PDA

View Full Version : Contract Time for BMarsh

gobroncsnv
10-04-2009, 06:25 PM
Ok, now I'm ready to sit down with the guy... He has been practicing like a pro, made a BIG play of the game (took the ball out of the defender's grasp), I'm ok with getting him paid now. We will need his head in these coming games, and he's earned his shot. It's time.

What he did today is nothing new, but he needed to show some of this before I was ready to shovel cash his way. Then again, my opinion on the matter is worth VERY little. What do ya say, Pat?

UnderArmour
10-04-2009, 06:26 PM
More like Contract Time for EDoom

MOtorboat
10-04-2009, 06:26 PM
When he stays out of trouble off the field, he'll get his contract.

silkamilkamonico
10-04-2009, 06:31 PM
Contract time for Brandon Marshall.

Trade talk time for Eddie Royal.

jrelway
10-04-2009, 06:45 PM
pay the man his dinars so he doesnt skate to a division rival and eat us up.

Northman
10-04-2009, 06:46 PM
I dont think Bmarsh is worried about his contract at this moment. It seems by him being hugged by McDaniels both guys have an understanding of the situation they are both in. Far more understanding than we on the interwebs have. Bmarsh will get his due so as long as he continues to improve.

weazel
10-04-2009, 06:50 PM
dude has to prove he can stay out of trouble during the season. Its only been 4 weeks, lets see if he can last more than a month...

Bronco Warrior
10-04-2009, 06:51 PM
See BMarsh come on the Presser and hug Joshie? What rift?

JONtheBRONCO
10-04-2009, 06:54 PM
Lets be positive about this, Marshall looks good both mentally and physically. Noticed he teared up whole crossing the enzone and then was emotional when coming off to the sidelines. The fat smile and big huge with McDaniels lifted some weight off my shoulders concerning Marshall. Lets hope he can keep it up on and off the field. :)

LordTrychon
10-04-2009, 06:56 PM
dude has to prove he can stay out of trouble during the season. Its only been 4 weeks, lets see if he can last more than a month...

When was the last time he got in trouble during a season?

Benetto
10-04-2009, 06:58 PM
How many sacks is that for Doom now, only 4 games in.....Seven?

I think Brandon will get his money towards the middle or end of the season if he keeps this kind of attitude and game play alive....I would be VERY distraught to see him slip away if he doesn't get that extension...Seems like the little kid is growing up right before our eyes...I was expecting him to take plays off, pout on the sidelines etc when he wasn't getting the same amount of touches.

On a side note, its a damn shame to see Eddie Royal not being a factor anymore...WTF is up with that???

SR
10-04-2009, 07:28 PM
Troy Aikman said during the game that the only time he's seen a WR practice harder than he saw Marshall practice on Friday was Micheal Irvin with the Cowboys. That's saying something because Irvin had one hell of a work ethic, despite all the rest of his drama.

Negotiate contracts after the season is over. Don't distract him with that shit during the season. Make him EARN his money. So far he hasn't done shit this year except the last catch of the game today.

And silk, trading Eddie Royal would be stupid. What will we do for a slot WR once Stokely retires?

Tned
10-04-2009, 07:30 PM

He'll get big money, period. The only question is whether it will be from the Broncos or another team.

Tned
10-04-2009, 07:31 PM
How many sacks is that for Doom now, only 4 games in.....Seven?

8 sacks

Bronco Warrior
10-04-2009, 07:35 PM
The whole team came up big with opne exception and hell he still did enough and he did get it to Marshall so he could do what he do...lol! Glass half full or half empty..it's still a 4-0 glass baby!! LMAO!

SmilinAssasSin27
10-04-2009, 07:35 PM
I hope he proves me wrong. I'm still not sold. More power to him if he is changing.

nbenallo33
10-04-2009, 07:38 PM
Finally BMarsh is getting some lovenow huh? i have been saying pay the man all season

gobroncsnv
10-04-2009, 09:55 PM
And I've been saying he needs to earn it. He took a LARGE step towards doing so today, in my book.

DenBronx
10-05-2009, 02:53 AM
And I've been saying he needs to earn it. He took a LARGE step towards doing so today, in my book.

his production speaks for itself. what else needs to be earned? he has out performed his initial agreement, pay tha man!

and whoever said marshall was taking plays off needs to seriously consider visiting the crows cafe.

muse
10-05-2009, 03:32 AM
Brandon looked like he was going to cry at the end of the game...I take that as a good sign :lol:

JDL
10-05-2009, 04:00 AM
It seems to me that B-Marsh was made to feel like an outcast, he made mistakes, he had someone TRY to make him pay in every way for those mistakes by actually TRYING to ruin his career (if you read the details it is apparent that Marshall did certain things but also that the woman was a jilted lover and was actively trying to ruin him and make him pay.) He probably felt unloved, unappreciated and unlike the WR who got all those passes for 2 years with nobody really inside or outside the organization giving him any praise or love.

The simple truth is we all want to be recognized, to be appreciated and yeah most of us professionally want to get paid too. Let's not forget that Marshall isn't in this day and age really all that more than a child trying to grow up. I am not saying he is past it, that he is a saint or that he will choose the right path in life, but what I have seen is a young man lashing out at the world around him (metaphorically and literally), trying to find his place, trying to reconcile his demons, his emotions which were all tied to his difficult past.

I suppose I just have a soft spot for the guy with it all, who is humbled and almost loses it all and finds a way to fight back. Maybe what we saw today, maybe what Marshall found (and btw another disgruntled WR with the worst of bad on-field reputations) was a coach who didn't treat him as a nameless face or disposable. Maybe it took some time for him to see that or believe that McDaniels would have his back, maybe all training camp, the way McDaniels wouldn't comment on it or make snide comments allowing reporters to infer the truth, maybe Marshall finally found someone to trust.

I love Shanahan as a coach, but he is not without flaws (similar to a lot of coaches) and you hear the way Sharpe was so curtly dealt with and treated, how cold of a coach Shanahan was, it makes you wonder if he ever really connected with his players. Elway and Shanahan are no longer much of friends from all accounts. Shanahan and Bowlen were barely speaking. Maybe like Coughlin, Shanahan needed to be humbled to go on and continue his hall of fame coaching career at the level he once maintained. Maybe Denver was never going to be that place because he'd gotten too comfortable. Maybe the players felt resentment that their coach was not accountable for his actions but were so harshly held accountable for so much. It just seems like we got comfortable in a world that was ours fans, coaches, players - the Denver Broncos way - but, McDaniels came in and tore that down and players and fans and coaches and execs resented that, but what he seemed to tear off was a scab covering a horrendous infection, somewhere beneath the surface, things were just rotten and decaying.

He cut out the infected flesh and things have healed. I will be honest, no matter the starts, it has been a long time since I REALLY cared about Broncos football like I once did. It was too predictable, everything was just simply too familiar, you could see the same tease of greatness and the same problems year in and year out. It was frustrating as a fan and eventually they just started to lose my interest. But, suddenly we are all seeing a team out there that plays with heart, a team we can root for, a team we can dare to believe in or at least - just simply like. I think maybe somewhere along the way - Marshall found his passion for football again, something that had been drown out in wave after wave of negativity and painting him as just simply an awful person. That HAS to hurt and to find common ground with a coach, to find someone who believes in you, has to feel awfully damn good, even if it took a longer path to get to that place.

Now if McDaniels would just find a way to connect to HIllis, a player he just has never seemed to really care for. It is perplexing and certain things still give me pause, but what you see on the field, should at least fill even the gruffest of Broncos fans, with a little bit more hope for the future.

SR
10-05-2009, 06:47 AM
I disagree with some of that, but goddamn did you make Marshall out to be a cry baby. You make it sound like some parentless ******* child who is searching for someone to call daddy.

Tned
10-05-2009, 06:56 AM
I don't understand those that say that what he did yesterday impressed you and you are closer to thinking he deserves a raise or closer to trusting him or something like that.

What he did yesterday, was the exact same thing he has been doing for about 2 1/2 years, since the latter part of the '06 season. How can one game of him doing the same things he's been doing every game he has started as a Bronco, made a new impression?

Dirk
10-05-2009, 07:10 AM
I think the impression is that he fought through adversity and is becoming the "old" BMarsh that we all loved.

I loved seeing the scene of BMarsh walking in to hug McD at McD's post game presser. They truly seemed to be past all the offseason problems.

CoachChaz
10-05-2009, 07:14 AM
Now if McDaniels would just find a way to connect to HIllis, a player he just has never seemed to really care for. It is perplexing and certain things still give me pause, but what you see on the field, should at least fill even the gruffest of Broncos fans, with a little bit more hope for the future.

When Hillis stops dropping passes, fumbling balls and collecting ST flags...I'll worry more about his play time

SR
10-05-2009, 07:28 AM
When Hillis stops dropping passes, fumbling balls and collecting ST flags...I'll worry more about his play time

No shit.

Tned
10-05-2009, 07:30 AM

He's my adopted Bronco and a fellow Arkie, but I agree.

Left out false starting on first and goal.

He's a good, hard nosed player, but he has struggled this year, after reportedly having a great camp. Hopefully, he gets it turned around. He might very well need to tote the rock some this upcoming Sunday of Buckhalter can't go. I hope Buck can go, because he has been a great back for us so far this season.

Dirk
10-05-2009, 07:38 AM
I agree! Bucky is a great addition to the team! Get well Bucky!!

broncofaninfla
10-05-2009, 08:06 AM
Marshall is doing the right things to get the money he wants, he just needs to keep it up and stay out of trouble.

Ziggy
10-05-2009, 08:19 AM
I'm guessing we'll go through this every time he has a good game. Unless he's willing to pony up to a contract that protects the Broncos the next time he gets arrested, they aren't going to break the bank for him.

SOCALORADO.
10-05-2009, 08:35 AM
I don't understand those that say that what he did yesterday impressed you and you are closer to thinking he deserves a raise or closer to trusting him or something like that.

What he did yesterday, was the exact same thing he has been doing for about 2 1/2 years, since the latter part of the '06 season. How can one game of him doing the same things he's been doing every game he has started as a Bronco, made a new impression?

Yeah. Fans just get all excited cause he makes a really spectacular play, and they somehow suddenly forget that this clown put himself in the crappy situation he is currenly in, in regards to his contract.

Marshall desreves nothing.
Hes been arrested countless times, he beats women and has a history of DUIs in Denver.
If brandon gets a jaywalking ticket on his way to the practice facility today, he is suspended 8 games (minimum!!) by the commish.
Brandon has set himself up in this financial situation where the Dnever Bronocs CANNOT in good faith give him anymore money until he has shown them that he can stay out of trouble off the field. PERIOD.
If brandon wants a new contract, then he should continue to make adult decisions in his private life, stop acting like a stupid child, (for more than a month) and continue to work hard on the field as well.
I am glad he has shown he can do this for about a month now, but thats absolutely no reason to give him any more money or a contract now. That will be handled at the end of the season. And if DEN wants to, thay can just franchise him for another season anyways. Really, brandon has no leg to stand on, and with his history, he deserves nothing.
I am glad he is making plays, but thats is his job, so it really has nothing to do with $$. Hes a big boy, he can finish out this year and then they will talk.
As for trading Eddie Royal, well thats gotta just be pure FAIL. Absolutely moronic.

Tned
10-05-2009, 09:26 AM
Yeah. Fans just get all excited cause he makes a really spectacular play, and they somehow suddenly forget that this clown put himself in the crappy situation he is currenly in, in regards to his contract.

Marshall desreves nothing.
Hes been arrested countless times, he beats women and has a history of DUIs in Denver.
If brandon gets a jaywalking ticket on his way to the practice facility today, he is suspended 8 games (minimum!!) by the commish.
Brandon has set himself up in this financial situation where the Dnever Bronocs CANNOT in good faith give him anymore money until he has shown them that he can stay out of trouble off the field. PERIOD.
If brandon wants a new contract, then he should continue to make adult decisions in his private life, stop acting like a stupid child, (for more than a month) and continue to work hard on the field as well.
I am glad he has shown he can do this for about a month now, but thats absolutely no reason to give him any more money or a contract now. That will be handled at the end of the season. And if DEN wants to, thay can just franchise him for another season anyways. Really, brandon has no leg to stand on, and with his history, he deserves nothing.
I am glad he is making plays, but thats is his job, so it really has nothing to do with $$. Hes a big boy, he can finish out this year and then they will talk.
As for trading Eddie Royal, well thats gotta just be pure FAIL. Absolutely moronic.

I really don't think Marshall would get an 8 game suspension for a jay walking ticket.

MileHighCrew
10-05-2009, 09:36 AM
Pay the man... I don't want another authentic jersey just sitting in my closet

Bronco Warrior
10-05-2009, 09:44 AM
BMarsh needs his own BandWagon. Cris Carter was on ESPNchillada this morning on Mike and Mike telling how he was Marshall mentor and had been coaching him up! What a D-=Bag..he has been talking crap about BMarsh and the Broncos from the jump! ESPN is full of turdfaces!

weazel
10-05-2009, 01:12 PM
When was the last time he got in trouble during a season?

okay sorry, he was suspended in PRE-season. :rolleyes:

weazel
10-05-2009, 01:14 PM
Pay the man... I don't want another authentic jersey just sitting in my closet

by that comment, we should re-sign Plummer, Gary, Humphrey, Bly, Gold...

I'm with you though, I hate having those jerseys sitting there and you can't wear them. Damn Walker...

D1g1tal j1m
10-05-2009, 01:34 PM
B.M. showed what he can do with the ball in his hands. He is a top flight WR and playmaker that Romo wishes he still had (T.O. withdrawals). Our Offense is a level above pedestrian when Marshall is at the top of his game and around middle of the pack when he isn't involved. Royal has not dealt well with the additional attention of Defenses after last year's successful campaign. Maybe Defenses will start rolling coverage to B.M.'s side and allow Royal the space he needs to get open.
Let's wait until after we get through this supposed "Gauntlet" before we talk extension with anyone. We need the focus of the players on N.E. and not on if they now will get paid.

MileHighCrew
10-05-2009, 01:41 PM
by that comment, we should re-sign Plummer, Gary, Humphrey, Bly, Gold...

I'm with you though, I hate having those jerseys sitting there and you can't wear them. Damn Walker...

Well I do have a Plummer but it is autographer and hanging in my Broncos room, with my Elway which I wish was autographed. But I do have authentic Portis, 3 Cutler (myself. my wife and my daughter have one) my Mike Anderson which I still wear with pride :salute: I have a Trevor Price, Champ and Marshall. Think that is it, hard to remember. So as you can see I have a few jerseys but not many current ones. So Keep Marshall, plus he is awesome!