PDA

View Full Version : Some quotes from the Texans game day recap ...

omac
12-16-2007, 03:19 AM
From the game recap .....

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_7713869

Afterward, Mike Shanahan repeatedly blamed himself for not having his team prepared.

"Maybe I worked the guys too hard," Shanahan said. "I don't really know what it was, but we didn't have the energy we had a week ago."

"We can't put this on Coach Shanahan," Broncos safety Hamza Abdullah said. "This is on the players. We have to own up and finally take responsibility and be accountable. We haven't been accountable all season. That's why we're having the season we're having. It's not Coach Shanahan's fault."

Another defensive back, Domonique Foxworth, more strongly worded a similar take.

"To be flat-out honest, some better personnel would help us be more consistent, and some more experience would help us be more consistent," he said. "We don't have what we need right now, and that's clear. I'll speak for myself first of all. There's no excuses for me. There's no excuses for anybody right now for what we've done."

Afterward, while shaking hands at midfield, Shanahan complimented Kubiak.

"I just said: 'Hey, great job. You got your team ready to play,' " Shanahan said. " 'You outplayed us and outcoached us.' "

and, as if we could use even more injuries .....

Injuries could sideline Graham, Gold

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_7727802

The article even mentions Cutler having a sore knee from all those sacks, and having an MRI done. :ack:

Stand Ablaze
12-16-2007, 04:20 AM
Wow, I didn't know that about Cutler, hope he's just sore. :eek:

No surprise about Gold and Graham missing out the rest of the season, just hope it's not that serious.

lol @ Foxworth saying that we need better personnel, I don't even know why he would say that to the media. Keep that stuff to yourself Foxy, that's pretty much putting down your teammates who aren't playing up to expectations. I don't like it one bit.

SR
12-16-2007, 04:44 AM
Cutler is fine from what I read. He just had a precautionary MRI to make sure it was just soreness and no tears or strains. He's ok though.

As for Graham and Gold being hurt, fine with me. Personally, as much as Graham helps us with his blocking ability, we don't need him. Schef can block (not as well) and he's more of a threat in the passing game.

And for Ian Gold being out, that gives Winborn a chance. I really liked what I saw from him on the defensive side of the ball on Thursday. IMO, if he can do a good job filling in the next two games and prove to Shanny that he's here to play ball, and not just special teams, that may be grounds for saying farewell to Ian Gold.

omac
12-16-2007, 08:08 AM

No surprise about Gold and Graham missing out the rest of the season, just hope it's not that serious.

lol @ Foxworth saying that we need better personnel, I don't even know why he would say that to the media. Keep that stuff to yourself Foxy, that's pretty much putting down your teammates who aren't playing up to expectations. I don't like it one bit.

Yeah, some things you have to keep within the team. When Broncos get too comfortable airing out their dirty laundry to the media, they'll turn into SF, NYG, Cincy, and all the other teams where infighting is a frequent problem.

SR
12-16-2007, 08:11 AM
Or maybe Foxy was saying that to motivate the other players to play better...

Poet
12-16-2007, 08:13 AM
Yeah, some things you have to keep within the team. When Broncos get too comfortable airing out their dirty laundry to the media, they'll turn into SF, NYG, Cincy, and all the other teams where infighting is a frequent problem.

What is this infighting of Cincy that you speak of?

SR
12-16-2007, 08:22 AM
What is this infighting of Cincy that you speak of?

People on their team talk smack about other teammates...not new news...

Poet
12-16-2007, 08:25 AM
People on their team talk smack about other teammates...not new news...

I would be very interested in this. However, I will stop hijacking this thread.

champbronc2
12-16-2007, 10:10 AM

I think it is fine. You better get those players to know the team is displeased with them. And if talking to the media is how, then so be it.

pnbronco
12-16-2007, 10:52 AM
Cutler is fine from what I read. He just had a precautionary MRI to make sure it was just soreness and no tears or strains. He's ok though.

As for Graham and Gold being hurt, fine with me. Personally, as much as Graham helps us with his blocking ability, we don't need him. Schef can block (not as well) and he's more of a threat in the passing game.

And for Ian Gold being out, that gives Winborn a chance. I really liked what I saw from him on the defensive side of the ball on Thursday. IMO, if he can do a good job filling in the next two games and prove to Shanny that he's here to play ball, and not just special teams, that may be grounds for saying farewell to Ian Gold.

Thanks for the update on Cutler SR. At least they will get a break to rest hopefully heal a little before SD. I have been impressed with what I have seen of Winborn on special teams. He made some really solid tackles. I also liked what I saw of him in Houston. I feel like I've needed a roaster these last couple of games to see who's who.

As fas as the quotes I like what Hamza said more than Foxy. I bet it made Kubiak's year to hear those words from Shanahan.

SR
12-16-2007, 11:12 AM
I feel like I've needed a roaster these last couple of games

For a turkey?

pnbronco
12-16-2007, 11:15 AM
For a turkey?

Oh so now your a spell checker too?:D
You are suppose to read what I meant and not what I wrote, I meant roster:elefant:

SR
12-16-2007, 11:16 AM
Oh so now your a spell checker too?:D
You are suppose to read what I meant and not what I wrote, I meant roster:elefant:

I know what you meant....rooster. ;)

pnbronco
12-16-2007, 11:20 AM
I know what you meant....rooster. ;)

OK enough bird talk....