PDA

View Full Version : BRIAN DAWKINS: You gotta love this guy

WARHORSE
09-30-2009, 05:33 PM
I can listen to this dude all day.

Best stuff is towards the end.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=349&videoID=3505&type=broncosTV&year=&month=

TXBRONC
09-30-2009, 09:25 PM
I feel the same way, I like how Dawkins handles himself with the press.

gregbroncs
09-30-2009, 10:25 PM
Thanks warhorse that was a great video.

wbmustang
09-30-2009, 11:09 PM
B Dawk has been one of my favorite players in the league for a while. I just love the passion he shoes and he does leave it all on the field. So happy the Bronco's picked him up. It always seems like we go and grab older safties because the other people we try out don't work. I hope he lays out Whitten on Sunday!

Shazam!
09-30-2009, 11:22 PM
I don't think his leadership and ethics example can be measured, something this team desperately needed.

Dirk
10-01-2009, 05:55 AM
Amen to that! I was extremely pleased we signed B-Dawk. Instant upgrade and instant leader!

CoachChaz
10-01-2009, 07:27 AM
McDaniels hired Nolan to coordinate the defense, but Dawk s the coach on the field. This guy has the mentality to be an NFL coach when his playing days are done.

If any naysaying negative nancy Broncos fan can listen to that interview and NOT feel better about the direction of this irganization...they should turn in their fan cards immediately.

gobroncsnv
10-01-2009, 07:45 AM
WHAT'S UP, DAWK????

Great vid, thanks War. You see someone like this out there, he just WILLS the best out of his running mates. So much to like about having him on our side. He gets after it!!!

claymore
10-01-2009, 07:50 AM
McDaniels hired Nolan to coordinate the defense, but Dawk s the coach on the field. This guy has the mentality to be an NFL coach when his playing days are done.

If any naysaying negative nancy Broncos fan can listen to that interview and NOT feel better about the direction of this irganization...they should turn in their fan cards immediately.

Thank you fan police.

CoachChaz
10-01-2009, 07:56 AM
Thank you fan police.

I never make comments like that, but seriously...I dont care how jaded any fans view is of anything that has happened in Denver in the past year...you cant possibly listen to a player like Dawk say the things he did and not have a better feeling about the team and where they are headed. Not that they are going to win 12 games, but that the organization is being righted.

Sorry, but if a great player on your favorite team cant motivate you as a fan with a great conversation about the State of the Broncos, then find a new team. yeah...I said it.

claymore
10-01-2009, 08:02 AM
I never make comments like that, but seriously...I dont care how jaded any fans view is of anything that has happened in Denver in the past year...you cant possibly listen to a player like Dawk say the things he did and not have a better feeling about the team and where they are headed. Not that they are going to win 12 games, but that the organization is being righted.

Sorry, but if a great player on your favorite team cant motivate you as a fan with a great conversation about the State of the Broncos, then find a new team. yeah...I said it.

I just didnt hear anything new. Dawkins is a heck of a guy. And I will let what he does on the field form my opinion of him as a Bronco.

But he is going to be gone within 3 years. I cant really get to excited about that.

Hopefully he rubs off on the guys we got, or draft to replace him.

Dirk
10-01-2009, 08:02 AM
I watched the vid again. He is a very intelligent and well spoken player. Again, I am glad we signed him! :salute:

Although I am not sure whey he has a pair of tighty-whitey's on his head. (I kid, but it does look like it) :D

Dirk
10-01-2009, 08:04 AM
Clay, just curious bro, when are you going to let it go? Will it take getting to the playoffs? Or is it going to take a SB win?

claymore
10-01-2009, 08:06 AM
Clay, just curious bro, when are you going to let it go? Will it take getting to the playoffs? Or is it going to take a SB win?

Let what go? I heard all the same crap when we got lynch.

Dirk
10-01-2009, 08:11 AM
It just seems like you have it in for McD no matter how well the team goes and any personel he brings in.

I know you love the Broncos but all the negatives all the time, doesn't it eat at you? Enjoy if Bro! No int's on Orton's part, Defense is playing 100 times better than last year, we're 3-0 and the team hasn't even "gelled" yet. Just think how good they are going to be when they do!

Enjoy the ride!

claymore
10-01-2009, 08:17 AM
It just seems like you have it in for McD no matter how well the team goes and any personel he brings in.

I know you love the Broncos but all the negatives all the time, doesn't it eat at you? Enjoy if Bro! No int's on Orton's part, Defense is playing 100 times better than last year, we're 3-0 and the team hasn't even "gelled" yet. Just think how good they are going to be when they do!

Enjoy the ride!

I think I am being a little more realistic about the Broncos than some. I will give JMCD's more credit this weekend when he beats the Cowboys.

I just replied to the fan card comment. Im not a Dawkins fan, I will root for him because he is a Bronco.

Dirk
10-01-2009, 08:25 AM
I wear Orange and Blue glasses. I can be upset about this and that, but through and through I support and grab all the possitives when I can.

Everyone is different! :beer:

claymore
10-01-2009, 08:39 AM
I wear Orange and Blue glasses. I can be upset about this and that, but through and through I support and grab all the possitives when I can.

Everyone is different! :beer:

I took the glasses off. Im looking at things objectively. Sorry some of you guys see that as being negative.

Dirk
10-01-2009, 08:57 AM
I took the glasses off. Im looking at things objectively. Sorry some of you guys see that as being negative.

I just want you to ride the "MILE HIGH" while we have it! :elefant:

claymore
10-01-2009, 09:04 AM
I just want you to ride the "MILE HIGH" while we have it! :elefant:

Oh Im there, Im just not falling in love with Orton, Dawkins or JMCD yet.

CoachChaz
10-01-2009, 09:37 AM
Let what go? I heard all the same crap when we got lynch.

No. Lynch was a stand up guy and a good leader, but he was never on the level Dawkins is.

claymore
10-01-2009, 10:04 AM
No. Lynch was a stand up guy and a good leader, but he was never on the level Dawkins is.

Dawkins is a better athelete, but it can be said he also has less heart. I think the comparison is as good of a copmparison as there is. 2 HOF safties, cast off from their teams.

Both 3 year bandaids. I hope he rubs off on the young guys as much as possible.

CoachChaz
10-01-2009, 10:30 AM
Lynch lead by being a cheerleader...Dawkins is a sensei

MOtorboat
10-01-2009, 10:32 AM
Dawkins is a better athelete, but it can be said he also has less heart.

http://lollemurs.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/dude.jpg

CoachChaz
10-01-2009, 10:35 AM
Dawkins is a better athelete, but it can be said he also has less heart. I think the comparison is as good of a copmparison as there is. 2 HOF safties, cast off from their teams.

Both 3 year bandaids. I hope he rubs off on the young guys as much as possible.

Have you completely drank away all your brain cells?

claymore
10-01-2009, 10:39 AM
Lynch lead by being a cheerleader...Dawkins is a sensei

I didnt like Lynch's Rah Rah BS. And I dont think he was the leader everyone made him out to be. I was flamed bad for that shit.

I dont have anything bad to say about what Dawkins has done here. He is far better physically than I thought he would be. I think that is why he is still respected so much.

claymore
10-01-2009, 10:40 AM
Have you completely drank away all your brain cells?

Lynch had way more heart and overachieved his whole career.

MOtorboat
10-01-2009, 10:41 AM

I didn't think it was possible to have more heart than Dawkins...

:confused:

Are you programmed just to automatically hate any free agent safety?

CoachChaz
10-01-2009, 10:43 AM

Just so I can be sure we are talking about the same thing...can you define heart for me? Because the ONLY thing Lynch had more of in comparison to Dawkins was white skin cells

claymore
10-01-2009, 10:50 AM
Just so I can be sure we are talking about the same thing...can you define heart for me? Because the ONLY thing Lynch had more of in comparison to Dawkins was white skin cells

IMHO, Lynch a converted QB to saftey in college overachieved. He wasnt as physically gifted as Dawkins, nor many other safties that had more black skin cells.

I think what Lynch has become, and accomplished took alot more heart.

CoachChaz
10-01-2009, 10:54 AM
IMHO, Lynch a converted QB to saftey in college overachieved. He wasnt as physically gifted as Dawkins, nor many other safties that had more black skin cells.

I think what Lynch has become, and accomplished took alot more heart.

I would say it took alot more work...maybe. From a mental aspect, QB is the hardest position to play. So mentally, it was an easy transisiton for him...as far as hitting...that comes natural. Either you blow guys up or you dont.

So, I may give Lynch props for making a transition to an easier, but more physical position, but I dont think that has anything to do with heart.

claymore
10-01-2009, 11:01 AM
I would say it took alot more work...maybe. From a mental aspect, QB is the hardest position to play. So mentally, it was an easy transisiton for him...as far as hitting...that comes natural. Either you blow guys up or you dont.

So, I may give Lynch props for making a transition to an easier, but more physical position, but I dont think that has anything to do with heart.

He didnt just transition, he ended up going to 9 probowls, And Could end up having a more succesful career than dawkins, even though he isnt as physically gifted.

I think that takes more heart. Allot more heart.

MOtorboat
10-01-2009, 11:02 AM
Allot more heart.

:tsk:

claymore
10-01-2009, 11:04 AM
:tsk:

Alot. Is that better? :D

MOtorboat
10-01-2009, 11:11 AM
Alot. Is that better? :D

No.

CoachChaz
10-01-2009, 11:28 AM
I guess I'm still failing to see what Heart has to do with switching positions. Successfully or not.

T.K.O.
10-01-2009, 01:06 PM

and yet you picked them to lose in this weeks "pick em' ":tsk:
nancy.......j/k:lol:

Bronco Warrior
10-01-2009, 01:16 PM
BDawk has and will continue to be a great influence on the team, the secondary younsters and a terror to the other team! "Nuff Said!

BroncoNut
10-01-2009, 01:32 PM
it sounds like Clay is saying that a less talented athlete in Lynch meant that he had to try harder and play with more passion than Dawkins to play at the level that he did

CoachChaz
10-01-2009, 01:34 PM
it sounds like Clay is saying that a less talented athlete in Lynch meant that he had to try harder and play with more passion than Dawkins to play at the level that he did

I understand that...but watch Dawkins play. it is virtually impossible to eclipse the amount of passion he brings to the field each and every week.

claymore
10-01-2009, 01:37 PM

Im terrible at articulating myself. Thanks Nut.

BroncoNut
10-01-2009, 01:39 PM
I understand that...but watch Dawkins play. it is virtually impossible to eclipse the amount of passion he brings to the field each and every week.

oh yeah, I agree. He's got more than adequate passion.

It seems like Lynch was morerecognized for his ability to lay the wood on someone.

BroncoNut
10-01-2009, 01:39 PM
Im terrible at articulating myself. Thanks Nut.

No you're not Clay. I understand you. You complete me.

claymore
10-01-2009, 01:43 PM

Its contagious.

wbmustang
10-01-2009, 03:01 PM
Maybe Lynch was recognized more because he was a white guy playing in the secondary. J/k obv but how can you say that Lynch has more heart than B Dawk? Clay, you are honestly the first person who I have heard say they don't like B Dawk as a player. But as most of the other post have said I hope he rubs off on the younger guys so they learn from him.

BroncoWave
10-01-2009, 03:03 PM
Maybe Lynch was recognized more because he was a white guy playing in the secondary. J/k obv but how can you say that Lynch has more heart than B Dawk? Clay, you are honestly the first person who I have heard say they don't like B Dawk as a player. But as most of the other post have said I hope he rubs off on the younger guys so they learn from him.

I don't think he said he doesn't line B-Dawk as a player? :confused:

Actually I think he said the opposite.

MOtorboat
10-01-2009, 03:10 PM

Clay quit smoking a month ago. He hasn't been right since, so don't worry about it too much.

NightTrainLayne
10-01-2009, 03:14 PM
Clay quit smoking a month ago. He hasn't been right since, so don't worry about it too much.

He was right before he quit? :confused:

MOtorboat
10-01-2009, 03:16 PM
He was right before he quit? :confused:

He's been very aggressive since he quit. He's always been "not right."

gobroncsnv
10-01-2009, 08:50 PM

I don't compare who over or under-achieved. I think Dawk is a better safety than Lynch was. And I'll say it again, I liked Lynch on our team A LOT! Dawkins is even better. Don't care why.

camdisco24
10-01-2009, 09:16 PM
All football logic aside, I think Dawkins looks much cooler in a Broncos uniform.

thatisall.

Bronco Warrior
10-01-2009, 10:20 PM
Besides Lynch never did anything cool likle this smoke thing! lol

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=104&pictureid=862

BroncoWave
10-01-2009, 10:35 PM
As early as it is, Brain Dawkins has become my favorite Bronco. I just love everything about him. He will probably be my next jersey purchase.

Bronco Warrior
10-02-2009, 01:15 AM
Dawkins is our own version of Danny Bateman from the "Replacements". You remember the Crazy dude on the Defense? when the coach Gene Hackman says "Danny..Get me the Balls!" lol!
http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=104&pictureid=867