PDA

View Full Version : 3 Point Home Dogs

Shazam!
09-29-2009, 09:15 PM
In today's Daily News, Dallas is a 3 point favorite.

What?

Ya know, **** that.

The Dallas Cowboys aren't some bunch of world beaters and there's a whole bunch of teams not only with better records (which means little this early but still) but playing better than them right now (NYG, Bal, NYJ, NO, Minn, etc). They're a little banged up, playing in a short week, on the road in a tough environment, against a 3-0 team, regardless of which team it is. I don't wanna hear about Denver's wins against crap teams either. Dallas is 2-1 with wins against winless teams too, Tampa and Carolina are both currently in complete disarray.

3 point home dogs? More continuing disrespect.

I love it.

I don't think this team needs any billboard material, McDaniels will have them ready to play. I'm not just saying this as a homer, this is a different team from what we've seen and they can play. Dallas is going to get ****ing destroyed on Sunday and held to 14 points or less. Watch. You heard that here first and I'll own up to it on Sunday night.

We're going to make a lot of people shut the **** up on Sunday.

Broncos - 3.

skycoyote
09-29-2009, 09:25 PM
Over/Under is 43 1/2. I think I'll take the Broncos and the points.

CrazyHorse
09-29-2009, 09:35 PM
Over/Under is 43 1/2. I think I'll take the Broncos and the points.

I'd go with the under the way our defense has been playing I see the score something like.
24-16...

skycoyote
09-29-2009, 09:40 PM
I'd go with the under the way our defense has been playing I see the score something like.
24-16...

Good point. I think I'll simmer on it for a day or so. Lot of tough games to pick this week--well every week.

Shazam!
09-29-2009, 09:54 PM
People are smoking serious crack if they think the Broncos are going to allow what the Cowboys doled out to Carolina yesterday. Their defense is abysmal, even with Peppers that score is not telling although they were able to rattle Romo at times and hurry him. Delhomme is just awful and not the same QB.

Dallas totally took Smith out of the game and the Broncos have a plethora of reliable targets and Orton can spread it around.

From what I saw the Broncos are much better than Carolina this year, and it was the other way last season.

Dallas will nowhere near resemble what happened on Monday, unless it's a role reversal in the Bronco's favor.

Broncos/Under

CrazyHorse
09-29-2009, 10:01 PM
Dallas looked totally inept offensively the first half of the game. Romo also played terrible against the Giants last week. I like our chances.

Shazam!
09-29-2009, 10:05 PM
Dallas is going to get ****** up. McD and Nolan will have the troops ready for Fatty Phillips homecoming.

ikillz0mbies
09-29-2009, 11:07 PM
Dallas is very beatable and I do understand how the Broncos are 3 pt. underdogs. But it all goes to how Romo plays. Watching the Giants game, Romo made some very bad passes that resulted into interceptions and that was not the fault of the receivers. Pressure Romo constantly to make him throw the ball into unwanted coverage. And have some of the defenders play the flats because Romo CAN run out of the pocket. With Felix Jones and possibly Marion Barber out, the Broncos can focus on the pass. But G-Money's boy, Tashard Choice is nothing to scoff at either.

Right now, the weakest point of the Dallas defense is their secondary. Terrence Newman is a Pro Bowl CB, but he hasn't been playing like one so far this season. With Marshall and Orton finally developing that rapport, they should look to use Marshall's size against him. Perhaps throwing to Marshall early in the game will result in Royal finally getting open and get some major yardage.

The position match-up of the game will be the same as last weeks. The very talented Dallas defensive line versus Denver's league-best offensive line. In the off-season, they brought in Igor Olshansky, who Denver is very familiar with during his time with the Chargers, to go along with talented lineman Jay Ratliff and Marcus Spears. Then there is the matter of stopping Demarcus Ware, the sack machine. The Broncos will probably have an extra blocker most of the game to contain him. Bradie James is pretty damn good against the run. We all saw how dangerous the Broncos RB duo can get, especially Moreno finally coming along, it may be tough run past the second level of the defense.

If the Broncos o-line can give Orton plenty of time to throw in the pocket, and the defense can stay aggressive as they have in the season and pressure Romo, it should result in a decisive W for the Broncos.

Can't wait for Sunday to get here. I'm going to get out of work early so I can catch the game in TV since it is going to be on Fox in my area. Go Broncos!!!

CrazyHorse
09-29-2009, 11:13 PM
Clady will own Demarcus Ware.

Overtime
09-29-2009, 11:52 PM
i down with us being the underdog. just means we come into the game with a big chip on our shoulder, looking to prove everyone wrong, and to silence the critics.

Boys are flying high after Monday night, and with a short week, they'll be just a tad cocky.

Broncos 27
Boys 20

Poet
09-30-2009, 12:14 AM
The Cowboys are on your level. But, this is seen as a close game. They set up the Boys to be ahead on points and get more action on the bets.

I think Denver eeks out a win.

Foochacho
09-30-2009, 01:01 AM
Even if we beat Dallas I doubt we get due respect. All the analysts will just chalk it up to Romo having one of his bad games again. I can hear it now

ursamajor
09-30-2009, 01:40 AM

What?

Ya know, **** that.

The Dallas Cowboys aren't some bunch of world beaters and there's a whole bunch of teams not only with better records (which means little this early but still) but playing better than them right now (NYG, Bal, NYJ, NO, Minn, etc). They're a little banged up, playing in a short week, on the road in a tough environment, against a 3-0 team, regardless of which team it is. I don't wanna hear about Denver's wins against crap teams either. Dallas is 2-1 with wins against winless teams too, Tampa and Carolina are both currently in complete disarray.

I love it.

I don't think this team needs any billboard material, McDaniels will have them ready to play. I'm not just saying this as a homer, this is a different team from what we've seen and they can play. Dallas is going to get ****ing destroyed on Sunday and held to 14 points or less. Watch. You heard that here first and I'll own up to it on Sunday night.

Broncos - 3.

The spread is set by who is betting on who. Money has made the Cowboys 3 point favorites.

Tned
09-30-2009, 06:20 AM

What?

Ya know, **** that.

I love it.

Broncos - 3.

It has nothing to do with disrespect.

Let's get real. Even the biggest McDaniels supporters weren't talking about the playoffs and a SB run this year. Instead, they were talking about "it will take time to rebuild this team, blah, blah".

So, even though our own homer fans were going on an on about Rome not being built in a day, we are 'shocked and mortified' when Vegas and the power rankings had the same opinion on the team.

Since everyone, fans, Vegas and media, thought the same thing, which was that Denver would struggle this year as it rebuilds, Vegas and the media don't know what to make of a team performing better than expected. Is it the Broncos or who they have played.

Like many fans, they are probably holding out for these next few team to see what kind of team the Broncos really are. It has nothing to do with disrespect.

Dirk
09-30-2009, 06:20 AM
I'm a complete homer and say that the Broncos hold Romo and company to 10 points or under. If anything more it will be field goals. :defense:

Orton and company are going to start gelling a little more this week. This means that the points for the Broncos will go up. :salute:

Decisive win for the Broncos and the "experts" will be saying...."Dayam...were we ever wrong". But won't say it out loud. ;)

claymore
09-30-2009, 06:42 AM
All I know is we cant run 4 times on the goal line and walk away with bitter beer face.

Tned
09-30-2009, 06:48 AM
All I know is we cant run 4 times on the goal line and walk away with bitter beer face.

McDaniels said something to the affect that in the same situation, the Broncos will likely do the same thing, because you HAVE to be able to punch it in from that spot. That mistakes (or poor execution) were made on those plays, which they will review and work on, so next time they can get it done.

While I was irritated at not showing a different look, to at least spread them out with the threat of the pass, and that Jordan took the last carry, I like the attitude. If you are going to be a great team, you need to be able to pick up a yard, whether on the goal line, or on a 4th and 1 at mid-field.

Dirk
09-30-2009, 06:58 AM
I agree. It was disappointing watching that but it went away really fast when fatty through an interception! :lol:

TXBRONC
09-30-2009, 06:59 AM

What?

Ya know, **** that.

I love it.

Broncos - 3.

As Tned said it really doesn't have to do with disrespect. Most supporters felt this was "rebuiding year" if I'm not mistaken.

claymore
09-30-2009, 07:35 AM
McDaniels said something to the affect that in the same situation, the Broncos will likely do the same thing, because you HAVE to be able to punch it in from that spot. That mistakes (or poor execution) were made on those plays, which they will review and work on, so next time they can get it done.

While I was irritated at not showing a different look, to at least spread them out with the threat of the pass, and that Jordan took the last carry, I like the attitude. If you are going to be a great team, you need to be able to pick up a yard, whether on the goal line, or on a 4th and 1 at mid-field.
Hearing that is definitley a positive. And he is right. But if you cant do it twice in a row, you have to be able to adjust I would think.

Tned-Mobile
09-30-2009, 08:13 AM
Hearing that is definitley a positive. And he is right. But if you cant do it twice in a row, you have to be able to adjust I would think.

That's what I was thinking on Sunday, and as I have not been impressed with Jordan, if they were going to try again and didn't want to use Hillis, I would have gone with Moreno.

broncofaninfla
09-30-2009, 08:16 AM
I'm taking Denver + the points. Leaning towards the under....

ursamajor
10-10-2009, 09:30 AM
I'm a complete homer and say that the Broncos hold Romo and company to 10 points or under. If anything more it will be field goals. :defense:

Orton and company are going to start gelling a little more this week. This means that the points for the Broncos will go up. :salute:

Decisive win for the Broncos and the "experts" will be saying...."Dayam...were we ever wrong". But won't say it out loud. ;)

QFT. You hit a homer on that prediction.