PDA

View Full Version : A Stokley story for everyone

Denver Native (Carol)
10-03-2009, 01:54 PM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/sports/2009/10/02/a-stokley-story-for-everyone/

by Mike Chambers on October 2, 2009

(I was sent the following letter from Matt Kaltenberger, who attended the Broncos’ season-opening win Sept. 13 at Cincinnati. I think this belongs under “All Colorado Sports” because there’s something here for everyone to appreciate.)

My son’s name is Josh and he is 8 years old. And if I could I’d like to give thanks where I believe it is due.

Last year I took my son to the Browns vs. Broncos game – a nail biter that the Broncos pulled out in the end. After the game Brandon Stokley made his way over to the fans and handed Josh a pair of his game worn gloves. You’ll never know what that meant to a young football fanatic or to his dad.

What is even more amazing is, we were at the game yesterday (Sept. 13). During warm ups, Brandon Stokley again came over to the sideline and again made a big impression on my son. He tossed a football up to him and smiled at him. It was huge. It’s so amazing to me that he took the time on 2 separate occasions, in 2 separate cities, to make an effort to interact with the fans.

In a society that tends to shine light mainly on the negative things that athletes do, I would like to shine some light on the positive influence that one athlete had when he took the time to do the right thing. In world of whiny wide receivers who don’t have time for the fans, and always want more money, as a parent, I think more attention needs to be given to guys like Brandon Stokley – not only did he make the game winning play, but he touched my son’s life in a unique way and will be my son’s hero for years.

Bronco Warrior
10-03-2009, 03:15 PM
Stokely is a class act! Always has been!

Bronco4ever
10-03-2009, 04:52 PM
I went to the Chiefs game in Denver in December of 2007. Stokley tossed a ball up in the stands to the boy I was standing next to. The story was that the boy and his dad were sold counterfeit tickets for a prior game, and upon hearing this, DJ's mom bought them tickets and went to the game with them. The whole team really helped out on that one. I'm proud to be cheering for these guys on Sundays! :salute:

Nickademus
10-04-2009, 12:56 AM
I went to the Chiefs game in Denver in December of 2007. Stokley tossed a ball up in the stands to the boy I was standing next to. The story was that the boy and his dad were sold counterfeit tickets for a prior game, and upon hearing this, DJ's mom bought them tickets and went to the game with them. The whole team really helped out on that one. I'm proud to be cheering for these guys on Sundays! :salute:

dude I really want to read your post but I cant get past felps spitting fire and stuff. it just makes me laugh nice red eyes!

McKeough
10-04-2009, 01:53 AM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/sports/2009/10/02/a-stokley-story-for-everyone/

by Mike Chambers on October 2, 2009

(I was sent the following letter from Matt Kaltenberger, who attended the Broncos’ season-opening win Sept. 13 at Cincinnati. I think this belongs under “All Colorado Sports” because there’s something here for everyone to appreciate.)

My son’s name is Josh and he is 8 years old. And if I could I’d like to give thanks where I believe it is due.

Last year I took my son to the Browns vs. Broncos game – a nail biter that the Broncos pulled out in the end. After the game Brandon Stokley made his way over to the fans and handed Josh a pair of his game worn gloves. You’ll never know what that meant to a young football fanatic or to his dad.

What is even more amazing is, we were at the game yesterday (Sept. 13). During warm ups, Brandon Stokley again came over to the sideline and again made a big impression on my son. He tossed a football up to him and smiled at him. It was huge. It’s so amazing to me that he took the time on 2 separate occasions, in 2 separate cities, to make an effort to interact with the fans.

In a society that tends to shine light mainly on the negative things that athletes do, I would like to shine some light on the positive influence that one athlete had when he took the time to do the right thing. In world of whiny wide receivers who don’t have time for the fans, and always want more money, as a parent, I think more attention needs to be given to guys like Brandon Stokley – not only did he make the game winning play, but he touched my son’s life in a unique way and will be my son’s hero for years.

I remember both of these original stories!

Yes, I am very proud to be a Bronco fan when our players are going above and beyond and taking the time to do that sort of thing.

It really is refreshing to see in today's prima-donna league -- I'm sure it happens a lot more than we think, but only the negatives ever get the attention of the media!

Dirk
10-04-2009, 04:19 AM
Way to go Stokes! I love hearing things like this. It shows that some of the players care a little. Good for him!