PDA

View Full Version : Mile High Salute not working?

SR
12-16-2007, 07:57 AM
It's not working for me anyway...anyone else experiencing this?

Az Snake
12-16-2007, 09:24 AM
Still works for me.

Maybe you got suspended for being a smarty pants !

:lol:

SR
12-16-2007, 09:25 AM
Well what the crap.

KCL
12-16-2007, 12:37 PM
Still works for me.

Maybe you got suspended for being a smarty pants !

:lol:

if thats the case...he wouldnt be able to post anymore.I guess the salute is just the beginning of the ban:laugh:

j/k SR...No problems here.

Tned
12-16-2007, 10:40 PM
Well what the crap.

Just send you one. Did you get it? Can you describe how it isn't working, so I can try and look into it?

Az Snake
12-16-2007, 10:59 PM
Just send you one. Did you get it? Can you describe how it isn't working, so I can try and look into it?

I sent you one too, this am when I posted earlier.

SR
12-17-2007, 02:49 AM
Nothing happens when I click the little MHS guy. Oh well. Guess no one be gettin MHS from me. :cool:

Denver Native (Carol)
12-17-2007, 10:30 AM
Nothing happens when I click the little MHS guy. Oh well. Guess no one be gettin MHS from me. :cool:

Are you receiving them?

SR
12-17-2007, 10:31 AM
Are you receiving them?

Yep.:confused:

Tned
12-17-2007, 11:21 AM

What browser are you using? If they have never been working, it probably is a browser issue, mabye a popup or javascript issue. Try this to test something.

Right click on the yellow mile high salute icon, and choose "Open link in new window" or whatever browser option you have that is like that. That should create a full new browser window that just contains the place to enter the message and submit it. If you are able to do that, then we can confirm it is a browser setting of some kind.

If you can try the right click thing and let me know if that works, then let me know what type and version of browser you are using, and can probably find out why it isn't working for you.

SR
12-17-2007, 11:29 AM
It works when I open a new window. It just stopped working normally yesterday.

Lonestar
12-17-2007, 12:16 PM

Must be a different time zone again.. ;)

Perhaps if you lay off the spirits at night..

Keep your powder dry..

SR
12-17-2007, 12:18 PM
I've had one beer in the last two months and it was last Tuesday. I'm taking it WAY too easy on the spirits.

Lonestar
12-17-2007, 12:32 PM
I've had one beer in the last two months and it was last Tuesday. I'm taking it WAY too easy on the spirits.

MAybe that is the reason!!!!!!!!!

Tned
12-17-2007, 01:08 PM

Ok, I had that happen to me at BF after they made all the switches during the summer. It happened a couple times, started working again on its own, I never determined if it was a reboot, full browser restart, or what.

I know you hate these types of questions as much as me, but have you installed anything like a google toolbar or any other browser add in around the time it stopped working? Are you using IE or Firefox? What version?

Finally, does the button for creating bulleted or numbered lists work? I think they might use the same javascript or Ajax script (I think ajax, but not sure).

SR
12-17-2007, 01:53 PM
I'm using the version of IE without the tabs. I think it's just my computer at work because when I'm on my laptop in my barracks (like right now) it works just fine.

Our computer network is HUGE (2-3 thousand computers, 7TB in size) so sometimes we get little glitches in our computers. It happens. But, it works when I open it in a new window, so I'm good.

Tned
12-17-2007, 02:30 PM
I'm using the version of IE without the tabs. I think it's just my computer at work because when I'm on my laptop in my barracks (like right now) it works just fine.

Our computer network is HUGE (2-3 thousand computers, 7TB in size) so sometimes we get little glitches in our computers. It happens. But, it works when I open it in a new window, so I'm good.

Ok, it's a bit of a pain, but at least you can now give them out. I'll go ahead and check with vB support and see if there are known causes for it, in case there is any simple way to fix it that you would even be able to do on your work computer.

SR
12-17-2007, 02:32 PM
Ok, it's a bit of a pain, but at least you can now give them out. I'll go ahead and check with vB support and see if there are known causes for it, in case there is any simple way to fix it that you would even be able to do on your work computer.

No need. I'll deal with it. ;)