PDA

View Full Version : Titans LOL!!

Overtime
10-04-2009, 03:22 PM
Titans are the most worthless football team in the league right now. How the hell do you go from 13-3 (err 13-4) last year to 0-4 in 2009?

They just got destroyed by the Jaguars today.

Jeff Fisher is garbage. guy should get fired after this season. what's even funnier is that all the garbage Titans fans here buy into his bs. Fisher is mediocre at best.

but hell that's what they get for continuing to go with Grandpa Kerry Collins. what a choad and allowing Haynesworth to leave for Washington.

Worst against the pass, and can't get any offense going.

0-4 already, with Indy coming up next Monday night, then New England and Jacksonville again.

Poet
10-04-2009, 05:47 PM
Jeff Fisher is one of the best coaches in football. If he was fired it would take him all of two days to get a job. They lost the best defensive player in the NFL (I'm not saying they should have paid him that money, that contract is massive) but that really hurt. This year they haven't caught the breaks that they used to and ran into to pretty tough schedule.

I assure you, most coaches in the NFL aren't as good as Jeff Fisher. Good look at his coaching resume.

Foochacho
10-04-2009, 06:59 PM
They keep screwing me over on my picks for the week. That is the last time I pick them.

Northman
10-04-2009, 07:31 PM
Wow, dumbest thread of the year.

Overtime
10-04-2009, 08:46 PM
sorry but Jeff Fischer is not one of the best coaches in the league. what a terrible statement King. terrible.

Fisher's record as a head coach 129 - 115

average's 8.0625 wins per year...while losing an average of 7.1875 games per year (based on 16 NFL Seasons).

good for 52.8 winning percentage. that's mediocre.

2009 - 0-4 (currently in progress)
2008 - 13-3
2007 - 10-6
2006 - 8-8
2005 - 4-12
2004 - 5-11
2003 - 12-3
2002 - 11-5
2001 - 7-9
2000 - 13-3
1999 - 13-3
1998 - 8-8
1997 - 8-8
1996 - 8-8
1995 - 7-9
*1994 - 2-14

he has 1 Super Bowl appearance of which he lost...and they haven't even gotten close since that appearance in 1999.

the guy is mediocre. his play calling is horrific, and his decision making on the roster is mediocre at best.

Poet
10-04-2009, 09:20 PM
You....need mental help.

He took over a crappy team and they went to .500.

Then three seasons they went 13-3 and 13-3. An off year put them at 7-9.

They then went 11-5 and 12-4.

They then had two off years and THEN went 8-8 after rebuilding, then 10-6, and then 13-3.

Most of his "failures" came when he was rebuilding an awful franchise and roster and took them from 2-14 to .500

You need to do more than just look at the overall winning percentage. Look at the context of the entire situation.

Please name five head coaches in the game right now that are better than he is.

You have Bill Belichick and then who? I would accept Tom Coughlin although I know his career winning percentage isn't amazing. I would take Tomlin, although that one could EASILY be debated big time. Then who?

Overtime
10-04-2009, 09:36 PM
Bill Belichick
Andy Reid
Tom Couglin
Mike Tomlin
Sean Peyton
John Fox

I'll even go out on a limb and say John Harbaugh. what he's done with Baltimore is pretty outstanding.

Poet
10-04-2009, 09:54 PM
Bill Belichick
Andy Reid
Tom Couglin
Mike Tomlin
Sean Peyton
John Fox

I'll even go out on a limb and say John Harbaugh. what he's done with Baltimore is pretty outstanding.

Uh..............

John Fox......His team is just as bad as Tennessee this year.

KCL
10-04-2009, 11:03 PM
Wow, dumbest thread of the year.

I thought the Moreno thread was....:confused:

Poet
10-04-2009, 11:08 PM
I thought the Moreno thread was....:confused:

Sometimes you end up being your only competition.

But I think you already knew that!

KCL
10-04-2009, 11:10 PM
Sometimes you end up being your only competition.

Apparently so

CrazyHorse
10-05-2009, 12:14 AM
Jeff Fisher is one of the best coaches in football. If he was fired it would take him all of two days to get a job. They lost the best defensive player in the NFL (I'm not saying they should have paid him that money, that contract is massive) but that really hurt. This year they haven't caught the breaks that they used to and ran into to pretty tough schedule.

I assure you, most coaches in the NFL aren't as good as Jeff Fisher. Good look at his coaching resume.

Jim Schwartz too...

Shazam!
10-05-2009, 12:33 AM
Tenn has been decimated by FA.

Their starting QB is Kerry freaking Collins.

Even when they were bad in those years when they lost, they still showed up and played hard.

They're terrible, no doubt, but I don't blame Jeff Fisher entirely.

Another AFC Coach I know and we all are familiar with was recently fired. While he is good, he stayed too long with that team. Who could it be? Mike Shanahan.

He'll get a job instamatically if he gets fired or resigns.

Overtime
10-06-2009, 04:50 PM
Tenn has been decimated by FA.

Their starting QB is Kerry freaking Collins.

Even when they were bad in those years when they lost, they still showed up and played hard.

They're terrible, no doubt, but I don't blame Jeff Fisher entirely.

Another AFC Coach I know and we all are familiar with was recently fired. While he is good, he stayed too long with that team. Who could it be? Mike Shanahan.

He'll get a job instamatically if he gets fired or resigns.

decimated by FA? The only major loss they had as far as players was Haynesworth, the rest of the guys were pretty expendable.

What it comes down to is this team is not playing at a high level, they aren't capitalizing on the other teams mistakes, they aren't finishing games, they aren't playing to win, and they sure as heck aren't motivated, and that responsibility has to fall on Jeff Fisher. After 16 years in 1 job, you tend to get complacent, and comfortable. Fisher really hasn't done much since they lost Steve McNair to Baltimore, and even then really, he hadn't done much since the Super Bowl loss in 1999.

I'm not saying he won't get a job elsewhere, but honestly, his win/loss percentage isn't that great, and personally I think the guy is so overrated, and his ego is overinflated, but of course, I get to listen to the schmuck every night on the news, passing off excuse after excuse as to why his team is stinking it up.

jrelway
10-06-2009, 08:53 PM
fisher deserves a ring IMO. great coach and great team. just bad luck.

Poet
10-07-2009, 09:44 AM
OT, they lost Albert Haynesworth, the guy who was really the best defensive player in the NFL. The Titans run a defense that doesn't blitz very much. They get to the QB via defensive ends and they did it very well last year. The biggest reason for that wasn't any of the defensive ends, it was because of Albert Haynesworth. He forced double teams and BEAT double teams. He allowed his defensive ends to get favorable matchup across the board.

He's a great run stuffer, a good pass rusher, and he dominants the line of scrimmage more than any DT or NT that I can think of in recent years.

The Titans were a team that couldn't get behind on offense. Their defense is still pretty good, but they lost a huge facet of their team when he left.

The Titans will bounce back. They always do.

Overtime
10-11-2009, 09:41 PM
Titans are getting annihilated by the Colts.

28-9 in the 3rd Quarter.

Broncos4Ever24
10-11-2009, 09:44 PM
put in vince young!

Overtime
10-11-2009, 10:12 PM
i think they're finally gonna stick him in there. Saw VY warming up after the Colts made a field goal and increased the lead to 31-9.

Gamechanger
10-11-2009, 11:53 PM
though I hate the Titans with a passion, Jeff Fisher cannot be blamed on this one

losing Haynesworth is killing them and they have no serviceable QB

his team gave up on him on this one

the only one who is making progress is Chris Johnson

Overtime
10-12-2009, 12:27 AM
i blame Fisher because he's the one who drafted Young, and he's the one who brought in Grandpa Collins. this is all Fisher's doing.

Poet
10-12-2009, 12:38 AM
i blame Fisher because he's the one who drafted Young, and he's the one who brought in Grandpa Collins. this is all Fisher's doing.

It was reported several times that Fisher didn't want Young.

BroncoSojia
10-12-2009, 08:03 AM
It was reported several times that Fisher didn't want Young.

Yeah, Fisher actually wanted Cutler, but the owner overrode him.

Overtime
10-18-2009, 06:24 PM
though I hate the Titans with a passion, Jeff Fisher cannot be blamed on this one

losing Haynesworth is killing them and they have no serviceable QB

his team gave up on him on this one

the only one who is making progress is Chris Johnson

can you blame Fisher now?

Patriots 59
Titans 0

Titans suck and Fisher is a fraud. :lol:

CrazyHorse
10-18-2009, 06:29 PM
After today I don't see Jeff Fisher keeping his Job. After Shanahan Jeff Fisher is the longest tenured coach. Everybody has to go sometime.

edit: I think Fisher did want Vince young because of his legs. That's why he took him over Cutler. What a mistake. Cutler is the best QB out of that draft class.

Northman
10-18-2009, 06:29 PM
Titans are deplorable. Wow.

KCL
10-18-2009, 06:35 PM
I think I am more embarrassed for them than I am the Chiefs...:laugh:

Reidman
10-18-2009, 06:44 PM
Why are you riding the Titans jock...?

I can think of a handful of other teams that deserve just as much mocking as the Titans...possibly more...

Plus, how can anyone blame a headcoach solely for a team's losing. Last time I checked, there are 11 players out on the field at all times that could step it up and start playing some football.

KCL
10-18-2009, 06:48 PM

I can think of a handful of other teams that deserve just as much mocking as the Titans...possibly more...

Plus, how can anyone blame a headcoach solely for a team's losing. Last time I checked, there are 11 players out on the field at all times that could step it up and start playing some football.

I agree with you..and in all seriousness I am embarrassed for them as much as I am for KC..That was a beatdown today and you're right about the players...I told my son that on the Chiefs team..our OL is horrible...the players just aren't capable of blocking...but I am guessing for some reason OT doesn't like TN...Who knows...who cares?

Poet
10-18-2009, 06:54 PM
After today I don't see Jeff Fisher keeping his Job. After Shanahan Jeff Fisher is the longest tenured coach. Everybody has to go sometime.

edit: I think Fisher did want Vince young because of his legs. That's why he took him over Cutler. What a mistake. Cutler is the best QB out of that draft class.

It came out that Fisher did not want Young.

Fisher is a beast. If they fire him that franchise will probably suck forever. Since when has Fisher had bad game plans? Since when has he not had a prepared team? It's the players, not him. Tennessee gambled that they didn't need Haynesworth and it's a huge snowball affect. They can't come from behind, and their offense has to be running the ball well to do anything. They have zero respectable WRs barring Nate "Third Option on Pittsburgh" Washington, zero good tight ends, and zero good offensive players barring their RBs and one or two offensive lineman.

If Fisher gets fired whatever team gets him will be blessed.

Why Overtime decided to start this thread is beyond me. Methinks he should go visit his "NO SHOW MORENO" thread and apologize to the world.

Overtime
10-18-2009, 07:06 PM

because I live in Tennessee and I have to listen to the garbage about how great this team was last year (the team that choked home field advantage away), and how great they were gonna be this year. and it's a beautiful thing now that I get to rub it in their faces because they suck and their coach is a damn joke and is mediocre.

Fisher is responsible because his team hasn't been motivated, and they have played 3 straight games and show no emotion, no effort, and are obviously not prepared.

this is currently the worst team in the NFL this season. they went 13-3 last year had home field advantage and lost in the Divisional round, and now they come out and lay 6 eggs in a row, and are absolutely atrocious.

Fisher has to be held accountable for this. It's not the players. It's Fisher and the coaching staff.

KCL
10-18-2009, 07:16 PM
because I live in Tennessee and I have to listen to the garbage about how great this team was last year (the team that choked home field advantage away), and how great they were gonna be this year. and it's a beautiful thing now that I get to rub it in their faces because they suck and their coach is a damn joke and is mediocre.

Fisher is responsible because his team hasn't been motivated, and they have played 3 straight games and show no emotion, no effort, and are obviously not prepared.

this is currently the worst team in the NFL this season. they went 13-3 last year had home field advantage and lost in the Divisional round, and now they come out and lay 6 eggs in a row, and are absolutely atrocious.

Fisher has to be held accountable for this. It's not the players. It's Fisher and the coaching staff.

First you were ranting about people from Missouri (which is where I live)..I read that crap and you don't even know me and now you're going off about people from TN..:rolleyes:

Poet
10-18-2009, 07:27 PM
It's Fisher? My god, do you watch the games? Was it Fisher that is making his secondary fail to cover anyone? Was it him that forced Collins to throw terrible passes?

No.

He's been a good coach for a long time, he's proven his worth. You think this is on Fisher? Wow...

Devilspawn
10-18-2009, 07:29 PM
I hope Jeff Fisher gets fired.

Then I hope Charlie Weiss gets fired.

I think you know where I'm going with this.

Overtime
10-18-2009, 07:33 PM
First you were ranting about people from Missouri (which is where I live)..I read that crap and you don't even know me and now you're going off about people from TN..:rolleyes:

i lived in that rathole for 25 years...Kansas City (and Missouri for that matter) are a dump, and the people there are mediocre. I know first hand from experience. don't get me started tonight.

Overtime
10-18-2009, 07:33 PM

personally i hope Charlie Weis gets fired too.

Poet
10-18-2009, 07:53 PM
i lived in that rathole for 25 years...Kansas City (and Missouri for that matter) are a dump, and the people there are mediocre. I know first hand from experience. don't get me started tonight.

If the people there are mediocre (which means average) why are you taking pot shots at them?

Northman
10-18-2009, 07:56 PM

Ironically, i recall a Denver team that went 13-3 and lost to the Jaguars in 97'. I do agree that the motivation factor is absent with the Tennesse this year. But, at the same time Fisher has gotten more out of this team with a lot less. Their best player is really Chris Johnson and outside of that not a whole lot more except overachievers. Collins is a solid vet but is just as inconsistent as a guy like Testerverde was. Either way, every year brings new challenges and right now the Titans are dealing with a setback after having a good year last year. But thats also parity in the NFL. Just ask the Eagles who lost to a much worse Oakland team today. Fisher will be held accountable but he is still a solid coach. I guess their overachieving players finally fell back down to earth.

Poet
10-18-2009, 07:57 PM
Ironically, i recall a Denver team that went 13-3 and lost to the Jaguars in 97'. I do agree that the motivation factor is absent with the Tennesse this year. But, at the same time Fisher has gotten more out of this team with a lot less. Their best player is really Chris Johnson and outside of that not a whole lot more except overachievers. Collins is a solid vet but is just as inconsistent as a guy like Testerverde was. Either way, every year brings new challenges and right now the Titans are dealing with a setback after having a good year last year. But thats also parity in the NFL. Just ask the Eagles who lost to a much worse Oakland team today. Fisher will be held accountable but he is still a solid coach. I guess their overachieving players finally fell back down to earth.

Actually, rumor has it that Fisher is going to trade for Knowshon Moreno and they can both suck together.

Overtime
10-18-2009, 08:02 PM

denver also won the Super Bowl the following year too. apples to oranges my friend...apples to oranges.

:coffee:

Poet
10-18-2009, 08:04 PM
denver also won the Super Bowl the following year too. apples to oranges my friend...apples to oranges.

:coffee:

You had me convinced for a second that you really think Knowshon Moreno sucks, that Ray Lewis is overrated as a LB and that Fisher is a bad coach.

Man, you had me going there for a second.

Medford Bronco
10-18-2009, 08:36 PM
It's Fisher? My god, do you watch the games? Was it Fisher that is making his secondary fail to cover anyone? Was it him that forced Collins to throw terrible passes?

No.

He's been a good coach for a long time, he's proven his worth. You think this is on Fisher? Wow...

Fisher probably could have done better than minus 7 yards passing :lol:

Poet
10-18-2009, 08:38 PM
Fisher probably could have done better than minus 7 yards passing :lol:

I've never seen anything like that in my life. I never was so bored with a football game that I wanted to turn it off before.

KCL
10-18-2009, 09:14 PM

Like I said you don't know me..and I don't live in a dump..my dad was born and raised in KC and fought on Iwo Jima...he was a hero and you couldn't hold a candle to him so take your mediocre and shove it.

Overtime
10-18-2009, 09:24 PM
Like I said you don't know me..and I don't live in a dump..my dad was born and raised in KC and fought on Iwo Jima...he was a hero and you couldn't hold a candle to him so take your mediocre and shove it.

sorry you live in a dump of a state and a dump of a city.

KCL
10-18-2009, 09:44 PM
sorry you live in a dump of a state and a dump of a city.

lame comeback....I will just consider the source.

UnderArmour
10-18-2009, 09:52 PM

Coaching candidates for the Raiders?

topscribe
10-18-2009, 09:54 PM

Unfortunately, it looks as if you already are . . . :tsk:

-----

Devilspawn
10-18-2009, 10:47 PM
slightly off topic, but I just saw that the Titans had a total of -7 net yards passing. Is this a record?

Overtime
10-18-2009, 11:05 PM
if it's not the Titans sure missed a good chance to set one the way they played....lol.

Shazam!
10-18-2009, 11:46 PM
He just stayed too long there like Shanahan did in Denver.

If he gets fired or resigns, he'll have a job in two days guaranteed.

Shazam!
10-18-2009, 11:59 PM
Kansas City (and Missouri for that matter) are a dump, and the people there are mediocre.

You think there's trash in KC? Come to NYC. I'll gladly be your ghetto tour guide of Harlem and the South Bronx.

Overtime
10-19-2009, 12:04 AM
You think there's trash in KC? Come to NYC. I'll gladly be your ghetto tour guide of Harlem and the South Bronx.

been there done that Shazam...lol...lots of trash in NYC...but i didn't grow up there...i grew up in that rat infested, mediocre-laden cesspool commonly referred to as Kansas City.

KCL
10-19-2009, 12:04 AM

He couldn't make it through there...:rolleyes:

KCL
10-19-2009, 12:05 AM
been there done that Shazam...lol...lots of trash in NYC...but i didn't grow up there...i grew up in that rat infested, mediocre-laden cesspool commonly referred to as Kansas City.

Correction-You may have lived in KC but you never grew up.

Overtime
10-19-2009, 12:33 AM
Correction-You may have lived in KC but you never grew up.

you're right....I didn't grow up until I left that rathole and moved to Tennessee. the mentality of the population there hindered that. it wasn't until i got around the quality people of Nashville that I was afforded that opportunity, and I took full advantage of it.

CrazyHorse
10-19-2009, 12:51 AM
Okay, if not Fisher, then fire the General Manager for bad personnel decisions. Someone needs to go.
Everything is not okay in Tennessee.

Overtime
10-19-2009, 02:31 AM
Bud Adams is not a very happy man.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20091019/SPORTS01/910190337/2072/SPORTS/Bud+Adams++can+t+understand++Titans++play

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. — Titans owner Bud Adams called Sunday's 59-0 loss to the Patriots possibly the low point in franchise history, but said he's not going to make any drastic changes during the season.

One year after finishing with an NFL-best 13-3 record, the Titans plummeted to 0-6 with the worst defeat since Adams founded the team in 1960.

Coaching is a big part of the problem, said the 86-year-old Adams, who made no promises about Jeff Fisher's future with the franchise beyond this season. Fisher, now in his 15th season at the helm of the Titans, is under contract through 2011.

"If we end up losing every game or don't look better, I'd have to look at that pretty hard, you know what I mean?'' Adams said during a telephone interview Sunday night. "The way it is going, I don't know if we'll win any games, and that is unheard of in the National Football League.

"Right now, it's as bad as I've seen it, and that's a long time. I've never had a team start out like this. We had the best record in the NFL last year. I can't understand it.''

The Titans have been outscored 127-26 in their past three games, have gone eight straight quarters without scoring a touchdown and are one of three winless teams in the league.

"Even if I am unhappy, you don't make changes in the middle of the season. You don't know what you might end up with,'' Adams said of the coaching staff. "We'll just have to see what happens the rest of the way. I'll have to make my decision after the season is up. Who knows, we might come back and win 10 games. Then it wouldn't look so bad compared to how we started out. We have to look at the overall picture.

"But right now we're not doing very well, and that worries me.''

Fisher 'to keep fighting'

Fisher has an overall record of 128-108, but he is 5-6 in the playoffs, including 0-3 since his last postseason victory at the end of the 2003 season.

On Sunday night, after the Titans gave up 619 yards to the Patriots, Fisher said he'd never "been through anything like this.''

Asked if he's worried about his job security, Fisher said: "You know, I am going to keep fighting. I'm just going to keep working. You know the staff didn't forget how to coach in the offseason. … It doesn't happen. You don't forget how to coach overnight. What we have to do is find a way to win a ballgame.''

The big staff change last offseason was Chuck Cecil's promotion from secondary coach to defensive coordinator when Jim Schwartz left to become head coach of the Detroit Lions.

"That is one of our problems, the coaching staff,'' Adams said.

But the owner indicated he wouldn't force Fisher to make changes.

"You can't do that in the season, that is not the way you do it," Adams said. "You have to wait until the season is over. The coaches have to be preparing for every game, and it takes a lot of effort. You can't just get rid of people.''

As for a potential change at quarterback, Adams said he'd like to see Vince Young play more instead of starter Kerry Collins.

"I have been wanting him to play Vince Young more because Collins has been having his problems out there,'' Adams said. "I just think we need to find out how well (Young) can do. If you don't play the guy and lose all your games, it is hard for you to see what he can do if he is not playing.

"Vince has won a lot of games for us. But Jeff is the one making those decisions; they are playing for him.''

Collins had one of the worst games of his career against the Patriots. Young saw mop-up duty in the second half. Fisher wouldn't discuss the quarterback situation after the game.

Northman
10-19-2009, 05:41 AM
"Vince has won a lot of games for us. But Jeff is the one making those decisions; they are playing for him.''

I think Bud forgot who it was that got them to that 13-3 record last year. lol

Dirk
10-19-2009, 06:20 AM
KCL - I have never lived in KC but have lived more than half my life in Missouri after being born and raised in Denver. Missouri is a wonderful state. The people in it are wonderful. :listen:

Shazam!
10-19-2009, 08:59 AM
I didn't know Chuck Cecil was Tenn's DC.

He was a beast of a LB in GB.

UnderArmour
10-19-2009, 09:24 AM
I think Bud forgot who it was that got them to that 13-3 record last year. lol

Chris Johnson and the Titans Defense? Kerry Collins is just bad. They should have pulled the plug at week 2 or 3, that way they might actually have 1 win right now.

KCL
10-19-2009, 10:40 AM
KCL - I have never lived in KC but have lived more than half my life in Missouri after being born and raised in Denver. Missouri is a wonderful state. The people in it are wonderful. :listen:

Thanks...good post!

I know they are...I was born in KC...raised and went to school south of KC and now I live east of KC...Southern Missouri is beautiful...there are some nice lakes here and when we had our boat we were on them as much as possible..I like the area...have no problems here and the location I live in is crime free...there are some areas of KC I would never live in but every state has areas like that.

Wonderful people...you're right...my parents were good hard working people and I have alot of good friends here.

Dreadnought
10-19-2009, 11:00 AM
Well I've never seen anything quite like the total melt-down of the Titans this year. Its like watching a wreck. I've always liked Jeff Fisher, but he has lost that team and they aren't even trying for him anymore. I'm at a loss as to where they go from here. Kerry Collins is clearly washed up, Vince Young will never be able to play in this league, and the defense is an abomination. They actually have less heart and purpose than the Raiders. Eventually Fisher has to pay for that.

topscribe
10-19-2009, 11:13 AM
Well I've never seen anything quite like the total melt-down of the Titans this year. Its like watching a wreck. I've always liked Jeff Fisher, but he has lost that team and they aren't even trying for him anymore. I'm at a loss as to where they go from here. Kerry Collins is clearly washed up, Vince Young will never be able to play in this league, and the defense is an abomination. They actually have less heart and purpose than the Raiders. Eventually Fisher has to pay for that.

Fisher is a classy person and has been a good coach for a while. Maybe he
needs what Shanahan got: a year off to reassess things. He certainly is not
finished as a coach, but Tenn clearly needs to go in a different direction.

-----

Shazam!
10-19-2009, 11:14 AM
I think after 10 years coaching a team, that is long enough.

Overtime
10-19-2009, 11:42 AM
here's an unbelievable statistic

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/10/19/week6/3.html

Last year, in the first six games of the season, Tennessee allowed seven touchdowns.

Yesterday, in a 36-minute span against New England, Tennessee allowed eight touchdowns.

Overtime
10-21-2009, 11:38 PM
Fisher will be know for this. After all, it is his defining moment.

http://web.mit.edu/mokang/Public/fail.jpg

Shazam!
11-15-2009, 08:49 PM
Tenn has quietly turned around their trainwreck 0-6 start by winning 3 straight in convincing fashion after benching Kerry Collins and going with Vince Young as their starting QB. Jeff Fisher may keep his job after all if they can get on any kind of roll and win a few more games. They have a pretty reasonable schedule the rest of the way. Even at this point, gotta give Fisher some props for keeping the troops focused and able to win some games after that horrible 56-0 shellacking at NE. 6-10 or 7-9 is certainly possible, and after an 0-6 start would be a fine finish. Gotta hand it to him.

KCL
11-15-2009, 09:03 PM
They put some points up today!

Devilspawn
11-29-2009, 07:13 PM
:bumplulz:

Shazam!
11-29-2009, 07:30 PM
Fisher will be know for this. After all, it is his defining moment.

http://web.mit.edu/mokang/Public/fail.jpg

Couldn't be more wrong here.

If they get to 8-8 he should be considered for Coach of the Year after that kind of turnaround.

Poet
11-29-2009, 07:41 PM
Fisher was never going to lose his jobs. He's one of the best coaches in the game.

Overtime
11-29-2009, 07:44 PM
Couldn't be more wrong here.

If they get to 8-8 he should be considered for Coach of the Year after that kind of turnaround.

doubtful. McDaniels or Jim Caldwell will get it.

Both are rookie head coaches.

Caldwell's 11-0 but depending on how we finish I think McD gets its because we weren't even supposed to be half as good as we've been this season.

topscribe
11-29-2009, 07:47 PM
Fisher was never going to lose his jobs. He's one of the best coaches in the game.

IIRC, Shanahan once remarked that Fisher is the best coach in the game . . .

-----

KCL
11-29-2009, 07:49 PM
Wait a minute guys..I think everyone is overlooking Todd Haley.
and for the life of me..I can't figure out why...:lol:

edit-btw Overtime..I'm joking.

Medford Bronco
11-29-2009, 07:54 PM
Wait a minute guys..I think everyone is overlooking Todd Haley.
and for the life of me..I can't figure out why...:lol:

edit-btw Overtime..I'm joking.

at least he is better than Tom Cable Car
He does not punch his assistants in the face:lol:

KCL
11-29-2009, 07:55 PM

and they haven't punched him yet...damn if the Chiefs could have hung on to the friggin ball and once again our D is on the field way too long.

topscribe
11-29-2009, 07:56 PM

Hmmm . . . Haley is better than Cable . . .

Is that a compliment or an insult? :look:

-----

KCL
11-29-2009, 07:56 PM
Hmmm . . . Haley is better than Cable . . .

Is that a compliment or an insult? :look:

-----

I think it may be a compliment...:D

topscribe
11-29-2009, 07:59 PM
I think it may be a compliment...:D

Well, that would make him, like, the best bad coach in the league?

-----

KCL
11-29-2009, 08:02 PM
Well, that would make him, like, the best bad coach in the league?

-----

Well...............

dogfish
11-29-2009, 08:07 PM
Vince Young will never be able to play in this league

how'd you like his 387 passing yards and game-winning drive today, hater?

:D

titans are 5-0 with vince under center this year. . . .

Gamechanger
11-29-2009, 08:44 PM
I see a 9-7 year

Poet
11-29-2009, 08:59 PM
This is another classic of a thread.

Poet
11-29-2009, 09:01 PM
Vince Young is an elite talent. He got some silly amounts of hatred and I never understood it. People loved to bash him when he went through some personal shit, and I didn't get it. I hope he dominates in the NFL.

Gamechanger
11-29-2009, 09:34 PM
Vince Young is an elite talent. He got some silly amounts of hatred and I never understood it. People loved to bash him when he went through some personal shit, and I didn't get it. I hope he dominates in the NFL.

I hold a soft side for him being a Uni. of Texas fan, he's always been clutch in big games (even against us, esp. in 06 and beginning of 07)

his only knock was his work ethic, side-arm mechanics, and his instinct of "run before pass"

i think him being benched then losing his job was the best thing to happen to him, because now (i hope) he finally gets it and is helping this team get on the right track

as for dominating? perhaps, but I hope not against our team :D

HORSEPOWER 56
11-29-2009, 09:51 PM

A 99 yd game winning drive to be exact. The TD thrown to of all people, Kenny Britt. Who, if all of you didn't know, was Rod Smith's protege this spring when trying to get ready for the draft. Rod coached the kid up right!

Medford Bronco
11-29-2009, 10:02 PM

I Have to say that I am impressed with VY so far this year.
I never expected him to improve this much.

Shazam!
11-29-2009, 10:31 PM
Having to watch so much of Kerry Collins was a tremendous help I'm sure. He's not the best but he's a seasoned Vet who's seen it all his whole career.

You go Jeff. Just continue to punch your critics in the mouth.