PDA

View Full Version : Broncos hurting in offensive line

broncofaninfla
10-01-2009, 10:44 AM
Broncos hurting in offensive line

By Jeff Legwold (http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/author/jefflegwold/) Denver Post

The Broncos offensive line has protected quarterback Kyle Orton — he has not been sacked in the last two games — well and helped the Broncos top 200 yards rushing in Oakland.
But in Wednesday’s practice right tackle Ryan Harris (right shoulder) and left guard Ben Hamilton (hamstring) were not in uniform. Tyler Polumbus worked in Harris’ spot while Russ Hochstein took some plays in Hamilton’s spot.
Harris and Hamilton left Sunday’s game in Oakland with their injuries and did not return.
Rookie cornerback Alphonso Smith, who has played as the nickel corner thus far, also missed practice with a right ankle injury. Smith was limping badly after Sunday’s game. Jack Williams has worked in the nickel.
Also Wednesday quarterback Kyle Orton threw in the early portion of practice without the glove he had been wearing to protect the injured finger on his throwing hand. Orton had dislocated his right index finger in the preseason and had worn a glove to both practice and play since.

broncofaninfla
10-01-2009, 10:46 AM
More injuries from the Denver Post:

Not practicing Wednesday were left guard Ben Hamilton (hamstring), running back Peyton Hillis (concussion), cornerback Alphonso Smith (ankle), right tackle Ryan Harris (shoulder) and fullback/linebacker Spencer Larsen (shoulder).
"No big deal. I'm fine," Hillis said.
Returning to practice with limited participation was receiver Brandon Stokley, who appeared in only three plays Sunday against Oakland because of a deep thigh bruise.
Just before the media viewing period ended, receiver Eddie Royal appeared to suffer a groin pull that drew the attention of trainer Steve Antonopulos. Royal was seen limping back into a drill as the media period ended.

NightTrainLayne
10-01-2009, 10:52 AM
more injuries from the denver post:

Not practicing wednesday were left guard ben hamilton (hamstring), running back peyton hillis (concussion), cornerback alphonso smith (ankle), right tackle ryan harris (shoulder) and fullback/linebacker spencer larsen (shoulder).
"no big deal. I'm fine," hillis said.
Returning to practice with limited participation was receiver brandon stokley, who appeared in only three plays sunday against oakland because of a deep thigh bruise.
just before the media viewing period ended, receiver eddie royal appeared to suffer a groin pull that drew the attention of trainer steve antonopulos. Royal was seen limping back into a drill as the media period ended.

Son of a bitch!!!!!

claymore
10-01-2009, 10:54 AM
Sledgehammer to the gut!

broncofaninfla
10-01-2009, 10:55 AM
Son of a bitch!!!!!

Yeah groin injuries usually linger, this sucks.

NightTrainLayne
10-01-2009, 10:57 AM
Yeah groin injuries usually linger, this sucks.

The only mitigating factor is that the article says he was seen "limping back into a drill". Surely he wouldn't still be running drills if it was serious.

Shazam!
10-01-2009, 10:58 AM
They'll be ok. Dallas is a lil' banged up too.

CoachChaz
10-01-2009, 10:58 AM
We have 40 receivers. I dont think losing one...even if it is Royal...will kill us this week.

CoachChaz
10-01-2009, 10:59 AM
They'll be ok. Dallas is a lil' banged up too.

Alot banged up.

Bluestar76
10-01-2009, 11:52 AM
More injuries from the Denver Post:

Not practicing Wednesday were left guard Ben Hamilton (hamstring), running back Peyton Hillis (concussion), cornerback Alphonso Smith (ankle), right tackle Ryan Harris (shoulder) and fullback/linebacker Spencer Larsen (shoulder).
"No big deal. I'm fine," Hillis said.
Returning to practice with limited participation was receiver Brandon Stokley, who appeared in only three plays Sunday against Oakland because of a deep thigh bruise.
Just before the media viewing period ended, receiver Eddie Royal appeared to suffer a groin pull that drew the attention of trainer Steve Antonopulos. Royal was seen limping back into a drill as the media period ended.

Ouch, the Royal injury could be huge. I hope its nothing serious. Injuries are a part of the game, but I had no idea you guys were so banged up. The Cowboys are relatively healthy compared to your team. Hate to hear this kind of stuff. Hope no one else goes down like this. Nothing worse than getting hurt in practice. I lost my whole 8th grade year of football to a broken arm before we ever played a game in the 1st week of practice in a tackling drill. If they are going to happen though, I would rather them happen when it counts and not in practice. Tough break.

CoachChaz
10-01-2009, 11:55 AM
Ouch, the Royal injury could be huge. I hope its nothing serious. Injuries are a part of the game, but I had no idea you guys were so banged up. The Cowboys are relatively healthy compared to your team. Hate to hear this kind of stuff. Hope no one else goes down like this. Nothing worse than getting hurt in practice. I lost my whole 8th grade year of football to a broken arm before we ever played a game in the 1st week of practice in a tackling drill. Injuries suck, but they are a part of the game. If they are going to happen though, I would rather them happen when it counts and not in practice. Tough break.

Since when? Barber, J. Williams, Jones, Ware, Adams....

...Dallas has alot of nagging injuries as well.

UnderArmour
10-01-2009, 12:05 PM
I don't believe any injuries unless they are listed as out. McDaniels keeps things too secretive. Nobody knows for sure who is actually injured and who isn't, which is a good thing.

Bluestar76
10-01-2009, 12:23 PM
Since when? Barber, J. Williams, Jones, Ware, Adams....

...Dallas has alot of nagging injuries as well.

Only Felix Jones will not play, and most of our pertinent injuries are to rookies like Jason Williams who probably wouldn't see the field anyway. Ware was hurt week 1, hasnt stopped him from playing. Barber will play, willing to bet on that. Flozell is ok as well, Being on the injury report and not practicing are two different things. Oh yea, Jason Williams did practice yesterday. First time since preseason. The guy is a stud, he is very raw. Not ready for primetime if you will.

Bluestar76
10-01-2009, 12:24 PM
I don't believe any injuries unless they are listed as out. McDaniels keeps things too secretive. Nobody knows for sure who is actually injured and who isn't, which is a good thing.
Guys missing practice normally isn't a good sign, but if they don't practice on Friday is when you should really be worried not a Wednesday.

CoachChaz
10-01-2009, 12:28 PM
I'm still betting Barber's carries are limited. Ware may not be serious bu he hasnt exactly done much either. Victor Butler had more sacks in 10 minutes than Ware has all season. Flozell is just limited to tripping people.

Bronco Warrior
10-01-2009, 12:31 PM
Royal is tough played with injury that you never heard about last year..and we have Lloyd we can use..(No Royal of course) Moreno had groin injury and didn't miss a game when it counted. Also maybe Marshall will actually get a bunch of balls thrown his way.

Bronco Warrior
10-01-2009, 12:38 PM
:confused:Didn't Jones hurt his knee on the 'legwhip' he got busted for? Karma don't you think...lol! I can see a fatass pathetic lineman like Adams doing it but a back like Jones:confused: Karma is a Biotch! The whip-sickness seems to be spreading!

CoachChaz
10-01-2009, 12:46 PM
:confused:Didn't Jones hurt his knee on the 'legwhip' he got busted for? Karma don't you think...lol! I can see a fatass pathetic lineman like Adams doing it but a back like Jones:confused: Karma is a Biotch! The whip-sickness seems to be spreading!

Wade Phillips is their coach. Discipline is absent. They will be one of the top 5 penalized teams by season end

claymore
10-01-2009, 12:52 PM
Wade Phillips is their coach. Discipline is absent. They will be one of the top 5 penalized teams by season end

Makes me wonder if its a taught technique???

CoachChaz
10-01-2009, 01:01 PM
Makes me wonder if its a taught technique???

I wouldnt say Phillips is a dirty coach. Adams is definitely a dirty player and Felix simply has no clue how to block.

claymore
10-01-2009, 01:03 PM
I wouldnt say Phillips is a dirty coach. Adams is definitely a dirty player and Felix simply has no clue how to block.

Not necesarrily by Wade. But the lack of discipline might let guys like Adams teach their methods of how to react when beat.

CoachChaz
10-01-2009, 01:09 PM
Not necesarrily by Wade. But the lack of discipline might let guys like Adams teach their methods of how to react when beat.

Definite possibility...but I think it's mostly a Flozell thing

silkamilkamonico
10-01-2009, 01:11 PM
Royal has been virtually non existent in our offense this year, so i don't think losing him would be a big deal at all. If he doesn't shape up I will wonder about his future with the organization.

Bluestar76
10-01-2009, 01:12 PM
No he hurt it when he fell awkwardly after a 54 yard run. The leg whip he did was silly, no reason to do it. All he had to do was get in the guys way.

Bluestar76
10-01-2009, 01:13 PM
Royal has been virtually non existent in our offense this year, so i don't think losing him would be a big deal at all. If he doesn't shape up I will wonder about his future with the organization.

We'll trade you Bobby Carpenter for him in a heart beat!

claymore
10-01-2009, 01:20 PM

If he cant perform, trade his ass.

CoachChaz
10-01-2009, 01:33 PM
We'll trade you Bobby Carpenter for him in a heart beat!

I'd trade him for Ratliff

WARHORSE
10-01-2009, 01:39 PM
Wade Phillips is their coach.

Wade Phillips is coaching again?????????

When did that happen?:D

Phillips is a puppet on the sidelines of coach Jerry Jones. Nobody wears the STAR in Dallas except BIG JERRY. (The Sheriffs star that is) Everybody in Dallas knows that Wade doesnt have the authority of a ball boy in that lockeroom......including Wade.

This is owner JERRYS ORG, and COACH JERRYS TEAM, and they play on JERRYS TV, in JERRYS HOUSE, in JERRYS WORLD.

So..............KNOWING that..........it is absolutely hilarious watching waterboy Wade Phillips with his toy headset that is actually linked to his dad Bum during gametime....EMOTE on the sidelines during the games.

Wade is a gunless deputy in DALLAS, and his star is plastic.

What did da five fingahs say to the face? SLAP! Giddyup Wade.

The coaching is why we will win sunday.

Bluestar76
10-01-2009, 02:05 PM
I'd trade him for Ratliff
Ratliff isn't going anywhere. I don't think your GM is stupid enough to trade for carpenter either. If you really want him, wait till this offseason when we cut him and you can have him for free!

Royal is a good pick, you guys are just taking it easy to establish your identity. I fully expect McDaniels to open up his offense against us this week. Not having Royal will put a slight damper on that IMHO this week. I imagine that he still plays though and you guys will take more shots down the field than you have all season long.

Bluestar76
10-01-2009, 02:08 PM
Wade Phillips is coaching again?????????

When did that happen?:D

Phillips is a puppet on the sidelines of coach Jerry Jones. Nobody wears the STAR in Dallas except BIG JERRY. (The Sheriffs star that is) Everybody in Dallas knows that Wade doesnt have the authority of a ball boy in that lockeroom......including Wade.

This is owner JERRYS ORG, and COACH JERRYS TEAM, and they play on JERRYS TV, in JERRYS HOUSE, in JERRYS WORLD.

So..............KNOWING that..........it is absolutely hilarious watching waterboy Wade Phillips with his toy headset that is actually linked to his dad Bum during gametime....EMOTE on the sidelines during the games.

Wade is a gunless deputy in DALLAS, and his star is plastic.

What did da five fingahs say to the face? SLAP! Giddyup Wade.

The coaching is why we will win sunday.

If you win, I agree that will be why.

CoachChaz
10-01-2009, 02:22 PM
Ratliff isn't going anywhere. I don't think your GM is stupid enough to trade for carpenter either. If you really want him, wait till this offseason when we cut him and you can have him for free!

Royal is a good pick, you guys are just taking it easy to establish your identity. I fully expect McDaniels to open up his offense against us this week. Not having Royal will put a slight damper on that IMHO this week. I imagine that he still plays though and you guys will take more shots down the field than you have all season long.

With Jenkins starting now...I can guarantee Royal's number gets called more

TXBRONC
10-01-2009, 02:27 PM
If he cant perform, trade his ass.

I don't think its a matter of Royal can't play but rather when they are calling his number and the frequency.