PDA

View Full Version : Broncos soon to be 3-1...... then 3-5.... JMO

the_turtle
10-02-2009, 01:00 AM
Hello Bronco nation!

First let me say that I'm not trying to offend anyone, the opinions I give here are real and not put forth without thought. I consider myself a realist and not a homer... For example, I did pick us to lose the Giants game. I don't think the Cowboys are a great team, I dont don't see them winning the superbowl, in fact they'll be fortunate to make the playoffs. However, I think their weakness' won't really show up until later in the season.

As for this game........

The Denver Defense - This is obviously a unit that's on the rise, but they're not a top-10 defense at seasons end. 16 points allowed in 3 games is impressive, no matter who you're playing, but that's just more reason for them to come back down to earth this week. The Broncos ranked 29th in total defense last year, and don't think the additions of Hill, Dawkins, Ayers, and Goodman, will turn them into a dominate defense overnight.

The Denver Offense - This offense would scare me more if Cutler was still there, but I'm sorry, I have no respect for Orton as a play-maker. The one good thing I can say about Orton, is that he usually won't turn the ball over making dumb throws. Royal is a stud, I don't think anyone on the Cowboys could keep up with him on the fly-route, luckily the deep-ball is a weakness for Orton. Marshall is also a beast... Scheffler is under-rated as a pass-catching TE... The ground game remains stout in Denver.

I also have a ton of respect for the Denver home advantage. The Bronco fans are loud and proud and the altitude could be a factor.

But in the end............

I don't think the Broncos can hold Dallas under 24 points, and I don't think the Denver offense can score 24 points. So obviously I think Dallas will win... If Felix were playing, I would be predicting a slightly wider margin of victory... As it is, I think Dallas wins this one by 7-13 points. The only way I see Denver winning this game, is if Romo has a repeat of the Giants game, and I don't see that happening this week.

27-17 Cowboys.... Hope we get an entertaining and injury-free game....

PS - I guess you could say I'm a non-believer, or a "hater" if you prefer, but I think the Broncos are about to embark on a 5 game losing streak. Not trying to hate, just calling it like I see it......

sneakers
10-02-2009, 01:02 AM
Perhaps you haven't noticed that the Cowboys are overrated....they are every single year! They have not won a playoff game since 1996 or so. Did they make the playoffs last year?

Shazam!
10-02-2009, 01:09 AM
I'm sure I'm not the only one getting sick of arrogant Cowboys fans by now.

Bronco Warrior
10-02-2009, 02:41 AM
What a delusional Homer! First of all Tony Romo chocks in every big game and if you think this isn't a big game for the CowGirls too you are fooling yourself. Also here is the number of passing Touchdowns our dominant Secondary have given up ZERO! You have no receivers that could play on our squad let alone start and Witten is easy to shut-down if you know what you are doing. Your run defense has only been stout against Tampa 0-3 and behind the whole game and the Panthers again 0-3 and had to pass.

Bronco Warrior
10-02-2009, 02:47 AM
Hello Bronco nation!

27-17 Cowboys.... Hope we get an entertaining and injury-free game......

You have dirty players like Flozilla and Jones leg whipping everybody in sight to make up for a fatass' lack of skills and you are hoping for an injury free game? That's like Micheal Jackson fans hoping to end child-molesting at sleep-overs!

Canmore
10-02-2009, 04:13 AM
That's like Micheal Jackson fans hoping to end child-molesting at sleep-overs!

Too funny!

threefolddead
10-02-2009, 04:36 AM
Only someone slightly worried about their team would take the time to go to another message board and tell everyone how they are going to beat them this week. You come here with the same crap we heard all during off-season about why we wouldn't even win three games so please, bring some facts, bring some football, but don't bring the self-reassuring crap that you Cowboys fans seem to need to bring here this week to make yourselves feel better. It is really getting on my nerves.

sneakers
10-02-2009, 05:20 AM
Only someone slightly worried about their team would take the time to go to another message board and tell everyone how they are going to beat them this week. You come here with the same crap we heard all during off-season about why we wouldn't even win three games so please, bring some facts, bring some football, but don't bring the self-reassuring crap that you Cowboys fans seem to need to bring here this week to make yourselves feel better. It is really getting on my nerves.

I dunno...it is pretty entertaining.

SOCALORADO.
10-02-2009, 07:56 AM
Tony homo=jake plummer
cowgirls=overrated
den 30
dal 20

SR
10-02-2009, 08:05 AM
Cowboy fans like this are the ones that give the good Cowboys fans a bad rap. I live in Texas. I know how THAT goes. There are plenty of idiots around in this state...but not enough to call it IOWA.

Thnikkaman
10-02-2009, 08:11 AM
Cowboy fans like this are the ones that give the good Cowboys fans a bad rap. I live in Texas. I know how THAT goes. There are plenty of idiots around in this state...but not enough to call it IOWA.

IOWA -

Intelligence
Others
Worry
About

Remember that most of your Avionics Equipment come from the state of Iowa Seeing Red.

MOtorboat
10-02-2009, 08:23 AM
Remember that most of your Avionics Equipment come from the state of Iowa Seeing Red.

They hire out of state people to build it.

:coffee:

Thnikkaman
10-02-2009, 08:45 AM

Actually, all of our Circuit boards are built & designed in house.

MOtorboat
10-02-2009, 08:56 AM
Actually, all of our Circuit boards are built & designed in house.

By people born in other states.

My point still stands.

Thnikkaman
10-02-2009, 08:58 AM
By people born in other states.

My point still stands.

I happen to be one of those people.

EastCoastBronco
10-02-2009, 09:02 AM
Most newcomers start with a post in the Introduction thread before they start talking smack. Great first post....wanker.

Fmart322
10-02-2009, 09:07 AM
Perhaps you haven't noticed that the Cowboys are overrated....they are every single year! They have not won a playoff game since 1996 or so. Did they make the playoffs last year?

The Cowboys do get somewhat over hyped, I agree with you there. But last years team just came off a 13-3 season so how can you not think they wouldn't be good again. They started a rise with B.Parcells and have done pretty well since.

The hype the Cowboys get is because they get a lot of ESPN times, not all of it good though. The Cowboys might have the most fans, and the most non fans, in the NFL and when your a sports based TV startion and you want ratings you cater to that. ESPN has turned into a TMZ type of station with all of their show. They follow TO around just waiting for him to screw up, they say things about how Romo is a turnover machine yet when Favre does anything like that his a gunslinger. They are hypocrites.

Now, I agree that this next few weeks will tell a lot about your Broncos and if I were a fan of your team I would be looking forward to these next 5 games. Hard games make teams better, soft schedules don't.

Good luck.
________
Los Angeles Dispensaries (http://dispensaries.org/)

Fmart322
10-02-2009, 09:09 AM

Every team has arrogant fans. Try dealing with Eagles, Redskins and Giants fans. Sheesh!
________
312PB (http://www.ferrari-wiki.com/wiki/Ferrari_312PB)

Fmart322
10-02-2009, 09:17 AM
What a delusional Homer! First of all Tony Homo chocks in every big game and if you think this isn't a big game for the CowFags too you are fooling yourself. Also here is the number of passing Touchdowns our dominant Secondary have given up ZERO! You have no receivers that could play on our squad let alone start and Witten is easy to shut-down if you know what you are doing. Your run defense has only been stout against Tampa 0-3 and behind the whole game and the Panthers again 0-3 and had to pass.

Define big games? Playoff games? Regular season games? A lot of times other factors lose the games and the loss is pinned on Romo.

0 Passing TD's against your team? Seriously, the broncos really haven't played teams so far with good weapons. You'll know more about your team over the next 5 weeks. With 3 games in so far it's way to soon to judge properly, don't you think?

The Broncos have a number of very good WR's, not doubting that buy to say that Witten is easy to shut down is just crazy. If it were so easy he wouldn't be one of the best TE's in all of football, would he?

The Cowboys run 'D' was weak vs the Buc's but pretty much shut down two of the top running teams last year. (Giants and Panthers)
________
Herbal health (http://herbalhealthshop.com)

Fmart322
10-02-2009, 09:21 AM
You have dirty players like Flozilla and Jones leg whipping everybody in sight to make up for a fatass' lack of skills and you are hoping for an injury free game? That's like Micheal Jackson fans hoping to end child-molesting at sleep-overs!

Flozell just started doing that this year, I don't understand why he's doing it and I'm not real proud of it. To say Felix Jones is a dirty player is way off base after getting fined for a leg whip where he never even came close to hitting the Panthers player. Bad fine by the NFL.

The Broncos OL has been known to be pretty dirty over the years with chop blocking so, like they say, people in glass houses.
________
Medical marijuana dispensaries (http://dispensaries.org/)

Bronco Warrior
10-02-2009, 09:39 AM
Flozell just started doing that this year, I don't understand why he's doing it and I'm not real proud of it. To say Felix Jones is a dirty player is way off base after getting fined for a leg whip where he never even came close to hitting the Panthers player. Bad fine by the NFL.

Flozilla has been a pathetic fat turd for years. He leads the league in penalties almost every year. And you don't just all or a sudden become a dirty player unless somebody is teaching it! Leg-whipping is about as punkass as Seymour and his hair-pulling

Also Skip Bayless picked you guys to beat us so you have no chance..lol! He says that Choice is reminding him of Emmit Smith. That's funny stuff right there!

SR
10-02-2009, 09:45 AM
IOWA -

Intelligence
Others
Worry
About

IOWA =
Idiots Out Wandering Around.

And most of our avionics equipment comes from Robins AFB, GA.

SR
10-02-2009, 09:47 AM
Every team has arrogant fans. Try dealing with Eagles, Redskins and Giants fans. Sheesh!

Texans are notorious for being some of the most arrogant people and bias people in the country. Don't try to pass that shit off to fans of other teams.

SR
10-02-2009, 09:48 AM
A lot of times other factors lose the games and the loss is pinned on Romo.

So I guess Romo's fumbled snap in the playoffs was someone else's fault?

LACES OUT DAN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fmart322
10-02-2009, 09:51 AM
Flozilla has been a pathetic fat turd for years. He leads the league in penalties almost every year. And you don't just all or a sudden become a dirty player unless somebody is teaching it! Leg-whipping is about as punkass as Seymour and his hair-pulling

Also Skip Bayless picked you guys to beat us so you have no chance..lol! He says that Choice is reminding him of Emmit Smith. That's funny stuff right there!

His penalties are false starts, he's good for 2 a game it seems. He's never been known as a dirty players before this season. Leg whipping is punk ass but not as punk ass and chop blocking imo. besides, he was fined for tripping, not leg whipping. Tripping doesn't carry a personal foul call, it's a 10 yard infraction. Nobody is teaching Flozell to be a dirty player, he's getting older and doesn't have what he used to have.

Choice is running a lot like Emmitt Smith. He has his style, deceptive speed, finds the hole, has very good vision and avoids the crowd. There's nothing funny about saying a player reminds them of a great player. It happens all the time in the NFL. I just doubt that Choice will ever be the guy who owns the all time rushing title.
________
Jeep hurricane (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Jeep_Hurricane)

Kaylore
10-02-2009, 09:54 AM
I still don't understand people picking us to lose the next five to ten games all in a row, simply because we traded Cutler and that somehow would magically make our entire team worse. And the predictions all seem to be completely dismissing our first three games like nothing can be taken away from them. They're so in disbelief that they're wrong they refuse to look at reality and keep waiting for what they thought was going to happen to happen.

Bronco Warrior
10-02-2009, 10:04 AM
Putting your leg out with the intent to take out the legs of another player is dirty..calling it tripping or a leg-wip doesn't make any difference. Outside of Dallas..he is considered dirty. Choice hasn't proven he can even carry the rock in a single game and be a difference and now he runs like Emmit? LMAO!!! That is funny I don't care who you are! The first time he meets WeaponX in the hole he will fumble the ball and curl up in the Fetal Position and suck his thumb! Barber will do better on a gimpy leg..but still not much. Ask Vargus,Bush, and McFadden about running against this Defense!

yardog
10-02-2009, 10:31 AM
Hello Bronco nation!

First let me say that I'm not trying to offend anyone, the opinions I give here are real and not put forth without thought. I consider myself a realist and not a homer... For example, I did pick us to lose the Giants game. I don't think the Cowboys are a great team, I dont don't see them winning the superbowl, in fact they'll be fortunate to make the playoffs. However, I think their weakness' won't really show up until later in the season.

As for this game........

The Denver Defense - This is obviously a unit that's on the rise, but they're not a top-10 defense at seasons end. 16 points allowed in 3 games is impressive, no matter who you're playing, but that's just more reason for them to come back down to earth this week. The Broncos ranked 29th in total defense last year, and don't think the additions of Hill, Dawkins, Ayers, and Goodman, will turn them into a dominate defense overnight.

The Denver Offense - This offense would scare me more if Cutler was still there, but I'm sorry, I have no respect for Orton as a play-maker. The one good thing I can say about Orton, is that he usually won't turn the ball over making dumb throws. Royal is a stud, I don't think anyone on the Cowboys could keep up with him on the fly-route, luckily the deep-ball is a weakness for Orton. Marshall is also a beast... Scheffler is under-rated as a pass-catching TE... The ground game remains stout in Denver.

I also have a ton of respect for the Denver home advantage. The Bronco fans are loud and proud and the altitude could be a factor.

I don't think the Broncos can hold Dallas under 24 points, and I don't think the Denver offense can score 24 points. So obviously I think Dallas will win... If Felix were playing, I would be predicting a slightly wider margin of victory... As it is, I think Dallas wins this one by 7-13 points. The only way I see Denver winning this game, is if Romo has a repeat of the Giants game, and I don't see that happening this week.

PS - I guess you could say I'm a non-believer, or a "hater" if you prefer, but I think the Broncos are about to embark on a 5 game losing streak. Not trying to hate, just calling it like I see it......

Welcome

additions of Hill, Dawkins, Ayers, and Goodman, will turn them into a dominate defense overnight.
Our biggest addition on Def was the subtraction of Slowick so any thing is possible with this unit.

This offense would scare me more if Cutler was still there, but I'm sorry, I have no respect for Orton as a play-maker.
I agree, now we must make do with what we have. :tsk:

Hope we get an entertaining and injury-free game.... :2thumbs:

Only time will tell for you prediction.

D1g1tal j1m
10-02-2009, 10:38 AM
I wouldn't have minded this post if it didn't go on to list a 5 game losing streak.

Dallas is a good team but so are the Broncos. You can find faults with both teams but this game is being played in Denver and the Broncos have plenty of confidence. I predict a close game with the Broncos on top.

underrated29
10-02-2009, 10:45 AM
additions of Hill, Dawkins, Ayers, and Goodman, will turn them into a dominate defense overnight.
Our biggest addition on Def was the subtraction of Slowick so any thing is possible with this unit.

This ^^ needs to be quoted so it sinks in!

Our D was actually ok. It was the GOD AWFUL, WORST IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL DC BOB BLOWSDYCK AND HIS COCHOMIME SCHEME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that we have a NORMAL scheme we are back to good.

Its no cooincidence that the last like 5 years we have always been a top 10 defense and then all of a sudden we switch to weird schemes (bates and slowick) and our defense is PATHETIC. We go back to a NORMAL scheme and hey, the defense looks good.

LRtagger
10-02-2009, 10:45 AM
I still don't understand people picking us to lose the next five to ten games all in a row, simply because we traded Cutler and that somehow would magically make our entire team worse. And the predictions all seem to be completely dismissing our first three games like nothing can be taken away from them. They're so in disbelief that they're wrong they refuse to look at reality and keep waiting for what they thought was going to happen to happen.

I agree...if Cutler were still here people would be touting us as Super Bowl contenders. As it stands, we are simply an overrated team that has played a bunch of scrub teams.

Even though the teams we beat have a much better record against other teams (3-3) than the teams Dallas has beat (0-4).

Bronco Warrior
10-02-2009, 10:47 AM
Welcome

Yes Slowik stunk...but the Bigest difference is the Nolan Effect! Took away a bad DC and added arguablly the best in the game.

[/b]additions of Hill, Dawkins, Ayers, and Goodman, and Adra Davis, and Fields, and Holliay, and Phonso and Bruton and McBath, and Baker, and Reid and (......should I go on?) will turn them into a dominate defense overnight.[/B]

And apparently it can! The CowBoys offense will find out quick enough :woot:

NightTrainLayne
10-02-2009, 10:47 AM
This ^^ needs to be quoted so it sinks in!

Our D was actually ok. It was the GOD AWFUL, WORST IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL DC BOB BLOWSDYCK AND HIS COCHOMIME SCHEME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that we have a NORMAL scheme we are back to good.

Its no cooincidence that the last like 5 years we have always been a top 10 defense and then all of a sudden we switch to weird schemes (bates and slowick) and our defense is PATHETIC. We go back to a NORMAL scheme and hey, the defense looks good.

I think some of the players should get some credit for the awefullness as well. Safeties were perhaps the worst ever to play in the NFL. Bly was sub-par, Webster was absolutely horrid... . Champ and DJ were about the only good things we had going for us. Dumervil was the same player, but being utilized in the worst conceivable way (that's Slowik's fault).

Our D sucked all-around. Coaching and personnel.

Bronco Warrior
10-02-2009, 10:57 AM
Safeties where perhaps the worst ever to play in the NFL. "
That might be true! They stunk up the field...couldn't tackle couldn't play saftey over pass coverage and let big runs and big pass plays happen! I have said forever this season that the Safety pick up might have been one of the biggest changes this year!

outdoor_miner
10-02-2009, 11:06 AM
Yeah - I know I wouldn't have minded your post if you hadn't mentioned the 5 game losing streak. I actually understand why you'd make a lot of the points you did. You are a Cowboys fan and think the Cowboys will win... Good for you!

However - with the 5 game losing streak comment, it seems that you haven't actually watched the Broncos play. Here's a hint: We are a good team. Really. I know that ESPN and the media have been hell-bent on saying we are awful, but we aren't. Bad teams do not DESTROY other teams, especially back-to-back like we did to the Browns and Raiders. If you watched those games, they weren't just wins. They were total beat-downs. Yes, those teams suck (especially the Browns). However, you don't do that 2 weeks in a row unless you are a well prepared and "solid" football team.

Dallas may very well win this game. Then again - they may not. I'm very nervous, mostly because I believe a lot hinges on this game. I've always thought the Broncos should be in the hunt for the playoffs this year, and a fast start was very important because of the drama of the offseason. A victory over Dallas would really put the rest of the league on notice, and give our team and fans even more momentum. The NFL is so driven by emotion... I could see the Broncos winning 3 or 4 of the next 5 if we can pull this one out.

Anyway - I don't really make predictions, as I know that anything can happen. I do know that our team is capable of winning this game with the way they have been playing. If the defense stops the run and limits big plays and the offense establishes the run and does not turn the ball over, I think we will win. My biggest fear is turnovers from the offense. They come in waves, and can simply crush a team. Somewhat ironically, I am least concerned about Orton throwing picks. Not to say it isn't possible, but he really hasn't been putting himself in those positions. I'm more worried about forced fumbles from sacks or hits on the rbs, mental errors, special teams miscues, etc. Turnovers are such killers, and we have done such a good job protecting the ball so far, you have to figure we're eventually going to have a game where the ball hits the ground several times. I hope it's not this week!

Go Broncos!

Reidman
10-02-2009, 11:13 AM
16 points allowed in 3 games is impressive, no matter who you're playing, but that's just more reason for them to come back down to earth this week.
This makes no sense... The defense is hyped and playing better than they have in years, rated #1 (despite who they've played) yet they will be coming down to earth, at home no less..? I believe they could make Romo look worse than he already has...

The Denver Offense - This offense would scare me more if Cutler was still there, but I'm sorry, I have no respect for Orton as a play-maker.
You're right, Orton isn't a play-maker. He's a game manager, huge difference. I like Cutler, but I am starting to buy into the fact that monster yardage games and entertaining long bombs are only that.. entertainment. I'll take wins over "on the edge of my seat" deep balls any day.

Royal is a stud, I don't think anyone on the Cowboys could keep up with him on the fly-route, luckily the deep-ball is a weakness for Orton.
Luckily we use Royal as a decoy most plays...keeps the defense honest. Plus, 10yds= a first down, we'll take those all day long..

I don't think the Broncos can hold Dallas under 24 points, and I don't think the Denver offense can score 24 points.
Your team has faced the #21 and #31 ranked defense in Carolina and Tampa Bay respectively. Your only loss came against the Giants which are the #2 defense. Your coming into Mile High to play the #1 ranked defense...I don't see them scoring 24 points against us. Right now we avg 21 points a game which should be enough to get the job done..

Hope we get an entertaining and injury-free game....
No disagreement here.

CoachChaz
10-02-2009, 11:21 AM

I live amongst them. Try that for hell.

CoachChaz
10-02-2009, 11:24 AM
Are Cowboys fans the only ones that dont realize the only 2 teams they've beaten are a combined 0-6?

Fmart322
10-02-2009, 11:25 AM
Texans are notorious for being some of the most arrogant people and bias people in the country. Don't try to pass that shit off to fans of other teams.

Well, if you say so.
________
MERCEDES-BENZ 300 (http://www.mercedes-wiki.com/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_300)

Fmart322
10-02-2009, 11:28 AM
So I guess Romo's fumbled snap in the playoffs was someone else's fault?

LACES OUT DAN!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, that was all his fault. Go look at his stats, he had a good game. They got a bad spot the play before the FG try. Romo was the reason the Cowboys made the playoffs that year. Without him they would have never went. Parcells had a rotten game plan that day as well.
________
HONDA CBF600 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_CBF600)

Fmart322
10-02-2009, 11:31 AM

I don't see the Broncos losing every one of their next 5 games. I do think they'll walk away with a few though. The first 3 games gave the Broncos confidence, that help breed more confidence.
________
Ford flex specifications (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_Flex)

Fmart322
10-02-2009, 11:34 AM
Putting your leg out with the intent to take out the legs of another player is dirty..calling it tripping or a leg-wip doesn't make any difference. Outside of Dallas..he is considered dirty. Choice hasn't proven he can even carry the rock in a single game and be a difference and now he runs like Emmit? LMAO!!! That is funny I don't care who you are! The first time he meets WeaponX in the hole he will fumble the ball and curl up in the Fetal Position and suck his thumb! Barber will do better on a gimpy leg..but still not much. Ask Vargus,Bush, and McFadden about running against this Defense!

I never said he was as good as Emmitt Smith, I said he has a style like Emmitt Smith, Big difference. You should go back and re read my post again.

Choice started games last year, even against the Eagles and weapon x. Guess what, he didn't die.
________
Bmw K1200R (http://www.bmw-tech.org/wiki/BMW_K1200R)

CrazyHorse
10-02-2009, 11:38 AM
Hello Bronco nation!

As for this game........

****!
J/K but I think you're wrong.

D1g1tal j1m
10-02-2009, 12:08 PM
I never said he was as good as Emmitt Smith, I said he has a style like Emmitt Smith, Big difference. You should go back and re read my post again.

Cutler said his arm was better than Elways, but everyone started the whole "he thinks he's better than Elway". You shouldn't even mention Choices name with Emmitt, it will only doom him to the comparison debate and he will lose.
Choice is a north n south runner who is always falling forward, he is a decent back and is good for a start here and there. I don't believe he can carry the load for a whole season (I think this goes for Barber also) but may be effective in this game.

honz
10-02-2009, 12:33 PM
Hello Bronco nation!

As for this game........

Have fun being a realist.

Bronco Warrior
10-02-2009, 12:54 PM
Choice started games last year, even against the Eagles and weapon x. Guess what, he didn't die.

That might be the funniest shit you have said yet! And my response is "died....YET!" WeaponX has a special love for all things CowBoys and you will see his love in full glory on Sunday! Choice will have a full diaper the first time Dawkins meets him on a sweep!!! bring your wet-wipes!

Tned-Mobile
10-02-2009, 12:58 PM
Let's keep the smack in the smack forum and the Bronco Talks for serious talk about the game.

Thanks

T

Northman
10-02-2009, 01:00 PM
Hello Bronco nation!

As for this game........

Solid post and you make some good points. Time will tell i guess as this will be our first test of the season. However, dont count your chickens yet. Even if you beat Denver the Cowboys have a slew of problems starting with their overrated Coach. Dallas just hasnt been consistent enough and for a team thats supposed to have a "great" defense of their own they havent looked very dominant to me. Offensively they can pose problems but Homo is very careless with the ball which for a team like Denver who has 8 TO's already this year just has their mouth watering. They also bring a very physical brand of football now so get ready to go home sore. Good luck.

Tempus Fugit
10-02-2009, 01:15 PM

I think this is an unfair way of framing things, and I'm an example of why I believe that. On this site I've been pointing out the possibility of 3-0 and then 3-8 just by playing to the schedule, and I didn't just start doing that 20 minutes ago. It's not just about Cutler. It's really not about Cutler at all. It's about the matchups.

T.K.O.
10-02-2009, 01:29 PM
I think this is an unfair way of framing things, and I'm an example of why I believe that. On this site I've been pointing out the possibility of 3-0 and then 3-8 just by playing to the schedule, and I didn't just start doing that 20 minutes ago. It's not just about Cutler. It's really not about Cutler at all. It's about the matchups.

i think an 8 game skid is out of the question,yeah the schedule is brutal but this is not the same team (at all) that folded when it counts and needed 35 points a game to have a shot!
i think we will at least split the next 8 games,putting us at 7-4 at worst and i think we surprise alot of folks with a big win at home on sunday!!!!:salute:

OrangeHoof
10-02-2009, 02:49 PM
What a delusional Homer! First of all Tony Romo chocks in every big game

First, the word is "chokes" as in opening the gag reflex in your throat.

Secondly, this is not a big game for Tony Romo. Win or lose, it will make little difference to his career. The Cowboys may, indeed, be overrated (and, living in Texas, may I add overexposed) but this game means far more to Denver than it does to the Cowboys because Denver is still trying to prove their legitimacy. The Cowboys are merely trying to prove they can win a game when it matters. Those are different things.

SR
10-02-2009, 03:51 PM
Well, if you say so.

I know so.

SR
10-02-2009, 03:53 PM
No, that was all his fault. Go look at his stats, he had a good game. They got a bad spot the play before the FG try. Romo was the reason the Cowboys made the playoffs that year. Without him they would have never went. Parcells had a rotten game plan that day as well.

So they entered and exited at the hands of Tony Romo. The exit was more prevalent than the entry, no? I don't care what got them there that year, it was Tony Romo that lost them that game. He's not a clutch player.

T.K.O.
10-02-2009, 04:05 PM

Secondly, this is not a big game for Tony Romo. Win or lose, it will make little difference to his career. The Cowboys may, indeed, be overrated (and, living in Texas, may I add overexposed) but this game means far more to Denver than it does to the Cowboys because Denver is still trying to prove their legitimacy. The Cowboys are merely trying to prove they can win a game when it matters. Those are different things.

not really... if the broncos lose they are 3-1,if the cowboys lose they are 2-2
the broncos were predicted to win 3-6 games by most,the cowboys are again supposed to be a superbowl contender,i would say its a "bigger game" for the boys.
however i hope the broncos are thinking its bigger for them and they play like the season is on the line.
i also think it is going to be mandatory for the broncos to get their swagger back at mile high,the past few years have destroyed the "mile high magic" teams no longer fear playing in denver and beating the boys here would go along way in restoring that FEAR !:defense:

rcsodak
10-02-2009, 09:56 PM
Exactly....and how'd they get there?

They haven't won shit since Switzer left! :laugh:

Right now I see the 'boys going on a losing streak. We've all seen first hand what happens to teams with soft coaches. And Phillips definitely fits that bill.

rcsodak
10-02-2009, 09:59 PM
Tony homo=jake plummer
cowgirls=overrated
den 30
dal 20

Since when is Jake considered a bad qb? Check his record with Denver? Degrade other teams' players.....not denvers.

:tsk:

rcsodak
10-02-2009, 10:01 PM
IOWA -

Intelligence
Others
Worry
About

Idiots
Out
Wandering
Around

In
Omaha
Without
Asking

rcsodak
10-02-2009, 10:04 PM

Ci....

..que di manios!

rcsodak
10-02-2009, 10:14 PM
Cutler said his arm was better than Elways, but everyone started the whole "he thinks he's better than Elway". You shouldn't even mention Choices name with Emmitt, it will only doom him to the comparison debate and he will lose.
Choice is a north n south runner who is always falling forward, he is a decent back and is good for a start here and there. I don't believe he can carry the load for a whole season (I think this goes for Barber also) but may be effective in this game.

Choice left OU because he couldn't get on the field. He's a #3 back for a reason.

rcsodak
10-02-2009, 10:23 PM

Denver loses, they're 3-1, and still at the least, tied for 1st in the AFCW.
Dallas loses, they're 2-2, and in 2/3 .

NEITHER team loses anything, as far as conference/division points.

It's also only the end of the 1st qtr of the season.

Pitt could very well be 1-3 after sunday....but I doubt their demise is being spread as much. :rolleyes:

Bronco Warrior
10-02-2009, 10:42 PM

You have nothing better to do than give me crap for a type-O?

Actually it was the most valid of the two points you attempted to make. WE ARE EXPECTED TO LOSE! We suck, remember? Defense is over-rated..Orton can't make plays! True is this is a bigger pressure game for Romo. He got ate up by the Giants and has played average at best against a combined 0-6 in wins and has more pressure than ever this year..every game to perform. Now he has one part-time back, Witten and nobody else to help him on offense..that sounds like pressure to me!

the_turtle
10-02-2009, 11:54 PM
This makes no sense... The defense is hyped and playing better than they have in years, rated #1 (despite who they've played) yet they will be coming down to earth, at home no less..? I believe they could make Romo look worse than he already has...

Maybe, but I don't think so... Romo looked terrible against the Giants, but that had a lot more to do with Romo himself, rather than anything the Giants forced him into... He's gonna have more games like that, but I don't think it will be this week.

You're right, Orton isn't a play-maker. He's a game manager, huge difference. I like Cutler, but I am starting to buy into the fact that monster yardage games and entertaining long bombs are only that.. entertainment. I'll take wins over "on the edge of my seat" deep balls any day.

Game managers are only as good as their defense, and the Broncos defense isn't to that level yet IMO...

Luckily we use Royal as a decoy most plays...keeps the defense honest. Plus, 10yds= a first down, we'll take those all day long...

And that should work for about 17 points in my estimation... Its hard to put methodical drives together over and over, it helps to get some big plays.

Your team has faced the #21 and #31 ranked defense in Carolina and Tampa Bay respectively.

Its a little early to talk about rankings for this season... After all, Dallas accounts for one-third of the damage done to those teams...

Your only loss came against the Giants which are the #2 defense. Your coming into Mile High to play the #1 ranked defense...I don't see them scoring 24 points against us. Right now we avg 21 points a game which should be enough to get the job done..

That's right, Dallas lost when they faced the #2 defense... Dallas also commited 4 Turnovers, and still scored 31 points against them.

the_turtle
10-03-2009, 12:25 AM
Solid post and you make some good points. Time will tell i guess as this will be our first test of the season. However, dont count your chickens yet. Even if you beat Denver the Cowboys have a slew of problems starting with their overrated Coach.

Thanks for the well thought out reply... However, overrated is a word that is thrown out way too much these days. I personally think Wade sucks as a head coach. I have never heard anybody say Wade was a great head coach, it seems most people (media included) consider him average at best.

Dallas just hasnt been consistent enough and for a team thats supposed to have a "great" defense of their own they havent looked very dominant to me.

I don't know who said the Dallas defense was supposed to be "great", but they must be on crack... If completely healthy, the Cowboys defense is a little above average, somewhere in the 10-15 range... Last year they were pretty stout, but they've lost 5 starters from last years squad, and their replacements aren't as good (for the most part)...

Offensively they can pose problems but Homo is very careless with the ball which for a team like Denver who has 8 TO's already this year just has their mouth watering. They also bring a very physical brand of football now so get ready to go home sore. Good luck.

Again, even if Dallas has some turnovers, they can still beat you... They lost the turnover battle 4-0 to the Giants and still scored 31 points. A couple years ago Romo had 5 turnovers against the Bills (on the road) and they still won that game. Even if Romo throws a couple picks, Dallas would still have a good chance of winning. If Orton throws a couple picks, the Broncos chances would be very slim. To me, that's the difference in this game...

PS - I just saw Rod Woodson and Jamie Dukes both picking the Broncos to win this game.

Northman
10-03-2009, 12:38 AM
Even if Romo throws a couple picks, Dallas would still have a good chance of winning. If Orton throws a couple picks, the Broncos chances would be very slim. To me, that's the difference in this game...

And thus the X-factor. Orton is pretty good and taking care of the ball. Tony is careless but he is a gunslinger so thats somewhat to be expected. However, if Ware can get pressure on Orton and if the Cowboys defense can stop the Denver run they should win the game. If not, could be a long day for the Cowboys. As i said before, Dallas will be the true test to see where we are at defensively.

MOtorboat
10-03-2009, 12:52 AM
You have nothing better to do than give me crap for a type-O?

Actually it was the most valid of the two points you attempted to make. WE ARE EXPECTED TO LOSE! We suck, remember? Defense is over-rated..Orton can't make plays! True is this is a bigger pressure game for Romo. He got ate up by the Giants and has played average at best against a combined 0-6 in wins and has more pressure than ever this year..every game to perform. Now he has one part-time back, Witten and nobody else to help him on offense..that sounds like pressure to me!

Do you have nothing better to do than respond to someone plainly pointing out your lack in grammatical skills?

Pot, meet kettle.

Fail.

And, frankly, a random road game against an AFC opponent doesn't create any real pressure on an NFC quarterback, and even suggesting so, well...it's kind of dumb. It just shows your enlarged orange glasses. Just because its the Broncos, it doesn't make it a "big game."

Hell, the only reason its a big game for Denver is because they need to establish their dominance at Mile High. Nothing more, nothing less. The situation and the opponent really don't make this all that important.

If it was Week 14 with the playoffs on the line, you might have a point. But...you don't.

Nice try.

I don't know who said the Dallas defense was supposed to be "great", but they must be on crack... If completely healthy, the Cowboys defense is a little above average, somewhere in the 10-15 range... Last year they were pretty stout, but they've lost 5 starters from last years squad, and their replacements aren't as good (for the most part)...

I think they were better than average last year, and most of it was about putting pressure on the quarterback. If you can do that, and effectively shut down the run, you're a good defense. They haven't looked great yet this season, but the Giants have a hell of a run game and Carolina has some talent there, and that can put pressure on the defense. It's definitely going to be a test for the Denver offensive line.

I think they are up to the challenge.

Again, even if Dallas has some turnovers, they can still beat you... They lost the turnover battle 4-0 to the Giants and still scored 31 points. A couple years ago Romo had 5 turnovers against the Bills (on the road) and they still won that game. Even if Romo throws a couple picks, Dallas would still have a good chance of winning. If Orton throws a couple picks, the Broncos chances would be very slim. To me, that's the difference in this game...

Ultimately, though, losing the turnover battle loses games. Sure, a few times they can get into barn-burners and they can win a game despite turnovers.

I don't think Denver - with the new scheme, and what we're doing on offense - would allow that to happen.

If Denver wins the turnover battle Sunday, they will win.

PS - I just saw Rod Woodson and Jamie Dukes both picking the Broncos to win this game.

Crap.

weazel
10-03-2009, 01:17 AM
Hello Bronco nation!

First let me say that I'm not trying to offend anyone,

that's exactly what you're here to do. go troll elsewhere...

D1g1tal j1m
10-05-2009, 12:36 AM
I wouldn't have minded this post if it didn't go on to list a 5 game losing streak.

Dallas is a good team but so are the Broncos. You can find faults with both teams but this game is being played in Denver and the Broncos have plenty of confidence. I predict a close game with the Broncos on top.

I'm so glad to be right with this post. Next week against NE will be must see for me.

Bronco Warrior
10-05-2009, 09:39 AM
Give Turtle all the crap you want but he came back in and Manned up and took his medicine...got respect for that.

Tempus Fugit
10-06-2009, 04:39 PM

Just as a follow up....

Congrats are owed to the Broncos for beating their schedule to date. Yes it's true that Barber wasn't 100% and Jones wasn't playing, but that's not Denver's fault. It was a job well done.