TXBRONC
09-30-2009, 10:05 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_13453522

Broncos' Orton likes to "play smart"
By Mike Chambers
The Denver Post

Posted: 09/30/2009 12:45:01 PM MDT
Updated: 09/30/2009 02:16:24 PM MDT

Kyle Orton's personality is similar to his playing style. The soft-spoken Broncos quarterback isn't flashy on the field. He's fine with being dubbed a "game manager" instead of a "game-breaker," as long as he's effective in his modest role.

"My No. 1 job description as a quarterback is to manage a football game, and it's tough to win games if you beat yourself, so it's really my approach going into every game," Orton said today in his mid-week news conference at Dove Valley.

Orton has helped Denver begin 3-0 by playing interception-free football. He's completed 55.7 percent of his passes for 663 yards and a 91.2 quarterback rating. Thanks mostly to his offensive line, he's been sacked only three times.

"I try to obviously play smart football, not put our offense or defense in bad situations and make plays when they're there," Orton said. "It's certainly not a style of play where you're scared to take chances or scared to take shots, just to know the right time to do them."

Orton said he might remove the glove on his throwing hand for Sunday's game against the visiting Cowboys. He has worn the protective glove since sustaining a dislocated knuckle that caused an open wound on the index finger of his throwing hand Aug. 30.

"This is as good as it's been so far, so I think there's definitely a chance I can play without it," he said.

Mike Chambers: 303-954-1357 or mchambers@denverpost.com

Lonestar
09-30-2009, 10:29 PM
I know alot of folks do not like the kid but so far everything I have seen I like..

he is winning and not putting the team into bad spots..:salute:

MileHighWrath
09-30-2009, 10:48 PM
I have seen no reason to dislike him or the job he's doing.

Everyone is trying to compare apples to oranges with regard to Orton vs a rocket arm gunslinger egoist.

I got no complaints so far.

Dirk
10-01-2009, 05:58 AM
I agree, apples and oranges with he who shall not be named.

As long as Orton plays mistake free football, I could care less if he can lob a ball for 70 years.

Superchop 7
10-01-2009, 11:54 PM
He's a pedantic, pontificating, pretentious *******, a belligerent old fart, a worthless steaming pile of cow dung, figuratively speaking.

camdisco24
10-02-2009, 12:05 AM
I like smart if it wins games.
We'll see how smart he is against a "real" team.

Brand
10-02-2009, 12:22 AM
He's a pedantic, pontificating, pretentious *******, a belligerent old fart, a worthless steaming pile of cow dung, figuratively speaking.

You really shouldn't be talking about Cutler like that......