PDA

View Full Version : Choice to get carries despite Barber

Denver Native (Carol)
10-03-2009, 03:31 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=4528623

Dallas Cowboys running back Marion Barber is listed as probable for Sunday's game in Denver, but that doesn't mean he will assume his normal role in the offense.

Second-year running back Tashard Choice will get the majority of the work at tailback Sunday, according to a source.

Barber made the trip to Denver and is expected to be active for the game, but there's still some uncertainty about how effective he can be with the left quadriceps injury. The Cowboys believe they can lean on Choice, based on how he performed in 2008. He had 62 carries for 325 yards and two touchdowns during a four-game stretch against the Steelers, Giants, Ravens and Eagles to end the season.

The Cowboys signed running back Chauncey Washington off their practice squad Saturday afternoon and released safety Marvin White to make room for him. With Felix Jones likely out with a knee injury for another game, there's a good chance Washington will remain on the 53-man roster until after next Sunday's game in Kansas City.

Barber was able to make it through full practices Thursday and Friday, but the Cowboys still wanted to protect themselves against the Broncos.

Bronco Warrior
10-03-2009, 03:48 PM
" protect themselves against the Broncos"...I like that! Choice is going to be ground chuck and they obviously think they need more help than a gimpy Barber! the Cowpies will be hating themselves tomorrow night!

OrangeHoof
10-03-2009, 08:16 PM
Choice to get carries despite Barber

If I didn't know this was about sports, I would think someone made the choice to get something despite a poor haircut.