PDA

View Full Version : If our defense played like the '05 defense how many games would we have won.

LoyalSoldier
12-14-2007, 05:04 AM
Considering '05 was one of the last years our defense wasn't getting torched ever other down.I think our season would have been much better if the defense at least put up respectable numbers.

Oh well hypothetical questions don't do much huh?

SR
12-14-2007, 05:25 AM
Undefeated.

gobroncsnv
12-14-2007, 07:57 AM
Well, we know we would have lost to the Colts...

SR
12-14-2007, 08:05 AM
Well, we know we would have lost to the Colts...

Nope. Undefeated. Not even the 1972 Dolphins or 2007 Patriots could have beat us.

FYI, I'm being totally sarcastic.

To be honest, we wouldn't have done any better. The Steelers would still have beaten us.

Watchthemiddle
12-14-2007, 12:17 PM
Even with a dominant defense this season, our offense still wouldn't of put up any more points. No one can deny the fact that the offense has had plenty of chances to score but hasn't.

Perhaps the playbook is still vanilla for the young QB and that is why the imagination of play calling hasn't been consistent thus leading to us holding back on offense. :whoknows:

silkamilkamonico
12-14-2007, 12:59 PM
Even with a dominant defense this season, our offense still wouldn't of put up any more points. No one can deny the fact that the offense has had plenty of chances to score but hasn't.

Perhaps the playbook is still vanilla for the young QB and that is why the imagination of play calling hasn't been consistent thus leading to us holding back on offense. :whoknows:

Yes.

For as bad as our defense has been, I'm severely disappointed with our offenses inability to actually score points.

Especially considering we have more weapons on offense this year then we've had since the SuperBowl years.

Medford Bronco
12-14-2007, 01:19 PM
I think we would go 10-6 with that defense and this offense

still have issues on the o line and at WR with Walkers injury

we need health for the most part

drink some OJ Bronco players :laugh:
and take your vitamins

LoyalSoldier
12-14-2007, 03:55 PM

Yet if you look at it our average starting position has been last in the league and that is partly due to our defensive struggles. We would be in a position to score more points if our defense could get off the field before the 50 yard line.

gobroncsnv
12-14-2007, 08:26 PM
And allow more possession time for us...

Stargazer
12-15-2007, 02:44 AM
Leading the division.

Lonestar
12-15-2007, 03:00 PM

Yes.

For as bad as our defense has been, I'm severely disappointed with our offenses inability to actually score points.

Especially considering we have more weapons on offense this year then we've had since the SuperBowl years.

tis the red zone that has killed us, almost all year and the worst part of that is inside the 5-10 yard line..

And then again against HOU their players were inspired by their coach. Not so sure that ours were..

Lonestar
12-15-2007, 03:01 PM
Leading the division.

WOW, like that is something to be proud of..

omac
12-15-2007, 03:08 PM
Yet if you look at it our average starting position has been last in the league and that is partly due to our defensive struggles. We would be in a position to score more points if our defense could get off the field before the 50 yard line.

You're right, Jaworski made that same comment about Denver when asked about their lack of redzone scoring; he said it's difficult when a team has to overcome so much yardage from poor field possition to score.

Stargazer
12-16-2007, 03:12 AM
WOW, like that is something to be proud of..

While it's not 13-0 good or Colts going 11-2, 8-5 or 9-4 is not too bad(before Texans game). It means the Broncos are heading to the playoffs where anything can happen. And I think that's a good thing.

Lonestar
12-16-2007, 03:49 AM
While it's not 13-0 good or Colts going 11-2, 8-5 or 9-4 is not too bad(before Texans game). It means the Broncos are heading to the playoffs where anything can happen. And I think that's a good thing.

You are not really serious about this team going into the playoffs are you?

broncosfanscott
12-17-2007, 02:01 AM
You're right, Jaworski made that same comment about Denver when asked about their lack of redzone scoring; he said it's difficult when a team has to overcome so much yardage from poor field possition to score.

It's not easy to produce 70-80 yard scoring drives.

Stargazer
12-18-2007, 02:22 AM
You are not really serious about this team going into the playoffs are you?

In a hypothetical thread, why not?:D

Stargazer
12-18-2007, 02:24 AM

Jaws is a Cutler homer. And I agree with him! The EVIL defense. The EVIL!!!: The D should burn!!!:laugh:

omac
12-18-2007, 04:25 AM
Jaws is a Cutler homer. And I agree with him! The EVIL defense. The EVIL!!!: The D should burn!!!:laugh:

Well, special teams gave them some help. :laugh: