PDA

View Full Version : FIRE SHANAHAN! Hire Charlie Weis!

UnderArmour
12-13-2007, 11:33 PM
Charlie Weis is a REAL offensive mastermind who lead the Irish to a multiple win season unlike our current loser head coach Shanahan. This is the NFL! Losing is just unacceptable. Charlie Weis is a winner, Shanahan is not. We need Weis.

I'm joking but I'm sure there is a serious thread on Bronco's Country about this.

Escobar
12-13-2007, 11:34 PM
haha charlie weis......you couldn't of chosen someone better? look at his notre dame team this year :laugh:

tyrone willingham >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> charlie wies

TXBRONC
12-13-2007, 11:34 PM
Charlie Weis is a REAL offensive mastermind who lead the Irish to a multiple win season unlike our current loser head coach Shanahan. This is the NFL! Losing is just unacceptable. Charlie Weis is a winner, Shanahan is not. We need Weis.

I'm joking but I'm sure there is a serious thread on Bronco's Country about this.

I'm sure there will be several over on Broncomania.

BANJOPICKER1
12-13-2007, 11:39 PM
Charlie Weis is a REAL offensive mastermind who lead the Irish to a multiple win season unlike our current loser head coach Shanahan. This is the NFL! Losing is just unacceptable.

Oh for the love of,,,get a grip!!Hey,perhaps we can get the Tuna out of retirement????:D
Thats gotta be better than Shanny hey??:D

sneakers
12-13-2007, 11:41 PM
I love the threads over there....they are entertaining. The only reason I like it when the Broncos lose is that the threads over there are so entertaining.

Stargazer
12-13-2007, 11:50 PM
I love the threads over there....they are entertaining. The only reason I like it when the Broncos lose is that the threads over there are so entertaining.

They are.:laugh:

But, damn sometimes it's beyond stupid.

Medford Bronco
12-13-2007, 11:54 PM
I say bring Back Red Miller or even

John Ralston the first Denver coach in 1973 to have a winning record :D

Requiem / The Dagda
12-14-2007, 12:02 AM
On an honest note, I think that Shanahan and Bates are getting a lot of undeserved criticism. By no means should either be fired, because you have to look at things in perspective. We've lost so many good players (starters, veterans with leadership experience and a good mental approach to the game) that we've crumbled due to poor personnel at certain positions and a lack of experience at others.

We need to give it time. Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither can a football franchise that's experiencing the amounts of changes we have over the past season. Get Cutler the right tools to succeed, and allow Jim Bates to hand pick players that fit his defensive scheme and buy into the sort of system he wants to run here. Obviously it worked defensively in Green Bay, and this offense is reaping the benefits of a successful 2006 drafting campaign that netted us three budding stars on offense, and a up and coming guard in Chris Kuper.

Unfortunately, Denver has been on the wrong side of the injury bug and their hopes this year have fell down to the ground. Injuries are part of the game. Is it true that the great teams can overcome them? Yep -- but we're not that great of a team. We're just average, if we can even call this group average.

We just need to chin up, put things into perspective and hope for the best in the future. Getting some quality free agents, allowing some players to heal and drafting some talent will do that. As much as the off-season pains most of you, it's really going to be a blessing for me this year - and in reality, the team. For some, including myself - it couldn't come soon enough because watching this team is like waiting for the rapture, or spending eternity in purgatory. Pick your poison. I'd rather choose neither.

TXBRONC
12-14-2007, 12:08 AM
I say bring Back Red Miller or even

John Ralston the first Denver coach in 1973 to have a winning record :D

Is Ralston still alive? (Seriously)

Medford Bronco
12-14-2007, 12:09 AM

I have no idea TX I was not trying to be mean

just funny

TXBRONC
12-14-2007, 12:12 AM
I have no idea TX I was not trying to be mean

just funny

I know you were being funny. But when you said it made me wonder if he's still alive. I think he passed away but I'm not sure.

omac
12-14-2007, 12:49 AM
Dan Reeves :eek: :D

omac
12-14-2007, 12:49 AM
or Bobby Petrino :laugh:

Stargazer
12-14-2007, 12:51 AM
Dan Reeves :eek: :D

Wade Phillips?:cool:

omac
12-14-2007, 12:56 AM
Wade Phillips?:cool:

Better yet, let's steal Norv Turner or Mike Nolan. :D

Escobar
12-14-2007, 12:57 AM
marty is out there

omac
12-14-2007, 01:06 AM
marty is out there

You guys would probably have a better defense if you got him; your offensive coordinator, though, is really good.

SR
12-14-2007, 02:05 AM
On an honest note, I think that Shanahan and Bates are getting a lot of undeserved criticism. By no means should either be fired, because you have to look at things in perspective. We've lost so many good players (starters, veterans with leadership experience and a good mental approach to the game) that we've crumbled due to poor personnel at certain positions and a lack of experience at others.

We need to give it time. Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither can a football franchise that's experiencing the amounts of changes we have over the past season. Get Cutler the right tools to succeed, and allow Jim Bates to hand pick players that fit his defensive scheme and buy into the sort of system he wants to run here. Obviously it worked defensively in Green Bay, and this offense is reaping the benefits of a successful 2006 drafting campaign that netted us three budding stars on offense, and a up and coming guard in Chris Kuper.

Unfortunately, Denver has been on the wrong side of the injury bug and their hopes this year have fell down to the ground. Injuries are part of the game. Is it true that the great teams can overcome them? Yep -- but we're not that great of a team. We're just average, if we can even call this group average.

We just need to chin up, put things into perspective and hope for the best in the future. Getting some quality free agents, allowing some players to heal and drafting some talent will do that. As much as the off-season pains most of you, it's really going to be a blessing for me this year - and in reality, the team. For some, including myself - it couldn't come soon enough because watching this team is like waiting for the rapture, or spending eternity in purgatory. Pick your poison. I'd rather choose neither.

Count on Chris to bring some sensability and reasoning to a ridiculous thread.

Charlie Weis. ROFLHEARTATTACK

FIRE SHANAHAN! HIRE......JOHN BONHAM!!!

Lonestar
12-15-2007, 03:13 PM

Pat is this really Pat Bowlen speaking?

Seriously your correct in your assessment.. There are many reason for this teams failures this year mainly NO ONE wanted to believe it would be a rebuilding year..

With as many kiddies having to play this year for various reasons, injuries, not having anyone better than they are.

But this all boils down to bad personnel decisions for several years from about 2000 to 2005 there was a real drought in drafting quality players.. 2004 was well beyond belief.

Mikey as a HEAD Coach not many better than he is, although the HOU game could be seen as proof otherwise. AS A GM he stinks or at least did stink.. His last two drafts have been real good ones as it appears as we speak..

Lonestar
12-15-2007, 03:15 PM
marty is out there

yep just the guy you want to lead your team to the playoffs!!!!!!!!!

The one head coach with a great regular season record but has yet to win a big game in the playoffs. In fact not sure he has ever won one in the playoffs..

TXBRONC
12-15-2007, 05:33 PM
yep just the guy you want to lead your team to the playoffs!!!!!!!!!

The one head coach with a great regular season record but has yet to win a big game in the playoffs. In fact not sure he has ever won one in the playoffs..

Yes he's won at least three playoff games. Remember he faced off against the Broncos in three AFC Championship games with Browns. So the Browns had to have one at least one game each of those years the Broncos faced them in the Championship game.

lex
12-15-2007, 07:31 PM
Id rather stick with Shanahan. I think when you look at other options you realize how fortunate we are. Yeah, there have been some bad personnel decisions but weve won consistently in spite of that even with 2 mediocre QBs. There has been way too much roster turnover this year either from youth or injury so its hard to really evaluate this year. One thing that has happened though is that our guys have played really well at times and against good teams but theyve been really inconsistent.

Lonestar
12-15-2007, 08:25 PM
Yes he's won at least three playoff games. Remember he faced off against the Broncos in three AFC Championship games with Browns. So the Browns had to have one at least one game each of those years the Broncos faced them in the Championship game.

Are you sure they did not have a bye two of those times, it seems to me we played in their house twice..

But no matter they or any of his teams never got to the big important game did they.. He always had a team that choked. Or was it him that choked in big games?

Watchthemiddle
12-15-2007, 08:34 PM
marty is out there

I sure would like to make the playoffs again.

West
12-15-2007, 08:36 PM
I just fell in love with this board after reading this thread! This would have been blasphemy over on broncomania and everyone that participated in the thread would be banned! Hahahaha

TXBRONC
12-15-2007, 10:02 PM
Are you sure they did not have a bye two of those times, it seems to me we played in their house twice..

But no matter they or any of his teams never got to the big important game did they.. He always had a team that choked. Or was it him that choked in big games?

Yeah I'm sure. To get to a Conference Championship game a team has to win at least one game even if you have a bye for the first round.

Denver only played "The Drive" game in Cleveland. The other two AFC Championship games were played in Denver.

Lonestar
12-15-2007, 10:07 PM
Yeah I'm sure. To get to a Conference Championship game a team has to win at least one game even if you have a bye for the first round.

Denver only played "The Drive" game in Cleveland. The other two AFC Championship games were played in Denver.

thanks for the info.

HE still sucks in BIG games..

TXBRONC
12-15-2007, 10:09 PM
thanks for the info.

HE still sucks in BIG games..

I don't disagree, because he plays not lose rather than playing to win.

Lonestar
12-15-2007, 10:10 PM
I don't disagree, because he plays not lose rather than playing to win.

Finally we agree on something :beer:

East Coast Fan
12-15-2007, 10:16 PM

He's 80 years-old and still alive. He was on last year's DVD "The History of the Denver Broncos".

TXBRONC
12-15-2007, 10:20 PM
He's 80 years-old and still alive. He was on last year's DVD "The History of the Denver Broncos".

Thanks for information ECF.

Simple Jaded
12-16-2007, 12:22 AM
haha charlie weis......you couldn't of chosen someone better? look at his notre dame team this year :laugh:

tyrone willingham >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> charlie wies

I know this thread is supposed to be a joke, but this statement isn't, it's the absolute truth!

Our Lady Of The Worthless Miracle made a huge mistake firing Willingham for Weis......

Broncos Mtnman
12-16-2007, 12:41 AM

Actually, he's 5-13 in the playoffs.

And he only faced the Broncos twice in the AFC Championship in 86 and 87. Bud Carson was the head coach in the 89 AFCC game.

Simple Jaded
12-16-2007, 12:48 AM
Pat is this really Pat Bowlen speaking?

Seriously your correct in your assessment.. There are many reason for this teams failures this year mainly NO ONE wanted to believe it would be a rebuilding year..

With as many kiddies having to play this year for various reasons, injuries, not having anyone better than they are.

But this all boils down to bad personnel decisions for several years from about 2000 to 2005 there was a real drought in drafting quality players.. 2004 was well beyond belief.

Mikey as a HEAD Coach not many better than he is, although the HOU game could be seen as proof otherwise. AS A GM he stinks or at least did stink.. His last two drafts have been real good ones as it appears as we speak..

Don't forget 1999, Jr, when Shanahan had his worst draft ever.

With 6 picks in the top 127 picks he only got something of use from only Al Wilson with his No1 (31st overall), and Olandis Gary with the 127th pick.

Sangwiched between these two players were:

Montae Reagor at 58....Lennie Freakin Freidman at 61....Chris Watson at 67....And the immortal Travis "My daddy knows Mike Shanahan" McGriff at 93!

It should be noted that David Bowens (No 158) and Desmond Clark (No 179) went on to be pretty good players.....With other teams.

This was the daft when I began to think Shanahan is an idiot....He also drafted Marcus Nash and Eric Brown in 98, although, at least Brown finished out his contract with Denver.

I'd also like to point out that the 04 draft produced DJ Williams....I like Williams quite a bit.

But Josh Sewell never made it to training camp and any draft that includes Bradlee Van Pelt should be considered a joke.

It should also be noted that his drafts (even his best drafts) are failing to provide any depth......

SR
12-16-2007, 02:10 AM

Great DVD too.

Lonestar
12-16-2007, 03:38 AM
Don't forget 1999, Jr, when Shanahan had his worst draft ever.

With 6 picks in the top 127 picks he only got something of use from only Al Wilson with his No1 (31st overall), and Olandis Gary with the 127th pick.

Sangwiched between these two players were:

Montae Reagor at 58....Lennie Freakin Freidman at 61....Chris Watson at 67....And the immortal Travis "My daddy knows Mike Shanahan" McGriff at 93!

It should be noted that David Bowens (No 158) and Desmond Clark (No 179) went on to be pretty good players.....With other teams.

This was the daft when I began to think Shanahan is an idiot....He also drafted Marcus Nash and Eric Brown in 98, although, at least Brown finished out his contract with Denver.

I'd also like to point out that the 04 draft produced DJ Williams....I like Williams quite a bit.

But Josh Sewell never made it to training camp and any draft that includes Bradlee Van Pelt should be considered a joke.

It should also be noted that his drafts (even his best drafts) are failing to provide any depth......

I had forgotten about that year also here are some more dumb moves.

Actually Monte reagor is I believe starting in INDY or had been until at least last year..

He was drafted when we were rich in talent form Super bowl teams and he never got a chance to be on the field I think we traded him to Indy for a meatball sub..

Mikey has drafted some pretty good LB's but all have been picked in the middle first to middle second choices.

But beyond that and price his first rounders have been busts until last year 2006..
1996 mobley @15
97 pryce 28
98 nash 30
99 wilson 31
00 delta 15
01 middlebroken 24
02 ashley 19
03 foster 20
04 DJ 17
05 none

The only IMO that was worth a one prior to DJ was Al who could not tackle Wilson great hitter and team leader but rarely wrapped up and tackle..

Look at all those wasted picks
97 could a had Ross Verba, Jamie Sharper, Tiki Barber, Cory Dillon or Sam Madison
98 Flozell Adams, Patrick Surtain
99 pretty good pic but Kevin Johnson, Mike RUcker, Dre Bly could have been broncos
00 Julian Peterson,JAnikowski, Shaun Alexander, CHRIS HOVAN, Keith Bullock or Mike brown
01 Freddy Mitchell, Michael Bennett, Reggie Wayne, Quincy Morgan, Drew Brees, Alger crumpler, Chad Johnson, Kendre ll Bell, Aaron Schobel or Chris Chambers.
02 Javon Walker, Daniel Graham, ED REED,
03 maghee, Larry Johnson, Nick Barnett, Anquan Boldin, mike doss, Lance Briggs or LJ Smith
04 Vince Wilfork, Kenechi Udeze, Steven Jackson, Igor Olshansky,Ben Troupe

Lots of talent we by passed for less than stellar picks in most of those drafts.
Most of those draft choices did not pan out for DEN. DJ, price and Al.
Price IMO was a talented guy but was mishandled from almost day one..

SR
12-16-2007, 04:03 AM
Mobley was anything but a bust. That guy was a beast of a linebacker and one of my all-time favorite Broncos. Watch your tongue Jimbo...I'll have to hunt you down in May or June when I'm driving through the pass.

Lonestar
12-16-2007, 11:44 AM
Mobley was anything but a bust. That guy was a beast of a linebacker and one of my all-time favorite Broncos. Watch your tongue Jimbo...I'll have to hunt you down in May or June when I'm driving through the pass.

I never said he was a bust I said if you read all my posts that LB is about the only position that mikey can find his ass with both hands with.. I do not put him on the same level I do DJ and then Al but he was a great LB before he was injured.. Certainly better than gold.