PDA

View Full Version : Fired up about '08

Hawgdriver
12-14-2007, 12:18 AM
Like Dream, after early struggles, I've realized that this is a learning season. I really have pulled for the Broncos to win, but that has been tempered by the reality that we are not Patriot beaters this year.

I'm actually stoked after watching the game tonight, and I'll tell you why.

1. Faith in Shanny.

Look at Kubes and Kyle. You tell me that Mike's former pupils are not high caliber products! Sage was on fire to start the game. And just as Klis (or Armstrong) called it, the first on the board would be the dominant team. Sage was flawless to start the game. That is such a statement to Kyle's professionalism! The apple don't fall too far from the tree, and to see Kubes and Kyle perform at such a high level gives me a renewed confidence in Shanny. But--we are nearing the do or die phase of Shanny's last stand. If he doesn't turn this team back into a Champion in the next 2-3 years, there will be some VERY pointed questions.

2. Young players.

Jay continues to show he's beast. You add B. Marsh and Schef in the mix, and you see why they are confident. That's what I want to see. These guys are good--damn good--and they are about to be great. Add in the potential of the young line and Doom, along with Selvin Young--although all of them were not as convincing tonight--and you have reasons to be amped. This is a team with some very strong promise. It's almost like the scouts, Ted, and Shanny are about to be validated. We're close to evolving into a young, dominant team. But time is running out--Lynch, Champ, and Bly will not be this amazing for much longer. Suddenly the secondary looks merely vulnerable and every other aspect of the team that doesn't involve Cutler, Doom, Marshall, Young, Scheffler, and DJ looks forsaken. Good work by the young O-line against an upstart Texans d-line--one that makes me covetous.

3. Brandon Marshall.

Beast. This coming offseason is the key to the Broncos future. If Jay and Brandon commit to their vision of NFL dominance, and we see improvements to the defense, we have the formula for NFL ascendancy.

Montana -> Rice, Favre -> Sharpe, Aikman -> Irvin, Young -> Rice, ... ok, you get the idea...

Cutler -> Marshall

That's the only way to the Superbowl in the next five years. To me, it's a reality. Let's believe.

omac
12-14-2007, 12:54 AM
The only really negative thing about this season, besides the losses, is that I don't think the defense we're using now is the defense Bates wants to install, so in terms of that, it's a wasted part of the Broncos' development as a team.

Stargazer
12-14-2007, 12:58 AM
Sage was on fire to start the game.

That just sounds so wrong... Just sounds so wrong....

omac
12-14-2007, 01:08 AM

You mean like saying the Broncos couldn't stop McCown? :D

topscribe
12-14-2007, 01:10 AM
Like Dream, after early struggles, I've realized that this is a learning season. I really have pulled for the Broncos to win, but that has been tempered by the reality that we are not Patriot beaters this year.

I'm actually stoked after watching the game tonight, and I'll tell you why.

1. Faith in Shanny.

Look at Kubes and Kyle. You tell me that Mike's former pupils are not high caliber products! Sage was on fire to start the game. And just as Klis (or Armstrong) called it, the first on the board would be the dominant team. Sage was flawless to start the game. That is such a statement to Kyle's professionalism! The apple don't fall too far from the tree, and to see Kubes and Kyle perform at such a high level gives me a renewed confidence in Shanny. But--we are nearing the do or die phase of Shanny's last stand. If he doesn't turn this team back into a Champion in the next 2-3 years, there will be some VERY pointed questions.

2. Young players.

Jay continues to show he's beast. You add B. Marsh and Schef in the mix, and you see why they are confident. That's what I want to see. These guys are good--damn good--and they are about to be great. Add in the potential of the young line and Doom, along with Selvin Young--although all of them were not as convincing tonight--and you have reasons to be amped. This is a team with some very strong promise. It's almost like the scouts, Ted, and Shanny are about to be validated. We're close to evolving into a young, dominant team. But time is running out--Lynch, Champ, and Bly will not be this amazing for much longer. Suddenly the secondary looks merely vulnerable and every other aspect of the team that doesn't involve Cutler, Doom, Marshall, Young, Scheffler, and DJ looks forsaken. Good work by the young O-line against an upstart Texans d-line--one that makes me covetous.

3. Brandon Marshall.

Beast. This coming offseason is the key to the Broncos future. If Jay and Brandon commit to their vision of NFL dominance, and we see improvements to the defense, we have the formula for NFL ascendancy.

Montana -> Rice, Favre -> Sharpe, Aikman -> Irvin, Young -> Rice, ... ok, you get the idea...

Cutler -> Marshall

That's the only way to the Superbowl in the next five years. To me, it's a reality. Let's believe.

There are other young players who are also going to be good: Young, Hall,
Martinez, Kuper, Myers, Pears (yes, Pears), Thomas, Dumervil, Crowder,
and Moss.

Young veterans who keep getting better are Peterson, D.J., Abdullah,
Foxworth, Paymah, and Winborn.

I'm not certain it is going to take all of five years to get to the Super Bowl.
I would even venture to say it may be anytime within the next five years.

-----

Stargazer
12-14-2007, 01:13 AM
You mean like saying the Broncos couldn't stop McCown? :D

Jack Daniels is very tasty right now. Don't ruin my buzz.:beer:

LoyalSoldier
12-14-2007, 01:17 AM
This is one of those seasons I call a "teaser season" it sucks, but it shows you enough to keep you ready for the next.

omac
12-14-2007, 01:41 AM
Jack Daniels is very tasty right now. Don't ruin my buzz.:beer:

Here's to the superbowl next season :beer:

pnbronco
12-14-2007, 02:42 AM
This is one of those seasons I call a "teaser season" it sucks, but it shows you enough to keep you ready for the next.

Yup LS, you got that right.

Tned
12-14-2007, 03:39 AM
The only really negative thing about this season, besides the losses, is that I don't think the defense we're using now is the defense Bates wants to install, so in terms of that, it's a wasted part of the Broncos' development as a team.

Agreed, but hopefully the offense has matured to the point that next year they can consistantly score high 20's, low 30's and overcome some defensive lapses, as they have done in years past.

BaiLeY324
12-14-2007, 07:36 AM
Only problem I have with looking to next season, is waiting. Knowing that it may not be until next September until we experience another win is ugh.

SR
12-14-2007, 07:45 AM

LMFAOBRUSHFIRES!!!!!!

Hawgdriver
12-14-2007, 01:23 PM
LMFAOBRUSHFIRES!!!!!!

When I think about how lit I was last night, I'm amazed I put most of the words in the right order...did I even have a point? Ah! Now I remember...

brushfires...
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p204/hawgdriver/onionfire_finger.jpg

Watchthemiddle
12-14-2007, 01:52 PM
I think instead of saying I am fired up about 08, I will say I am fired up about 2010.

The same thing people are saying right now about 08, is the same thing people said after last year. Everyone was so fired up about 07, not realizing that its going to be the beginning of a rebuilding process.

Yes, I said it again, this is a rebuilding year, next will be, and the year to follow.

Teams need time to gell. A young QB needs time to actually learn the playbook so it can be opened up. He needs time to mesh with the players and coaches around him. Offensive lines need time to work together. Who knows if we will have the same O line next year, but if not, thats going to take time for the new guys to work together. Same for the D line. We have to keep a stable of players on both lines. We can't keep changing them up. D line I believe has a good young core, but they will need time to learn to work as a unit. Same can be said about the entire defense.

THe more we continue to get rid of players and bring in new players, the longer it will take for this team to go anywhere. Hopefully, we can keep the core on offense and defense together to build around.

Here's to 2010..:beer:

broncofanatic1987
12-14-2007, 02:26 PM
I think instead of saying I am fired up about 08, I will say I am fired up about 2010.

The same thing people are saying right now about 08, is the same thing people said after last year. Everyone was so fired up about 07, not realizing that its going to be the beginning of a rebuilding process.

Yes, I said it again, this is a rebuilding year, next will be, and the year to follow.

Teams need time to gell. A young QB needs time to actually learn the playbook so it can be opened up. He needs time to mesh with the players and coaches around him. Offensive lines need time to work together. Who knows if we will have the same O line next year, but if not, thats going to take time for the new guys to work together. Same for the D line. We have to keep a stable of players on both lines. We can't keep changing them up. D line I believe has a good young core, but they will need time to learn to work as a unit. Same can be said about the entire defense.

THe more we continue to get rid of players and bring in new players, the longer it will take for this team to go anywhere. Hopefully, we can keep the core on offense and defense together to build around.

Considering the fact that Bates turned two defenses into top ten performers in one year each, I wouldn't rule out next year as a year the Broncos compete for the AFC crown. Who knows exactly why the defense has sucked all year? If Bates can figure it out and get it fixed by next season, the Broncos could go a long way in 2008. It might just be a matter of getting the right defensive tackles and perhaps a linebacker or two. Maybe we don't have as much talent on defense as some of us like to think. Or, maybe the talent on the defense isn't the right talent for the scheme. Whichever is the case, hopefully the coaches get it fixed soon. If they do, 2008 could be good times for Broncos fans.

Lonestar
12-14-2007, 05:12 PM

I think if they can mend some gaping holes on the team, that many of those players (kiddies this year) that had to come in will make this team stronger next year.

Make no mistake about it a solid Hanesworth type player at DT would almost solidify this team..
But then we would have to have a few spots with solid backups..

Losing one payer last year wiped the team out Lepsis..

This year we dropped alot of folks, or I should say a lot of players dropped on the battlefield.

This team is not near the NE team, but a few key players here and there could with out injuries we have had the past coupe of years, make us very competitive next year and for many years to come..

We have a solid base of skill players. Now all we have to do is control the LOS on both sides of the ball.