edwards and Winslow are living up too expectations and will hit the 1,000 yard mark this season. Their being given the chance to produce and their production is a result of Andersons play. The Offense is moving the ball up and down the feild and are 5th in the league in scoring Offense.

But the bottom line is your Browns are 9-5.

If the Browns knew Anderson was going to step up to the plate this season like he has ... Quinn would'nt even be in the equation, he was Drafted to fix the position ... just so happens, Anderson may have fixed it for you.

Good luck to yer Brownies, i have to admit, i'll be on that bandwagon in the Playoffs ... i'll be pulling for them.