PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo Sports: Broncos Team Report 10/1/09

TXBRONC
10-01-2009, 03:44 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/den/report#notes_quotes

Broncos Team Report
Yahoo! Sports - 13 hours, 34 minutes ago

Kyle Orton hasn't ditched the glove on his right hand, although he wants to. Orton has played all three games with the glove after dislocating his right index finger in Denver's third preseason game. Although he doesn't like the glove that much, he said it hasn't been a big factor.

"I've thrown a couple low balls I wish I wouldn't have had," Orton said. "But on a majority of the throws it hasn't been an issue."

Orton said the healing process for his finger might have gone slower than normal because he has kept playing, but it is improving.

"This is as good as it has been so far," Orton said.

Brandon Marshall had his best game this season against Oakland, which is a good sign for him going forward. Marshall didn't play in the preseason, but seems to be getting more comfortable with the offense. He also looks more confident, although he said his confidence never changed.

"I've always been the same," Marshall said. "I've never gone anywhere. Just excited about going 3-0 and preparing for Dallas this week."

Broncos kicker Matt Prater was named AFC special teams player of the month. He got off to a rough start in training camp but had a great preseason. He carried that over into the season. He is 7 of 9 on field-goal attempts and has regularly reached the end zone with his kickoffs.

Prater is taking a different approach this season, kicking less during practice to keep his leg fresh. Prater started well last season and faded in the second half.

By The Numbers:

11 - Number of times in Broncos history the team has started 3-0. Josh McDaniels and Red Miller are the two coaches in team history to start their Broncos careers 3-0.

Quote To Note:

"They've got great players all over the field."

—Broncos coach Josh McDaniels on the Cowboys.