PDA

View Full Version : Bring on the Patriots

Shazam!
10-05-2009, 01:33 AM
I have thoroughly enjoyed the Broncos ass kicking of the Cowboys, it truly was dramatic and a fine defensive effort. Although I am already thinking about next week.

New England beat another strong defensive team yesterday in Baltimore at Foxboro.

McDaniels knows Brady & the Patriots all too well and how to keep Brady uncomfortable best. No doubt he'd like to lay the smackdown on his former boss too.

There are plenty of ex-Pats here who know what to expect too.

I don't think the Pats defense is very good either, and this is an area Denver can exploit.

The Broncos just went toe-to-toe with a very physical team in Dallas, so I think they can handle whatever the Pats throw at them.

They must attack often and not give Brady time. Denver's D operates similar to the NYJ's, who just a few weeks ago were very effective at not letting Brady get comfortable in the pocket. NE was very frustrated all game long and out of sync in NY. I'm sure McD will look at plenty of footage from that game.

Going for the Trifecta, I'll call it and say Denver holds NE to 14 or less.

Can the Broncos roll to 5-0 with one game to go (@ SD) before the Bye?

sneakers
10-05-2009, 01:50 AM
If the Broncos can beat the Patsies or at least keep it real close, anything is possible this season....but I still think we will finish 7-9 or 8-8 if things go really bad, 9-7 if things are OK, and 10-6 (or dare I say 11-5) if things go really well.

broncophan
10-05-2009, 02:00 AM
If the Broncos can beat the Patsies or at least keep it real close, anything is possible this season....but I still think we will finish 7-9 or 8-8 if things go really bad, 9-7 if things are OK, and 10-6 (or dare I say 11-5) if things go really well.

I agree.......although before the season I predicted 5-11....I think...
Our schedule is just too tough imo to squeeze out 10 or 11 wins.....but who knows.....not too many thought we would be 4-0 right now.

ikillz0mbies
10-05-2009, 02:10 AM
One game at a time. Just keep Brady on his heels and the Broncos will be fine.

sneakers
10-05-2009, 05:28 AM
One game at a time. Just keep Brady on his heels and the Broncos will be fine.

But don't go within a 3 yard radius of him, otherwise the refs will call a Roughing the Passer penalty...just ask the Ravens.

Dirk
10-05-2009, 06:18 AM
Next week will definately be a very tough matchup. The toughest so far this season.

It looks as if Brady has knocked the rust off his throwing arm and their defense isn't playing too bad either.

I look for the Broncos defense to have their hands full. But...I think they prove to the league once and for all they are indeed a "for real" defense.

Nomad
10-05-2009, 06:31 AM
Brady does look back to form and he's a smart/talented QB at that (he's no Romo). BRONCOS have to play a flawless game to win (NO MORE DAMN PENALTIES and offense have to put up more than 17 points). Hopefully buckhalter is ok!!

Dirk
10-05-2009, 07:00 AM
Yeah, the penalties were unreal against the Cowboys. They need to clean that up for the Pats!

claymore
10-05-2009, 07:03 AM
Ortons Accuracy needs to improve. The almost interceptions are going to eventually turn into real interceptions.

CoachChaz
10-05-2009, 07:07 AM
Even some of the ones that are NOT "almost" interceptions look pretty bad at times

gobroncsnv
10-05-2009, 07:07 AM
Do we get Stokes back next week? (or Eddie, for that matter!)

Yesterday's game, I was just hoping we could show we belonged on the same field with a playoff team. Kinda feel the same about the Pats. I watched some of their game against the Crows, and they looked pretty good.
Another thing I was thinking about our Dallas game was, "this will tell us a lot about our team." Good tests on both sides of the ball. I have the same thoughts about going against NE.
Still no playoff fever here, but definitely enjoying the ride.

Dirk
10-05-2009, 07:13 AM
I hope Stokes is back. He seems to be a favorite target of Orton. If not, maybe with yesterday's win, Orton and BMarsh will start gaining that much needed chemistry.

red98
10-05-2009, 07:18 AM
Next week will definately be a very tough matchup. The toughest so far this season.

It looks as if Brady has knocked the rust off his throwing arm and their defense isn't playing too bad either.

I look for the Broncos defense to have their hands full. But...I think they prove to the league once and for all they are indeed a "for real" defense.

I think the D has shown they will be just fine. I think the O has to improve next week to get a win.

19th in scoring
2 of 10 on 3rd down conversions

Dirk
10-05-2009, 07:29 AM
Agreed. The offense seems stagnant. They are playing a smart game but there is no "umph" to the offense. Like I said a week ago or so, they are still getting used to the offense and once they truly gel, with the defense playing the way they are, look out!

broncofaninfla
10-05-2009, 07:53 AM
The play calling on offense will have to get much better in order to beat the Patriots. The passing scheme is ineffective and our QB doesn't scare anybody. His accuracy is scary, utterly amazing he hasn't thrown a pick yet. With such a weak skill set at QB we really need to run the ball more. My *** hole puckers everytime Orton drops back to pass. With all that being said it feels great to have a defense again and we are 4-0.

Shazam!
10-05-2009, 08:14 AM
The offense got much better as the game wore on people.

claymore
10-05-2009, 08:37 AM
the offense got much better as the game wore on people.

lol.

Dreadnought
10-05-2009, 08:47 AM
The offense got much better as the game wore on people.

I actually agree. In three games now (Bengals, Browns, Cowboys) Orton's inaccuracy has had me sputtering and cussing him out in the first half. He has become more accurate in the second in all three, a reversal of what he did last year. We will need him to start playing complete games if we hope to knock off tougher opponents we'll be seeing soon. I can't expect Orton to beat Rivers, Manning, Brady, or Rothlisberger in pure shootouts, and I don't expect even the biggest Orton fan here thinks he can - but he will have to capitalize on more chances when he gets them early on.

The good news is that the defense has been so dominant that Orton has been given the luxury of getting his act together. To his credit he has been able to, but we need more points from this offense starting next week.

Ziggy
10-05-2009, 08:52 AM
I'd rather have a great D and average to poor O, than a great O and an average to poor d. That being said, I think this offense will get better as the season goes on. The penalties killed us again on offense yesterday, but the great D was able to overcome.

TXBRONC
10-05-2009, 09:25 AM
I have thoroughly enjoyed the Broncos ass kicking of the Cowboys, it truly was dramatic and a fine defensive effort. Although I am already thinking about next week.

New England beat another strong defensive team yesterday in Baltimore at Foxboro.

McDaniels knows Brady & the Patriots all too well and how to keep Brady uncomfortable best. No doubt he'd like to lay the smackdown on his former boss too.

There are plenty of ex-Pats here who know what to expect too.

I don't think the Pats defense is very good either, and this is an area Denver can exploit.

The Broncos just went toe-to-toe with a very physical team in Dallas, so I think they can handle whatever the Pats throw at them.

They must attack often and not give Brady time. Denver's D operates similar to the NYJ's, who just a few weeks ago were very effective at not letting Brady get comfortable in the pocket. NE was very frustrated all game long and out of sync in NY. I'm sure McD will look at plenty of footage from that game.

Going for the Trifecta, I'll call it and say Denver holds NE to 14 or less.

Can the Broncos roll to 5-0 with one game to go (@ SD) before the Bye?

What Denver did yesterday was not ass kicking. It was a tough fought phyical game. I am thrilled that Denver won but the offense is still a work in progress.

Yes our defense play a great game against a very good offense and yes I think our defense is good enough to keep us in most games but the offense can not keep making the mistakes they have been making because at some point that will come back to haunt us.

I think New England is beatable but I think it be another tough game. McDaniels know Brady and Belichick knows McDaniels and the offense he runs. Romo is good quarterback but Brady is great quarterback arguably one of top two in the League.

Shazam!
10-05-2009, 09:28 AM
What Denver did yesterday was not ass kicking. It was a tough fought phyical game. I am thrilled that Denver won but the offense is still a work in progress.

When you're down 10 nothing early and come back with 17 unanswered points and your defense holds to win the game, you aren't doing it all with mirrors. Romo was getting whacked around and Denver took all of Dallas' punches. Once upon a time the Broncos couldn't match physically and they relied on finesse. They deserve a lot of credit.

broncofaninfla
10-05-2009, 09:34 AM
When you're down 10 nothing early and come back with 17 unanswered points and your defense holds to win the game, you aren't doing it all with mirrors. Romo was getting whacked around and Denver took all of Dallas' punches. Once upon a time the Broncos couldn't match physically and they relied on finesse. They deserve a lot of credit.

Agreed. Our DEFENSE deserves a lot of credit. Very happy to date with our defense. Doom, Bailey, DJ, Davis and even Ayers were awesome yesterday.

TXBRONC
10-05-2009, 09:36 AM

I don't remember what the percentages are but teams that start 4-0 make the playoffs consistently.

Shazam!
10-05-2009, 09:42 AM
I will take a physical, intimidating, attacking defense over a potent offense any day.

Great defense wins championships and takes you into January.

Like in baseball, great pitching beats great hitting, great defense beats great offense.

Denver is going to abuse the Patriots physically on Sunday and that's why they'll win. Watch.

MileHighCrew
10-05-2009, 09:46 AM
The Pats are good, that is not going to surprize anyone. But this Broncos team, people still do not believe in them. If Dennis Green was talking about the Broncos it would be "WOW, they are NOT who we thought they were, I might want to crown their asses"

8-8 or better is a great season for this team heading into the year and at 4-0 now and 2 games against the Chiefs, 1 vs the Raiders and 1 vs Washington still to come, 8-8 is the minimum expectation at this point I would say.

Shazam!
10-05-2009, 09:48 AM
I think at this point 9-7 is a realistic expectation here if the defense can carry on. I haven't seen a Broncos defense this good in ages (1996?) and really enjoying watching it. Defense will win games and physically beating up your opponents will win.

TXBRONC
10-05-2009, 09:51 AM

Where did I say they didn't deserve credit and where did I say they were doing it with mirrors? I said nothing about them having to rely on finesse in fact I said I believe Denver can hang with teams we play this year. Orton was getting whack pretty hard himself.

Nevertheless an ass kicking is when you beat an opponent by double digits like we did to the Raiders and the Browns.

Bronco Warrior
10-05-2009, 10:04 AM
Two things: Denver did maul the cowTurds..on every side of the ball. Only penalties kept us from destroying them on the scoreboard.
Also...the cowboys fans that came on here were cool for the most part but PAts fans..atleast on NFL.com and in general, are delusional ManCrushers (Brady) who think they can do no wrong..and Brady is God! Take your meds if you got them...I just got my Script refilled for them! lol!
fuel for though. Bellicheat is 1-6 against Denver including the '05 divisional beatdown of Brady. Brady is ZERO and 4 against Denver and Bill's only win was last year with Cassel..against our '08 D. Also they have a dismall head to head record against us...I need to get the exact number...but it's sad!

Bronco Warrior
10-05-2009, 10:05 AM
And how sad! The PAts are signing Seau..they are desperate!

Reidman
10-05-2009, 10:08 AM
I will allow the Bronco defense to make my fantasy starting QB look like a zit
faced highschooler next week in exchange for a NE loss...

I think at this point 9-7 is a realistic expectation here if the defense can carry on

And I think this might actually be enough to take our division..

sacmar
10-05-2009, 10:15 AM
We're beating the pats....who's as% are we gonna so called "shock" the week after that.

Shazam!
10-05-2009, 10:20 AM
Where did say they didn't deserve credit and where did I say they were doing it with mirrors? I said nothing about them having to rely on finesse in fact I said I believe Denver can hang with teams we play this year. Orton was getting whack pretty hard himself.

Nevertheless an ass kicking is when you beat an opponent by double digits like we did to the Raiders and the Browns.

Nah Bro, I was just saying, not referring to your post.

An asskicking can come via scoring or a 1 point win. Denver beat Dallas up physically. When you win the battle at the LOS, you're doing good things. Denver is dominating up front on defense.

BroncoWave
10-05-2009, 10:30 AM
Ortons Accuracy needs to improve. The almost interceptions are going to eventually turn into real interceptions.

Even some of the ones that are NOT "almost" interceptions look pretty bad at times

He was 20/29 against Dallas. Seems pretty accurate to me. He made a couple of bad throws but name a QB who is perfect.

BroncoWave
10-05-2009, 10:32 AM
I think at this point 9-7 is a realistic expectation here if the defense can carry on. I haven't seen a Broncos defense this good in ages (1996?) and really enjoying watching it. Defense will win games and physically beating up your opponents will win.

Honestly I think 10-6 is pretty manageable. We should win the games we are supposed to (Oak, KC (x2), Was) hopefully split with SD and steal one game from NYG, Phi, Bal, Pit, or NE. That will put us at 10-6 and give us a good shot at the division or a WC.

TXBRONC
10-05-2009, 10:39 AM
Honestly I think 10-6 is pretty manageable. We should win the games we are supposed to (Oak, KC (x2), Was) hopefully split with SD and steal one game from NYG, Phi, Bal, Pit, or NE. That will put us at 10-6 and give us a good shot at the division or a WC.

In my opinion right now Pittsburgh and New England look the most vunerable. Oh and don't forget we also play the Colts.

Watchthemiddle
10-05-2009, 10:50 AM
I will take a physical, intimidating, attacking defense over a potent offense any day.

Great defense wins championships and takes you into January.

Like in baseball, great pitching beats great hitting, great defense beats great offense.

Denver is going to abuse the Patriots physically on Sunday and that's why they'll win. Watch.

BINGO!!!

Our offense was high powered last year and moved the ball up and down the field at will but couldn't score. Not too mention, had very untimely turnovers in the redzone.

This year, proficient to say the least....can anyone tell me the QB rating of someone who goes 20-29 for 243 yards and two TD's and NO INT's?
TIA

THis bagging on Orton with his "almost" int stuff is getting old. He can have as many "almost" ints as he wants if he still have a big fat 0 in the int collum.

Does anyone have the stat handy of the Broncos record of consecutive pass attempts without and INT? I know Plummer holds it, am just wondering how close Orton is to it.
TIA

Broncos offense ranks 9th in the NFL averaging 350ypg. Defense second in the league in total yards, first in the league in PPG at 6.5. Thats an astonishing stat.

Bronco Warrior
10-05-2009, 11:01 AM
To quote Dawkins last night after the game "We play hard every snap till the end of the game.. that's who we are..Get used to it!" That attitude alone gets us atleast to 10-6 (My prediction after Scheduale came out)..now I think that might be too low. I predicted at the start of the offseason Chargers would be 6-10 and not a threat! that looks right!

Lonestar
10-05-2009, 11:23 AM
He was 20/29 against Dallas. Seems pretty accurate to me. He made a couple of bad throws but name a QB who is perfect.

IIRC he was 18-20 in the second half. Which meant 2-9 in the first half.

This team is still learning to trust in themselves and their fellow team mates.

We have had MASSIVE changes in players, scheme, attitude and coaches.

The team was tentative in the first half. Then they realized they were playing toe to toe with a BIGGIE team.

Now either the cowgirls are totally overhyped or (I believe) we are a work in progress and we will gain confidence with each game.

Please remember that this O is almost totally rebuilt except the oline and wr it is new folks LEARNING a new scheme.

The QB is new and has not had the time to get the timing down with his recievers and it showed in the first half.

But then having all those penalties did not allow them to get any rythm either.

We have to remember that Josh learned the diagonsing the upcoming teams weaknesses from billy. You know that billy is doing that as we speak and as much as I think KO will eventually. Become a damned fine QB he is not there yet.

The only ADVANTAGE thingy we have going for us this game is it is at 5280' staduim with its thin air.

All the hype about owning billy and the Pats is gone with mikes departure.

As we speak I see a loss this week unless we play a perfect game. And I'm not sure we have the confidence to do that YET. I'd feel better about winning if this game was later in the year.

Sent via Blackberry by altell.

CoachChaz
10-05-2009, 11:27 AM

The one that sticks out the most is the seam route that Gaffney ran early. Wide open and an accurate pass is a definite TD. Orton threw it 5 yards too far to the left. Then completely missed Sheff on a wide open route.

It's just the opportunities that he isnt taking advantage of. I want to see him hit the wide open routes as well as the well covered routes that require a perfect pass. (TD to Marshall/TD to moreno)

CoachChaz
10-05-2009, 11:28 AM
To put it in perspective...NE is nowhere in this game against Baltiomore if not for the refs and NFL calling petty roughing the passer penalties...that both lead to TD's. Mark Clayton didnt help much either

Dreadnought
10-05-2009, 11:31 AM
The one that sticks out the most is the seam route that Gaffney ran early. Wide open and an accurate pass is a definite TD. Orton threw it 5 yards too far to the left. Then completely missed Sheff on a wide open route.

It's just the opportunities that he isnt taking advantage of. I want to see him hit the wide open routes as well as the well covered routes that require a perfect pass. (TD to Marshall/TD to moreno)

Agreed - our entire receiving corps brought their "A" game yesterday too - snagging some throws that were much less than perfect. Thats less criticism of Orton than a recognition of what our receivers did for him

shank
10-05-2009, 11:40 AM
i think people are being a little hyper-critical of orton. sure, i called him a jackass when he missed gaffney, but it's the nature of quarterbacking.

every quarterback in the league misses throws. it's not a kyle orton phenomenon. it sucks, but get used to it and look at his body of work to this point. he's playing extremely well.

plus, it's going to get better as they keep playing together. i'd put the odds very high that orton missed gaffney because he thought he would run the post a wee bit flatter than he did (instead of it just being a bad throw). stuff like that will correct itself with familiarity.

TXBRONC
10-05-2009, 11:44 AM
i think people are being a little hyper-critical of orton. sure, i called him a jackass when he missed gaffney, but it's the nature of quarterbacking.

every quarterback in the league misses throws. it's not a kyle orton phenomenon. it sucks, but get used to it and look at his body of work to this point. he's playing extremely well.

I'm still not completely sold on Orton but most of the mistakes yesterday were not because of his throwing they had mostly to do with mental errors.

Bronco Warrior
10-05-2009, 11:47 AM
The only ADVANTAGE thingy we have going for us this game is it is at 5280' staduim with its thin air.

All the hype about owning billy and the Pats is gone with mikes departure.

Denver has owned the Pats overall it's not even close, and Shannay owned them and Brady! History is relevant, and so is the fact that Josh knows them but they don't know us!! And that defense is beat up..proof: they just signed Seau again..whose next..Roidney Harrison?. Josh went against that Defense EVERY DAY OFF HIS CAREER! He will own Belicheck more than shanny did..write it down!

TXBRONC
10-05-2009, 12:06 PM
Denver has owned the Pats overall it's not even close, and Shannay owned them and Brady! History is relevant, and so is the fact that Josh knows them but they don't know us!! And that defense is beat up..proof: they just signed Seau again..whose next..Roidney Harrison?. Josh went against that Defense EVERY DAY OFF HIS CAREER! He will own Belicheck more than shanny did..write it down!

Regardless of how beat up the Patriots are on defense they still beat the Ravens who are pretty good.

That remains to be seen if McDaniels is going to own Belicheck. This isn't side affair. Belicheck knows McDaniels as well as McDaniels knows Belicheck. I think game comes down to who executes their game plan better.

Overtime
10-05-2009, 12:07 PM
http://www.patriotsarchive.com/vsdenv.htm

Pats are 2-8 vs the Broncos in Denver in the last 10 meetings, and 8-15 overall when playing in Denver.

Broncos hold an overall 24-16 advantage in head to head meetings (includes regular season and the post season).

Defense is playing outstanding, offense needs to step it up, but I think we edge out a win with a little of our newly re-discovered Mile High Magic. :salute:

Broncos 21
Patriots 17

D1g1tal j1m
10-05-2009, 12:10 PM
I think were were overly aggressive on Offense in the first half of the Cowboys game. We went for a few long bombs against the less than stellar DB's of Dallas and missed (due to the inaccuracy of Orton's long ball). But I like the fact that we took shots down the field to open the game. After that failed, we went back to running the ball and the short-intermediate passing game and got back into the game.
Our D has stopped the running game of the 4 teams we have faced so far and made the opposing Offensives beat us with the pass. This has played into the strength of our D this year, as we have been able to get pressure on the QB and our DB's have been breaking up passes to the WR. Our D has been allowing the swing passes to the RB's and not allowing the deep passes to beat us. Let's hope this continues against NE.
Another tight contest coming up but I think our D is up to the task.

Bronco Warrior
10-05-2009, 12:27 PM
I wonder if Brady will be wearing the skirt for our game too..to quote Rodney Harrison. The BRADY RULE goes double for Brady and he will be crying to the refs like he did against the Ravens. Think he will get the same preferal treatment against us? It is called the Brady rule you know!

Moss and Welker gimpy and that sad line and Iour defense will eat him for lunch!

ORton is starting to figure out what I have been saying for months..Trust your guys and fire that thing in there! Marshall and Moreno helped teach him that!

ikillz0mbies
10-05-2009, 02:35 PM
I think this should be the game where Royal finally gets some decent touches. Pats should be focused on Marshall this game leaving Royal to get some catches in the middle. Hopefully Stokley will be ready for this game. And also hoping that Orton gets back on track this game. He was off against the Cowboys and the throws he made could have led to at least 4 INT's.

TXBRONC
10-05-2009, 03:04 PM
I think this should be the game where Royal finally gets some decent touches. Pats should be focused on Marshall this game leaving Royal to get some catches in the middle. Hopefully Stokley will be ready for this game. And also hoping that Orton gets back on track this game. He was off against the Cowboys and the throws he made could have led to at least 4 INT's.

I thought overall this was Orton's best game. He did have some bad passes but like one to Moreno that went for a touchdown.

D1g1tal j1m
10-05-2009, 03:42 PM
Orton is very, very effective on the short to intermediate routes but again his accuracy on the long balls is bad. He had Gaffney and Marshall for sure TDs but missed badly after the WRs beat the coverage cleanly.
I don't know if the glove effected his throws but it's in his scouting reports that he struggles with the deep balls before he even put on the glove.
It will be a lot of running with Moreno and hopefully Bucky. And Marshall should get open against the Pats secondary, lets hope Orton can get him the ball and he can get his YAC.

capetide
10-05-2009, 07:23 PM
I wonder if Brady will be wearing the skirt for our game too..to quote Rodney Harrison. The BRADY RULE goes double for Brady and he will be crying to the refs like he did against the Ravens. Think he will get the same preferal treatment against us? It is called the Brady rule you know!

Moss and Welker gimpy and that sad line and Iour defense will eat him for lunch!

ORton is starting to figure out what I have been saying for months..Trust your guys and fire that thing in there! Marshall and Moreno helped teach him that!

Brady has 3 SB rings and the first or second highest winning percentage for QB's in NFL history and you are questioning his courage?

Bronco Warrior
10-05-2009, 07:37 PM
Tom Brady admitted that they had researched the Ref team calling the game and that they called things tighter and that he lobbied the ref for the call even though neither hit was even slight in nature. Way to coach em up Belicheat! Continuing the Pats way of "Doesn't matter how low you stoop as long as you win!" Lots of class there New England! Also Brady is planning to have his bodyguards shoot at Doom just before the game!!

Bronco Warrior
10-05-2009, 07:51 PM
Brady has 3 SB rings and the first or second highest winning percentage for QB's in NFL history and you are questioning his courage?

In a word... YES!!! Brady is the product of cheating and dirty scheming. What has he done since he hasn't had the stolen defensive calls in his ear and the league found out he crumbles like a scared schoolgirl if you put the rush in his face?

Shazam!
10-05-2009, 08:11 PM
When NE plays physical teams they have all sorts of problems.

I see the type of game that we've seen all year thus far.

Physical teams win games. Period.

...and I don't see NE's defense giving Denver major problems.

I still say and will eat it if I'm wrong, not only will our Broncos win this game but they'll hold Brady and Co. to 14 or less.

gobroncsnv
10-05-2009, 11:21 PM
Orton is very, very effective on the short to intermediate routes but again his accuracy on the long balls is bad.

Elway was Denver's last good long-ball thrower. I only recall one in-stride pass to Javon Walker that was thrown by Cutler, never saw that again. All of the rest the receivers had to wait on, adjust their route, etc...

Don't know what it is about us and the long passes. Brandstater seems to have the best feel for it now.

But here again, wanting to see Kyle play once the glove comes off. He was nothing to write home about yesterday. Wierdly enough though, he was well over 50% yesterday on completions (20-29). Sure didn't seem like it during the game.

Lonestar
10-05-2009, 11:33 PM
Elway was Denver's last good long-ball thrower. I only recall one in-stride pass to Javon Walker that was thrown by Cutler, never saw that again. All of the rest the receivers had to wait on, adjust their route, etc...

Don't know what it is about us and the long passes. Brandstater seems to have the best feel for it now.

But here again, wanting to see Kyle play once the glove comes off. He was nothing to write home about yesterday. Wierdly enough though, he was well over 50% yesterday on completions (20-29). Sure didn't seem like it during the game.

18-20 in the second half.. yep "nothing to write home about "

Shazam!
10-05-2009, 11:37 PM
The Broncos offensively get better as the games wear on this year. Says a lot about their OLine.

Lonestar
10-05-2009, 11:46 PM
The Broncos offensively get better as the games wear on this year. Says a lot about their OLine.

when Josh came to town he said we would get bigger and stronger and it looks like it is bearing fruit..

it is just taking time for them to realize the can play with anyone..

soon they will be taking it to them in the first quarter instead of mid second quarters..

remember this was not a very good team last year in spite of the inflated numbers.. they were a couple of ref calls from being 6-10..

capetide
10-06-2009, 06:51 AM
In a word... YES!!! Brady is the product of cheating and dirty scheming. What has he done since he hasn't had the stolen defensive calls in his ear and the league found out he crumbles like a scared schoolgirl if you put the rush in his face?

He's like 24-2 since 2007, including wins against the Ravens twice, Giants, Colts, Chargers. etc. Must not have crumbled too much. You sit there on a keyboard and talk about courage?

BTW Your coach must be a cheater too.

TXBRONC
10-06-2009, 09:17 AM
He's like 24-2 since 2007, including wins against the Ravens twice, Giants, Colts, Chargers. etc. Must not have crumbled too much. You sit there on a keyboard and talk about courage?

BTW Your coach must be a cheater too.

Welcome to the board. :welcome:

Yeah Brady's been good and hopefully Denver can make him 24-3 since 2007.

If Denver's offense can keep Brady on the sideline and not blow scoring opportunities I think they can beat the Patriots.

Bronco Warrior
10-06-2009, 11:41 AM
The Dallas fans for the most part had class when they came on here, Pats fans won't shall the same qualities!

Bronco Warrior
10-06-2009, 12:52 PM
No I never played in the NFL..but I put in more time on the field including indoor Very Very Semi pro with the Utah Catzz and the Stallionz than you have..so I guess that give me the right to say something about the game. I played a playoff game with a broken nose, a sprained ankle and a torn quad. Brady is openly pandering for calls to the refs and gloating about the "Brady Rule" calls he gets. That's punkass if you ask me! Be proud of him if you want shows your stripes! :throwrock:

T.K.O.
10-06-2009, 12:57 PM
no way brady gets the kind of time to throw that he likes this week . he is gonna be runnin' for his life.
that being said it will be a close game and i think in the end broncos:defense:
proves to the world that...."THE ORANGE CRUSH" is back!:salute:

Traveler
10-06-2009, 01:21 PM
Guess what? We're on the cover of Sports Illustrated.

Tempus Fugit
10-06-2009, 04:50 PM
Tom Brady admitted that they had researched the Ref team calling the game and that they called things tighter and that he lobbied the ref for the call even though neither hit was even slight in nature. Way to coach em up Belicheat! Continuing the Pats way of "Doesn't matter how low you stoop as long as you win!" Lots of class there New England! Also Brady is planning to have his bodyguards shoot at Doom just before the game!!

Wow...

I've got some news for you. Both teams had a 'light' roughing the passer/blow to the head call made. Ngata and Wright got them called. As for the call on Suggs, Suggs clearly went for, and got, the knee. It's the new rule, so pulling the "Belicheat" stupidity is weak sauce.

Tempus Fugit
10-06-2009, 04:51 PM
No I never played in the NFL..but I put in more time on the field including indoor Very Very Semi pro with the Utah Catzz and the Stallionz than you have..so I guess that give me the right to say something about the game. I played a playoff game with a broken nose, a sprained ankle and a torn quad. Brady is openly pandering for calls to the refs and gloating about the "Brady Rule" calls he gets. That's punkass if you ask me! Be proud of him if you want shows your stripes! :throwrock:

Players "openly pander" for calls all the time.

Nomad
10-06-2009, 04:53 PM
Here's some good info I found at BM!!

BRONCOS HOST PATRIOTS IN BATTLE OF TWO ORIGINAL AFL FRANCHISES

The Denver Broncos (4-0) and Boston Patriots (3-1), who played each other in the first regular-season game in American Football League history 50 years ago, take to the field on Sunday at INVESCO Field at Mile High. Kickoff is set for 2:15 p.m. MDT.

QUICKLY:

The Broncos, who are 4-0 for the first time in six seasons, will wear the uniform designs worn by the club in its 1960 inaugural season (brown helmet, mustard-colored jersey, brown pants and vertically striped socks).
Head Coach Josh McDaniels was part of three Super Bowl wins as an assistant with the Patriots from 2001-08. During his three years as offensive coordinator (2006-08), the Patriots scored an NFL-best 1,384 points.
The Broncos own the NFL’s top record against the Patriots since 2001 with a 5-2 mark and are a league-best 16-4 (.800) versus the club in the Pat Bowlen era (since 1984).
OFFENSE:

QB Kyle Orton is 17-2 (.895) at home as a starter for his NFL career for the best winning percentage by a QB since the 1970 merger (min. 15 starts). He is the only starting QB in the NFL to not throw an interception this year and owns five touchdown passes along with a 97.7 passer rating.
WR Brandon Marshall gained 33 yards after the catch on his 51-yard game-winning touchdown reception last week against Dallas. Since 2007, he ranks second among NFL WRs in yards after the catch (1,068).
DEFENSE:

Coached by long-time NFL defensive coordinator Mike Nolan, the Broncos have tied for the fifth-fewest points allowed (26) by an NFL team through its first four games of a season since the 1970 merger.
Denver leads the league in several other defensive categories, including yards per play (4.0), touchdowns allowed (2) and fewest 10-yard plays (33).
OLB/DE Elvis Dumervil, who is tied for first in the NFL with eight sacks, has recorded multiple sacks in each of Denver’s last three games.
SPECIAL TEAMS:

The Broncos lead the AFC and rank second in the NFL in average opponent drive start after kickoffs (21.0-yard line).
K Matt Prater was named AFC Special Teams Player of the Month for September, becoming the first Denver kicker to win the award since 2001.
TELEVISION AND RADIO INFORMATION
TELEVISION: KCNC-TV (CBS 4): Jim Nantz (play-by-play) and Phil Simms (color commentary) will call the game. LOCAL RADIO: KOA RADIO (850 AM): Dave Logan (play-by-play) and Ed McCaffrey (color commentary) will call the game with Andy Lindahl reporting from the sidelines.LOCAL SPANISH RADIO: KBNO RADIO (1280 AM): Fernando Sergio (play-by-play) and Yuri Vasquez (color commentary) will call the game. NATIONAL RADIO: Westwood One Radio Sports: Kevin Kugler (play-by-play) and Mark Malone (color commentary) will call the game.

BRONCOS VS. PATRIOTS— POINTS OF INTEREST
The Broncos are one of eight original American Football League teams celebrating their 50th season in 2009... Denver’s 407 overall wins are second among all original AFL teams and rank seventh among all clubs since 1960... The Broncos will wear their original 1960s uniforms on Sunday against the Patriots, whom they defeated 13-10 in Boston on Sept. 9, 1960, in the first regular-season game in AFL history... Josh McDaniels was named the 12th head coach in Broncos history on Jan. 12 after spending the last eight years with New England, including the previous three seasons as its offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach... He is one of six rookie head coaches to go 4-0 since 2000... McDaniels has joined Red Miller (1977 / 6-0) as one of two coaches in Broncos history to start their career with the team 4-0... The Broncos are one of five undefeated teams in the NFL and join the Colts as the lone AFC squads with a 4-0 record... Denver is 4-0 for the first time since 2003 and the sixth time in club history... The Broncos’ +7 turnover ratio (10 takeaways, 3 giveaways) leads the AFC and ties for the NFL lead... Denver’s 46-20 (.697) record at INVESCO Field at Mile High ranks fifth in the NFL since the stadium opened in 2001... Since 2001, when New England began its run of three Super Bowls in four years, the Broncos own the NFL’s best record versus the Patriots (5-2, incl. 1-0 postseason)—Denver is the only NFL team with a winning record against New England during that time... The Broncos are 24-16 all-time against the Patriots and are an NFL-best 16-4 (.800) against New England during the Pat Bowlen era (since 1984)... QB Kyle Orton owns the best career home record (17-2 / .895) of any starting quarterback since the 1970 merger—He is 7-1 in his last eight overall starts for the second-best mark in the league during that time (Peyton Manning, Ind., 8-0)... Orton, who is the only starting QB in the NFL to not throw an interception this year and owns the league’s longest current streak of passes without an INT (156), in 2009 became the second QB since 1960 to throw at least 1 TD and no INTs in his first four starts with a team... WR Brandon Marshall, who hauled in a game-winning 51-yard touchdown reception with 1:46 to play last week against Dallas, ranks third in the NFL in receptions (222) and fourth in the league in receiving yards (2,809) since 2007—He is looking to become the third player in NFL history to post three consecutive 100-catch seasons... WR Eddie Royal in 2008 totaled the second-most receptions (91) by a rookie in NFL history and is one catch away from his 100th career grab... According to Stats Inc., LT Ryan Clady owns the NFL’s longest active streak (all 20 career games) of not allowing a full sack among starting tackles—That is the longest streak to begin a career since at least 1994 (when Stats Inc. began tracking sacks allowed)... C Casey Wiegmann, a Pro Bowl selection last year, has started 131 consecutive games for the second-longest active start streak in the NFL among OLs (longest among centers)... Led by RBs Correll Buckhalter and Knowshon Moreno, the Broncos rank fourth in the NFL in rushing yards per game (148.0)... Mike Nolan was hired by Denver as its defensive coordinator in the offseason after spending the last four years as San Francisco’s head coach... In his 11 years as an NFL defensive coordinator, Nolan’s defenses have averaged 32.3 takeaways a season and posted seven top-10 NFL rankings in turnovers—This year, Denver leads the AFC with 10 takeaways that tie for second in the NFL... The Broncos have allowed an NFL-low 26 points this year to tie for the fifth-fewest points given up by a team in its first four games since the 1970 merger... Denver leads the NFL in yards per play allowed (4.0) and first downs per game allowed (14.0) while placing second in the league in yards per game allowed (239.8)... The Broncos’ red zone defense is tied for second in the league (28.6%)... OLB/DE Elvis Dumervil has eight sacks in the last three weeks and is tied for first in the NFL in sacks (8)... Dumervil’s five sacks on third downs lead the league... S Brian Dawkins owns 56 takeaways for his NFL career (regular season and playoffs)... Dawkins has the fourth-most Pro Bowls (7) at safety in NFL history and joins CB Champ Bailey in Denver’s secondary—Bailey is tied for the second-most Pro Bowls (8) at cornerback in league annals... ILBs Andra Davis and D.J. Williams are tied for the team lead with 31 tackles... Special Teams Coordinator Mike Priefer has coached units in the NFL that have totaled 14 blocked kicks and seven return touchdowns in seven seasons as a special teams coach... The Broncos lead the AFC in opponent drive start after kickoffs (21.0-yard line)... ILB Mario Haggan and RB Peyton Hillis share the team lead with four special-teams tackles... K Matt Prater was named AFC Special Teams Player of the Month for September... P Brett Kern ranks sixth in the league in gross punting average (46.6 yds.) since entering the league in 2008.

ORTON IN OCTOBER
During his five-year NFL career, Broncos quarterback Kyle Orton has proven to be one of the league’s best passers in October. Among active players, he owns the best touchdown-to-interception ratio (12-to-1) and the sixth-best passer rating (97.7) in the league in October.

BAILEY INTERCEPTION TOTAL RISING
Since entering the NFL with the Redskins as the seventh overall pick in the 1999 NFL Draft, Broncos cornerback Champ Bailey is tied for second in the NFL with 44 interceptions. He also is tied for the league lead with 161 pass breakups since 1999.

NOTES FROM DENVER’S LAST FIVE GAMES VS. NEW ENGLAND

at NEW ENGLAND 41, DENVER 7 (Oct. 20, 2008)
Broncos rookie WR Eddie Royal ties his own club single-game rookie record for the third time with nine receptions (71 yds., 7.9 avg.)… Denver's six sacks are the most in a game since posting six sacks at San Diego on 12/31/05.

DENVER 17, at NEW ENGLAND 7 (Sept. 24, 2006)
The Broncos become the first team since 1942 to not allow a touchdown in 11 consecutive quarters to start the season after not surrendering a touchdown through 175 minutes and 57 seconds… Denver’s streak without allowing a touchdown ends when Patriots QB Tom Brady connected with WR Doug Gabriel for an 8-yard touchdown pass with 9:13 to play.

at DENVER 27, NEW ENGLAND 13 (Jan. 14, 2006 - AFC Div.)
Denver scores 35 points in the first half, marking the fourth-highest half total in franchise history… Denver RB Terrell Davis scores on consecutive runs of 63 and 59 yards in the first quarter.

DENVER 28, at NEW ENGLAND 20 (Oct. 16, 2005)
The Broncos outscore the two-time defending Super Bowl champions 21-0 in the second quarter… Denver ties an NFL record and extends a club mark after not losing a turnover in four consecutive games.

NEW ENGLAND 30, at DENVER 26 (Nov. 3, 2003)
The Broncos take a 24-20 lead into the fourth quarter but are outscored 10-2 (safety) in the final period on Monday Night Football… Broncos CB Deltha O'Neal returns a third-quarter punt 57 yards for a touchdown.

BRONCOS/PATRIOTS CONNECTIONS

Former Broncos: NE Head Coach Bill Belichick (1978)... NE Special Teams Coach Scott O’Brien (2007-08)... Former Patriots: DEN Head Coach Josh McDaniels (2001-08)... DEN WR Jabar Gaffney (2006-08)... DEN TE Daniel Graham (2002-06)... DEN OL Russ Hochstein (2002-08)... DEN LS Lonie Paxton (2000-08)... DEN DL Le Kevin Smith (2006-08)... DEN RB LaMont Jordan (2008)... DEN T Brandon Gorin (2003-05)... From Denver Area: NE CB Terrence Wheatley: Colorado (2003-07)... From Boston Area: DEN DL Chris Baker (Windsor, Conn.): Windsor High School... College Connections: DEN LBs Coach Don Martindale/NE DC Dean Pees: Notre Dame (1994)... DEN Coaching Assistant Ben McDaniels/Pees: Kent State (1999-2001)... DEN DL Coach Wayne Nunnely/S. O’Brien: Nevada-Las Vegas (1983-85)... DEN T Ryan Harris/NE TE Shane Waldron: Notre Dame (2005-06)... DEN OLB/DE Robert Ayers/NE LB Jerod Mayo: Tennessee (2004-07)... S Renaldo Hill/ Pees: Michigan State (1997)... Gorin/NE T Matt Light: Purdue (1997-2000)... Pro Connections: DEN OC Mike McCoy: S. O’Brien (CAR 2000-04)... DEN DC Mike Nolan: NE LB Tully Banta-Cain (SF 2007-08); NE LB Adalius Thomas (BAL 2001-04)... DEN QB Chris Simms: NE WR Joey Galloway (TB 2004-07).

Bronco Warrior
10-06-2009, 06:27 PM
The last time Brady faced the Broncos champ picked off a Pass in our own endzone and ran it back 98 yards..Watson caught him on the 2 yard line! lol! Please Brady..throw his way again!! Believe the rumors that Champ is over the hill! Please!

Bronco Warrior
10-06-2009, 06:31 PM
Wow...

I've got some news for you. Both teams had a 'light' roughing the passer/blow to the head call made. Ngata and Wright got them called. As for the call on Suggs, Suggs clearly went for, and got, the knee. It's the new rule, so pulling the "Belicheat" stupidity is weak sauce.

I'm not sure what planet you saw the game from but even Brady admitted on a radio program that he never got him and also admitted he lobbied for the call "Because they had researched it and knew they probabbly would get that ref team to call it! It was out of Brady's own mouth and no one "Expert" agrees with you!

Bronco Warrior
10-06-2009, 06:37 PM
Nomad ..your stats left out the beatdown they got in the Divisional playoffs in '05 by the Broncos!!

Foley11
10-06-2009, 06:42 PM
I'm not sure what planet you saw the game from but even Brady admitted on a radio program that he never got him and also admitted he lobbied for the call "Because they had researched it and knew they probabbly would get that ref team to call it! It was out of Brady's own mouth and no one "Expert" agrees with you!

You got a link to that?

Which "experts" are you referring to?

Plenty of people dont like the new roughing the passer rules but you have to play within the rules of the game. Hell, I thought the Suggs play would have been a good no call. You are so high moraled that you are turning down penalties when the ref is calling them. You are quite a saint.

Nomad
10-06-2009, 06:51 PM
Nomad ..your stats left out the beatdown they got in the Divisional playoffs in '05 by the Broncos!!

:noidea: got this at denverbroncos.com

Bronco Warrior
10-06-2009, 07:05 PM
Players "openly pander" for calls all the time.

Yeah but they don't actually have the Rule named after them that has put some QBs in skirts and High heels!

And it shoulda been a no call foley, you're right because there was no contact just a usual drama scene from Brady! And he admitted it; it was replayed on ESPN all morning including Mike and Mike in the Morning!

Tempus Fugit
10-06-2009, 07:09 PM

I saw the game from this planet. The announcers didn't have an issue with the call and I can't find any record of Brady stating what you claim he stated. Here's what he stated:

Brady did say this morning that the "rules are in place for everyone's benefit" and cited regulations on chop blocking and open-field hits in the secondary, but he did concede that on the Suggs' penalty in the second quarter, "Was it a bad hit? No way. He barely touched me. But they were calling it tight. That crew usually calls it tight."

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/The_Trenches/entry/view/37728/tom_brady_responds_to_upset_ravens

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnmGSMccDuU&feature=player_embedded#

On the Terrell Suggs penalty and how the Patriots anticipated a flag-filled game: "There are rules that are in place, not only for quarterbacks, but on defenseless receivers, or punters or kickers or chop blocks on defenders, that are for everyone's benefit. I know the quarterbacks are the ones that are singled out. You're in a defenseless position, you're standing there in the pocket and there are a lot of guys around you. It goes for the receivers too. They're defenseless at times, they're looking at the ball and some guy comes and cleans their clock. They're trying to eliminate some of that stuff. Did I think it was malicious? Certainly not. Was it a bad hit? No way. He barely even touched me. The refs were calling it pretty tight yesterday. That crew has been known to call it tight. Coach Belichick told us before the game [that crew] called the most penalties in 2007, they had called the most penalties in 2008, and they were on pace for second this season. So we knew they were calling it tight."

http://espn.go.com/boston/columns/blog?name=reiss&page=2

Tempus Fugit
10-06-2009, 07:12 PM
Yeah but they don't actually have the Rule named after them that has put some QBs in skirts and High heels!

And it shoulda been a no call foley, you're right because there was no contact just a usual drama scene from Brady! And he admitted it; it was replayed on ESPN all morning including Mike and Mike in the Morning!

Ok, this is just ignorant. The "Brady rule" is the result of devastating injuries to 2 of the league's best quarterbacks, in Carson Palmer and Tom Brady. It's "named" after Brady because his was the later injury and the one that convinced the league to make the change. Using the name of the rule as some justification to bash Brady or the Patriots as if that makes it different when Brady 'panders' for a call is just ridiculous.

Also, again, there was contact.

Also, here's from Ravens Insider:

2) Roughing the passer penalties on Haloti Ngata and Terrell Suggs. The Ravens should have no complaint with the penalties. They were valid by the rules: no hitting a quarterback's head, no hitting his knees. Ngata's left hand struck Tom Brady's helmet; whether through force or good acting, Brady went to the ground and had to adjust his helmet. Suggs hit Brady's knee on a pass in the second quarter and that's a no-no this year. Both penalties helped set up Patriots' touchdowns.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2009/10/

Bronco Warrior
10-06-2009, 07:18 PM
Sorry I didn't write it down for you bud..it was on Mike and mike in the morning on ESPN played the radio audio and said what radio show but missed it. Didn't know that Pats fans would have gotten up early enough to hear it or don't actually have TV. but he said they had researched the ref team and knew they could get the calls, and then said yeah suggs barely even scrapped him and he knew it wasn't intentional, but he took a shot and got the call! Brady admitted he has a skirt on..and will get the call named after him!

Bronco Warrior
10-06-2009, 07:20 PM
Regardless that is the past...Brady on his side in the fetal position after the first time he meets up will a good hit from Dumervil or Dawkins is his future!

Dreadnought
10-06-2009, 07:21 PM
I'm going to say - again - this is the General football section and not the Smack forum. Trash talking and stuff like that is fine in the Smack forum; not here

Carry on...

Foley11
10-06-2009, 07:24 PM
I'm going to say - again - this is the General football section and not the Smack forum. Trash talking and stuff like that is fine in the Smack forum; not here

Carry on...

Somebodys going to get whistled for a 15 yard unsportsmanlke and get this thread thrown into the Smack forum....lol.

I've seen it before.

Tempus Fugit
10-06-2009, 07:27 PM

Carry on...

I wasn't talking smack, good sir. I just hate it when people post false information when a modicum of research can pull up the real stuff.

Day1BroncoFan
10-06-2009, 07:27 PM
Unlike the Broncos defense that will in fact contain the patsies there are a few members that cannot contain themselves. :D

capetide
10-06-2009, 07:36 PM
Sorry I didn't write it down for you bud..it was on Mike and mike in the morning on ESPN played the radio audio and said what radio show but missed it. Didn't know that Pats fans would have gotten up early enough to hear it or don't actually have TV. but he said they had researched the ref team and knew they could get the calls, and then said yeah suggs barely even scrapped him and he knew it wasn't intentional, but he took a shot and got the call! Brady admitted he has a skirt on..and will get the call named after him!

Ok. See if you can understand this. BB informed the team during the week before the game that the particular crew officiating the game had the highest number of penalties called per game for the past couple of years and to expect to have a game called tightly. That's good coaching. No mention of roughing the passer. No "scheming" No plotting. You took inaccurate/incomplete info from a half-remembered radio program, made ridiculous assumptions, and then came to stupid conclusions about a "scheme" and "cheating".

Foley11
10-06-2009, 07:43 PM
On a serious note, are any Bronco fans concerned that this might be your first real test of the season?

I know that you have to play the teams on your schedule but you guys have played some poor teams. Yes, I feel Dallas is a weak team this year. Cincy is the best team you played and that was week 1 when anything can happen.

Not talking smack, just seeing if anyone is feeling like this is the week to really see what you are made of?

Day1BroncoFan
10-06-2009, 07:47 PM
I feel it. I don't think this is going to be an easy win but I think all things being equal we have a great chance to win.

If our defense keeps doing what they've been doing and the offense can get it together or at least not make any big mistakes we stand a good chance.

Dreadnought
10-06-2009, 07:48 PM
On a serious note, are any Bronco fans concerned that this might be your first real test of the season?

I know that you have to play the teams on your schedule but you guys have played some poor teams. Yes, I feel Dallas is a weak team this year. Cincy is the best team you played and that was week 1 when anything can happen.

Not talking smack, just seeing if anyone is feeling like this is the week to really see what you are made of?

Me - I have more confidence than I did a few weeks ago, and if Orton can play more like the second half of the Cowboys game right from the start we have a good shot at beating the Pats. I'm not scared of Maroney et al. - because we've stopped better - but Brady flat terrifies me if/when he returns more to 07 form. He ought to terrify anybody with a lick of sense. He's beatable, and sackable, but this is not JaMarcus Russell or Brady Quinn - or even Tony Romo we're talking about here

Foley11
10-06-2009, 08:06 PM
Me - I have more confidence than I did a few weeks ago, and if Orton can play more like the second half of the Cowboys game right from the start we have a good shot at beating the Pats. I'm not scared of Maroney et al. - because we;'ve stopped better - but Brady flat terrifies me if/when he returns more to 07 form. he ought to terrify anybody with a lick of sense. He's beatable, and sackable, but this is not JaMarcus Russell or Brady Quinn - or even Tony Romo we're talking about here

One thing I can say about Orton is, the guy seems to be a winner. Probably not the most gifted QB in a general sense but he seems to be a winner.

He got the job done inexplicably with the bears offense(the guy had no receivers). Now you put him with a solid defense and he is making things happen here in Denver. Difference here is he has weapons x10 those he had with the Bears. I was never a Cutler fan, I felt like he was a great stat QB but not a winner. I think in Orton you have the opposite.

Nomad
10-06-2009, 09:00 PM
I feel it. I don't think this is going to be an easy win but I think all things being equal we have a great chance to win.

If our defense keeps doing what they've been doing and the offense can get it together or at least not make any big mistakes we stand a good chance.

Brady and co are too good to keep scoreless or held under 20 in this game! I believe the defense plays well, but NE scores at least 20. It's up to the offense to keep up and put points on the board, eliminate the petty penalties, and the throws have to be on target & caught! If Buckhalter isn't in the game, I don't feel very confident with a Moreno/Jordan rotation! It'll be a chess match between the journeyman coach and his former apprentice...coaching will definitely be a factor!

T.K.O.
10-06-2009, 09:09 PM
orton has never lost in a bronco uniform.....easy win !:D
but seriously folks.....its definately going to be our toughest test yet,and i think brandon is gonna want to "match up" well and make a statement ,he proved last week that he is finally "on board" the good ship bronco.and i believe our d will give brady all he can handle(i cant believe i am able to say that with a straight face).
its gonna be a great game ....
broncos 27
pats 24

Foley11
10-06-2009, 09:21 PM
Brady and co are too good to keep scoreless or held under 20 in this game! I believe the defense plays well, but NE scores at least 20. It's up to the offense to keep up and put points on the board, eliminate the petty penalties, and the throws have to be on target & caught! If Buckhalter isn't in the game, I don't feel very confident with a Moreno/Jordan rotation! It'll be a chess match between the journeyman coach and his former apprentice...coaching will definitely be a factor!

I did not miss the "journeyman coach" missle. You left out the 3X champion journeyman coach.

I didn't feel like Josh was ready to move on yet when he left. If he wins this one it will go a long way to proving my instinct wrong.

Shazam!
10-06-2009, 10:04 PM
The Broncos got their first 'real test' last week.

Dallas is no worldbeaters but they're know slouch either.

They're also one of the much bigger and more physical teams in the League.

Dreadnought
10-06-2009, 10:36 PM
QUOTE=Shazam!;773625]The Broncos got their first 'real test' last week.

Dallas is no worldbeaters but they're know slouch either.

They're also one of the much bigger and more physical teams in the League.
True that but if there is a stupider, worse coached, more underacheiving team than Dallas I'm not sure who it is. Like em or hate em, the Pats are none of those things.

KCL
10-06-2009, 11:00 PM
True that but if there is a stupider, worse coached, more underacheiving team than Dallas I'm not sure who it is.

*cough* Chiefs *cough*

TXBRONC
10-06-2009, 11:06 PM
Me - I have more confidence than I did a few weeks ago, and if Orton can play more like the second half of the Cowboys game right from the start we have a good shot at beating the Pats. I'm not scared of Maroney et al. - because we;'ve stopped better - but Brady flat terrifies me if/when he returns more to 07 form. he ought to terrify anybody with a lick of sense. He's beatable, and sackable, but this is not JaMarcus Russell or Brady Quinn - or even Tony Romo we're talking about here

They also can't shoot themselves in the foot with penalties like they did the first have Sunday's game.

Rusty Shackleford
10-06-2009, 11:08 PM
*cough* Chiefs *cough*

I don't think they are underachieving...

KCL
10-06-2009, 11:09 PM

Well at this point...their not achieving squat.

Dreadnought
10-06-2009, 11:10 PM

Yeah, thats why I would tag the Cowboys for that honor. Honorable mention to the Chargers. Too much talent to lose as much as they do.

Lonestar
10-06-2009, 11:15 PM

maybe they need to squaw better..:salute:

KCL
10-06-2009, 11:16 PM
maybe they need to squaw better..:salute:

That may work...nothing else seems to help.

TXBRONC
10-06-2009, 11:16 PM
True that but if there is a stupider, worse coached, more underacheiving team than Dallas I'm not sure who it is. Like em or hate em, the Pats are none of those things.

I agree the Patriots are not an underachieving team, but they are beatable and I a lot of that has to do with fact they have really gotten old on defense.

Shazam!
10-07-2009, 12:18 AM
The Patriots defense is average to mediocre at best.

I see the game going the same way the NYJ beat them a few weeks ago.

Tempus Fugit
10-07-2009, 02:40 AM
I agree the Patriots are not an underachieving team, but they are beatable and I a lot of that has to do with fact they have really gotten old on defense.

You're way off with the "really gotten old on defense" notion, which isn't surprising, since the media's been making that claim for years. They've only got 2 starters that are over 30, Springs and Thomas, and Green is 30.

The Broncos are actually older on defense than the Patriots are, at least in the starting lineup, and likely overall (I'm not going to check the ages of all the backups and situational players to verify).

Dirk
10-07-2009, 05:35 AM

Yeah sorry about that!

By the way....Welcome back!! :D

Foley11
10-07-2009, 08:02 AM

You better check your facts again my man. Pats average age on defense is 27.

Ages listed are as of september 2009

RDE Jarvis Green (97) 30 years
DT Vince Wilfork (75) 27 years
LDE Ty Warren (94) 28 years
LB Gary Guyton() 23 years
LB Jerod Mayo (51) 22 years
LB Adalius Thomas (96) 32 years
LB Pierre Woods (58) 26 years
FS James Sanders (36) 24 years
CB Shawn Springs (29) 34 years
CB Liegh Bodden 27 years
S Brandon Meriweather (31) 25 years

Once again. You are living in the past if you think this is the same defense you have seen before.

KCL
10-07-2009, 09:40 AM
Yep old men Vrabel and Bruschi are gone..;)

TXBRONC
10-07-2009, 09:52 AM
You better check your facts again my man. Pats average age on defense is 27.

Ages listed are as of september 2009

RDE Jarvis Green (97) 30 years
DT Vince Wilfork (75) 27 years
LDE Ty Warren (94) 28 years
LB Gary Guyton() 23 years
LB Jerod Mayo (51) 22 years
LB Adalius Thomas (96) 32 years
LB Pierre Woods (58) 26 years
FS James Sanders (36) 24 years
CB Shawn Springs (29) 34 years
CB Liegh Bodden 27 years
S Brandon Meriweather (31) 25 years

Once again. You are living in the past if you think this is the same defense you have seen before.

No I'm living in the past I just some of information wrong.