PDA

View Full Version : Do we sign Chris Henry with bucky out..?

underrated29
10-04-2009, 10:32 PM
I am not a very big Chris Henry fan. He was the backup to mike bell at AZ. But he is a big back. 6'2 -225 or so. And he runs a 4.3. He was a 2nd rd pick by the titans.

They cut him.

I dont know who we would cut in order to make space for him........

But with bucky hurt, do you think we sign a RB to help Know and Jordan? Mcd says you need lots of RB. He def values the depth there. I dont know who the FA are, but Henry is one of the bigger ones.

So do you think we sign him assuming bucky is out for a few weeks. (hopefully not) or someone else. Or do we just use jordan, Knowshon and hillis more.

(dont say hillis more because thats what you want. Say it if you feel it, but i want unbiased opinions here, obviously we want buck back asap and want our boy hillis to romp people).

BroncoWave
10-04-2009, 10:34 PM
We SHOULD use Hillis more, which is the only gripe I really have with McDaniels. Has he forgotten that Hillis exists? It disappoints me to see him not being involved in the offense.

Timmy!
10-04-2009, 10:41 PM
We SHOULD use Hillis more, which is the only gripe I really have with McDaniels. Has he forgotten that Hillis exists? It disappoints me to see him not being involved in the offense.

Agreed. If I recall, the reason Hillis has been limited (despite a fumble, and 2 effing penalties on special teams) is that Larsen got hurt in game one, leaving Hillis as the only FB. Despite being 4-0 and smiling like an idiot I have banged my head against the wall on the 3rd and 4th (and goal) where we failed without Hillis touching the ball. Buck has been much more than expected, and I hope his injury is nothing serious, but this could be a blessing in disguise. Give the Hillis the rock damnit!

topscribe
10-04-2009, 10:45 PM
I am not a very big Chris Henry fan. He was the backup to mike bell at AZ. But he is a big back. 6'2 -225 or so. And he runs a 4.3. He was a 2nd rd pick by the titans.

They cut him.

But with bucky hurt, do you think we sign a RB to help Know and Jordan? Mcd says you need lots of RB. He def values the depth there. I dont know who the FA are, but Henry is one of the bigger ones.

So do you think we sign him assuming bucky is out for a few weeks. (hopefully not) or someone else. Or do we just use jordan, Knowshon and hillis more.

(dont say hillis more because thats what you want. Say it if you feel it, but i want unbiased opinions here, obviously we want buck back asap and want our boy hillis to romp people).

I would love to see them pick up Chris Henry, just to see what he could do in
this system. That is, however, after I looked at Torain to see whether he is
healthy yet . . . mainly because Torain would not have the learning curve.

Also, I still remember what Tater did toward the end of last year, if you get
my drift . . .

-----

smith49
10-04-2009, 10:45 PM

copy that brotha, i was just bitchen about that in another thread. hillis is the man in short yardage situations, he has proven he can get those tough yards time and time again. i wish mcd would use him more as a pass catcher out of the backfield also.

camdisco24
10-04-2009, 10:46 PM
No, I say we utilize what we have... aka PUT HILLIS IN!
If Buck is out for an extended period of time, they should consider it. But if not, I say play on with Hillis.

Timmy!
10-04-2009, 10:48 PM
Did anybody sign Darius Walker? If Buck is out for an extended time he's worth bringing back.

GEM
10-04-2009, 10:51 PM
Walker is on our PS.

Bronco Warrior
10-04-2009, 10:54 PM
Walker is on our Scout team last I checked but there is a good guy out there in the wind that knows the system...I think his name is Torain...Ryan torain...lol! He's been healthy for a bit!

topscribe
10-04-2009, 10:58 PM
Crap, I forgot about Walker. He was pretty good in the preseason, wasn't he?

-----

Timmy!
10-04-2009, 11:00 PM
Walker is on our Scout team last I checked but there is a good guy out there in the wind that knows the system...I think his name is Torain...Ryan torain...lol! He's been healthy for a bit!

Um, no. Walker knows the "new" system better. Or better yet Larsen is healthy and will play FB allowing us to use Hillis in ace sets when Moreno needs 2 catch his breath. Please?

Bronco Warrior
10-04-2009, 11:00 PM
Torain was in Dolphins camp Tuesday for a physical and a 'look-see'. Dolphins don't have any injured RBs but Torain could be on PS. We should grab him back

Bronco Warrior
10-04-2009, 11:02 PM
Jordan is Dead Weight...and Torain is a bruiser..when he is healthy and knows the system as well as anybody but Walker we could get.

Timmy!
10-04-2009, 11:05 PM
Jordan is Dead Weight...and Torain is a bruiser..when he is healthy and knows the system as well as anybody but Walker we could get.

True, but Jordan knows the system. No way in hell he gets cut this year. Like it or not, Jordan isn't going anywhere this season.

GEM
10-04-2009, 11:05 PM
I'd rather have Torain on the payroll than Jordan.

With that said...the absolute best scenario....Give HILLIS the rock. He's a proven commodity. Besides his running ability, his hands are fantastic for catching out of the backfield.

honz
10-04-2009, 11:06 PM
We'll just promote Walker. I love Hillis, but the dude has been a hack so far this year.

Timmy!
10-04-2009, 11:09 PM
I'd rather have Torain on the payroll than Jordan.

With that said...the absolute best scenario....Give HILLIS the rock. He's a proven commodity. Besides his running ability, his hands are fantastic for catching out of the backfield.

Only problem I have with the new offense through 4 games. Seriously. Does anybody have an update on Larsen? I can see trying to keep our only FB healthy (Hillis) if Larsen is out, but if Larsen is at all healthy (Ried lining up as FB, WTF!?!), come friggin on. Hillis doesn't deserve to be playing special teams. He should be the short yardage back, and getting a minimum of 6-8 carries a game....and oh ya, he has great hands! I hope Buck is ok, but holy crap McDipsh*t, give #22 the damn ball.

GEM
10-04-2009, 11:09 PM
We'll just promote Walker. I love Hillis, but the dude has been a hack so far this year.

He hasn't been given an opportunity to run the ball. That isn't a hack.

He's had issues on ST. Penalties and a fumble have landed him in the doghouse, but if it's truly about team around here, he has the ability to help the team, if given the chance.

honz
10-04-2009, 11:16 PM
Hillis has gotten several short yardage carries. He got stuffed twice last week against Oakland. I don't think there is any reason to feature Hillis as a RB when we have Moreno and Bucky running wild. If Bucky is out next week I would definitely like to see Hillis in there ahead of Jordan though.

GEM
10-04-2009, 11:18 PM
Hillis has gotten several short yardage carries. He got stuffed twice last week against Oakland. I don't think there is any reason to feature Hillis as a RB when we have Moreno and Bucky running wild. If Bucky is out next week I would definitely like to see Hillis in there ahead of Jordan though.

That was kind of the point of the thread...IF Buckhalter is out. :shrugs: Either way...4-0 feels damn good! :salute:

Timmy!
10-04-2009, 11:18 PM

I'd disagree as I think Hillis should be getting more carries, but can't argue with results. It appears McD's doghouse is just as dark as Shanny's. :laugh:

dogfish
10-04-2009, 11:22 PM
Did anybody sign Darius Walker? If Buck is out for an extended time he's worth bringing back.

see, timmy! knows what time it is. . . .

chris henry is useless, and torain is double useless. . . .

and yes, please get hillis involved in the offense. . . .

Timmy!
10-04-2009, 11:27 PM
see, timmy! knows what time it is. . . .

chris henry is useless, and torain is double useless. . . .

and yes, please get hillis involved in the offense. . . .

Blog about this or something. I would be the greatest coach of all time!

Simms: "Well Dan, the Broncos are down by 14 with 2 minutes left. Looks like coach Smith is doing shots of Jager on the sideline."

Fouts: "Well Phil, you really gotta hand it to coach Timmy. His team played amazingly hard today, it's like god himself was out to screw them over. but they still look exited."

Timmy:win

Simple Jaded
10-04-2009, 11:29 PM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=396

Walker is on Denvers Practice Squad.......

silkamilkamonico
10-04-2009, 11:35 PM
Torain is a walking glass gina. No thanks.

It's already been stated by McDaniels that Hillis won't get more touches until Larsen comes back. Hillis still plays 20-30 snaps a game though, so it's not like he isn't playing/contributing.

Bronco Warrior
10-04-2009, 11:46 PM
Funny the Torain shots..Buckhalter has missed three whole seasons..that';s why I had been calling him BustHalter! He has been tough this year and I hope he is OK. the only real options are Walker or somebody that was here preseason..that leaves Torain. Think before you call bullshit people! :throwrock: and who ever it is it will only be a few weeks at most. By the time you coach up a new guy Buck will be back!

Requiem / The Dagda
10-04-2009, 11:57 PM
Chris Henry is complete ******* garbage. He was throughout college as well and was overhyped going into the draft. He was big and ran fast. So what? A lot of guys are big and run fast. Walker has experience playing in the NFL and did well in the pre-season. Moreno, Jordan and Walker are more than adequate with Hillis being back there as well. It'll be a test for Moreno. He's the man now. I hope Bucky can come back quickly though.

So no, we don't need to bring in Chris Henry. He is a loser.

silkamilkamonico
10-04-2009, 11:58 PM
Funny the Torain shots..Buckhalter has missed three whole seasons..that';s why I had been calling him BustHalter! He has been tough this year and I hope he is OK. the only real options are Walker or somebody that was here preseason..that leaves Torain. Think before you call bullshit people! :throwrock: and who ever it is it will only be a few weeks at most. By the time you coach up a new guy Buck will be back!

Torain has more injuries in the NFL than he does carries.

Buckhalter has had what, exactly 3 injuries in his 7 year career?

Not too hard to distinguish the difference between a walking glass gina and a guy who's had less than a full handful of unfortunate hits.

dogfish
10-05-2009, 12:35 AM

unfortunately, that's longer than torain can hold up. . . . if we brought dude in, he'd probably dislocate his wrist trying to sign the contract. . . .

broncofaninfla
10-05-2009, 08:24 AM

It was blantantly obvious that Hillis was getting the balls in the carries that Hillis got against Oakland. Hillis was a solid runner for us last year and can be again this year if they give him the touches and stop relying on him to just be the power back.

CrazyHorse
10-05-2009, 08:33 AM
The simple answer is no. I'd rather have someone that's played in Denver before.
What about Tatum Bell, Michael Pittman, P.J. Pope, Ryan Torain, Cecil Sapp, Cedric Cobbs, Ron Dayne, etc.

GEM
10-05-2009, 09:25 AM
Tatum and Pittman are in that new football league.

dogfish
10-05-2009, 01:12 PM

if their contracts allow it, i'm sure either of them would bolt back to the big league in a heartbeat, given the opportunity. . . but really, bringing back guys who were here under shanahan isn't significantly different than bringing in any other free agent, since the offensive scheme is different now. . .

if we need another body at the position, walker really makes the most sense. . . he knows the terminology and is working with our playbook every day, and he's good enough that he can step into a fill-in role and probably be productive enough to win with. . .

weazel
10-05-2009, 01:15 PM
I think it would be a great signing.

underrated29
10-05-2009, 01:15 PM
if their contracts allow it, i'm sure either of them would bolt back to the big league in a heartbeat, given the opportunity. . . but really, bringing back guys who were here under shanahan isn't significantly different than bringing in any other free agent, since the offensive scheme is different now. . .

if we need another body at the position, walker really makes the most sense. . . he knows the terminology and is working with our playbook every day, and he's good enough that he can step into a fill-in role and probably be productive enough to win with. . .

I agree.

And completely forgot about him. Hopefully bucky is fine and we wont need to worry. But walker would be my first choice should buck need some R&R. Still the question goes- who would we cut.

Probably Jarvis Moss

weazel
10-05-2009, 01:16 PM

too bad, Pittman was our best runner last season

SR
10-05-2009, 02:21 PM

When Hillis quits getting flagged for penalties on ST and fumbling kickoff returns, he'll get playing time.

honz
10-05-2009, 02:23 PM
too bad, Pittman was our best runner last season

He played well for us, but his body broke every time he got hit relatively hard.

weazel
10-05-2009, 03:21 PM
He played well for us, but his body broke every time he got hit relatively hard.

I disagree... he lasted the longest of all of our backs. The rest of them were already on the DL while he was still carrying the rock for us. I guess you could say the rest of the team broke when being hit relatively hard.

MileHighCrew
10-05-2009, 03:24 PM

I love Hillis but fumbling and stupid penalties are not going to get him the ball more.

nbenallo33
10-05-2009, 03:24 PM
what happened to JJ Arrington? didnt we sign him in the off season for mainly his special team experence

weazel
10-05-2009, 03:26 PM
what happened to JJ Arrington? didnt we sign him in the off season for mainly his special team experence

released... he was injured

T.K.O.
10-05-2009, 04:51 PM
i liked pittman he's a brute...but i doubt we will need to sign anyone and he is under contract with the ufl they play for about the next 8 weeks i think.
walker can come in and be ready to go sunday if needed.
i do agree that we need to give moreno carries anyway,if he can shake off what i see as a little indecision in short yardage situations he could become a feature back !:salute:

Tned
10-05-2009, 04:52 PM
Crap, I forgot about Walker. He was pretty good in the preseason, wasn't he?

-----

A lot more productive than Jordan was.

DenverDude88
10-05-2009, 06:15 PM

They cut him.

Buckhalter will be fine. Think about it he left on crutches even though everything turned out negative. In fact I bet Josh Mcdaniels lists him as questionable the whole week and then game time he will be miraculously 100 percent. Even Espn said they expect him to play next sunday